Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

We thought we picked out an SUV....but we are having doubts

2»

Comments

• mikey13170mikey13170 Member Posts: 26
    Would love to see your pic. I have a Ltd with Captains chairs and I added console. I have 3 boxers that I carry around and would have preferred to have had second row bench, but could not find one with the Nav and DVD + 20" wheels. Dealers just told me it wasn't possible to get it.

After having it 30 days so far I would have much preferred the bench.
    I have had my Limited for about 30 days so far and I just noticed that the "range" reading had changed from when I first bought the truck.

I remember the first few fill ups showing that I could go roughly 380 miles on a full tank. Now when I fill up it says 285 miles on a full tank. That is only 10mpg......I commute to work about 25 miles each way and my trip computer says I'm averaging around 14.
    Why does the range not match up with the avg fuel economy?

Has anyone else noticed this?
  • hdfatboyhdfatboy Member Posts: 324
    "I remember the first few fill ups showing that I could go roughly 380 miles on a full tank. Now when I fill up it says 285 miles on a full tank. That is only 10mpg......I commute to work about 25 miles each way and my trip computer says I'm averaging around 14.
    Why does the range not match up with the avg fuel economy?

Has anyone else noticed this? "

How are you measuring your range? One of the things you need to get used to is that the Sequoia shows E with 5-6 gallons still left in the tank. You probably have 80-100 miles still left in the tank when it reads Empty. Next time you fill up you'll see that it rarely takes much more than 20 gals when the guage first reads E.

Next time you fill up, subtract the amount of gals you buy from 26.4. Now take the difference and multiply the remaining gallons times the MPG on the trip computer...you just found your remaining fuel mileage range.
    Yeah I had noticed the difference in filling the tank. Last night I filled up when it said I had 13 miles left to go. It took around 21.5 gallons to fill it meaning I had 5 gallons in reserve (roughly). If I'm getting 13.5 which has been the average, then I had another 65 miles to go on that tank. Add that 65 to my already 285 and I get 350, which is still off the original 385 the computer was telling me I'd get.

I guess it comes down to the computer re-calibrating itself based upon the driving style or average fuel economy.

Just wish I could get the posted 14 mpg it says I should get........not seeing it at all even driving conservatively.
  • hdfatboyhdfatboy Member Posts: 324
    I get 14 mpg now however for the first 10K miles it was under 13mpg. The fuel economy has gone up by 10% over time as the engine breaks in.
    Interesting.....I'll have to watch that as time passes and see how it does.
  • warwickmonwarwickmon Member Posts: 27
    Sorry it took me so long to get back. I haven't been here in a week. Here are the pics that were sent to me by the folks at canvasback. I wasn't sure from their description if their rear cover would fit right. They actually went to a dealer and installed the cover to take pictures for me. Nice service. So this is not actually my car. This one has the bench and I have the console like you. But all the pieces are separate so you can just omit the middle piece on the 2nd row. I have only installed the back piece and it works great. The velcro seals very tightly so no shifting around like a loose rug. I recommend it.

I put some pictures up on Carspace. Have a look.

Warwickmon
  • momofboysmomofboys Member Posts: 2
    How many people will you be carrying on a regular basis? That makes the difference!!
  • warwickmonwarwickmon Member Posts: 27
    My regular load will be carrying two boys (4 and 7) plus a St. Bernard. I almost always take the dog to work with me. So my regular setup will be two kids in car seats on the captain chairs. Overall I think I would have been happier with the bench seat for now. The huge center console is mostly wasted space right now. But I'm getting used to it. Plus a bench would have been better to block the dog. But no Platinum's with bench seats around here. The nice thing about these covers is they allow you to move all the seats up or down without removing it.

W
  • lingenfelterlingenfelter Member Posts: 6
    The QX is very unreliable and has safety issues like brake failures and skid control malfunctions. It is noisy, rough riding and drinks gas (much worse than the ratings show). Either the Navigator or Expedition would be a better choice as well as the Tahoe/Suburban.
  • lingenfelterlingenfelter Member Posts: 6
    In my opinion, after owning both an LX470 (kind of like a Sequoia) and a QX56, as well as many other Toyotas & Nissans, you will always be happier with a Toyota product. Check out the brake problems on Google with the Q, it is scary. This dealer service from Nissan/Infinity can't compare to Toyota/Lesxus or even Chevrolet.
This discussion has been closed.