Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions

Comments

• jwh_67jwh_67 Member Posts: 1
    I am about 2 weeks into my CC lease. The CC is a beautiful car and feature loaded but I am having a hard time transitioning from my upright SUV to the road hugging CC. I feel as I have gone from one extreme to the other. I know I will grow to the like the vehicle more and more but wanted to explore my options if not too late.

Does anyone know if VW has any kind of satisfaction guarantee?
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Sure just take it back... they will refund all the money you put down on it.
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Hello Car Man:

Could you kindly provide the MF and Residual for a 36/10 and 12 and a 39/10 and 12 lease. Is the $1,500 cash available on a lease? Is the 2% base MSRP holdback correct?

Thanks,

Steve
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    lol not sure they have that. Their not GM...lol. You could always try. But, going from SUV to this would be a change... You would probably be upside down on it.
    Hello Car Man:

I have been an avid forum member for several years and would really appreciate your help with the following request:

Could you kindly provide the MF and Residual for a 36/10 and 12 and a 39/10 and 12 lease. Is the $1,500 cash available on a lease on a CC with automatic transmission? Additionally, is the 2% base MSRP holdback correct?

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings to the appropriately named vw_cc. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC Sport 2.0T with 12,000 miles per year are .00054 and 51%, respectively.

I don't believe that Volkswagen is currently providing support on 39 month leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi jwh_67. I'm sorry to say that once you signed the lease papers and drove off the lot in the CC the car was yours. It will likely be very difficult and/or expensive to get out of your CC and into something different at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Steve. Here's the info that you're interested in. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC Sport 2.0T with 12,000 miles per year are .00054 and 51%, respectively.

The 10,000 mile per year residual value for this car would be 1% higher. I don't believe that Volkswagen is currently providing support on 39 month leases.

The $1,500 cash incentive, as well as the waiver of your first month's payment, are still available on CC leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kerb. Please see my previous posts for the answers to your questions. Good luck in your quest for a new ride and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    I'm seeing a $2,000 Dealer Incentive on Truecar, but not here on Edmunds. Can anyone confirm?
  • timmbojtimmboj Member Posts: 123
    Truecar. I've not heard of that one before. Cool. Thanks.
    Hi needashower. Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 CC through VW Credit. In addition to that, it is waiving the first month's payment on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • leftyssleftyss Member Posts: 6
    Please advise Carman!

2010 Volkswagen CC Luxury

$1050.64( Due at signing) (Tax,Tag Title)(put down $500 to hold till end of month)

36 month lease
    15,000 miles per month
    Msrp 33829
    invoice 31900
    minus (hold back $1000)
    minus (1000 lease incentive)
    Final Price 29800

47% residual
    money factor .00017%(assuming tier 1 credit)
    Payment$ 399 +tax (6% florida)= $ 423

**throwing in rubber mats and chrome exhaust tips.

Is this a good deal, Please advise.
  • widewheelswidewheels Member Posts: 2
    What are the lease factors for 36 months 10,000 miles for the Luxury model? MSRP is $36,229. What should I expect to pay?

Also, has anybody figured out how to get the 18" Thunder Sport wheels instead of the 18" Interlagos when purchasing the Luxury Appearance package (18" Interlagos wheels & Bi-xenon headlights)? It appears that you have to buy the Luxury Appearance package to get the xenons, then have to pay again for the Thunder Sport wheels. Basically you end up paying twice for the 18" wheels just to get a different style.

Thanks.
  • dkaufdkauf Member Posts: 8
    I got the following offer from the local VW dealer. It's our first round of negotiations - where should I start with my counter?

2010 CC Luxury
    Candy White w/Cornsilk beige
    Media Interface
    CC Protection + (Rubber mats, trunk liner, chrome tips)
    18" Thunder Alloy Wheels
    MSRP = $36,518
    "Sale" Price = $34,316
    $1,658 total due at signing (docs, plates, 1st month)
    $491 + tax (8.3%) for 36 months
    12,000 miles/year

Residual = 49%
    MF = .00018

Interestingly, I also asked him to quote a VR6 4Motion and the MF on that is .00001!

What do you think of the deal above?
  • ryangambrillryangambrill Member Posts: 6
    Could you please post the lease numbers for the sport and lux CC's?

12k miles
    24-30-36 month terms
    MF
    Residual

Thanks
    Does anyone know if VW is providing any lease incentives this month (cash)?
  • jackerenjackeren Member Posts: 2
    HI Car Man, im newbiee here.. would appreciated your help. thanks : )

one of dealer in my area *city of industry* give offer
    down payment $1500
    36/month 10k
    $350 include tax

is this a good deal, should i bargain more, any advise?
    Hi leftyss. Volkswagen's cash incentive on leases of the 4-cylinder CC is actually $1,500, not $1,000...but who cares because you are getting this car for $2,000 under invoice. That's an excellent deal. Plus the dealer is using VW Credit's buy rate to calculate your payment. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello widewheels. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Volkswagen CC 2.0T Luxury with 10,000 miles per year are .00018 and 50%, respectively.

As far as what sort of selling price to shoot for goes, if I was in the market for this car, I personally would aim for $500 over dealer invoice minus the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it (essentially $1,000 under).

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, ryangambrill. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 CC 2.0T Luxury with 12,000 miles per year are .00018 and 56%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00018 and 53%. The 36 month numbers are .00018 and 49%.

The numbers for the '10 CC 2.0T Sport are .00027 and 58% for 24 months, .00027 and 55% for 30 months, and .00027 and 51% for 36 months.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, dkauf. Volkswagen is providing cash incentives on leases of the CC in February. Specifically, it has $1,500 on 4-cylinder and $2,000 on V6 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome jackeren. To me, the best way to evaluate a lease is to look at the MSRP and selling price of the vehicle in question. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    I just leased a 2010 CC Sport and wanted to share the details.

36 month lease
    15,000 miles/yr
    CC Sport
    Auto trans, iPod connectivity, CC Protection + package
    Total OOP - $1,400 (tags + doc + 1st mo payment)
    Total monthly payment of $420/mo (incl 8.3% tax)

Thanks for all your help
  • shuale_ejsshuale_ejs Member Posts: 115
    Wow, i was looking to get into a 2011 Sonata Limited w/nav but after reading this thread I'm going to check out the 2010 CC Luxury w/nav. It looks as though it may be a sweeter deal...esp since maintenance fees are also inc. in price. Thanks for info. Will post final decision and price.
  • infinitiluvinfinitiluv Member Posts: 16
    Car_man, I can get into a cc Lux, tech pkg, appearance pkg, chrome tips and $500 credit to remove dual zone for $35,000. I'm also looking at a car that doesn't have the appearance pkg for $34,000. Can you work up what my payment should be based on 20K miles and a 36 mo lease on both? Please let me know money factor, so I can be sure to compare with the dealer. Thanks for your help!
  • jackerenjackeren Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man, thanks for your advise, just want to ensure the money factor and residual for 2010 VW cc sport 12k millage / year is

.00027 and 51%,

Thanks CarMan, is there anything or any tips regarding lease on this car and what should i prepare before dealing with dealer.
    Carman, could you kindly provide the buy rate and residual for a 36 month, 10k mile lease. Additionally, is VW still paying for the 1st months payment?

Thanks.
  • talon4x4talon4x4 Member Posts: 21
    I'm planning on leasing a new VW CC. I'm really new to leasing and I'm hoping for some guidance and this site seems like it will provide just that.

Anyways, my employer offers the following discount at VW. Just wondering if its worth using.

The offer states: Purchase or lease a new eligible VW model at Dealer Invoice less all then-current incentives (APR or Lease specials). The dealer will show you the vehicle invoice indicating the dealer invoice amount to ensure pricing complies with the program stipulation.

With something like this discount does it mean there is no haggling on price?? Dealer invoice is dealer invoice, right??

Thanks for any guidance anyone can provide.
    Car Man, could you please provide the rate factor and residual for a base model with automatic transmission on a 36/10 lease. Additionally, what are the current incentives? Finally, what is the holdback percentage and is it calculated on the base msrp or total msrp?

Thanks.
    Hi infinitiluv. I can provide you with this car's lease program for now, but I can't work up a payment on it for you without both its selling price and MSRP.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2010 CC 2.0 Luxury with 15,000 miles per year are .00018 and 47%, respectively.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that VW Credit publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jackeren. The numbers that you posted are right on the money.

The best tip that I can give you is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you're interested in. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're interested in, kerb. According to the latest information that I've seen, VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC 2.0 Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00027 and 52%, respectively.

Volkswagen is not waiving the first month's payment on leases any longer, but it is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the car that you're interested in. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi talon4x4. It sounds like you are eligible to purchase a Volkswagen through its supplier purchase program. Theoretically, the purchase price for deals through this program should be fixed...however we all know how dealers are. If there's an opportunity to slip additional profit in somewhere they will. That's why it is very important to double check the price that you are being charged to make sure that no unnecessary items like VIN etching, pre-paid maintenance, rental coverage, etc... are being thrown in there to pad the deal.

You also should make sure that the dealer isn't marking up your car's money factor.

You can look up the dealer invoice price of the exact car that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car Man. Upon opportunity, could you kindly post the March rate factor and residual as well as any new incentives.
    Hey kerb. Volkswagen's February lease program is scheduled to run through the end of March. Here's the Feb. numbers. I'll call around to see if VW made any unscheduled changes to its programs. Please feel free to check back with me in a day or two for an update.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC 2.0 Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00027 and 52%, respectively.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car.

As far as dealer holdback goes, the following article contains everything that you need to know about it, Edmunds.com Dealer Holdback Page. Keep in mind that it is very unlikely that any dealer will dip into holdback to make a deal on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kerb. Please see my previous post. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for your prompt response Car Man. I appreciate you searching around as to any changes to VW's programs. While I recognize that the Edmunds holdback page indicates that holdback is calculated at 2% of the base msrp, a few South Florida dealers have advised that holdback is actually 3% of the base msrp - any thoughts?

Again, thanks for your invaluable assistance.
  • alacrity2alacrity2 Member Posts: 1
    I am shopping for a lease on a 2010 CC Sport with automatic (no other options, MSRP $29,600). 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year.

The best quote I have gotten is $550 down, $359/mo. There is no sales tax in my state. I have not been negotiating based on cap cost, residuals, money factor, etc.

Can anyone give me a sense if this is a good deal?
  • gwimm99gwimm99 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for deals on a 2010 VW Passat Wagon lease. Currently 25 months in on a 36 month closed end lease on a Toyota Camry. I'd like to put as little down as possible and still have payments in the $300-$400/month range. Possible?
  • alismomalismom Member Posts: 1
    VW CC Sport, Autmatic
    36 months
    15000 miles
    $1000 out the door with VW paying my last volvo payment of $360
    All scheduled maintenance included
    $359 per month plus tax
    He said that we are getting less holdback of $865 less $1000
    He also said money factor is .00027
  • johnjames03johnjames03 Member Posts: 2
    VW CC Sport Automatic

36 Months
    15k/year
    $0 Down
    MSRP $29,749 + ttl (I live in Dallas, Tx 6.25% Sales Tax)
    Sale Price $27,249
    $439/month
  • niptuckniptuck Member Posts: 1
    CC LUX + dynaudio
    36 month, 12k miles/yr

49% residual on an MSRP of $35,304
    $32,661 + doc fee - $1500 cash rebate
    quoted money factor was 0.00078
    which is coming in at $456/mo
  • ag1979ag1979 Member Posts: 5
    Hi CarMan,

Looking for the new VW April 2010 Lease programs on the 2010 VW CC Sport, 6 Speed Manual.

Can you let me know what the residual and MF is on a 2010 VW CC Sport with 6 speed manual transmission (no additional options) on a 36 month lease, 12K mile a year lease.

Thanks
  • dru37dru37 Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2010
    Would be most grateful for info on the April lease money factor and residual values for the 2010 VW CC VR6 4Motion, 15,000 miles / year, 36 months.
    Here's the info that you're looking for, ag1979. VW Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 50%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dru37. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC VR6 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00005 and 41%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,250 cash incentive that is available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • chrishhchrishh Member Posts: 17
    Is there a preferred dealer to lease a CC sport from? In particular I would like 36 months + 15k a year. The problem I have is two years ago I really had a bad time with a certain dealer in Marietta who kept coming back with monthly values that came nowhere close to the known residual and money factors VW used, they were over $100 above a much further away dealer.

So, can someone recommend a good VW dealer in Atlanta? I still might get service at the closest to me (that aforementioned Marietta dealer - maybe their service don't suck) but deal wise I just want it to be fair

I am subject to 7% tax rate and would prefer to wait till end of May but may buy earlier if rates look to be worse then
  • ag1979ag1979 Member Posts: 5
    Just signed on a new 2010 CC Sport (Manual Trans) this past weds. Here are the details..

2010 CC Sport (Manual Trans)
    36 month / 12k Miles a year

$1,490 down (NY Taxes, first month and DMV)

$310.00 a month for remaining 35 months

I am in the NYC area and this was by far the lowest price that I got. After talking to several dozen dealers (I literally called most of the tri-state dealers) this dealership by far was able to negotiate.

You probably don't know this, but there is a special offer VW is giving this month. VW is giving a $500 voucher/coupon on any new lease or purchase and is valid until April 30th. To get this voucher, you need to go to the NY Auto Show at the Javitz Center in NYC.

The dealer applied the $1000.00 dealer cash plus the addition $500 coupon. Total $1,500 applied to the cap cost reduction

I believe the selling price on the lease is $25,430. MF is 0.00007 (basically zero) and the residual is 50%. Salesman said he basically was going into the holdback on this car

I left a $500 deposit as my car (White Gold / Cornsilk Beige) has to be ordered and delivered from another dealer and the salesman told me the car should come in within 7-10 days. Apparently, there aren't that many cars in the Northeast in the color combo I want. Plus the salesman was nice enough to let me know that if he locate one with the Protection Plus Kit (chrome tips, rubber mats, etc) he wouldnt charge me extra. Usually the Sport's come with these kind of kits

Very excited about the car and I believe I did the best that I could on this lease.
    My 2008 Passat Turbo lease was a steal back when I leased it in 6/08. I got that 24 month lease for $254 for $1,600 down. If you do research, VW was giving crazy factory incentives back then.

Let me know what you guys think?

Thanks
  • krygierkrygier Member Posts: 1
    The best quote I've been given so far is $1,500 down (out the door) and $345 a month (including tax). This is for a CC Sport with automatic transmission. Included options are rubber mats, trunk liner and chrome exhaust tips. It would be a 36 month lease with an allowance of $10K miles per year. What do you think? Can I do better than this? Thanks!