Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti QX56 hit while parked?

andyb4andyb4 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in INFINITI
Has anyone who owns a QX56 or Armada had problems with it being hit while parked? I have had my Q for 9 months and it has been hit twice by other cars while parked in 2 different locations. Wondering if I have been extremely unlucky or if anyone else has had the same experience????

Comments

• Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Wondering if I have been extremely unlucky ...

My first thought is that it probably matters most where you park your Q. Also, when you say "hit," how serious a hit are you talking about? Ding? Crumpled fender? Structural damage?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    andyb4andyb4 Member Posts: 2
    It spent over 2 months at the body shop the first time and over 3 months the second time - severe damage. It has been parallel parked where I live. I have lived here for over 4 years and no ones car has ever been hit.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Is there something unique about your Q? Fancy wheels, bumper stickers, whip antenna? Do you keep it especially shiny? Is it the biggest vehicle on the block?

Skiers are told to look for the gaps when they ski in trees, but it's human nature to stare at the object you intend to avoid. Then you wind up hitting the tree.

Drivers tend to drive closer to cyclists who wear helmets for some reason - either they notice the helmet and veer closer because of that or they think helmeted riders are more predictable and they won't get in their way, so they don't have to move over when they pass.

Maybe drivers think a small car is tinny so they move over passing one of those but they think your SUV is rugged and they can pass by it more closely.
  • Options
    Beav83Beav83 Member Posts: 1
    I too had my 2007 QX56 hit in a grocery store parking lot. I didn't know (no noticeable marks on bumper) that it was hit until my front tires started rubbing against the wheel wells when backing up. The dealer told me that the bumper was pushed back and the service tech bent it back out. It's fine now but I'm wondering what other damage was done that I haven't noticed yet.

Besides the sunroof has been rattling against the roof of the car since 2 months after I bought it in April 2007. The dealer can't seem to replicate the problem and I'm about to call the general manager. My front windows also rattle when they are only down slightly and the front springs/struts/shocks sound like I'm running over a steel drum when I go over a speed bump. I could go on.....
This discussion has been closed.