Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    sdridesdride Member Posts: 5
    Check out Fitzmall.com. I picked my 2010 S with sunroof for much less than that. It was such an easy purchase i would not hesitate to do it again. It's worth the two hour drive from philly to the Chambersburg PA store. The price they list is what you pay +TTL. No haggle no hassle. You can do 95% of the purchase over the internet and jsut show up and sign the papers. I was in and out in 30 minutes. I'm all for buying locally but this was just so easy. Could I have haggled locally for a better price? I'm sure but for the ease of purchase it was worth it.
  • Options
    tasaytasay Member Posts: 36
    I've checked out Fitzmall.com The prices seem to be the best deal all around. It would be great if the local dealers match their price. Hate to travel 2 hours but if it is neccessary then will do.
  • Options
    I asked if they could even come close and they said no way. I asked my sales guy about what other toyota dealers in his area thought of them and he just smiled and said that they hate them. He did say that people still buy from their local dealers and use the fitz price to keep them honest.
  • Options
    meloonmeloon Member Posts: 1
    I think Fitzmall offer an option of driving the car to your place for a price. Not too sure if it's offered in all of their sites/cars, but I believe that's what was offered to me from the places in MD (they said $200 from there to Philly, for a Hydundai car). Not too sure how the services/experience goes, since I have not yet decide on the car, so would be interested if someone can share their experience if they ever use that option before.
  • Options
    the_guythe_guy Member Posts: 17
    It seems they just had a couple of cars at that price. The offer I had is not good anymore.
  • Options
    misscatmisscat Member Posts: 9
    I don't know why the dealers in buffalo NY are so tough and difficult to deal with. They all stick to the price they quota first time in EMAIL.16481(before any incentive)+TTL is the lowest price I can get here. Is it a good price to take the car? I think if I go to finance program, I can get 1500 cash rebate( 500+1000 college). They said they don't have 750 coupon.
  • Options
    i_need_a_cari_need_a_car Member Posts: 17
    Tough luck misscat unless u r driving to MA before 31st to buy one :-) . Good that u r getting that Grad rebate though.

Omvan, plz check my previous posts for details on that.
  • Options
    grasshopper07grasshopper07 Member Posts: 1
    2010 Corolla LE, Silver
    Long Beach, CA

Options:
    EVP (Cruise, Keyless, Mats)

$16,200 out-the-door (after $500 incentive and $500 loyalty rebate).

How I got the price: I basically e-mailed local dealerships and told them I had an offer for $16,500 OTD and asked if anyone could beat it. Some dealerships e-mailed me and told me that I was lying. Other dealerships e-mailed me and said if the offer was real that I should jump on it right away. Finally, I got two legitimate counter-offers. I walked in, signed the papers, and drove-off with a new Corolla.

That deal at Fitzmall is great if you can get it. But I'm dealing with 9.75% sales tax out here so 15.5 OTD might be tough. I'm sure I could have done a bit better, but I'm happy with my purchase.
  • Options
    From what I understand you can't combine the $500 and the college rebate. It's one or the other. But if you can get the car for 16481 before any rebate the college rebate would put you at 15481 correct?
  • Options
    i_need_a_cari_need_a_car Member Posts: 17
    sdride,

The cash back and grad rebate can be combined. Read below:

http://www.buyatoyota.com/specials/specialOffersPage.aspx?seriesname=Corolla
  • Options
    Dealers are not giving great deals now as they expect cash for clunkers will be enough to boost their sales.
  • Options
    iengsteriengster Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer did you get your car from? The price seems to be reasonable.
  • Options
    acrodingacroding Member Posts: 1
    The price seems to be good. Could you tell me the name of the dealer? I am also on the market to look for a 2010 corolla in SoCal. If you don't feel comfortable to disclose the name here, could you send the name to my email: acroding@hotmail.com? Thanks.
  • Options
    watfalletwatfallet Member Posts: 12
    This seems to be a very good deal. It would be helpful if you could provide the following for your car:

1) MSRP
    2) Price you paid (not including taxes, title, and doc fees)

Working backwards and assuming you paid $250 in title and $50 in doc fees, I figure you paid about $14.5k for the car.

Also, where did you get the loyalty rebate?

Thanks
  • Options
    karthikeyankarthikeyan Member Posts: 2
    2010 Toyota Corolla LE, Silver color

MSRP: $17950
    Dealer Discount: $2650
    Grad Rebate: $1000
    Toyota Finance Cash Back: $500
    Out-the-door price: $13800 :)

Purchased on 29-July-2009
  • Options
    What dealer in MA?
  • Options
    samforusamforu Member Posts: 1
    I paid 19477 for a Corolla Le brought from Price Leblanc at baton Rouge , beware of dealing with them
  • Options
    zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Why, because of the price?
  • Options
    steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    hi folks,just recieved a price quote for a 2010 corolla S with 5sp manual and sport package which includes rear spoiler,remote keyless,cruise,ect.quote was for $17,100.00 plus TTT.is this a good price down here in south fla??
  • Options
    nistoyondanistoyonda Member Posts: 4
    2010 Corolla S Auto White Option:EJ, CK QC SR CF
    MSRP 20,605
    OTD : 15605 +4500 clunker+ 500 Loyalty= 20,605(18.579+ TTL).
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Shouldn't this be the purchase price or am I missing something here?

The Sandman :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    shand32783shand32783 Member Posts: 76
    MSRP 19874
    Invoice 18388
    Was offered Invoice minus the $500 rebate and the 5 year cash for clunker lease rate of .00047.

Has anyone else done the Corolla on the 5 year lease through the cash for clunker deal on toyota.com with the $500 rebate?

What was your payment per month?

I have tried every local dealership within 200 miles and the best deals are at invoice.
    Nobody if moving from there.
    Anyone else done a cash for clunker lease? Can you breakdown your deal?
    thanks
  • Options
    online4meonline4me Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me what dealer in Massachusetts gave you this awesome deal?
  • Options
    2010corollas2010corollas Member Posts: 6
    I bought a 2010 Corolla S at Corona CA.
    I paid $18700(OTD), in this prices include loyalty$500, graduate$1000,cash for clunker$4500, downpay$3000, and 60month with 3.9% APR.(it was first new car in my life, I will pay $180 a month.)
    So I actually paid $12700. was it good deal?
    Thank you
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Of all the Corolla's, that is the one I'd buy. A guy at work bought a white S and it's a nice lookin' ride.

The Sandman :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    sikka50sikka50 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for sharing your posts - am posting my own experience. We brought a new 09 Corolla in July - drive out price was $15,000 (including TTL) - only options were mats, automatic and keyless. This was at Toyota dealer in Alpharetta, GA .

All other dealers quoted ~16000 - Nalley had a special on a few cars they had.
  • Options
    does anyone know what i should be able to purchase this car for down here in south fla??2010 corolla S 5sp manual..i don't qualify for any of the rebates and this will be a cash purchase.dealer quote i recieved a few days ago seemed a little on the high side at $17,100.00..been comparing this car to the kia forte which at the moment seems like a much better value although the resale value on the kia is not the best compared to the toyota corolla.
  • Options
    splahnsplahn Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone else been charged a dealership fee? in my Out the Door Price I was quoted a $949 dealership fee on 2010 Corolla S. I have only seen this at one dealership and the sales guy told me it is pure profit for them and most dealers don't put it in the quote price but end up charging it when you actually write the check for the vehicle. Is this true?
  • Options
    splahnsplahn Member Posts: 2
    Today in Central FL I was quoted for a 2010 Automatic Corolla S invoce &17,529. This is with the 16 in alloy wheels and spoiler. I am not sure if this is a good price or not either. was your price standard or with options?
  • Options
    all168all168 Member Posts: 3
    A friend bought a 09 corolla 3-4mo ago for $15500 including TTL in Los Angeles, don't understand why their price go up to $17000+ OTD now. maybe 09 was in clearance.
  • Options
    movinout77movinout77 Member Posts: 14
    Hi, everybody. I posted here -- movinout77, "Lost? Ask a Host for Help!" #2608, 4 Aug 2009 11:05 pm -- # 2608 -- since my questions were general in nature, but the motivation behind them was originally from my wanting to buy a Corolla. The power steering issues (which I also posted about) are making me leary about it though.

If you have any experiences about paying in cash, what that means for shopping and *rebates* within the context of the Corolla, please share them. I'm also wondering if anyone had trouble finding a metallic blue S model recently as they seem rare when I search inventories. Any insight? Thanks.

PS - Is anyone else disappointed that the rebate offers seem to have disappeared in August -- even for the '09's? Anyone see that changing anytime soon?
  • Options
    Stephen, I see that you posted this on Monday after you posted on Sunday that you weren't happy with the test drive in another thread. Did you have a change of heart?
  • Options
    first off,my name is spelled steven and 2nd after looking at and test driveing a 2010 kia forte EX yesterday my decision about the corolla is floundering a bit at the moment.when i was given the quote for a 2010 corolla S with auto for $17,100.00 i decided to compare this against the competion.what i found was for $17,490.00 msrp kia forte EX just blows the corolla away as far as haveing way more features for the money as well as a better warranty.here are just a few examples of what the forte EX has over the corolla S model...power...corolla 132 hp,forte EX 156 hp,4wheel disk brakes,sirius sat radio with 3 month sub,bluetooth,usb plug in,..ect..
    so from a value point of view the forte wins out although resale value for the forte remains a concern.
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll looking into adding it to my list of candidates. Sorry for misspelling your name.
  • Options
    Yes there is in clearance, if you can buy a 09 corolla now(if possible), you can get $1500 (clearance rebate)more than 10 corolla.
  • Options
    It stinks that there are no rebates in my area (NY metro), but does anyone know what strings are attached to the cash rebates? Do you have to finance through Toyota to get them or would I be able to combine them with a cash purchase, if they ever make their way to my neck of the woods again? Thanks.
  • Options
    Ops! The clearance sale periods is over! I can't find any rebate information about 09 corolla at Toyota web pages, it was there in July, there are so many rebates program(clearance$1500, special$1000,factory$500,low APR etc,) may be cash for clunker get leads them out. I apologized gave you wrong information.
  • Options
    dantzdantz Member Posts: 49
    I read your original post on the other thread (08 Civic vs 09 Corolla), and I think you were somewhat tricked. I also think you didn't do your homework and went in there unprepared. Not only does your deal sound kind of unusual, but the MSRP's you are quoting sound unrealistically high, although you don't mention which accessories are included. Did you look up the MSRP's on Edmunds.com to make sure they are correct?
  • Options
    nniuqnniuq Member Posts: 4
    I do not qualify for cash/clunkers. Is it a bad time to buy a new car (corolla) if you do not qualify?

If so, how long do you think it will be before dealers start making deals again?

thank you!
  • Options
    fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    If you can, I'd suggest waiting until about 2 or so months after the C4C program ends before buying. Transaction prices are up some right now and supply for some models is tight due to demand created by C4C. I'm estimating it'll take a couple of months after the program ends for supply to rebuild and demand to slow enough to bring back the deals we were seeing a couple of months ago.

Assuming you'll be financing, though, start making payments now. Make payments into a savings account or similar and then use that money to increase the size of your down payment when you do eventually buy. My brother did that; when he paid off the first car he ever bought he kept making payments to himself and used the money to buy every car since then with cash.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • Options
    I got cash already to pay in full. I had thought this would give me leverage when buying but now I am not so sure. I have heard that dealers will resist lowering prices because they will not be making money on financing. Should I just lie and say that I am financing but will discuss it after we agree on a price?
  • Options
    a dealer offered me $15900 plus tax today for a Base 2010 Corolla with automatic transmission. It was not the color we wanted so we declined. But my feeling is that it was a pretty good price.
  • Options
    njgal973njgal973 Member Posts: 2
    My offer for a Corolla LE 2009 standard OTD price was 16,500 CASH . They claim was that their invoice price was 16,700. So with taxes, fees, etc it brings it so somewhere above or below the msrp of 18,500K. Total BS much? an 09 not even the '10

After looking at this site, I am disappointed. They had a black sedan @ $17,859msrp and a gray one @ $18,314. msrp
    When we argued with them and said that research on multiple website stated that their invoice price was 15,300ish and no one would pay anywhere near the msrp they argued different. They said we were in LA-LA land, etc, etc. They kept on referring to their little booklet. We told them about the prices that many people had brought their cars at, buyers who posted their prices at edmunds.com, true cars, yahoo, etc. and the saleman said that all the buyers are/were lying.

Route 22 toyota Hillside worst service I have ever seen. He practically chased/harassed us out the door. We've bought three/four cars from them in the pass 10 years. Now they can forget about it. After that horrible experience, never again are we going to go back.
  • Options
    arnomantisarnomantis Member Posts: 1
    I am in Charlotte, NC. just got a quote for 2010 corolla S with sport package and moon roof for 18270+TTL (with 0 apr finance and lifetime warrenty)
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade
    S EVP #3: Includes 16" Alloy Wheels with
    P205/55R16 Steel-belted Radial Tires
    Rear Deck Spoiler
    Power Windows with Driver's Side One-Touch Down
    Remote Keyless Entry w/ Key Transmitter and Cruise Control

Is this a good price? can anybody in the Charlotte area recommend a good toyota dealer? Thanks
  • Options
    confusedman1confusedman1 Member Posts: 34
    Hello
    I am in the marketing for Corolla LE with LE vp pkg.
    the three quote from local dealers,
    including destination
    Ira 16256 .
    boch 16283
    herb 15706 * the lowest *

are they good price? what's are the lowest price the people are getting in Boston area.

thanks so much
  • Options
    dukeiedukeie Member Posts: 2
    WOuld you please tell me in NC area, what is the reasonable OTD price
    of a 1010 Toyota Carolla OTD or a invoice , internet price?

Thanks

JL
  • Options
    mrt0802d2mrt0802d2 Member Posts: 1
    What dealership did you get this quote from? Is there any way that you could share the quote information with me and sales person's name. I am looking in Raleigh and it would really help to have this information to talk my guy down. Your deal is looking a lot better then what I have been able to get.
  • Options
    dukeiedukeie Member Posts: 2
    2010 Carolla auto base OTD $17,026 NC 27514
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Don't see a lot of postings from the San Antonio area so thought I'd share the price I helped my nephew get on his new Corolla, MSRP was $19,040.00, purchased for $16,040.00 plus TT&L. Car had the following options: Toyota Auto Care, LE EVP# 1, Roadside Assistance, Owneres Reward Package, Vehicle Shield Package. Very hard to find an LE model without all the options in stock, seems Gulf State Toyota likes to tack on a bunch of stuff not worth the price. All in all a fair price and the buying process was painless at Charles Maund Toyota.
  • Options
    alkeshalkesh Member Posts: 3
    Hi Guys,
    I was offered $15318 + destination + tags + tax + dealer fee = $17447.00 Out the door from antwerpen toyota in MD on MSRP of $17,950. Is this a good deal? I offered $1700, ans NO. I offered $17200, still answer is NO. So, I just walked out. Dealers are not interested in negotiating at all cuz of the clunkers.

Thanks,
    Alkesh.