Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Camaro Prices Paid and Buying Experience

troll_magetroll_mage Member Posts: 3
Yikes, its quite a bit more than expected. I had hoped that the base V8 Manual would be around 25k-26k, I guess that was just wishful thinking. At 30k+ it puts it more than I care to spend for a car that sits in the garage most of the year.

Comments

• eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    hey, there are worse things than trolling for a v6 camaro - not everyone can have the V8! i'd like to test-drive a V6 stickshift model.
  • jpstax1jpstax1 Member Posts: 197
    Here are the latest prices for the 2010 Camaro:

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/camaro/2010/index.html#search=open.eq..amp.p.eq- - .cvehicledata%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Enf12%7C%7C43686576726f6c6574

As you can see, the LS (V6) has an MSRP of $22,245. That's pretty darn good for a car with 300 HP. In fact, it has almost the same HP as the 2000 Camaro Z28 had (305), although the V6 generates less torque than the V8. Anyway, I think it's a car with plenty of "bang for the buck".
  • schluteschlute Member Posts: 12
    I also think that is a good price but will we be able to get one for that and when will they be available?
  • jpstax1jpstax1 Member Posts: 197
    Below is the latest Edmund's review of the 2010 Camaro LS with pricing:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2010/chevrolet/camaro/101110008/prices.html

Unfortunately, it doesn't mention when the car will be available for sale nor if or when its price may increase. I suggest calling your local Chevrolet dealer for more info.
  • richt5richt5 Member Posts: 43
    Seems kind of a bargain to me $22250 for 300 hp six and $29k and change for 400+ hp . Just dont understand why it had to be so big and heavy. No break thru engineering. I wish GM luck.
  • wayne52wayne52 Member Posts: 26
    The cost is actually somewhat misleading. $22,250 (plus $700 shipping) is $23,000 sounds nice, but that figure is quite misleading. That is the price of an absolutely stripped down model. If you equipped this vehicle like the mustangs I think the 6 cylinder camaro is priced about the same as the 8 cylinder mustang (300 hp +/- each). For the 8 cylinder camaro (400 hp) to have the equipment of a GT mustang I think you would find it to be considerably more expensive that a GT mustang (and you get more horsepower, too). To get a 6 cyl camaro that you may "want to take home" would cost about the same as a GT mustang and maybe a little more.
  • dloehrdloehr Member Posts: 4
    Hi There,

Just wanted to let everybody know, that I was able to find a deal for a new 2010 2SS Camaro at $1200 under Factory Invoice... I was offered that by my local dealer here in Illinois(I live in Schaumburg 20 miles from Chicago). Two other dealers were at $1000 below Invoice... I'm very happy with my new car and that price paid!

Dan
    thanks for that $1k-under-invoice for SS news, illinois guy. very nice to know.

let's not be misled by the pricing however - personally i just figured out the insidiously misleading pricing of gasoline, the way it always ends in .9 cents.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Dan: Do you mean to say $1200 under invoice or were you referring to msrp? I walked into several local dealers with cash in hand and couldn't get them to honor military pricing--forget about invoice!
    yeah, Vinny, you gotta be right about that. $1k under invoice seems too good to be true given that recently the dealers wouldn't budge from MSRP...
    also Vinny, which of us is first to be scouring illinois dealerships for our favorite color/stripes/package at $49 over invoice and courtesy-delivery to Boston (#1 original old-schooling the NYers) or NY (#2, newbie town, just getting established) ?
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Under or over invoice/MSRP does not mean anything.... what matters is OTD because we all pay it.... If a trade is involved the OTD price is moot.
    I'm scouring the South now. Most Camaros are still sold before they arrive here. I'm guessing that prices will drop quickly up north as the winter progresses.
  • qndlb21qndlb21 Member Posts: 2
    Bought 2lt with Auto, RS Pkg, Sunroof and compact spare....msrp was 31,410.00
    Got out the door price of 29,950.00 No quite Invoice but very close. This car was a gift for my son from his grandmother.... a lot of dealers only wanted to give the 500.00 rebate only discount.....
  • bruce_leebruce_lee Member Posts: 23
    Wow, from msrp of $31,410.00 to $29.95K OUT THE DOOR? :surprise:

That's great. Where did you buy? :confuse:

thanks,

BL in San Fran (home of the import lovers).
  • seaurchinseaurchin Member Posts: 57
    Hi there, i just built the same car you did and it came out to exactly to MSRP of $31,410 and invoice of $29,893. My question is how did you get it for 29K out of the door, doesn't it include sales tax and all the other fees you are charged.

Seems like a great deal.
  • qndlb21qndlb21 Member Posts: 2
    This was in the St louis MO Market....I also omitted that this did not include sales tax since it was not charged since we live in IL..we have to pay that separate.
  • branscopbranscop Member Posts: 4
    i'm looking for the same package/deal in NY..31,400 down to 29,950...nobody is budging from msrp..surprising.. i didn't think $1500 off msrp or paying invoice would still be difficult to find.. i guess i'll be patient
    Wait until summer, once 315 HP base 2011 Mustang comes out they'll change their tune.
  • rdale1270rdale1270 Member Posts: 1
    We found a new Camaro at a dealer 1 state over from our local dealer. The local wants to charge an additional $650 to have the car delivered. The salesman said the car is not yet at the other dealer. So, I guess I have two questions: Is it possible for dealers to reroute vehicles in transit? And, if not, is an additional trans. charge reasonable, considering they already charge $850?
  • strangemanstrangeman Member Posts: 8
    A dealer is trying to add $570 to MSRP....from his email:

"The window sticker of the vehicle (#LD821) shows $37,635. There is an Environmental Protection Package that is applied to all vehicles that includes paint sealant, interior fabric/leather/carpet protection, and more. The price of that package adds $570 for a total of $38,205. "
    yes it is a scam.
    I'll tell you the same thing i told the guy above

Wait until summer, once 315 HP base 2011 Mustang comes out they'll change their tune. There will be no extra fees and they will have plenty of them on the lot.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to talk with diehard Chevy fans in the Chicago area. If you are a long-time loyalist, a Chevy collector or have dramatically customized your Chevy, and you live near Chicago, please email pr@edmunds.com no later than February 10, 2010, and provide your daytime phone number and a few words about your passion for the "bow tie" brand.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Vinny,

It was $1200 below factory Invoice(not MSRP, Invoice!). I don't know why u guys have a such a hard time finding this deal. It was from Jerry Haggerty him self.
    $200 under Invoice and $1000 cash rebate. It should be even easier to get this now, since I see them sit on the dealers lots...

Dan
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    edited February 2010
    You should have received a bit more than $200 below invoice before rebate on the SS. Around here local is doing $550 below invoice before rebate on the SS.
    That's a great deal! I guess I got mine couple months ago, maybe that's why it was "only" $200 back of Invoice... Still, I'm very happy with my deal and the car!
    Nice work! Prices are still holding close to MSRP here in the South. If there had been reasonable deals six months ago, I would have bought one, but now I'm going to wait for the convertible next year.
  • jmelchiojmelchio Member Posts: 23
    I just bought a 1SS for about $500 below invoice, before the $1000 Saturn Owner incentive. There are a few dealers online at Camaro forums that offer GM Employee pricing (a few hundred over invoice), and they will ship the car to you. Shipping costs vary based on distance, but it's worth checking into.
  • britgeezerbritgeezer Member Posts: 95
    edited March 2010
    So up in NJ, the "dance" for a 2SS with RS, Sunroof, Auto and Black stripe starts at $38,550 MSRP and ends up with a dealer offer of $38,000, as a friend of the family favor.. Its for my daughter (she's paying for it) who wants Bumble Bee Yellow, which the dealer will have to trade in. Fact, since most of his stock is V6 and stick.

We have a $1000 Pontiac purchase discount in the family that we can count on through at least March 31, I think I can do better, any input or comments?
  • jmelchiojmelchio Member Posts: 23
    I think you can do better. There is a Camaro forum, and there are several dealers who post on that website and are offering all Camaros at GM Employee pricing. They have inventory/prices listed, so go take a look. I live in Pittsburgh, and they can ship a car to my door (from Michigan and Wisconsin) for about $400.

Website and topic for these dealers is at http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69 Take a look.

I was able to get a 1SS/RS for $1500 below invoice (including Saturn/Pontiac owners discount), but I had to drive 2 1/2 hours to West Virginia to pick it up.

Good luck.
  • newyorksebringnewyorksebring Member Posts: 18
    That's a long drive, but heck if you can find it for that cheap it is definitely worth the price. I've been scouring around for a 1995 Z28 because I love the body style, but I am finding it really hard to find one for a good price. I'll probably get one tomorrow that I found. 300hp, mint condition, but high miles at 150. Gaskets were just redone though and the engine is meticulous otherwise. For $4000 (middle book value), it's probably worth it.
  • candlgrl768candlgrl768 Member Posts: 1
    After searching since early 2009 & finding many Central New Jersey dealerships charging anywhere from $1000.00 to $5000.00 OVER Sticker (for LT2 w/RS) due to "Supply & Demand" or "Fair Market Value" as they said... I finally paid sticker price. I rather pay sticker then get ripped off by these scams artist adding way over what the car is worth. Many NJ dealerships are NOT allowing to use the "pontiac deal" towards a camaro.
  • newyorksebringnewyorksebring Member Posts: 18
    I completely agree with you. It's ridiculous the sticker price for the new ones and what the dealers are saying they can charge. Heck people, I would rather turn to eBay and buy from someone off of there than buy from a dealer trying to get an extra $4000. That's completely dishonest. Then again, your other option is to just buy a slightly used Camaro (3-4 months old). Who would be getting rid of it? Idk, they would have to be out of their mind, but oh well...
    i don't see what's so ridiculous, especially for the V6 pricing. I hear that both new V6s & V8 camaros are available for close-enough to invoice.
    There are fantastic incentives now, including the new camaros.
    Extra $ for pontiac owners too.
    Some dealers elect not to pass the incentives to consumers, or not to honor the pontiac incentive on new camaros, but others are reasonable.

Possibly investigate finding a dealer that honors invoice minus incentives minus pontiac-owner/whatever incentive, and arrange a courtesy-delivery to the local beeyotchass dealer who won't?
    Personally I'm trying to decide on a GMC Sierra W/T pickup or a Camaro. (I've got an 05 GTO which kicks 010 camaro SS's [non-permissible content removed], so a corvette gets my attention more than V8 camaro. But V6 camaro is such a fanastic deal and performer - I might prefer it to the GMC sierra W/T.
  • bigtcbigtc Member Posts: 12
    This past weekend I watched a 60 minute infomercial for Kerbeck In Atlantic City, "they said" offering employee pricing now it's called preffered pricing on all GM cars including Camaro, Corvette excluded.
    From what I gathered online it's something along these lines.

LS - MSRP $22,245 Preffered Price $20,504
    1LT - MSRP $23,880 PP $22,001
    2LT - MSRP $26,580 PP $24,470
    1SS - MSRP $30,245 PP $27,824
    2SS - MSRP $33,430 PP 30738
  • bruce_leebruce_lee Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2010
    Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to let you know what kind I pricing I got.

Affter talking to the salesman, I told him I would pay ‘invoice’ for a 2011 Camaro and nothing more. Well, after some negotiations, they gave me a final price of $33,650 and I agreed to it.

( I did trade in my Silver 2008 Saturn Outlook XR and I will miss it. It was very good for the most part. )

I was prepared with the information from Edmunds.com, below:

MSRP..........Invoice.........Others Paying

National Base Price ..............$30,945 .......$29,707.........$30,429
    Regional Adjustment
    for Zip Code Change ....................- .................. - ........... $321
    Optional Equipment.................$2,990...........$2,632........$2,933
    WRS RS Package..................$1,200 ...........$1,056.......$1,177
    MX0 6-Speed Auto Transn.........$995.............. $876 .........$976
    C3O Black Stripe Package.........$470...............$414..........$461
    GCO Rally Yellow Paint..............$325 ..............$286 ........$319
    Color Adjustment -........................ - ................... - ........... $67
    Rally Yellow
    Destination Charge ...................$850.................$850......... $850
    Total with Options....................$34,785.............$33,189.....$34,466

I purchased it from Fremont Chevrolet in Fremont, California (San Francisco Bay Area - East Bay). I know, I was shocked they were willing to deal.

thanks,

BL (in San Francisco - Home of the import lovers)
    Please tell me what you got for the Saturn. I have an 08 4-door XR I'll be looking to trade soon. I'm trying to hold out for the convertible...
  • mparismparis Member Posts: 6
    Is this "elias" from the PONTIAC GTO FORUM...hello old friend ...you have given great advice ...thank you..... :)
    bonjour mparis!
    thank you , yes it is me.
    I drove the GTO today and might again tomorrow on our -10F morning.
    In local news my GM card rebate will start 'expiring' buy June 2012, so maybe I have until then to shop. :)
    Camaro V6 remains on my comparison-shopping list but this weekend I'm more leaning towards GMC pickup truck or GMC terrain.
    best regards...
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking for a new sports car buyer. If you have purchased a sports car in the past 6 months, please send your daytime contact info along with the make and model of your new car to pr@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• davidwilpdavidwilp Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2013
    Is it common to pay a "Dealer Fee" when buying a used car ? I thought this was only on new cars.

On another note, I can't believe that this forum has no activity with related buying experiences since 2011. Am I the only one interested in buying a Camaro?
    Most dealerships will try to tack on any fees that buyers might accept. It's all just additional profit...

I'm amazed that there aren't more posts here too.
  • atreiusatreius Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I just leased this car with a $3200 trade in and $1,500 in coupons for the car selling competition that was going on. The car came with only base features, except for floor mats, a cargo net, one other very minor option.

The lease that I negotiated was for $258 per month for 36 months.
    MSRP was $24,000 and some change.
    Residual value was about 62%.
    It was a 15k miles package.
  • 2doorpost2doorpost Member Posts: 74
    Finally bought a 2013 2 LS model. $3300 off of MSRP.
    Base automatic with a spare tire and floor mats.

Got a $ 1000 off for a rebate;a $1300 dealer discount; and another $1000 off for a "Private Offer", secured by going on the Chevy.com website and "Building a Camaro"