Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Pilot Maintenance Schedule

MickinSDMickinSD Member Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in Honda
Can anyone tell me what maintenance is recommended at 30,000 miles for a 2007 Honda Pilot?

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Change the oil, air and cabin filters and inspect/adjust the drive belts and rotate the tires. Should cost around $120 at a dealer.

Here's the details:

Edmunds Maintenance Guide

Should be the same schedule in the owner's manual.
  • Options
    Much appreciated, Steve.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention that Edmunds gets the maintenance info from Honda.

No doubt your dealer will have some additional "recommendations," especially if you simply ask the service writer for a 30k service. Some of those recommendations may be ok, but remember that most of the service writers are on commission.
  • Options
    Where can I find instructions on replacing cabin air filter on same 2007 Pilot?
  • Options
    If instructions aren't in the owner's manual, try the Online Repair Manuals guide.

Even better, hang out a little bit until another owner shows up with the scoop. :)

Then maybe you can write up a guide like this one, but for the Pilot.
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    The cabin filter should be changed 30,000 miles or 24 months, whichever comes first.

There are 3 links re DIY changing Pilot's cabin filter with step-by-step photos. Dealer charges about 100.00 to 150.00 for the job.

http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9171

http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20409

http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4684&highlight=dano

Acura MDX - sister car - Step-by-Step
    http://www.cougarbash.com/mdx/filter.htm

I heard that the OEM filter is with activated charcoal coated so it looks dark and black even is new. The replacement filter is white. Not everywhere are selling the one with activated charcoal.
  • Options
    andylaksh1andylaksh1 Member Posts: 8
    Hi all,
    I have a question about maintenance schedules. I bought my '08 Pilot VP on March this year and I now have about 3,500 miles on it. In the last 9 months I have not taken it back to the dealer for any kind of general check-ups or with any maintenance queries since I haven't driven a whole lot and didn't have any major problems so far. Now, is that a mistake? Should I take it to the dealer periodically for check-ups no matter what? I didn't get anything from the dealer either advising a routine check or anything. So what do you people do? Please advice. Thanks.
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    While you're waiting for advice you may find Maintenance Schedule helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    I think best is to go with the Maintenance Minder oil life %, or change oil once every year whatever come first. You should be about 30% oil life at this stage. The wrench sign will show up in 15% oil life, and it is time to make appointment.
  • Options
    vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Under "normal" driving conditions, should the ATF be changed every 40K miles?

Is it safe to use the ATF being sold at Advance Auto Parts?
    Or should I only use the Honda brand ATF from the dealer? Thanks!
  • Options
    dedwalldedwall Member Posts: 1
    My auto trans. fluid was changed for the first time at 30K service (4WD model). Now at 44.6K, the Maintenance Minder says it needs servicing again. What is the service interval now, 15K miles? If so, then why did it not need servicing until 30K the first time? Thanks.
    -Dennis
This discussion has been closed.