Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Who has the more accurate invoice prices?

residentericresidenteric Member Posts: 14
edited April 2014 in Toyota
Kbb.com and Edmunds.com have different invoice prices on the base RAV4 and I was wondering which is correct? Also are dealers invoices public information? Seems like the dealerships always show me higher invoice prices than what I can find here or Kelly Blue Book.

Comments

• bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Go to www.toyota.com to check out Rav-4 invoice. Just pay attention the ( * ) of whether destination charge is included. Also you can download the brochure that shows all model numbers re different trims.
  • residentericresidenteric Member Posts: 14
    i was asking about invoice not MSRP
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Usually Kelley and Edmunds have identical invoice prices. Kelley gets confusing because they include destination and minimum required equipment in their invoice number while Edmunds considers the correct number to be the base invoice price that a manufacturer charges a franchised dealer.

Adding destination ($745) to the Edmunds invoice price of $20,103 still yields a $215 difference. NADA comes in at $20,839 (I'm picking '09 RAV4s but I may be off on the style when I pick the base model).

Dealer invoices are not public info and dealers have been know to gin up their own invoice sheets to show to consumers.

I'll ask around and see if there's an explanation.
    There's also a $120 value package added to a new Rav4, I don't know if that's something you must purchase the car with. But it seems to be that way if you attempt to build your own Rav4 from the Toyota.com site. So I'm wondering if the invoices from both sites should also include this $120 fee since it looks like you have no option to not buy it.
    Just curious, but are you in one of the "captive" Toyota distribution areas?

*Southeast Toyota (SET): Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina

*Gulf States Toyota (GST): Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas

See the FAQ for more details on that.

I'm not in SET or GST so I was expecting to find matching invoice prices when I looked up the numbers.
    No I'm in New Jersey

Here's a copy/paste from Toyota.com, note that the $125 value package was added automatically, there was no option to remove it.

4x4, 2.5L 4-Cylinder, RAV4, 4-Speed Automatic $22,900

* [FE] 50 state emissions
    * [QV] Base Extra Value Package (4-cylinder models only) (savings of up to $570)-includes 17-in. 5-spoke styled steel wheels with P225/65R17 tires and full-size spare tire on 17-in. steel wheel, Daytime Running Lights (DRL), black roof rails and cross bars, and rear privacy glass (on rear side, quarter and rear door window)

$120

Delivery, Processing & Handling Fee
    $745

View Your Customized eBrochure

View RAV4 Warranty
    MSRP*
    $23,765
    Heh, so they save you $570 while managing to charge you an extra $120? Nice work if you can get it. :)
This discussion has been closed.