Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Expedition Front End Vibration

macrodardenmacrodarden Member Posts: 5
edited June 2014 in Ford
I have a 2001 EB Expedition which hass the AWD system. The vehicle has 99k on it and runs well. When accelerating through 55 mph, i get a vibration/noise from the front end that feels like I am running over rumble strips. It last about 1 second and is gone. It will also do it coming down in speed decelerating through 55-60 mph. This is less noticable with hard accelerations. Any ideas on the cause and possible solutions? Do I need to start massaging my check book?
Thanks for the help.

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Take a look at this thread: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f10b28b/0

The symptoms described there are pretty much the same as yours.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • macrodardenmacrodarden Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for your reply. I looked the thread over and nothing appears to be addressed for the vibration. Maybe I should change vibration to shudder. The feeling and sound made when this happens is exacly the same as running over the rumble strips when you veer over the white lines on the highway.
  • favorsfavors Member Posts: 1
    I have the exact same problem with my 2002. It seems to be slowly getting worse over the years. I'm trying to find out what is wrong with mine. If i find out anything i will get back with you. Have you found out anything thing since you posted this last? Thanks.
  • luvdoc204luvdoc204 Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever get any information on this problem?
    I also have a 2002 with the same problem.
This discussion has been closed.