Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions

Comments

• drdrakeramoredrdrakeramore Member Posts: 49
    Hello - Currently in my area VW is running lease deals on the 2010 CC Sport (with a few extras) at $279/mo with $3299 out of pocket. When I tally up the total cost (13343) it seems quite reasonable compared to what others have gotten on this site. Thoughts?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The only thing I would suggest is checking the exact msrp of the car and the actual price you are paying. You need to negotiate the best selling price and then deduct any lease incentives to get the final cap cost. This lease is for a manual transmission -- auto is about a grand more $28 more per month.
  • ursusursus Member Posts: 128
    "...with $3299 out of pocket..."

Your total out of pocket will be $3,299 + tax + title/registration + dealer fee + $279 first month and most likely + $800 destination + $575 acq. fee (but it may already be included in the $3,299 or the lease cost). You can calculate your "total out of pocket" now.
  • melonball3melonball3 Member Posts: 25
    Anyone have the November 2010 MF and Resid for the VW CC Sport

12K mi/year
    36 months

Will there still be lease cash available? My understanding as well is that there is sign and drive for November.

The numbers I got for October were excellent, but I am not in a position to take acquisition until next week. I was $359/mo INCLUDING (PA 9%) lease tax, 36 months, 12K/mi per year, with $1,100 due at signing TOTAL. Sale price of car: $25,156 less lease cash.

My feeling this was VERY good esp. because lease was advertised for 10K/mi per year and with $3,299 due at signing. I thought the car was going to price closer to $400.

I am not in a position to purchase until after next week, so I am hoping numbers will be comparable for November (fingers crossed).

Anyone???
  • visanicvisanic Member Posts: 45
    Well, the VW Sign and Drive numbers are in today. Here's the deal:

2010 CC Sport 2.0 w/ Automatic Transmission

1. 10,000 miles
    2. 39 Mnths
    3. 0 down
    4. $359/mnth
  • peacefrog2peacefrog2 Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted the following on a CC Luxury w/ technology package

Price - $34,200

Terms.

36 months
    15k miles
    0 down
    $547/month

Seems high to me, i was planning on right around $500.
  • jaguarbankjaguarbank Member Posts: 1
    Picked up my 2010 CC Luxury - Negotiated price was 29,900

It looks like the 2K manufacturer to dealer support from VW is no longer available.
  • peacefrog2peacefrog2 Member Posts: 2
    what options did you get?
  • juliecarterjuliecarter Member Posts: 2
    Alrighty, here is what I'm being told is the best that my nearest VW dealership can provide for 2010 VW CC Sport Automatic with Ipod.

MSRP with destination charges is $29,450

They will capitalize cost the vehicle to me for $27,501.00

Residual value is: $15,608.50 (53%) over 39 months

Program Rate (money factor?) 0.00125

Monthly payment would be $359.00 per month (EXCLUDING TAXES) and is based on approved credit (they haven't run my credit yet)

They said all applicable rebates have been applied in order to get me the sign and drive and low monthly payment.

So....what do you think? It sounds great to me, but I'm not 100% sure...

Julie
    Hello-
    I just got the following deal on a CC Sport (Manual Transmission) this past weekend.

1. Absolutely nothing out of pocket.
    2. $360/mnth
    3. 39 months
    4. 12,000 miles.

Thanks-
    Dan
  • juliecarterjuliecarter Member Posts: 2
    How did you get away with not paying anything out of pocket? It was my understanding that license fees have to be paid up front (in california anyway)
    Is the $360 per month including local tax? With the 8.75% tax rate in Orange County my month payment is going to be $359xmonthly tax= $390.41
    HI Julie-
    I basically went back and forth between 3 dealerships. Keep in mind that I had a bit more leverage because I wanted a stick shift (not as popular).

I'm not sure about the license fees, all I know is that I didn't pay a penny out of pocket...everything was included in the $360.

Thanks-
    Dan
  • ursusursus Member Posts: 128
    Picked up mine on Oct 31. $371/month with $500 out of pocket.
  • kchaconkchacon Member Posts: 1
    I just got back from the VW dealer ship. Lease a CC Sport for $364 a month with $1100. out of pocket at signing. This was their "Sign and Drive" promotion. This included aquisition fee,etc. (except for DMV fees).
    At first they said we had to put down $1700. but then they deducted the VW promise to make the first payment. The salesman also said he would lower the down payment amount further to "eat the last $400. payment we have left on a car we are leasing now)
    Does all of this sound right? I thought we were getting a good deal but after reading that some of you did not have to put anything down now I am unsure...
    When you say you put nothing down...do you really mean NOTHING? Or did you have to pay aquisition fees, etc?
  • arube1arube1 Member Posts: 1
    Reggieelvis1-Did you get the lux ( to post # 152- lux for 339+tax with 1k down) ? would you mind telling me what dealer you got that quote from? thanks.. best deal i heard so far for a lux with no money down was 380. per month ( tax up front) thanks...
  • timmbojtimmboj Member Posts: 123
    Hi Car_Man,

Are Julie's numbers correct (post #161 above) for the current Sign & Drive event (Residual 53%, MF 0.00125).

And if so, does the 2% reduction in residual hold true for 12K miles/year?

I'm also interested in getting the MF and Residuals for the 2010 Passat Wagon, but don't see a specific forum for that. VW's Sign & Drive for it is about $100 more than the CC.

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello melonball3. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00120 and 53%, respectively.

This month Volkswagen is providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the '10 CC through VW Credit and waiving this car's first month's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • hckyplyrhckyplyr Member Posts: 1
    Juliecarter - Did you end up buying a CC in Orange County? If so what price did you get and with what dealer? Im in OC as well. Thanks!
  • cpz1cpz1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I'm new in this forum, but it helped me a lot with my research for leasing 2010CC "Sport" Auto.

I just got it last Friday

1. $310/ month
    2. 39month
    3. 1000 ml/year
    4. $1,4000 dtive off (Tax, DMV, licens)
    Hi timmboj. VW Credit's current Sign & Drive buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC Sport 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 51%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

There is a Passat lease forum, "Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions", but since you already asked here, here's the wagon info that you're interested in.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Passat Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 44%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new CC, cpz1. I personally love it :shades: . Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you haven't already and you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • alphabeta2alphabeta2 Member Posts: 3
    Hey guys,

I was able to close the following lease in the last weekend of November:
    325 + tax and 450 out of pocket (dealer fees, title and registration) for 15K/year 39 month. This is stock 2010 2.0 CC Sport with DSG with no additional options installed. Negotiated the price and VW 1500 lease credit for Sign and Drive promo. Sale price around 25500. The car rocks. A bit bumpy ride but feels sportier than 07 Passat. Car was built in Eden,Germany so I hope it will hold up well over next few years.

Cheers
  • jingormjingorm Member Posts: 12
    Here is my lease deal. Thanks to everyone on the forum for sharing their info. It helped me do my first car lease. I had always purchased before. I would appreciate any feedback to know if the deal is competitive.

2010 CC Sport w/ DSG

MSRP: 29,400
    Negotiated Price: 24,750
    Capitalized Cost: 24,750

Freight: $750
    Acquisition Fee: $575
    Dealer Processing Fee: $385 (I know it is high)
    Tax: 3% on Price+Freight+Dealer Processing Fee = 25885*.03 = 776.55
    Tags/Registration: $89.50

Money Factor: .00125 (=3% APR)
    Lease Term: 39 months
    Mileage: 12k/yr
    Residual Value: 52%

I decided to pay the Freight, Acquisition Fee, Dealer Processing, Tax, and Tags up front for a total of 2575.80 for expense purposes. I do have the option of rolling it back into the lease and making the payments $361.93

The monthly payment with the large down payment is $292.66.

We did the deal at 8:45pm on the phone, I did the finance application and put a deposit, but I have not signed the lease so I can still back out tomorrow.
  • ccguyccguy Member Posts: 5
    I was quoted the following on a CC sport DSG

MSRP: $ 29,948 (ALL fees inclusive plus minor options)
    Price quoted : $ 26,889
    Net Cap Cost: $ 27,464
    Residual: $ 15,872 (53%)

39 months
    ONLY 10k miles/ year
    0 down ( first payment made by VW)
    $351/month + Taxes for 38 months

i am being asked to pay a $ 350 turn-in fee at the end of lease. The dealer tells me that ALL VW leases have this. is this true? can anybody comment on this.

Carman....can you please tell me if the monthly payment is in-line with what others are paying?

need to sign the papers tomorrow.

Thx
    My lease also has a disposition fee of 350 which is waived if you buy another vw or audi.
  • bobamickbobamick Member Posts: 3
    We're close to pulling the trigger on a 2010 CC. I've been given a MF of 0.0020 and residual of only 50% (for a 39 month lease.) Anybody know what the current December terms are.
  • charlottenolecharlottenole Member Posts: 5
    My local VW dealer has offered the follow deal, thoughts?

2010 VW CC Lux tech pack.

MSRP 35720

Sales price $31500

MF- 0.00078

Residual 47% 15,000 miles

39 month lease
    $0 out of pocket and first month paid by VW.

$457 a month

Thanks
  • bobamickbobamick Member Posts: 3
    Charlotte- I come up with $415/month using those factors.

We just signed a deal on a Sport with an automatic transmission:
    MSRP-$28650,
    Cap Cost- $25891,
    39 month,
    1000 miles/month,
    Residual percentage- 53%,
    Money factor- 0.00125
    Monthly payment- $325

Hope this helps.
  • jeff7800jeff7800 Member Posts: 6
    Car Man - I am hoping you can help me make sense of my deal. You are an invaluable source and because of the fact checking I did with you, I opted not to get hosed on a Mazda 6 Grand Touring. Ultimately, I checked out the VW CC and couldn't be happier. I figured that I was scraping bottom when I shopped around a dealer's "no B.S." price and two other dealers told me to take it because they couldn't match it (but also warned there were probably hidden fees). Alas, the "no B.S" price was honored and the dealer did not try to tack on any extra stuff or hidden costs.

Long story short - upon your advice I was determined to put as little to nothing down on a lease - the opposite of my previous practice of putting down $2k and trying to reduce my payments. I leased the CC for nothing down (except for vehicle registration which I do not consider a down payment since it is a cost everyone must pay) at $348 per month for 39 months (with only 38 payments because VW was "paying" the first month). I was astonished when I looked at the paperwork because the capitalized cost of the car was something like $25,500 or so, which to my knowledge is less than the dealer invoice. Considering the dealer doc fee, bank fee and the other ancillary nonsense was also thrown in (as expected), I feel like I got a really good deal for this car. Add in free oil changes and a 20,000 tuneup free, and I am thrilled (provided that the car doesn't have quality issues).

Considering I started out in the market for another Accord, an Altima or a Mazda 6, I like the CC so much better and it has much better features and is great to drive. The $64,000 question is: did I make a good deal? Thanks Car Man!
    Forgot to mention - I got 15k per miles annually (the sign and drive offered 10k).
  • cannonball1cannonball1 Member Posts: 1
    Here is the offer I got in a the Bay Area (CA) VW dealership :

2010 VW Passat CC 2.0T Luxury (Navigation + Automatic transmission)
    39 month lease, $600.00 down
    10,000 miles per year
    $415.00 plus tax per month

Is this as good as it gets?
    Cannonball - I'm in the northern NJ New York City suburbs. I got my deal as part of November's sign and drive, and got the CC Sport version (auto but no nav). The difference on the sticker price is about $4000 or so between the cars we each leased, so may be apples to oranges.

2010 VW CC 2.0 Sport
    39 month lease (38 payments), $0 down
    15,000 miles per year
    $348 plus tax per month

Car Man - did I make a good deal?
    I got the following deal last month in New Jersey.

2010 CC 2.0T Sport (Manual Transmission)
    39 mnth lease
    Not a penny down.
    12,000 mi/year
    $360/mnth includes tax.
  • ajreidajreid Member Posts: 8
    What was your cap cost and MF on your new CC?
    I'm glad that I was able to help you out, jeff7800. I love the CC, I think that you made a very wise choice.

I don't know what your payment is like on your new ride, but you mentioned that you were able to get it for below invoice. Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car through VW Credit, so the fact that you were able to get it for less than invoice makes sense. How much less is the question. $1,000 over or less is a pretty good deal on this car. Anything over that and there was probably enough meat left on the bone to warrant shopping around some more. You can look up your car's exact invoice price over on the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • urbanplanurbanplan Member Posts: 8
    Quoted $346.00 month +tax for 39 months. VW will pick up last three months of existing VW lease. No money down, first payment included.

2010 2.0 Sport Automatic
    12k/yr
    MSRP $29599 Cap cost is $25,326
    Same 52% and .00125 as everyone else
    Residual a tad over $15k

Thoughts? I think im getting a great deal
  • jjg5503jjg5503 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, im new to this site but hopefully someone can help me out. I am new to leasing. I am interested in picking up a new CC before the sign and drive event ends next week. I am just looking for the basic CC with auto trans. Can anyone tell me what price is good for this? I do not want to put anything out of pocket if possible. 15k miles a year. 39 months is what is advertised. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    My advice is to remember that whether you buy or lease, you must still negotiate the price of the car. All the numbers flow from that. My car price was negotiated for 25,500 on a basic sport with DSG (MSRP 29,400). A few other posts list their price around this number. I heard a dealer volume incentive expired last month, so the prices may be closer to 26k this month, but then again, your dealer may have an incentive to close their year strong.

Here is a web site link from the vwvortex forums that explains leasing pretty well:
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=794813

Good luck with your CC purchase. You will definitely enjoy driving the car!

One other thing to note is that you can get a federal sales tax deduction on new car purchases. So keep that in mind if you are on the fence between leasing and buying.
  • frank_1frank_1 Member Posts: 4
    I just picked up my 2010 CC Sport Manual, with rear airbags as the only option.

I paid ZERO out of pocket the day I picked up the car, since VW makes your first payment.

$339/38 months (everything rolled in tax, reg, license, acquisition, dealer doc)
    12k miles year

My last lease I managed to get a Land Rover LR3 for $395 a month, everything rolled in as well. With that perspective, the Land Rover lease was a better deal than the CC.

I actually do not concentrate on the MSRP when I negotiate, since the dealer can find other areas to trim back on costs (like the money factor). I just hop around from dealer to dealer until I whittle it down to the best offer, and then hold steadfast when they throw in added fees at the last minute. When that happens, I pull out the ethical card (and rightfully so) and hold my position.
    More than anything, I TRULY enjoying negotiating with the sales managers! I know its weird, but I feel good when I beat them at their own game!

The car is AWESOME!!!!
    Frank
  • matokmatok Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

Please help. I will be leasing the VW CC 2010 this weekend and would like to know what is the difference between Ltd Avail and the regular CC. The car that I will be getting is the Ltd Avail.

All comments and help are greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!
    If I understand correctly, the limited availability simply refers to cars shipped by 10/09 and thus have a $50 lower delivery charge. Some of the LTD Availability cars also do not have the cc mark on the trunk (similar to the 2009 models). So the base LTD Availability CC Sport with DSG MSRP is 29,400 vs. MSRP of 29,450 for the newer ones. There are no feature/mechanical differences between the cars.

Good luck and enjoy your new car. I have a LTD Availability model and am very happy with it. You will enjoy just looking at your car in your driveway or garage!
  • matokmatok Member Posts: 3
    Hi jingorm,

Thank you very much for the reply!

I will be leasing CC Sport with manual :)

Happy New Year!
  • digitalpdigitalp Member Posts: 3
    Im in the Upstate ny area, leasing a new cc Monday b4 sign and drive is done.
    379.00 a month taxes rolled in.
    39 month lease
    12k miles a year
    t.o.p 1500 plus dmv fees approx 60-120 dollars NY state 8percent tax rate.

Is this a good deal I also was approved at Tier B, so the price is a little higher?
    Appreciate the Help?
  • ferdossiferdossi Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Long Island, NY Have a deal on the table for a 2010 CC Sport with Automatic trans.

12K Per Year 39 Months @ $299 month $3,500 down, includes Tax, Title and DMV

Sticker I believe was $29K and change.

Please let me know if this sounds like a fair price. Its my first time leasing a car in 15 years.

Appreciate any help or info. Have a Great New Year Everyone!
    Hey just a question, is that t.o.p. 3500. so your taxes are around 2Grand?
    hey just curious I'm looking to close on a cc, by MOinday, so Iwanted to know what dealership you got the deal from. So T.O.P was 0 and 339. I take it that was tier A VW credit. I got approved for Tier B, but my payments still should n't be that much more than a 20 dollar difference.. Just curious?
  • ferdossiferdossi Member Posts: 2
    The Tax is around $1,200.
  • vw_ccvw_cc Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman/Kyfdx,

Im planning on buying a CC in the next couple days, I've looked at the CC sport DSG and would like to know what the Jan. MF and Residual is for 12k miles 36/39 month with 0 down. Also, I looked at the invoice prices on edmunds but there are 6 different invoice prices listed for the CC sport without DSG as an option, can you help with that at all ?

Thanks
  • leftyssleftyss Member Posts: 6
    2010 Volkswagon CC Luxury (W / IPOD integration)

$1050.64( Due at signing) (Tax,Tag Title)(put down $500 to hold till end of month)

36 month lease
    15,000 miles per month
    Msrp 33829
    invoice 31900
    minus (hold back $1000)
    minus (1000 lease incentive)
    Final Price 29800

47% residual
    money factor .00017%(assuming tier 1 credit)
    Payment$ 399 +tax (6% florida)= $ 423

throwing in rubber mats and chrome exhaust tips.

Is this a good deal, I can back out , have till last wek of month, Please advise.
  • leftyssleftyss Member Posts: 6
    as a follow up to above post, VW pays 1stpayment, let me know thoughts please.....