Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions

Comments

• jgirl6jgirl6 Member Posts: 53
    Thank you car_man
    Trying to decide on a car, just test drove the 2012 Hyundai Sonata Se with 2.0 liter turbo, automatic, no navigation. Offering 0 down ,289/month 15k/year 36 months and will take my Jetta lease as is - I have some scrapes on the bumper and needs a tire. Dealer said the car would be 23k and change. Not sure if this is a good deal. I am on Long Island, in NY. Going to look at the cc again see what I can do with them too. Don't know if, in love with the Sonata, it was ok.

ps thanks for the confirmation on the money factor on Hyundai its .0019 do I multiply that by 2,400 too (or is it different when number only has 2 zeros)

Again Thank you for your help
    Hi Car_man I was considering the 2012 Hyundai Sonata SE but just didnt know, the price was right. I went to VW test drove the new 2012 CC and realized I just wouldn't have been happy with the Sonata.

I am looking at a 36 month lease, 15k for the CC Sport with a 6 speed manual. tax, tags, title, and 1 st month at signing (2282.00) in NY with a $315 a month payment. Is this a good deal??? and have qualified for top tier credit.

mf was the .00012 you spoke of and residual at approximately 50%.

I have not signed the lease as of yet but always leary when it comes to leasing/buying cars
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jgirl6. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted look good. Do you know what this car's MSRP and selling price are? The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    The MSRP = $28,515 add the destination charge $820 and CC protection + It works out to be = $29,690 The Adjusted Capitalized Cost = $26,008.70
    Amount I paid at lease signing and delivery was only the inception costs: NY sales tax (1st payment, registration fees, acquisition fee (625.00), document fee (75.00), waste tire fee (12.50)
    36month lease 15k per year payment =$315

I saw that someone was able to get $295 inc taxes but that was in December. I was hoping I could get the number closer to that but not sure that would have been possible, they also brought the car in from another dealership they did not have any manuals or the colors I liked

Let me know if I negotiated a good deal As all ways thanks carman
    Hey jgirl6. The selling price that you were quoted looks good to me. This looks like a pretty good deal for February. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • pilotman5pilotman5 Member Posts: 27
    Hi,

Can you please post March 2012 lease rate for VW Passat CC Sport with Lighting Package with auto trans, 15,000 miles per year and 36 months?
    Here you go pilotman5. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CC Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00009 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • club241club241 Member Posts: 25
    Could you provide lease rates for a 2013 vw cc lux 15,000 /year 36 months?
  • bman44bman44 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,
    Can you please provide the MF and Residual for the 2012 CC Sport for the month of April?
    Also, are there any cash incentives? If so what is it for the 2012 CC Sport?
    Thanks
  • club241club241 Member Posts: 25
    Or not?
  • lenegotiatorlenegotiator Member Posts: 1
    Car man - what is a good lease option on the 2013 CC.
    I am interested in a manual option with MSRP of about $29,000. MF is pretty good still but having difficulty in pinning down what should be a good deal.
    Appricate some input.
  • vdubbiavdubbia Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 2012 VW CC Sport, sticker was $30,300. 10 Months later, with only 15k miles on the car I wanted to trade it in and no one would give me more than $18.5k for it. I understand that the car depreciates as soon as you drive it off the lot, but losing almost 45% of it's value in less than 12 months was shocking to me. Make sure you use the tools available online to see what your purchase is going to be worth after 5 years. The 2012 CC comes in at just over $7k and is rated one of the most expensive cars to own over 5 years. Just a bit of sage advice from a long time VW owner and a disappointed one now. I did wind up making a deal that got me well above book, but it took a lot of work and dealing with multiple dealerships to do so.
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Interesting, how did you manage to get "well above book" deal? Put a gun to sales manager's head?
  • chad75chad75 Member Posts: 109
    edited August 2012
    Car-Man, do you have lease factors (MF & residual) available for the outgoing 2012 CC Sport R-line, manual transmission, 12k mi/yr for 3 yrs, along with any available incentives? Zip 33901. I know that VW is trying hard to dump their 2012 supplies!

Thank you!
    Hi lenegotiator. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you should be able to get this car for pretty close to dealer invoice (perhaps a couple hundred dollars over) minus the available cash incentives, which is $2,000 on the '13 base 2.0T model.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do chad75. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CC Sport R-Line with 12,000 miles per year are .00002 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks, Car_Man!
    You're very welcome chad75.

Car_man
    Host
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Greetings Car_Man:

Could you kindly provide the buy rate and residual for the above referenced vehicle as it relates to a 36 month/10k mile lease as well as a 36 month/12k mile lease.

Many Thanks.
    edited August 2012
    Car-Man,

Thanks for all your help with lease factors... just signed the papers on a 2013 CC Sport, lighting package, manual. 36 months, 10k miles/year. I'm confident we got a GREAT deal, so I'd like you to give me your opinion:

Local dealership offering special that ended August 31, CC Sport w/ lighting, automatic, for $269.99/month, zero down, zero security deposit.

I contacted them, said I would be interested in a manual, if they would offer reduction for manual vs. automatic. MSRP for automatic $1,100 more than manual, so I said, I'd be paying about 45% of that difference in depreciation, so let's take $495 off ($1,100 x 45%), and spread that out over the 36 months for $13 less on the monthly payments. They agreed, so my payments were $256 + tax = about $271/month.

What caught me off guard were the Dealer/Documentation fees ($599) and the Acquisition fees ($625).

So what we arranged at the end of the deal was: I paid $1,500 up front for Dealer/Acq./Gov't/Tag fees + first month's payment, followed by 35 subsequent monthly payments of $279.91.

I think I got a great deal, but again, I was REALLY caught off guard by the big Dealer & Acq. fees... are these fees pretty ballpark for dealerships? It's been 10 years since I bought my last new car from a dealership, and this is my first LEASE.

Any thoughts?
  • tw1vwtw1vw Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man!

Thanks for all of your help here. Can you provide details for leasing a 2013 VR6 Executive, no options?

MSRP: 42,240
    Invoice: 40,541

I have read there is a $2500 incentive for CC leases as well. Can you confirm that I would subtract this from the cap cost?

Thanks!
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    Car_Man,

What is the CC Residual and MF for CC Sport w/ LED for 36 month, 12k mi/yr?
    I'd be happy to help you out kerb. Through September 4th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome tw1vw. Through September 4th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC VR6 Executive with 15,000 miles per year are .00001 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

What you heard about the $2,500 cash incentive is correct. Negotiate the lowest possible selling price that you can (as close to dealer invoice as possible) and then have the dealer subtract any available cash incentives from that.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ahashmi. Through September 4th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Many thanks Car_Man!
  • steve2k7steve2k7 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,

Would you please kindly help me figure out what the A tier, B-Tier and C-Tier money factors are for a 2013 VW CC Sport plus Automatic are (September deal)? Im also wondering what the residual is at being at either 10k or 12k miles a year.

Thanks a bunch Car_Man!
    You're very welcome kerb.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi steve2k7. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00012 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

I'm not sure what the rates for other credit tiers are, I'll see what I can find out.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks a bunch Car_man! I just signed up on a new lease. Was able to get 3,000 behind invoice! Great help and great deal!
  • verinoxverinox Member Posts: 76
    Hi steve2k7, would you mind sharing the details of the lease deal you mentioned, at 3k under invoice? I'm very interested in leasing a cc as well and your deal would be great to have as a reference point.
    You're very welcome steve2k7. Thanks for letting us know how everything turned out. Congratulations on your great deal. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Verinox,
    The MSRP was $34,150 and invoice was about 32,698 on a 2013 VW CC Sport Plus. There is $3,000 dealer cash which is not a rebate and is up to the dealer to give up. The dealer cash may differ from state to state. I bought my VW in Texas and signed up for 10k miles a year which gave me a 54% residual. The money factor will depend on your credit rating. If you need anymore details or info, Car_man is awesome guy to ask. In some cases you need to shop other VW's locations in your area or surrounding cities to negotiate the best deal. Good luck!

Steve2k7
  • joshcoryjoshcory Member Posts: 2
    Car Man or others....

I am working a deal with a local VW Dealer and wanted to get some input on what they have offered. Deal is on a 2013 VW CC VR6 Lux.

Sticker- $38,820
    Lease Credit- $2,500
    Car Discount- $2,307

Net Price- $38,326.97 (after fees, tax, etc.)
    Money Factor- .00009 or .0009 (he was talking quickly)
    Residual- 52%

He came up with $540, I didn't get that with the lease calculator. This lease is for 3 years / 12,000 miles per year.

Thanks in advance and let me know if this is a good deal.
    Greetings Josh. This car has a spread of around $1,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. So the $2,300 dealer discount that you were quoted looks excellent. The $2,500 cash incentive on a lease of this car is right on the money as well.

The dealer was honest with you about this car's money factor as well, it's .00009.

Having said that, using the price that you mentioned in your post, I come up with a zero down monthly payment of around $510. You need to find out why the dealer is $30 per month higher than that.

Car_man
    Host
  • tkhaustkhaus Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

This is my first lease and first through VW. I have read lot about how to negotiate deals on leases and all of the numbers to consider. My quesiton is more basic. VW is offering a $279/mo lease with $2499 down (plus tax/title) for the 2013 CC Sport Plus. The terms are 36mo/10K miles per year. The MSRP on the car is $33400. This offer expires Oct 1. Is this "special" rate non-negotiable because it is a special? I am wondering if this a special incentive that is already a good deal or just a starting point that can be reduced? I am thinking the $2499 may have some room to reduce?

Sorry for such a basic question, just new to this and seems like a great deal already, but don't want to overpay.

Thx
    tkhaus
  • joshcoryjoshcory Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car Man. The extra $30 was sales tax. Sounds like I got a great deal!
  • 12101210 Member Posts: 7
    Looking at a VW CC Sport, automatic, mats, chrome exhaust, $0 down, 15k year for 36 months, just first month payment and dmv in NY. Quoted $439, $419 then $379. Is $379 a good deal? Thanks.
    Hi tkhaus. Manufacturers' advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who live in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices, and in turn lower monthly payments, than officially advertised deals.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome joshcory.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 1210. Well, $379 per month is certainly a lot better than $439 ;) . Do you know this car's MSRP and selling price? That information would make it much easier for me to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    The sale price in 28,100 and msrp is $32,275 plus $825 destination for a total of $33,100. I got him down to $365 which includes taxes. thanks
    Looking at VW CC Sport, MSRP is $32,275 plus $825 destination=$33,100. Purchase price $28,100. 36 months 15k a year, no money down or other fees other than DMV. The payment is $365 including taxes. Any thoughts?
  • marzsh1marzsh1 Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2012
    Hi Car_man,

Would you please post residual and mf for a 2012 CC 4motion for 12K, 36 month lease? What do you think is a good selling price for this car? Thanks.
  • whenweescapewhenweescape Member Posts: 1
    Just took deliver of a 2013 Volkswagen CC Black on Black Leather Manual Turbo. Paying 254.00/month-269 including taxes per month $0 down for 36 months 10,000 miles per year. Paid $1800 in inception fees which included first month payment. Extremely happy with price!
  • carrinocarrino Member Posts: 42
    Hello.
    I have a 2010 cc sport with 9 payments of $399.00 left on a lease. I want to get into a new cc sport plus for the same price. I have been quoted $423/month with 15k miles, 3 year lease. All that I would put down is first and dmv. I can get into a sport with lighting for the $399 a month and a 2013 passat with nav and sunroof for 399 also. The invoice on the cc plus is $33,560. Should I wait a few more months with the possibility of lowering my payment, or should I jump at the 399 deal. I really want the navigation but the dealer cannot or will not do it on that vehicle. All the other dealers I went to were at the 499 range. Thanks
  • bluelikejazzbluelikejazz Member Posts: 14
    Residual for a 2013 CC Sport, 36 months, 36000 miles is 53%. I was curious as to what it is for 15000mi/yr?
  • bluelikejazzbluelikejazz Member Posts: 14
    Lease cash right now is 3250 through 10/31. That will be hard to beat.
  • carrinocarrino Member Posts: 42
    It is for 15k miles a year. Dealer called to tell me I can have the sport plus for $399 a month with first and dmv. Will be getting it Tuesday. Night blue sport plus. Was going to get black but I have a black sport now and decided to change colors. I think it was a good deal
    Hi marzsh1. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CC 4-Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for a 2012 CC right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the $3,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host