Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
Ask your Passat CC lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi nc_driver1. Here's the answer to the question that you posted over in the Passat discussion.

"Hi Car Man,
    Please let me know the money factor/s and residuals for a 3 yrs/36k miles lease and 45k miles lease.
    Thanks a lot."

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC Luxury 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00249 and 52%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

If you reside in Volkswagen's Southern region, you will be able to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that it is providing on leases of this car in that area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • kaysidkaysid Member Posts: 46
    Hi Car_man, Can you tell me what the residual is for the 2.0T Sport 6MT, I thought it would be higher than 54% (36mo/12K lease).
    Interesting about the cash incentive, so I take its not being offered in the Northeast (NY/NJ Tristate area). Thanks!
  • allexallex Member Posts: 3
    I currently have a 07 Passat and I still have another 15 months until my 36 months lease ends .I've heard somewhere, that I can return it if I'll get another car from the same dealership,a CC in my case. If that is truth,do I have to pay for my remaining 15 months of lease?the upside down thing?
    thank you
  • goodricsgoodrics Member Posts: 25
    HI,
    Can you please tell me the MF and Depreciation % for a 2009 CC Sport with Auto Transmission. Can you do this for 24 month/15k and 36 month/15k. I am in the Philadelphia Area.
    Thanks
    Hi kaysid. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC 2.0T Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00249 and 58%, respectively. Unfortunately, I don't believe that Volkswagen is currently providing any cash incentives on the CC in the Northeastern U.S....at least none that I am aware of.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi allex. What you heard isn't exactly true. While yes, technically you could get out of your current lease and into a new one right now if you really wanted to, it would likely be extremely expensive to do so fifteen months before its scheduled end date.

In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: sysop, "Real-World Trade-In Values" #, 14 Dec 2000 10:07 pm. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kaysid. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC 2.0T Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00249 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease are .00249 and 63%.

Car_man
    Host
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    you must look at your pay off versus you trade in value, also consider that the dealer will give you a slightly lower number for a trade too, that seems to be the norm, even for my Accord I had. If that number in difference is low enough or perhaps equal(if your lucky) I think it would be fine.

I think with being 15 months away from the lease end date, you will be fine, if you want to trade out.

From my experience.....
    I have leased 3 cars, and have always traded them in early, and have only suffered very minimal negative equity, so small, that is was only $10 or so more on my payment. I only had my Accord 2 years, no problems, this car only had a little negative value on it, because I was a little over my mileage, it was literally $10 more added to my new lease, traded a VW Jetta, no problems, I have an 08 Jetta now. I trade early all the time. If trade my 08 Jetta now, of course I am going to have extreme negative equity. Trade a new GM car, WOW!!, don't go there.
    It can only work with cars that already hold their value well.No GM car will do this. Sorry GM.

It is not advised not to do this. Because, if you are not educated about leasing, people often take the negative equity from a previous lease and roll into a new lease, they repeat this process over and over. Before you know it you have a Honda civic with a car payment of $800 a month...lol
    But, usually there is a time in a lease where you can trade out with minimal problems. But, your mileage has to be reasonable and on track with the lease, like new conditions, it only works in the best case scenario. I keep my cars like new, so that may be a factor.

Also, look for incentives to help with that trade too! VW usually offers deals very often.
    Hi Car man, Belated New Year Greetings..

I believe the lease numbers have changed on the CC, since their advertised special
    for a 2.0T auto went from 2699 down & 359 a month to 2499 down and 329 a month (this was based on MSRP with some dealer contribution and pre-tax).
    Can you please tell me what the Money Factor and residual is for the 2.0T Sport (Manual) based on 12k/36 months so I can work out some numbers based on selling prices I will be negotiating hopefully this month...(My final choice is between this car and the Acura TSX 6speed manual so you might see some comments from me on that thread also..but that is alot more active. :) )
    Thanks kaysid. Here's the latest info for you. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC 2.0T Sport with a manual transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00124 and 55%, respectively.

Good luck in your quest for a new CC and make sure to stop back to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • blottzspottzblottzspottz Member Posts: 3
    Here are some of the offers I've received. Let me know what you guys think.

1. On a 2009 CC Sport in Manual Transmission:

For 36 months @ 12,000 miles a year with $1,700 down, your payment is $380.69 a month. The money factor for this model is .00124 and the residual is 55%.

2. 2009 Passat CC Stock # V90306 MSRP $27,855 Months 36 miles Per Year 12,000 Initial Investment $1,700 Monthly $395

3. 36 Months 12,000 miles a year, $1700 total due out of pocket $364.89. Money Factor .00139 Residual $15,320.25

• saabgrrlsaabgrrl Member Posts: 2
    Can you please tell me if this sounds like a good lease for a Passat CC sport, manual transmission:

price: 25, 255
    24 mos, 12K per year
    Money factor is .00144
    62% res value

This works out to 350 a month, with the downpayment. I know those numbers are not relevant.

Thanks so much in advance for the feedback! These forums are so great.
    You need to know the selling price of the car and then base the cap cost on that minus any down payments you make. Just working backwards from the numbers you've given it looks like you paying sticker for the car. IF the deal was around invoice pricing, with $1700 down you would be looking at a figure around $300 + tax. Also not sure if you were including tax in your payment, Hope that helps.
  • saabgrrlsaabgrrl Member Posts: 2
    Thank you! I found the invoice price as 24 965, and then of course the car the dealer found had some silly extra that I didn't want, but still I found 25,255 less than the sticker price of 26 790. Is my information wrong?
    Sorry I was referring to the other post. Your deal looks good I guess that is the MF for a 24month deal, if you went with the 36month deal it would be the lower .00124
    rate spread over 36 months but I guess you want a 2yr lease.thx
  • km5377km5377 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the latest money factor / residual values for Jan 09? The lease special the VW is offering has gone down for Jan.

I'm looking for the values for both the Sport and Luxury (automatic, 12k, 36 mo.)

Thanks in advance.
  • daeNeedACardaeNeedACar Member Posts: 4
    I am curious to know any current lease parameters for a 2009 Passat CC VR6 4Motion (MSRP $39800). Has anyone had any luck coming down off sticker price on this model?
  • zenberg1zenberg1 Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man

Hope you can help. I am looking for the residual and money factor on the VR6 4 Motion for a 36 month lease and 15K miles. I am in upstate NY in case that matters. Also, I see a 1000 cash back incentive posted on Edmunds. Just want to verify.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    No more Saabs for you, huh, saabgrrl? I can't blame you. I really like the CC as well. Let's take a look at the deal that you were quoted. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with VW Credit's current buy rate for this model. That is a good thing because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your car's factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal.

It's excellent that you know what selling price you are being charged. This is one of the more difficult, yet most important pieces of information to get. We just need something to compare it with, either this car's MSRP or dealer invoice price. You can look up these numbers over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Let us know what either one of them are and I am sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi km5377. Here's the info that you are looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00124 and 55%. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a CC Luxury are .00124 and 51%.

If you haven't pulled the trigger on your CC lease yet, you're in luck. Volkswagen just introduced $1,000 bonus cash on CCs that are leased or financed through VW Credit a few days ago. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your car's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Excellent choice, daeNeedACar. I suppose that it's not that surprising that the most expensive of the CCs is also the best, but I love the V6 4Motion. It has a ton more power than the 4-cylinder model and the AWD eliminates the small hint of torque steer that the 2WD model has.

Volkswagen's lease program for this car varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC VR6 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00116 and 47%, respectively.

I am not all that familiar with what others have been paying for this model right now, but I can tell you that Volkswagen just introduced a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it through VW Credit last week. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your deal. You might be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this car right now by visiting the "Volkswagen Passat CC Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Good luck and if you pull the trigger on this car make sure to stop back and let us all know what you think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi zenberg1. Yep, Volkswagen just introduced a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2009 CC through VW Credit last week. Here's the info that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC VR6 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00116 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • hutchy1hutchy1 Member Posts: 1
    first time poster but this may have just saved me some money car man. I test drove a VR6 Sport yesterday. 36 mos lease with 15k miles with $5K down came to $619 / month. I left it to go do some research as first time leaser. Using the money factors you quote above and the RV of 47% i get to around $540 / mth rather than the $619 they quoted me.

Unless im missing something the dealer may have been trying to stiff me. :surprise:
  • QuickB5QuickB5 Member Posts: 1
    Hello... first time poster here. I'm hoping to pick up a CC Sport, Auto, Sirius and no other options in the next couple of days. Would you happen to know the current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month/10,000 mile lease? Thanks so much for all your contribution to this forum!!!
  • km5377km5377 Member Posts: 3
    I know I just asked for the lease rates, however I see that VW just dropped their payment another $30 on the CC special on their website...down to $299. Does this mean that the money factor dropped as well?

car_man - Do you have the latest numbers? Sport and Luxury (automatic, 12k, 36 mo.)

I really would like to pull the trigger in the next couple of days.

Thanks.
  • pinksnyperpinksnyper Member Posts: 75
    Be careful KM...I noticed they did drop the lease special but also went from 12k miles a year to 10k if you read the fine print. I think utlimately its the same exact "deal" as last month, just a bit off to make it see more attractive. If you need 12k it will probably come out the same price...maybe $10 less depending on what they charge for up front mileage.
  • daeNeedACardaeNeedACar Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Car_man - you nailed it - 15,000 miles per year and 36 month lease. I'm seeing folks getting CCs below invoice on the "Volkswagen Passat CC Prices Paid and Buying Experience" forum but not sure if that is for a VR6 4motion. Just drove it tonight for the first time. I was impressed. Trying to decide whether or not to keep my 2006 BMW 530xiT wagon, lease a 2009 BMW 528xi sedan, a 2009 Genesis 4.6L, or the CC VR6 4motion. What a tough decision... Your forum is extremely helpful.

Interesting tidbit - because the CC VR6 4motion has a residual of 47% and the CC VR6 Sport has a residual of 45% (both low but maybe accurate), the more expensive 4motion leases for less than the sport.
  • jimmycornjimmycorn Member Posts: 3
    Hello all, my first post. My lease is up in 90 days and I am looking at 3 cars and one of them is the VW CC. Using the autobytel site through a dealer 150 mi from where I live in Calif. I was quoted in writing on a CC Sport automatic (no other options) 36 mo. lease, 15k mi per year, zero out of pocket, $391 per month plus tax. They claim this is $2,159 below MSRP. Hope this is helpful.
    Welcome QuickB5. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC 4-cylinder Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00124 and 56%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that VW introduced on leases of it in late January into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi km5377. I believe that Volkswagen's February lease money factors for the CC are the same as they were in January. The main difference in its program is that in late January, Volkswagen introduced a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it through VW Credit.

Here is the lease program again so you can make sure that it is the same.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC 4-cylinder Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00124 and 55%. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 CC 4-cylinder Luxury are .00124 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, daeNeedACar. Now if I could only guess lottery numbers like that, I'd be in business :).

Car_man
    Host
    Used emunds to price around like a fiend. Please comment on this deal:

2009 CC Sport - auto - sirius
    20k miles a year lease, 36 months.

MSRP $28955
    Sell Price $25042 , which includes all rebates
    Other fees (registration, doc, bank etc. ) $876
    Money rate .00124 and residual at 45% *(adjusted to reflect 20k miles)

$1500 out of pocket.
    roughly $409 a month

Good deal?
    Car Man et al,

Firstly thanks to your input and feedback from other members, these forums are priceless in terms of knowledge gained by the consumer when negotiating a deal.
    I leased a 2009 CC Black on Black, 6MT Sport with Sirius Radio. 36 months 10k year, which is enough miles for me. Took advantage of the customer cash incentive also.
    Here is the breakdown.

msrp 27915
    invoice 26046
    selling price 24973
    1000 cap cost reduction = 23973
    35 month payments of $281 excl 7% NJ Tax

Inception costs:
    First months payment $281
    Acq Fee $575
    Title $187
    Doc Fee $ 189
    NJ Tire Fee $7.50
    Total $1232
    This car is amazing, my first stick shift after 12 years..I feel young again :)
    Car_Man , can you help me calculate if this deal is coming out the right number please :

2009 CC Sport *auto*Sirius
    MSRP $28955
    Sell $25042
    $2500 out the door/out of pocket
    20k miles a year @ $.15 each, residual is 45% adjusted for this mileage
    lease includes $878 in doc fees and registration etc.
    money factor was .00124
    Their number came to $379 a month. NJ pays tax up front also. I appreciate your help
    pinlsnyper,

I just looked at your deal using a lease calculator and based on your msrp, selling price, assuming zero cap cost reduction. i.e. the out of pocket amounts are not used towards reducing the selling price then you payment based on the lower residual does indeed come out to $380 a month. This is without taxes but you said
    you are paying these up-front. Please note in NJ you do not have to pay tax up front
    if you dont want to. I had it added to my monthly payment. Hope that helps..
  • camrnlendycamrnlendy Member Posts: 15
    Just leased an 09 VW CC Luxury Package with Navigation. Here's the deal:

MSRP: $34670
    Invoice: $33278
    Rebates: $2000 ($1000 for CC, $1000 for Lux package)
    = 31278
    Selling price: $30600
    MF: .00124
    Res: 51%

$1000 Cap Cost reduction
    Lease Payment: $389.89 - 12K miles/3 years
    Paid $1200 tax upfront, first payment, and $575 bank fee for a total of $3311 DAS.
    Also traded an 06 Passat (Package 2) with Nav, 36K miles for $13,000.

Good deal?
  • eurocarchickeurocarchick Member Posts: 2
    Camrlendy,
    I see in your post a '$2000' rebate?? I was only aware of $1000 lease cash. Is there another $1000 available for the Luxury trim now?? I'd appreciate your response, I'm looking to lease this bad boy asap and this would sure help me afford it! :)

Also, I live in OH - where do I find out if I have to pay tax upfront or if I can have it added into the payments?
    Enjoy your new ride! Thanks a bunch!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Ohio charges the sales tax upfront.. But, you don't have to pay it upfront. It can always be rolled into the CAP cost, and paid over the term of the lease.

In fact, most lessees do it that way.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• camrnlendycamrnlendy Member Posts: 15
    The dealer told me there was $1000 lease cash for the CC and another $1000 for the luxury. I've seen it somewhere online and the dealer showed us in their VW documets that both rebates were good. I thought there was an additional 500 for loyalty but apparently it does not apply to the CC.

I paid the tax upfront on my own.
  • eurocarchickeurocarchick Member Posts: 2
    That's good info. Thanks!

Anyone know the Residual Value on the CC Lux (no navi)? 36mo/15k
    I've been hearing 49% and 51% - which one is it? Is this negotiable/who determines it?

Thank you!!
  • mcaldaronemcaldarone Member Posts: 4
    Kaysid, I'm in CT and could not get nearly that good of a selling price. What town in NJ did you got to?
  • sam109sam109 Member Posts: 1
    Please comment on the deal that I'd been offered.
    09 CC Sport, auto.
    $29250 MSRP
    $350 out of pocket, $350 per month (incl NJ tax) 36 mos, 10k year.
    no trade, no loyalty
    Good till 3/2/09
    Also, I'm a bit confused about the options. The car had standard memory seats and sirius, even though they appear as options on VW.com. Did they revise the Sport package recently?
    Thank you.
    Just figured I'd help out anyone in their negotiations....I shopped around using Edmunds and then finalized my deal, picking up my 09 CC sport with automatic trans and sirius tomorrow, MSRP was 28955 and I paid $25042. I'm leasing BTW.

This includes $1750 of current incentives. Good luck to all
    sam109,
    Some of the sports that were shipped early had some "extra"equipment thrown into them. Not sure why but I saw a Sport with rain sensing wipers and Sirius put into it already. I think its an incentive to get cars on the road and seen to generate more interest. Where did you shop?
    Hi there, sorry havent been on the forum lately, been out driving my cc :)
    Got it from Crestmont Vw on Route 23, good dealer have previously bought a passat from them, no gimmicks or sales tactics involved I highly recommend them.
    Thanks for the info. Enjoy the car. I plan to be in one by the end of May
  • nhbankernhbanker Member Posts: 21
    Can anyone confirm the money factor and residual on a CC Sport 4 cyl automatic? I am in the market now and was told to use .00124 and 53% for a lease of 36 months and 15K miles. Would love to confirm before making deal!!
  • nhbankernhbanker Member Posts: 21
    OK...now I am unsure what to believe. Another dealer told me today that the money factor is .00073 and the residual is 50%. This is for a CC Sport auto 4 cyl with 15K miles and a 36 month term. Really need confirmation now! Help please!
  • vwlaxvwlax Member Posts: 1
    Got quoted the march special with not any adjustments

$ 289 plus tax
    2999 (Dow Payment)
    100 +210+695+250 (Additional fees Registration etcc)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    total $4250`

Credit trade value - $4,000 (seems fair)

My personal observations ,The price is way to high . Take into consideration this is a cc Sport Manual transmission. At first they werent aware of the MSRP and got quoted somewhere around $27,775 including Sirius radio.

Includes $1,000 incentive

The residual value I was quoted to be 52% considering its 10,000miles/36month lease.

In conclusion was told this was in the national march promotion and no adjustments by the rude belligerent finance manager . Thoughts ?

Already had a better offer at another dealership
  • filter818filter818 Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the forums (and to leasing) but I appreciate all of the advice from the posters.

I just leased a VC CC 2.0 luxury with the tech package -
    48months/12K year
    Cap Cost: 29,448
    Don't have the other numbers handy, can post Monday ( I know, I know I should have the MF, residual, etc with me but I don't..)
    0 Down except vehicle registration
    Pre tax price: 393

How is that? Did I do ok? Honestly, I didn't bargain much since the prices seemed reasonable, and I was tired....probably a rookie mistake.

Thanks again for the help.