Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    stewaresteware Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    Have liked this car so much that I just bought another for about $300 less than the first one. Took a bit of back and forth to get it even cheaper, but got it done.
    Speer Mabry at Mike Edman Toyota in Merritt Island is the man!
  • Options
    2013corolla2013corolla Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2013 Toyota Corolla LE with tinting for 17,900 OTD in Corpus Christi, TX.
    MSRP 19,200 + 399 for tinting
    Selling Price 17331.25 minus 750 college grad rebate = 16581.25 plus ttl, fees = 17895.28
    This is with 0% financing and I put down payment of 2900 so monthly payment is 249.92
    I was getting internet prices from two dealerships in the area, starting from 19,700 OTD to 18,900 to 17,986 then both matched 17,900. I went with the one closer to home.
    :)
  • Options
    emvtimeemvtime Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I am also planning to get my Car from GA as the price difference between NJ dealers and GA dealers is too much.

I have quick question did you fly to FL and drove back to NJ or is there any other way I can get my car here.
  • Options
    prijayprijay Member Posts: 26
    What was the msrp on the car? Was this automatic transmission or manual?
  • Options
    stewaresteware Member Posts: 6
    I live in Merritt Island,FL...Just bought my second Corolla in 2 months. Both are 2013 Corolla L with Manual Trans.
    They are offering HUGE price discount on ALL Corolla models here.
    My first one was 13,690 + tt&l.
    The second was 13,590 + tt&l.
    They're running about $4k off MSRP on all models here.
    Been very happy with both.
    And I traded my 2012 Honda Civic Si for the second one. I miss it, but it needed basically a new motor after losing qt of oil every 1,000 miles. Cant beat the savings for the trade.
  • Options
    jle6481334jle6481334 Member Posts: 4
    I was also tracking prices in the Atlanta area and they seemed even better than South Florida. My daughter flew down one way from NJ and drove the car back. There are other ways to get the car back to NJ but with the additional costs you might not realize the savings you anticipate. Though the price difference is sooo much you still might.
  • Options
    jle6481334jle6481334 Member Posts: 4
    Automatic. The MSRP is meaningless. Negotiate from the bottom up (dealer cost) not MSRP down. Auto Buying 101.
  • Options
    karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    Yes, and compute your initial price as follows:

Invoice, less holdback, less incentives, plus 2-3 % profit.

Work up from that number, not down from any price the dealer quotes.

Use True Car Target Price to get the dealer's true initial price offer. Reduce that by $299, TC's commission paid by the dealer for any new car sale through TC. This is a price at which most dealers would likely sell with no real negotiation.

If your dealer will not play ball, use your feet and look elsewhere. You may not get the dealer's best offer unless you make them think you are leaving.
  • Options
    jordan88jordan88 Member Posts: 33
    I have been emailing numerous dealers for quotes and this is the best offer I have received so far. Please let me know what you think.

2013 Corolla S Magnetic Gray MSRP $20,650
    Options include Premium Package and Carpet Floor Mats.

$181 month including MA Tax with $1000 down for 24 months. (12,000 miles)

Money Factor is 0.0002, No details on Residual yet.

Thank you for our help!
  • Options
    jennisjennis Member Posts: 2
    Hi Ashley?

I live in Oakland and is looking to buy the 2013 Corolla LE as well. You got an amazing deal. If you're willing, can you let me know who you worked with at Dublin? So far, the lowest I've gotten is $17,600 OTD.

my email is:

jensmith099@gmail.com

Thank you
  • Options
    Did you finance with toyota at 0% or ?
  • Options
    billlinuxbilllinux Member Posts: 1
    Got a 2013 white one in Sacramento area for ~$16900 OTD. very satisfied. we took $1000 incentives instead of 0apr.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I am looking to buy the same car for my daughter, can you please provide a breakdown for your cost such as:

MSRP:
    Any Options on the car:
    Automatic Transmission or Manual:

Vehicle Price:
    Dealer Fee:
    Any other fees:
    Sales Tax:
    Title, Reg./Tag:
    Rebates:
    Total OTD $16,900

Also did you pay cash for the vehicle or did you finance it?
    If financed where from and what rate?
  • Options
    billtracybilltracy Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Just got a 2013 Corolla S with automatic transmission.
    MSRP was $18,219
    Sales Price $14,500
    Tax $920
    Total out the door price $15,422

This was at Cobb County Toyota in Kennesaw Georgia.
    Paul Garfield was the salesman, very nice, highly recommended!

They have about a dozen 2013 Corollas left on the lot.

no dealer fees, nothing else added.
  • Options
    jennisjennis Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2013 LE with an OTD price of $16,800. Elk Grove, Maita and Roseville offered me the same OTD price. Took the $1K incentive instead of 0% APR.
  • Options
    billlinux i had posted the following question for you yesterday but didnt get a response. Please let me know:

I am looking to buy the same car for my daughter, can you please provide a breakdown for your cost such as:

MSRP:
    Any Options on the car:
    Automatic Transmission or Manual:

Vehicle Price:
    Dealer Fee:
    Any other fees:
    Sales Tax:
    Title, Reg./Tag:
    Rebates:
    Total OTD $16,900

Also did you pay cash for the vehicle or did you finance it?
    If financed where from and what rate?
  • Options
    Did you get the 0% financing from Toyota or did you pay cash or finance from somewhere else?

Where there any rebates/incentives included in your price?
  • Options
    abhijeet00abhijeet00 Member Posts: 4
    Dear Forum Members,
    I would appreciate any feedback on recent 2013 Corolla LE purchases with 0% financing. I am also interested in window tinting and LoJack. Would appreciate any suggestions - will purchase in 7 days.
    Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Just bought a Corolla LE yesterday OTD price: $17,288 the only options were carpet mats, window tints and nitro fill tires (not sure what the advantage of this is or the cost associated with it). Took the $1000 cash rebate ilo 0% financing.
  • Options
    weezymweezym Member Posts: 4
    Hello, I am in the market for a Corolla LE as well. Does the $17,288 price include the financing fee? What are your monthly payments and what was your APR if you don't mind me asking. Also, was this in the Sacramento or Northern California area? Thanks for your help. I'm looking to buy in the next few weeks before the 14's come out
  • Options
    I took the $1000 cash back in lieu of financing as mentioned in my post. paid cash no financing. Car was bought in South Florida
  • Options
    Thank you for your response. I just bought a silver LE (MSRP 19,200) in the Sacramento area for $17,700 OTD with 0% financing. The car was around $16,085 plus tax/license/fees. Payments are $295 for 60 months. I'm interested to see what the prices will be in a month or so when the new ones roll out
  • Options
    micallenmicallen Member Posts: 3
    I would like to know if the OTD prices that are being posted for the 2013 Corollas include the $1000 Rebate amount? I am new to this forum and want to get an idea on pricing for a 2013 Corolla. I am looking at a 2013 LE Corolla. If I see an $17,700 OTD price I know this includes all fees and taxes - but does it also include the $1000 rebate - or can I expect to get an additional $1000 back ON TOP of the $17,700 price?
  • Options
    $17,700 does not include the $1000 rebate. I took the 0% financing instead of the rebate. You can only do one or the other. If I took the $1000 off then the price of the car would be cheaper, but I would actually be paying more due to financing fees (probably around 17,950 OTD). Just find out what APR you qualify for. That will determine which option you take. You can price both options out and see which one is better for you. I hope this helps
  • Options
    micallenmicallen Member Posts: 3
    Do Toyota Incentives only apply to new cars on the lot? Or also to cars ordered from the factory?

We like the 2014 Corolla LE but do NOT need to purchase right away. Just wondering if we would be able to order the color and options we want and still take advantage of a Toyota rebate if there is an offer later this year or perhaps next year?

Also I assume we may not get a good deal on pricing if we order from the factory?
  • Options
    zezmerzezmer Member Posts: 1
    could you please the name of the dealership near Sacramento you got the car from?
  • Options
    Elk Grove Toyota. I Enjoyed my experience with them.
  • Options
    bcb86bcb86 Member Posts: 3
    I bought a leftover 2013 Corolla S (added options Southeast window tint, and floor mats, automatic transmission) at the end of September at Nalley Toyota in Roswell, GA. I was out the door with the paperwork fees and the dealer fee of $599 for 17,800 out the door (the way the paperwork was written, the car was discounted $3,600, but of course the dealer fee offsets some of that. I got top dollar on my trade per NADA, a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix of $7,500 for a net price of $10,300 before taxes, which ran me about $688 in Georgia. Car has been good so far...sometimes I wish I had waited for the 2014, but I knew it would be awhile before incentives kicked in. That is a very nice vehicle though, nicely done interior vs. the outgoing model, transmission has changed, as the manual has moved from 5 to 6 gears and the AT from a primitive 4-speed to CVT. Also, the back seat has much mroe leg room in the new model.
  • Options
    Bill, that is an outstanding price at Cobb County Toyota. How was MSRP that low on an S? I bought one recently at Nalley in Roswell and MSRP was over $20k with just window tint and floor mats. I got about a $3,600 discount off MSRP but then a $599 dealer fee was assessed. Your price was outstanding.
  • Options
    Great net price. I bought one at Nalley in Roswell about a month later and my net price out the door was about $800 higher than that a month later. You did really well. Mine did have floor mats and window tint (about $700 in options), and I was trading a car they were giving me top dollar on, "clean NADA trade in" and I had her for sale for a month on cars.com earlier and wasn't moving it at a net price $1,500 higher than the trade. Additionally my trade was worth about $500 in lower TAVT on the car. So a $7,500 trade was like 8k. Still thinking I should have taken them down another $500 in net price but not too bad.