Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions

Comments

• clt_shopperclt_shopper Member Posts: 2
    Hi All - Thought I'd post my rates since reading the postings here helped me so much. I finally signed a lease on a 2010 CC Sport, automatic, black w/ two-tone interior, ipod connector, floor mats. Signed with Keffer VW of Huntersville, NC. 3 years/10k miles per year. $1500 down (including doc fees, etc.), $354/month (including tax of 5.75%).

I highly recommend this site to start shopping: http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html. Cuts so much of the upfront negotiation out.

Here are the other rates I got for the same car, same time period/miles:

VW South in Charlotte: $2750 down (plus about $1500 in doc/acq fees), $325mo. 

Heritage VW Lithia Springs, GA: Price is 28,330 to lease the vehicle for 3years, 10K miles per year, payment would be approx 378/mo before taxes, tags and fees.

Jim Ellis of Atlanta: $1500 down (no add'l fees/drive-off), $345/month (incl. tax) **this was a great deal, but I didn't want to travel so far to pick up the car. Excellent sales staff: very professional

Gunther VW Coconut Creek, FL: $1,840 down (no add'l fees/drive-off), $299/month

Good luck to everyone else, and thanks for all the help along the way!
  • lionmilklionmilk Member Posts: 14
    Hey guys!

Could you please include all the details on your posts (MSRP, negotiated price, residual, MF, dealer fees, money down, due at signing, monthly payment with/without tax, tax percentage...)

It is really beneficial for us to access all the info.

Car_man: Would you please share us the details (residual, MF, incentives...) for July 2010 for a 2010 CC Sport/DSG for both 10K and 12K please?
  • tagger1tagger1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Westcoast78,

Would you mind telling me where you are in CA? I'm in the bay area and looking to get the same car.

Thanks
  • westcoast78westcoast78 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    Got my car from Santa Monica VW, but original offer was from Pacific VW.

My credit is mid 800s. I was pretty happy with the deal.

MSRP originally was 30,199, on my lease it's just under 26,000 with the residual a shade over 15,000 in 3 years.
  • bidarianbidarian Member Posts: 4
    I pulled a trigger on a VW 2.0T CC R-line (Candy white with black interior, stick, with MDI and exhaust tips as options, MSRP $29,908) 3 days ago at VW Santa Monica. I was hoping for a silver on black, but a search of inventory in the system showed no stick car in that color in the whole western U.S.

Here are the details of my lease deal, in case anyone is interested:

I leased it for 3 years at 12K miles per year for $286/mo plus tax ($314/mo including 9.75% LA county tax) with $845.50 drive-off. The drive-off consisted of 1st payment, DMV, doc and CA tire fees of about $435 and $97.50 tax on the $1000 Friends and Family rebate. The $625 acquisition fee is rolled into the monthly payments. No security deposit was required and I did not have a trade.

The selling price of the car came out to $25,028 before the $1000 F&F rebate was applied. So the net selling price was $24,028 and the net capitalized cost with the $625 acquisition fee added came out to $24,653. Residual is 49% ($14,655) and the MF is 0.00021.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,145
    Wow.... that is a lot of car for $314/mo..

Nice job! :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tampabobbytampabobby Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2010
    I am trying to lease a 2010 VW CC Sport (Automatic). I got the dealer to add $1000 onto my trade in and now he wants to give me 15k miles per year on a 36 month lease for $350 a month with 2600 down (my trade in). I am pretty sure the $350 per month is including all taxes.

Is this a good deal? I pushed them as far as I could but they would not write anything down and acted like I wasn't making any sense when I asked for specifics about the $350 monthly fee they were quoting me so I could research it.

Thanks,
    Bobby
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited July 2010
    Bobby,

You haven't provided enough information for anyone to accurately assess your deal. So, here's what I suggest...

Ask the dealer for their LEASE WORKSHEET. This is a computer generated document that will tell you everything you need to know and then some. The beauty of this document is that it always tells the truth. Everything is disclosed in black and white eliminating any possibility of confusion and misunderstanding.

There is absolutely no reason for the dealer not to give you this document. If they refuse, simply tell them that you can't do business with them. However, if they do provide it and you need help in confirming/interpreting all the data (calculations, etc), you may email it to me at

diffeq@zoominternet.net

and I'll be happy to provide you with a comprehensive analysis at no charge.

John
    Hey John thanks for the help. I didn't get a printout but he did give me this:

car price 30k
    15000 miles per year
    residual 14100
    rate .00041
    monthly payment after taxes 345

Would this be able to tell you anything?
    edited July 2010
    Bobby,

No, it doesn't help for a couple of reasons...

(1) The numbers look like estimates (ball park). For instance, a car price of $30k can mean $30,437.12 or $30,027.83. Is that the MSRP? If so, there's a real problem. I noticed that the residual is 14,100. Well, 14,100 / 30,000 = 47%... hmmm ... looks like the residual factor could be 47% suggesting that the $30K could, indeed, be the MSRP.

Normally, one doesn't pay MSRP for a car. The selling price is negotiable. Also, the dealer didn't provide you with the adjusted cap cost which is required in order to determine the lease payment...

P = 0.00041 x (30,000 - 2,600 + 14,100) + (30,000 - 2,600 - 14,100) / 36
    = 386.46 (base payment excluding tax)

This tells me that the adjusted cap is much lower than $27,400 ($30,000 - $2,600). Did you put money down (cap reduction) other than the $2600 trade? What are you required to pay upfront? These should be itemized. Are you paying the $625 acquisition fee upfront? Upfront dealer doc fee? Can you see that I don't have enough information? And so, there are lots of questions that remain unanswered.The only relliable document is the dealer's lease worksheet. Anything less than this computer generated document will not work.

(2) The sales person could be misinformed (this is very common) and, so, the numbers provided may be inaccurate.

(3) $345 after taxes leaves huge questions such as sales tax rate and the state in which you reside. States compute sales tax differently. Some require taxes to be paid upfront (OH, IL, TX, NY, NJ, VA, etc); others tax the payment streams as they are received (PA, CA). If you live in a state where the taxes are due upfront, then the salesman rolled the taxes into the lease ($345 including taxes). I have no idea what your base payment (excluding taxes) is. Quoted payments that include sales tax mean nothing unless the sales tax rate and state are known.

Rather than going back and forth, the best thing to do is to get the dealer's lease worksheet; otherwise, we're just guessing and spinning our wheels.

John
    I am not putting any other money down besides the 2600 trade. If the adjusted cap is lower than 27,400 then does that mean they are lowering the cost to get me to do the deal? I am going in now so will try to get the worksheet and find the actual cost of the car.
    edited July 2010
    If I assume you live in Tampa, FL and that you sales tax rate is 7.00%. If so, your base payment is about $345/1.07 = 322.43.

This implies that the adjusted cap cost is about $25,128.47. The most imporant number is the sell price. IF you're paying all fees upfront (including the $625 acquisition fee, dealer doc fee, DMV/gov fees, etc), then it's reasonable to conclude that the sell price is $27,728.47 ($25,128,27 + $2,600.00). Is this a reasonable price? Is this the lowest price you can get? I don't know. And so, you should check Edmunds invoice pricing as well as all available cash incentives (rebates, etc) and deduct those from the invoice price. Then, check overstock at zag.comj for the lowest selling prices in your area. Using good judgment, you can arrive at a good starting price to negotiate.

The key to leasing is to do all your homework in advance of visiting the dealer. This includes emailing the dealer a one-page lease proposal that includes all pertinent information. It must be professional looking and all numbers must be spot on. Otherwise, you'll lose credibilityand the dealer will have you for breakfast. There are only two reasons to go to a car dealership when purchasing or leasing...

(1) Test drive

(2) Sign papers and pick up your car

All negotiating should be done via phone/email with your lease calculator program (e.g., EXCEL spreadsheet) fired up and ready to rumble! The only thing that you'll likely change is the sell price which requires a few key strokes. And, bing-bang-boom you're done!

Good luck with your dealer!

John
    edited July 2010
    Hi John - thanks for all your help so far. With the info you posted I was able to get the Lease Worksheet. He did not want to give it to me but when I said I needed an itemized list of the acquisition and doc fees along with the price of the car he finally coughed it up.

I don't have a scanner so I am going to type it up here. I will research the price and see if that seems fair but if this tells you anything else can you please let me know? Thanks again for your help.

1. LEASE #
    2. LEASE DATE: 7/17/2010
    3. STOCK #: V00731 15
    4. PRICE: 25736.50
    5. LOJACK: 0.00
    6. TERM: 36
    7. # ADVANCE PYMT: 1
    8. RATE: .00041
    9. DAYS: 30
    10. M.S.R.P.: 30000.00
    11. RESIDUAL: .47
    12. ALLOW MI/YR: 15000
    13. EST MI/YR: 15000
    14. CENTS/MILE BEGIN: .15
    15. CENTS/MILE END: .25
    16. RES ADDS:
    17. ACQ FEE: 625.00
    18. ACQ UPFRONT Y/N: Y
    19. TRADE #1: 2600.00
    20. PAYOFF #1:
    21. CASH: 0.00
    22. REBATE: 0.00
    23. REGISTERED STATE: FL
    24. COUNTY CODE: HI
    25. COUNTY RATE: 1
    26. DOC FEE: 699.99
    27. DOC UPFRONT Y/N: N
    28. WARR PREM
    29. MAINT PREM
    30. WARR UPFRONT Y/N: N
    31. GAP PREM
    32. GAP UPFRONT Y/N: N
    33. SEC DEPOSIT: 0.00

TOT INIT PMT: 2600
    ADJ RESIDUAL: 14100.00

GOVT FEES: 279.50
    TAXES: 865.78 STATUS: S

NO CR

MO. PMT: 345.31
    edited July 2010
    Bobby,

Okay, so the MSRP is, indeed 30,000. Here's the guts of your deal...

And, here's the problem... it doesn't disclose the adjusted cap cost, the base payment, and your sales tax rate like a lease worksheet should. It also doesn't explicitly state what you're paying upfront (MUST BE ITEMIZED). If the 345.31 includes taxes, then I could compute the base payment IF I knew the sales tax rate. And, if I know the base payment, I can determine the adjusted cap cost. So, what is the sales tax rate? 7%? A doc fee of 699.99? Good grief, that seems extremely high. Frankly, the dealer gave you a piece of slop.

If you can provide the sales tax rate, I should be able to unravel all this garbage.

John
    Hi John - Florida state sales tax is 6% but Hillsborough County has a discretionary sales surtax rate of 1% so I believe you are correct about the 7%.

Thanks,
    Bobby
    edited July 2010
    Bobby,

After making several calculations, none of this makes much sense. I need to know exactly what's being capitalized (financed) in this lease as well as an accurate itemization of all charges paid upfront. Otherwise, there's not much I can do. This is why I never rely on a dealer to "run the numbers" preferring, instead, to create my own lease proposal with all pertinent information. This means I control the deal eliminating dealer BS and their sloppy half-assed data disclosures .There's just too much missing information. It's like solving one equation with 3 unknowns... not gonna happen unless I can get something definitive.

John
    Ok thanks John - so I need to ask the dealer for the adjusted cap cost, the base payment, sales tax rate, and find out what part of that I am paying up front?

Thanks,
    Bobby
    Bobby,

Yes. But, be sure to get a complete itemization of those items that are financed in the lease as well as those items paid upfront.

John
    Hi John - I was able to get the additional info:

The base payment is 326
    The adjusted cap is 25540
    The sales tax rate is 7%

The dealer wasn't sure what I meant by upfront aside from the aquisition fee. I think it is just the aquisition fee according to the Lease Worksheet. Please let me know if this makes sense to you. Thanks again for your help.

- Bobby
    edited July 2010
    Hi Bobby,

Sounds like he's playing dumb when he said that he didn't know what you meant by upfront cost. They're simply monies due at lease signing. He also didn't tell you how he arrived at the adjusted cap.

G = S + A
    C = G - D

G = Gross cap
    S = Selling price
    A = Amounts Financed (What is being financed, if anything? The 625 acq fee?)
    C = Adjusted Cap
    D = Cap cost reduction (i.e., downpayment- I'm assuming 2,600)

S = 25,736.50
    A = 699.99 (doc fee- I presume that this is being financed from your data sheet)
    G = 26,436.49
    D = 2,600.00 (I assume this is the NET trade value)
    C = 23,836.49

According to your data sheet, the 2,600 is listed as the "total initial payment". What on earth does that mean? Is it being used as a down payment or; is it used to help pay the costs due at lease signing? The data sheet doesn't provide even a remote clue. Also, according to the data sheet, there are only two possibilities for the adjusted cap and they are bolded above and neither of them match 25,540. The 26,436.49 would equate to the adjusted cap IF the 2,600 wasn't used as a cap reduction. Otherwise, the adjusted cap is 23,836.49. Can you see that this is pure garbage? Could it be that only a portion of the 2,600 is used as a cap reduction? If so, then the balance would be applied to the upfront charges. But, again, I'm guessing! A good data sheet leaves absolutely no questions unanswered. It's thorough and provides an accurate accounting of all dollars. This data sheet is useless and can be used for toilet paper. But, it's not your fault.

Okay, so if we add your new information to our list...

The base payment is 326
    The adjusted cap is 25540
    The sales tax rate is 7%

Let's see, we get...

P = 0.00041 x (25,540 + 14,100) + (25,540 - 14,100)/36
    = 334.03 NOT 326 or 345.31

So, now the payment is way off. It appears that the dealer is giving you inconsistent data as there is no way on God's green earth that the payment is 326 or 345.31 given the above data. By the way, I'm betting that the base payment is $326.20 not $326.00. Always insist on exact data; not estimates or ball park!

The taxes appear to be calculated as follows...

0.07 x 36 x 326.20 + 0.07 x 625 = 865.78

If so, it appears that FL taxes the total of the taxable payments (like OH, NJ, NY) and not the payment streams as received. This needs to be confirmed with the Florida Dept. of Revenue...

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/

Frankly, I wouldn't deal with these people as they seem to be grossly incompetent or dishonest. Rather than argue with them, I suggest you create a one-page lease proposal with all pertinent information and FAX/email it to another dealer.

If you like, I can send you samples if you email me at

diffeq@zoominternet.net

John
    edited July 2010
    So,

The dealer tells me that one car with different color which they have it in stock is $350 per month for me, but the color I want, which they do not have in stock is $365. Other than stock status and color, MSRP's are the same.

The dealer says: "There is no difference besides color. The issue is the white gold is here and the other one we have to pay delivery costs on, hence the price difference. "

Aren't they still paying the delivery costs on the in-stock car somewhere down the road?
    lionmilk,

I see that you're in cleveland. I'm in Medina. If you are still trying to construct a lease deal and have questions regarding calculations, taxes, etc., I'll be glad to assist. Ohio dealers incorrectly compute the lease payment in those instances where the first payment and taxes are capitalized in the lease. A few years ago, I spoke with a software provider and, after considerable discussion, they finally concurred. The F&I guy at Rick Rousch in Medina seemed to concur as well but only after considerable explanation. They credited my nephew with the overcharge.

John

PS: Sales tax, as you may know, is calculated on the sum of the taxable payments. Also, acq fees and dealer doc fees are also taxable even if paid at lease signing.
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Dave,

So in order to help (please) you may need some hard facts.

MSRP: $30084
    Selling: $25500
    Acq Fee: $625
    MF: 0.00021
    Resid: %49 (for 3 years 12K/y)
    Title: ~$99
    Dealer Fee: $250 + tax

* Due at Signing: $735, includes dealer/title/license fees and first payment (and some $20)
    * Monthly: $350 including 7.75% tax

*****Please note that the selling price is my calculation, as I was only talking per month basis with the dealers. (since I did not know whether their or mine calculations were wrong!!! )******

My lease calculator is what I found in Edmunds.com (link: http://www.edmunds.com/advice/leasing/articles/48365/article.html )

So what would be the difference for OH from that calculation?
    edited July 2010
    Hi lionmilk,

I'm John, not Dave. Actually, there is no difference in Ohio because you're paying the first payment upfront as opposed to capitalizing it and so, there is no discrepancy.Your numbers appear to be rounded or ball parked. Being a math guy, I like exact figures. However, my calculations do confirm yours. Given the information you provided, here is a summary presentation...

MSRP..................................................... 30,084.00
    Selling Price............................................ 25,500.00

Amounts Capitalized
    Acq Fee................................................... 625.00
    Ohio Sales Tax @7.75% x 36 x 324.80...... 906.19

Gross Cap............................................... 27,031.19
    Cap Reduction......................................... 0.00
    Adjusted Cap........................................... 27,031.19

Money Factor.......................................... 0.00021
    Residual Factor....................................... 49%
    Residual Value....................................... 14,741.16

Monthly Lease Payment......................... 350.16
    Taxable Monthly Lease Payment............ 324.80

Amounts Due at Lease Signing
    1st Payment........................................ 350.16
    Dealer Doc Fee................................... 250.00
    Tax on Dealer Doc Fee @7.75%........... 19.38
    Est. DMV Fees................................... 115.46

TOTAL DUE...................................... 735.00

Does your lease provide GAP coverage? Is there a disposition fee at lease end? The most important items in any lease transaction are the selling price and money factor. The latter looks great but I'm not sure about the selling price. Did you check Edmunds invoice pricing and all cash incentives available, if any? Also, check overstock at zag.com for the lowest selling prices in the Cleveland area. Other than that, everything looks great!

John
    John,

I am sorry for the name confusion, I was dealing with a Dave over the phone haha!

Everything you have done was exactly my calculations...

So my question again is:

The dealer says: "There is no difference besides color. The issue is the white gold is here and the other one we have to pay delivery costs on, hence the price difference. "

Aren't they still paying the delivery costs on the in-stock car somewhere down the road?
    lionmilk,

I really don't know the answer to your question. Are they getting the car from another dealer or; is this a "special order"? Who and where are they getting the car from? Dealers swap cars all the time and so that shouldn't be a problem in terms of cost. If it's a special delivery, where it's being shipped as a stand alone unit, then I can understand the reason for a delivery charge. However, if it's part of a "lot" shipment, then I see no reason for the charge. I guess you need to probe a little more if you haven't already done so.

John
  • jamrojamro Member Posts: 4
    Hello all. I am new to this forum. I have been reading and would like to know how to approach the dealer regarding a volkswagen cc. I test drove the sport model, manual transmission. Nice car. I am interested in leasing this car for 3 yrs.
    Dealer #1 says: $179/month, $2,999 down + charges.
    Dealer #2 ads states: $278/month + tax, $0 down. no additional fees.
    Dealer #3 ads states: $289/month + tax, $0 down. no additional fees.

Do I try to negotiate, meaning cap cost, mileage, etc. or just take deal and run with it?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
    You should run!
  • jamrojamro Member Posts: 4
    So I shouldn't even bother asking about cap cost etc. and trying to negotiate mileage. I live in Florida & 10k miles is not enough.
  • dnfdnf Member Posts: 1
    Thanks man,
    basically used your quote to negotiate deal on my car lease:
    12K year, 0 down, 36 month
    came up to:
    MSRP 29300
    24000 purchase price, before 500 rebate
    625 acquisition fee rolled into monthly payments
    49% residual value
    0.00021 money factor
    come 305 monthly including 9% tax
    and 600 out of pocket upfront costs, which include first payment.
    I think it is slightly worse than yours, but still looked like a very good deal for me.
  • ix007ix007 Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2010
    Here is the deal I have been offered. The numbers appear to pencil out correctly, however based on the boards here, people seem to be getting better deals on their actual sale prices or maybe it is the residual that is skewed based on the additional miles per year that I need (15K). However, based on edmunds TMV, I am getting a better sale price than most? Feel free to weigh in because it feels like I am missing something.

CC Sport 2.0 MSRP Invoice
    Base Price $28,860 $26,963
    DSG Automatic $2,672 $2,260
    Thunder Wheels $2,099 $1,799
    Mat Kit $225 $175
    Media Interface $199 $176
    Chrome Tips $149 $110
    Destination $800 $800
    Total w/Options $32,332 $30,023

3 Year/15K miles per Year

Purchase Price $28,980
    Aftermarkets $249 (Tint&Nitrogen Filled Tires)
    Customer Cash $1,457.18 (Includes 1st month of $455.22 and $997.06 Upfront Fees)
    Cap Reduction $4.90

Money Factor .00021
    Residual Amount $15,196.04 (47% of the MSRP of $32,332)

Base Monthly Payment of $416.49
    Tax 9.3% $38.73
    Total Monthly Payment of $455.22
  • ix007ix007 Member Posts: 23
    Sorry...the DSG Automatic line should be eliminated. That line is the total cost of options.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey lionmilk. Here you go.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00004 and 49%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

In most of the country, Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of 4-cylinder CC models. This allowance is higher than this in certain states on the East Coast.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Greetings jamro. It sounds as though you may be relatively new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • fladamfladam Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    Do you know the current incentives for leasing a 4 cyl CC in Florida?

Also, are there any additional incentives available for current VW owners?

The best deal advertised in the paper here is $299 "sign and drive" (no money down, no deposit, no dealer fees) for a manual CC with 10k per year. 12k miles per year is $15 more. R-Line is $40 more.

I contacted one dealer in south Florida who offered $279 "sign and drive" as the base.
  • goirish2goirish2 Member Posts: 18
    I just leased a CC sport 2.0 with the manual transmission. I don't have all of my paperwork in front of me, but the basics are this:

1. $950 due at signing which includes 1st payment, tag, dealer fee etc.
    2. 15K Miles per year
    3. .00021 MF
    4. Residual 47%
    5. Sticker $28,560
    6. Pmt $322 +tax.

Don't remember the actual sales price, but it was around $24K. This was in the Tampa area.
    Oh let me give my lease price too. (goirish2, I am using your template!)

I just leased a CC sport 2.0 with the automatic transmission with MDI and Mat Kit.

1. $735 due at signing which includes 1st payment, tag, dealer fee etc.
    2. 12K Miles per year
    3. .00021 MF
    4. Residual 49% ($14,741.16)
    5. Sticker $30,084
    6. Pmt $360.11 (including 7.75% tax)
    7. CAP Cost/Sale Price: $25,856.08

I got the car on 7/23 from Akron,OH.

I could get the same car with Candy White and 2 tone interior (which dealer had in stock) but I really wanted to get a Light Brown one with Black interior. So I did not want to push too far since they were getting that car from out-of-state.
  • phantom2010phantom2010 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the lease rate is for August? Looks to me like programs didn't change? Looks like a lot of people got .00210, but then I saw some at .00007, so quite a difference, I assume either the program changed or there is dealer reserve on the rate?

I'm looking at the R Line if I can find one, is it true that the residual is different for those?
  • phantom2010phantom2010 Member Posts: 2
    Trying to go through the numbers here......so on the VW website it shows a sample with an MSRP of $29,660 and a residual of $15,180......which comes out to a little over 51%.....either this is an error (my research shows 10k residual for 36 months at 50%..........what gives?

What's the current lease rate? .000210 or .00004?

I assume residuals are unchanged at
    47%, 49% and 50% for 15, 12, and 10k?

What's up with this?
  • mleomleo Member Posts: 10
    The current lease deal for a Sport w/ auto in our area is $339 per month w/ zero down and zero at signing for 36 mo. and 10-12k mi. per year.

First question....is this a good deal?

I want to lease the same car except w/ manual trans. The auto is a $1,200 option I believe.

How much should I be paying?

Thanks!
  • marzsh1marzsh1 Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2010
    Hey Car_man , Do you know what is the current residual,MF for 2010 cc lux and vr6 sport?12K/year, 24 and 36 months. Thanks.
  • sloboxslobox Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2010
    NC VW dealer quoting a money factor of .00036. Why does that sound really low to me? I understand the formula, but want to make sure I understand it good enough before I sign on the bottom line. When I work the basic lease numbers provided in the calculations on the edmunds website, I can't get it to come out to what they are quoting me, no matter what. No double talk at the table. Also, I have read where some people throw in the acquisition fees etc. My dealer says it's not taxed in the total monthly payment, so why not include it?
  • sloboxslobox Member Posts: 4
    Hi there - anyone know what a 2010 passat wagon with a 36 month lease and 15K miles should have as a residual> One dealer quoted me 44% the other says it's 42% for a 15K mile lease. Thanks,
  • wbradneywbradney Member Posts: 2
    NJ dealership (they _really_ seemed to want to get rid of this car before the 2011s came in)

10K miles/year, 24 months
    MSRP $28984
    Downpayment $2999
    Final Cap Cost $20411
    Residual $16520 (57%)
    Money Factor 0.00021
    Monthly $169
    Hi fladam. Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 CC nationally. In addition to that, it has another $1,000 on this car in its Eastern region, which I believe Florida resides in. If that is indeed the case, then you're looking at a total of $2,500 cash on leases of the '10 CC in your area, but I am not aware of any owner loyalty incentives on this model at this time

Car_man
    Host
    Hi phantom2010. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC 4-cylinder Sport R Line with 15,000 miles per year are .00021 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the cash incentives that I mentioned in my previous post into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mleo. Most automakers' official advertised lease payments leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. It makes sense of one thinks about it. Dealers would be pretty irritated with their manufacturers advertised the skinniest possible deal on a vehicle.

If I was in the market for a 2010 CC right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice minus the cash incentives that I mentioned a couple of posts ago. You can look up the invoice price of the exact car that you want, as you want it equipped over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello marzsh1. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 CC 4-cylinder Lux with 12,000 miles per year are .00030 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00030 and 46%.

The 24 and 36 month numbers for a 2010 CC VR6 Sport 2WD are .00007 / 47% and .00007 / 40%.

When negotiating your lease on these cars, make sure to take the cash incentives that I mentioned a couple of posts ago into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi slobox. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Passat Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00036 and 42%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • recentgrad08recentgrad08 Member Posts: 2
    what kind of deal can i get if I have tier 2 credit? (700). will i have any negotiating power at all?