Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions

Comments

• gurds7gurds7 Member Posts: 28
    I am also curious about the VR6 Executive 2011 rates
  • ryeguy8585ryeguy8585 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    I was at the Dealer yesterday discussing a CC sport and turing in my 08 Jetta a few weeks early, and he told me that there is mfg cash on the table for the CC right now that prb wont be there in March.. and that historically Feb's deals were better than March's.

The offer was 2400$ out of pocket incl tax and all fee's (approx) and 365$ a month x 36, 12k mi/yr on a CC Sport.

Im thinking I should be able to get him to 2000$ Out of pocket and 350 a month on a 12k mile lease.
    Does that sound reasonable?

I really like the CC, but I wish the Sunroof was Avail on the sport.

Also whats the deal with the 2012, when is that avail?
  • mamaneedsleepymamaneedsleepy Member Posts: 1
    I just got a white 2012 CC on January 26th, so they are starting to roll out. I LOVE my new car.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome la_shooz. What the dealer told you is incorrect. Volkswagen Credit is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 CC 2.0T Sport, $2,500 on the 2011 CC 2.0T Lux, & $2,500 on the CC VR6 4-Motion. I personally would rather not deal with a salesperson who chose to mislead me about this cash.

I personally would negotiate a selling price for the vehicle that I want, stipulating that any available cash incentives be deducted from that. For example, "I'll give you $500 over invoice minus any available incentives for this car".

One would think that the fact that the 2012 models have begun to arrive would make dealers more anxious to discount 2011 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    No problem cnote2. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 CC R-Line with 12,000 miles per year are .00043 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00194 and 52%.

Volkswagen isn't providing any cash incentives on 2012 models yet.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome Matt. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00049 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi erik1031. I need either the MSRP or dealer invoice price to compare the selling price that you were quoted to. Without those numbers, it's more difficult to tell if there's any room left to negotiate.

Also, when negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go marzsh1. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CC VR6 4Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00156 and 49%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Bill. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CC Lux Limited with 12,000 miles pr year are .00082 and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    I sure can, shelly331. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CC Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00049 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00043 and 53%.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 CC Sport, but no cash on the 2012 model.

I believe that this cash is a national incentive, so it should be available in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • simbany1simbany1 Member Posts: 11
    Thank you Car Man. I was quoted $410 a month for a Lux Limited and approximately $1,800 due at signing. Includes taxes, registration transfer, doc and bank fees, etc. They are also taking my last 2 payments on my passat lease of $390 each as well. This was the best deal I could find out of 3 dealers I talked to and I'm pretty sure it's a decent deal after crunching the numbers. Based on the negotiated sale price of $31,286 (Invoice - $2,500) with the MF of .00082 and a residual of 52% (it's a 36 month, 10k lease rather than 12k), my calculations come up pretty close.

Can you check out the numbers when you have a chance? I'd appreciate it. Looking to sign the contract within the next few days. Thanks so much!
    I walked out of the dealer today $2275 Total out of pocket, $349.75 x 36 Months NYS tax and fees included On a 12,000 mile/yr lease. 2011 Silver CC Sport with gorilla mats.
    Well, I was able to finally finalize the deal today. 2011 Lux Limited White on Black. 36 months/10k miles year. $1,890 due at signing and $399/month. NYS tax, doc fees, etc included. Definitely got a great deal and was absolutely pleased with the service that I got from my dealer. What an amazing car!!
    What dealer did you use, Im on long island an used Donaldsons in Sayville.
    They didn't really try and rape me, unlike Legend in Amityville, whoese inital offer was 400$ a month more upfront, and 20$ a month more in payments... I won't be dealing with them again.
    I got the CC at Lash VW in White Plains. Was well worth driving 25 minutes minutes from Queens. A whole different dealership experience than I'm used to. Ask for John O'Keefe and tell him Bill referred you. Not sure how the deals are going to be in March, since there was a $2,500 incentive on the Lux models and above in Feb. But he'll still work with you I'm sure. Email me at simbany1@yahoo.com for any questions.
    You're welcome simbany1. A capitalized cost of $2,500 under invoice and the use of the buy rate lease money factor is an excellent deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • jaykla13jaykla13 Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I'm interested in finding out the Money Factor and Residual % for the month of March for the 2011 CC R-line with 12K miles/yr and 15K miles/yr, with both at 36 months. Are there any available cash incentives as well in Northeast Ohio? Thanks in advance.
  • andycaliandycali Member Posts: 1
    Hi - Can someone please post what the money factor and residual value is for a 2011 CC sport with Auti DSG transmission on a 3 yr 36K lease. Thanks.
  • carnut135icarnut135i Member Posts: 1
    APRIL 2011 RATES for VW CREDIT:

2012 VOLKSWAGEN CC SPORT AT
    36month | 15k miles | residual 53% | .00047 base money factor

2011 VOLKSWAGEN CC SPORT AT
    36month | 15k miles | residual 50% | .00040 base money factor

There is $1,750 dealer cash for both 2011 and 2012 models.

If you can find a new 2011 still on a lot, they will negotiate it down from $30,120 MSPR to about $25,000.

The best price on a 2012 with $30,435 MSRP is going to be $27,421 this month.

VW Credit has a bank fee of $625.

The money factor above is for 700+ credit score. If you are Tier B (mid to high 600's) The base rates will be 0.00070 (2011 model) and 0.00077 (2012 model). Tier C credit is about 0.00125.

Good luck with your deals. It took me a lot of time to get this info so please pass it on!
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    VW Bank Acquisition should be $595. Looks your dealer is padding it.
    Correction on the lease credit. VCI is offering $1750 lease cash on the 2011 and only $750 on the 2012.
    Lastly, these lease rates shouldn't have been hard to find since I post them on my website every month. :P

G
  • rnmtrnmt Member Posts: 11
    What is the address of your website?
  • double_jdouble_j Member Posts: 10
    My GF wanted to lease a new CC this weekend and asked the I go with her to fulfill my manly responsibility of negotiation. Needless to say, I traditionally purchase my cars outright and had no idea of what I was doing. I only hope I didn't put her in too bad of a position.

I did do some homework beforehand but think I got a little spun around when we were actually working through the deal with the salesperson. I have a feeling I left about a grand on the table but am not positive.

Deal Specifics:

2012 CC Sport w/DSG. MSRP of $30,400 + $400 for dealer add ons that we didn't want (but it was the only iron grey metallic they had and she had to have that color).

36 month/15,000 mile lease

Residual: $16,400 (about 53%-54% of sticker, so seems in line with expectations)

Upfront: $2,000 including first month's payment and NJ sales tax (7% of payments). I specifically told the salesperson we would be willing to pay acquisition/document fees, title & registration, and NJ taxes upfront but did not want to pay down any portion of the cap cost related to actual vehicle depreciation. This is where I think we got screwed - I can't help but feel that he bumped up the upfront amount on the sly.

Monthly Payment: $331/month.

Using the numbers above and the MF for April, I get a total cap cost of about $29,800. I assumed that the selling price was about $27,400 based on what the salesperson told me, but I've been trying to reconcile back to the real selling price by backing out taxes & fees, etc. and can't seem to make it work. I don't have the contract since my GF has the paperwork but I'm assuming that the dealer specific and state fees total about $500 or so (not including acquisition from VW credit).

Would anyone mind providing some input? I realize that this is purely an academic exercise to massage my ego, but I really would like to have some peace of mind about how much I left on the table.

Oh, well, at least I know at the end of the day that my GF got a car she loves at a price that she's comfortable with.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Assuming 54% residual and money factor of .00047 (from posts above and your information), and also assuming that your $2000 all went to tax, acquisition fee, dealer fee, registration, etc...

With an MSRP of $30,400 and a payment of $331/mo, the CAP cost would be right around $27,600..

Hope that helps...
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• double_jdouble_j Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2011
    Thanks!

I've been trying to recreate how the salesperson got us to $2,000 upfront and I guess it sounds reasonable. $900 taxes, $331 first payment, $595 acquisition fee, $250 other fees. I think I can comfortably say that the entire upfront was for taxes and fees.

I think the dealer cash of $750 on 2012s is giving me the most doubt. I assumed it would be used to help get me to the final purchase price of $27,600. Is this the case or should I have pushed for a selling price below $27,000 (e.g., selling price of $27,600 less $750)? If the former, then I actually ended up pretty close to my purchase price target (paid +200 because of the add ons). If the latter, then I gave $750 too much to the dealer (about $20 per month)!
    Beats me on the price....

But, the total lease cost looks pretty good for a $30K car.. I'd be happy with it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• antroccoantrocco Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car man can you help me.

I am looking to lease a 2011 CC Sport today. I spoke with the dealer I have been buying from for years.They told me $399 a month with tax title and fees with $1500 down inculding 1st months payment for 3yr / 15k miles a year. They are also going to pick up the last 3 payments of my current Passat lease. Please let me know if this a good deal, if not what should I be paying for this lease.I would like to make a move today to take advantage of the CC lease deals right now.

Thank you,
    Anthony
    Hello Anthony. Volkswagen's April programs are scheduled to run through today, May 2nd. If you don't finalize your deal today then the program will be different.

Look up the full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact CC that you're interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Once you have this data, let me know and I'll work up a sample payment on the car that you want for you, using the latest data.

Car_man
    Host
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    Hey, Anthony,
    All I can tell you is that I was in the same position in November and "sold" my lease return to them (had 3 mo left), so i didn't have to pay it.
    I took the same car, albeit with 12K miles and $1300 total out of pocket for $300/mo. Your monthly payment seems too high for me.
    Good Luck!
  • bclearbclear Member Posts: 8
    Trying to get a CC in May. Looking at a 2012 Sport with manual trans. Was looking for the residuals and money factors with a 12k mi/yr allowance on this vehicle for 36, 39, and 48 months. Also, my broker keeps mentioning a "rebate". Is this the $750 incentive that was mentioned earlier or what? Thanks.
  • marzsh1marzsh1 Member Posts: 23
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the current MF and residual for both 2011 and 2012 CC VR6 Executive for a 36 month, 12K ?

Thanks in advance.
  • antroccoantrocco Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

I was able to get a better deal on a CC Sport with auto trans,1,500 out of pocket inculding 1st month payment. 3 yr lease with 15k miles year.Monthly payment $340. The dealer also absorbed my least 3 payments.

Thank you for all your help,
    Anthony
  • scr3amscr3am Member Posts: 1
    I leased a 2012 CC sport AT with 400$ add-ons for an agreed price of "28300" + "625"(acquisition fee) = Gross capitalized cost of 28925 + 350$ (turn in fee at end of lease).

Money factor: .00047 (24 month lease)

For the payments, I have a trade in worth 3500$(including all fees) and 24 payments of 328$ (everything includes 9.5% tax) and a buy option for 19089 at the end of my 2 year 24k mile lease.

IS this a decent deal? Looking at the posts, I feel I overpaid by a 1000$ :(
    Here's the information that you're looking for bclear. Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00169 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00016 and 53%.

The 48 month numbers are .00033 ad 47%.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car through VW Credit. There's additional regional cash on top of that on the East Coast.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly can marzsh1. Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 CC VR6 Executive with 12,000 miles per year are .00169 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 CC VR6 4Motion Executive are .00169 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
  • erokkerokk Member Posts: 1
    I will be leasing this car in the next day or two and I just have that feeling of being "taken for a ride". After some back and forth haggling, they offered $365 a month with $1,700 total out of pocket, for 39 months with 12k ayear. My credit is 640.

Can you please let me know the numbers for May for this car.

• xojessxojess Member Posts: 1
    I am about to sign a lease for a 2012 VW CC Sport Manual Transmission.

The msrp of the manual transmission is $29,570, cap cost (selling price) is $26,850. The residual for the 12k lease is 53% ($15,672) and 51% ($15,081) for the 15k lease.

The money factor is .0004 or the equivalent of 1%. Tax is 8% where I live.

2012 CC Sport manual transmission w/ $3,000 total due at signing (38 remaining payments), 12k is $317/mo and 15k is $332/mo oac.

All taxes, fees and plates are included in monthly payments. As a recent college grad, my first month will be covered by VW

**Is this a good deal??** What's this about a $750 credit - should I be asking for it?

Thanks!
  • jonesyjonesjonesyjones Member Posts: 1
    Just got a lease on a 2012 VW CC R-Line Automatic for $315/mo (taxes included) and $1700 total at signing (including first payment). Good deal?
  • fireboss2fireboss2 Member Posts: 6
    Car man... greetings. You assisted us back in 2008 with a Lexus lease and we are overjoyed to find you are still active assisting others.

Will you please provide June residuals and money factors for the following lease programs:

2012 VW CC Lux Plus 36 months 12,000 miles

2012 VW CC Lux Plus 39 months 12,000 miles

Any cash incentives around on these vehicles? Thanks for all you do here.
  • chiropaulchiropaul Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,
    I sent you an email regarding my lease, but I figured I'd post it on here too so everyone else could get the answer.

I am looking for this month's numbers on a 2012 VW CC Lux Limited with 10k/yr for 39 mo.

THANKS
  • achilles11achilles11 Member Posts: 30
    Hi there...recently I've gotten these quotes for a 2012 CC Sport and Lux as follows:

Sport: 1621 due at signing, 15K miles per year, $324 per month for 39 months

Lux: 1825 due at signing, 15K miles per year, $371 per month for 39 months

Money Factor is .00016 for sport and .00015 for lux with residuals of I believe 51%

I'm not sure if I wanna splurge the extra $45 per month for a navi, nicer wheels, and fog lights...I'm thinking about it really hard though for the past week now...what do you guys think?
    Yeah... I like the cheaper one.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks fireboss2. Welcome back. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Volkswagen Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 CC Lux Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00169 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00059 and 51%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $750 to $1,500 in cash incentives that are currently available on it. The exact amount varies by region.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey chiropaul. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Volkswagen Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2012 CC Lux Limited with 10,000 miles per year are .00034 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • gopagegopage Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    Dealer is offering the following on 2012 CC Sport R-Line:

Term: 39 Months
    Total Down: $912.00 (1st months payment, plus taxes, etc)
    Miles Per Year: 15K
    Total a month: $425.76

Or the following on a 2012 CC Sport:

Term: 39 Months
    Total Down: $855
    Miles Per Year: 15K
    Total a month: $390.88

I have Tier B credit and so wasn't able to get the best offers.. He swears this is the best he can do... This is my first lease.. please help! :)
  • ssedhassedha Member Posts: 4
    Hey everyone,
    Just wanted to post the deal I got yesterday. I leased the CC Sport. Sticker was about $30,200. I got it down to $26750 as the lease amount. They didn't have the R Line so couldn't even try that. and the luxury plus was a bit too much for me. So here is what I got:

Term: 39 months
    Total down: $1500 ($669 was the first month + Taxes + Title + Fees)
    Miles per year: 12k
    Total a month: $287

The advertised special on VW's site was $289 a month with $2999 down. So I was able to get a similar payment with half the money down.

Thoughts???
  • hpejhpej Member Posts: 8
    hi car man!! great to interact with you again!!!! you are nothing but great help. i want to purchase a 2012 vw cc r-line. i need to know what the june or july MF and residual values are for 36-mo lease and 12k miles per year. THX CAR MAN!!

PS, please come out with a T-Shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hello thx for the info, what were the details of the lease
    money factor?
    Residual?
    down payment WITHOUT fees (what was your breakdown of the 1700)?
    how many miles per year?
    i wanna buy a CC R-line and i am having a hard time getting the june or july MF and RV for the 2012 for 36 or 39 months, can someone help? thanks
  • clasysclasys Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2011
    Hello to all

Just made a deal in NY:
    2012 CC Sport automatic, blue/black with CC Distinction Kit (added mats, mud guards and chrome exhaust tips).

MSRP $30,910
    39 months/10,000 miles. $310 a month (tax rolled in) with $560 (1st mo, MV fees and $60 plates) due at signing.

MF was 0.00016
    Dealer said he used 54% residual to calculate the payment (seems a little high).

They took in my 2008 Altima SL with two $309 payments remaining, total payoff was $15,800.

Plugging the numbers into lease calc, I'm getting selling price of $26,872 to arrive @ $310 monthly.

I think I did pretty well. Thoughts?
  • clasysclasys Member Posts: 30
    Your deal seems very comparable to mine, lower payment with higher sum upfront. Was the $1500 total due at signing? Nothing else? Seems like great deal to me.