Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• thorsthors Member Posts: 35
    Getting closer to making a decision... Have beenworking with a super Internet salesman who really has been working with me. His hardest part has been finding a black with the cashmere interior....tons of titanium interiors though! And with the options we want, we are looking at the CXS as is - no additional options. The ones we were looking to add were sunroof and heads up, but can live without as being told a special order would be necessary.....some of the CXS's have the touring pky which I don't want, so....looking at $33 and change....then the $1000 incentive (taken of course after they add tax,tag etc..)....thoughts?
  • dodgeman07dodgeman07 Member Posts: 574
    $33K and change minus the $1K incentive sounds pretty good for a CXS. You should be able to come in just over $32K out the door.

With the CXS I wouldn't need any options. It comes loaded and the extras are fluff to me. It's personal preference but, I like the titanium interior over the cashmere.

My Lucerne has titanium and my father-in-law's Lucerne has cashmere and he's told me the titanium is his choice too.

Just a thought.
    That's what I was thinking about the $$.....and I also think that about the options....We have a quote for $34,810 WITH the oversized sunroof on the CXS, but the one that will be coming is without the sunroof, so brings it down to approx. $33,810, so ..........

We like the cashmere, but personal preference.....

When we compared what we wanted in the CXL to the CXS....made sense to go with the CXS!
    ;)
  • cbar34cbar34 Member Posts: 9
    You mention a $1000 incentive for the 2010 LaCrosse CXS. I can't find it on Edmunds. Is it something local or a nationwide Buick incentive? I'm about ready to start looking at my local dealers for this car and would appreciate your input on this prior to starting my negotiations.

Thanks, cbar34
    cbar34

I'm in South Florida, so not sure if it's regional or what....It's not on Edmunds...from my understanding, believe it's called conquest?? I have been flexing between the CXL and CXS and it was for either.....

They are slow coming out here - mostly silver with the titanium interior, a couple black with titanium and now starting to see the red with cashmere....

Good luck in your search! I was surprisingly impressed with it.......
  • eaton53eaton53 Member Posts: 356
    http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=156106/pageNumber=1

The editors here are saying this car smote the Lexus ES...
    I have to agree! The others just don't compare. I have visited a-many dealerships lately to do some comparisons before making my final decision and they just don't compare.....we're going to get the 2010 LaCrosse CXS loaded as is - no options.......There is one coming in in about 2 weeks with my configuration and colors I want, so just waiting until tomorrow to see what September deals are....I have been dealing with a great internet salesman and narrowed it down to him after dealing with several......Am very happy with my decision and as I have said before...I have always been a foreign car person, but not this time!! ;)
  • jlcjlc Member Posts: 30
    I like both cars, I driven both. Can I get opinons on which one I should buy and why.
    thanks
    JOE41
    Taurus offers a lot more room. Buick is more upscale.

If you need a large trunk, buy the Ford. But Buick has a better warranty.

I'd buy the Buick IF the price is equal. I'd buy the Taurus if I got a better price on it.

;)
    Thanks, am leaning towards the Buick.
  • The Taurus has a larger trunk. But interior room-wise, the Buick almost seems bigger and roomier. And that in a car that is significantly shorter and lower than the Taurus.
  • savethelandsavetheland Member Posts: 671
    The reason is how dashboard is designed. GM dashboards are more open and curvy. E.g. when I drove Aura it felt like it has nicer and roomier interior than Fusion even though it is not true - Fusion is actually roomier and has higher quality interior. Design is the different story.
  • Regardless, the Buick has more legroom in the back seat than the Taurus, the the LaX has nearly the same interior width,
    I can't imagine Buick will sell many LaCrosse's by claiming it's got "more room" than the Taurus. Buick dealers should tout the warranty and reliability of their cars. That is where the beat Ford.

The Taurus and LaCrosse do have similar passenger compartment volume, but the small trunk in the new LaCrosse puts it in the mid-size class while the Ford is full-size. The LaCrosse has the trunk volume of a compact sedan and if that's not a problem for you, I'd go with the Buick.
  • For me it wouldn't be a problem. The Lacrosse trunk is plenty roomy. The Taurus trunk is huge, but I rarely use a sedan for hauling huge loads of crap. When you look at passenger room, they are not in different classes. I like the trimmer dimensions of the Buick. The new Taurus is as big as ever on the outside, even while decreasing interior room significantly. It now barely makes the full-size category.
    Hey Thors, have you been able to get any information on the 2 ambient light options?

Thanks
    Joe
  • e2helpere2helper Member Posts: 1,002
    What specifically was the question on ambient light options? I didn't see the original post..

(edit: Oh I see you were likely talking about Buick website where there are two accessories ambient lighting features - right?. Those are dealer-installed items. One is illuminated door sills which are shown on last page of the downloadable catalog).
    Yes, I was referreing to the Buick website. So if they are dealer installed, I guess you can buy them and install at anytime?
    Yes I agree - I guess I didn't answer what the other option was :confuse: will have to dig further in website or ask a dealer..
    I found out a bit more. There are three Interior Lighting Accessories
    1 - Illuminated door sills
    2 - Front footwell lighting
    3 - Floor console cup holder lighting

The front footwell lighting must be an enhanced version of the factory lighting which is done with an incandescent bulb.

Have no idea how those are packaged together into what shown in brochure but those are the individual features that should make them up.
    Thanks, I asked Buick to find some cars in my zip. I gave them the trim and options am looking for. They came back with the fact that there seats are heated and ventilated, but not cooled. Also the heads up and blis is not available till later this year. I checked the Traus and they do have heated and cooled seats. Go figure. Not happy about all this, I like the Buick styling better than the Traus but not by much..
    Joe,

I just picked up my CXS Tuesday night and LOVE IT!!!! I can't say for the other model trims, but it's not an option with this one - it just comes with the vehicle and is listed on the sticker under Standard Equip. Interior as custom interior lighting.....

Got the CXS with only added option the Navi....

Can't say enough great things about this vehicle!!! Glad this was my choice!

:)
    Glad you like your purchase thors. Can you fill us in on the colors you went with?

Did you feel like the deal was a good one? I hope..... ;)
    Hey Thors, good luck with your new CXS. I can't wait to drive one. Am still undecided between the CLX & CXS. Have to see how to resolve that. Keep us posted and enjoy the ride.
    Thanks! We are!

Lots of new tech toys for us to set up and enjoy and have to actually read through the manuals! ;)

Only thing so far I can see is that I agree with on critiques is the visibility...because of the shape, it is a little hard to see out of the back window and the front pillars are thick, so when wanting to turn left, you do have to pretty much lean forward to see in front of them then back behind them to make sure you're clear....but nothing that would have changed my mind. I previously had a back up camera in my vehicle, so did love that feature and I have to agree that it does come in handy here....otherwise, nothing else on the con list!! :P

CXL vs CXS.....originally I was going for the CXL with options. What it boiled down to was all my options (except a sunroof which was negotiable) were standard on the CXS so my guy ran the numbers and found that without the sunroof, the price comparision was only $200 more for the CXS.....so at that $$, why not? Depends on what you are looking for in options.....

Overall we are very, very happy and have had quite a few people craning their necks to get a look or second look! And quite a few "what car is that?"

:)
    Yeah, when I do a comparison CXL v CXS on the Buick site I get $800 differance. My problem is I can't find on to check out. Did you get awd? What color in & out?
  • kplacerkplacer Member Posts: 97
    A $200 diff to get the CXS with the proper 3.6L engine instead of the 3.0 seems like a steal.
  • Nothing wrong with a 3.0 with the sort of hp this one has. A few years ago, it would have been top of its class. Yes, yes, I know the Lacrosse is a heavy pig and benefits from even more hp, but really, there is nothing more "proper" about a 3.6 than a 3.0. Until recently, a 3.0 was the biggest you could get in most mid-sizers.
    The 3.0 has been criticized so far for its lack of torque and generally being overmatched in these heavy platforms (not just the LaCrosse but also the Cadillac SRX). Until recently, most mid-sizers were not over 4000 lbs. Plus, the 3.6 has proven itself to be a stout, well-performing engine while the 3.0 is unproven to date. No way would I choose the 3.0 to save $200.
    It's not AWD, black ext/cashmere-cocoa interior.....Here is the breakdown (as I said the sunroof was optional but this does not have the navi as that was not an original option) This was just the comparison showing what we wanted....it was silly not to go for the CXS....navi is the same $ no matter which trim....

Option/Package CXL CXS

Base $30,445 $33,815

Comfort & Convenience# 1 included included
    Inc: Dual Zone A/C, Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror, Bluetooth for Cell phone, Remote Vehicle Start, Universal Home Remote

Comfort & Convenience# 2 $550 included
    Inc: Ultrasonic Park Assist, Memory Settings, Outside Mirros, heated with turn signals and ground illumination.

Luxury Package $1,350 included
    Inc: Leather & Wood Grain heated steering wheel, Perforated and Ventilated Front Seats, Power Rear Sunshade, Key Passive Entry and Keyless Start.

18" Chrome Plated Wheels $650 included

Over-sized Sunroof $995 $995

Entertainment Package $650 included
    Inc: Harmon Kardon 11 Speaker, 5.1 Matrix Surround Sound Stereo System, USB Port for Ipod connection or thumb drive loaded music and 120 Volt Power Oulet, standard household current

$34,640 $34,810
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    A lot of car for the money; enjoy.
  • I would. I don't need the extra power, but the gas savings would be nice. Especially over several years. To each his own.
  • gorphilgorphil Member Posts: 27
    I have examined 20 new LaCrosse cars in the Greater Toronto area and all of them have one or more assembly defects. All of them have the instrument panel installed 1/8" - 3/16" too high on the left side and does not line up with the door trim. On some of them, the front fenders are not flush with the front doors just above the rocker panel.

Does anyone know if there is a service bulletin to dealers on how to correct the instrument panel alignment?

I am ready to buy but am getting tired of making excuses for sloppy GM workmanship. Incidentally, I am a long time GM customer with 21 of my 25 new cars being GM products.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    The LaCrosse seems to have the option pricing under control. They are priced right and not bundled into a crazy package. For example, Zenons are only $695 as a stand alone option, as I recall. At that price anyone over 50 who plans on going out at night should pop for them!

I am still puzzled why you can't get AWD on the most upscale version. Some early posters mentioned that perhaps the AWD drive train couldn't handle the bigger engine. I don't know. Note though that according to the GM web site the more expensive version of the LaCrosse has a different rear suspension. Maybe that is it?

IMHO, a loaded AWD LaCrosse would put a BMW 5 Series to shame and allow you to pocket maybe 20K difference.
    I agree - they do offer packages that make sense and are priced reasonably. I also liked the fact that they "unbundled" the driver confidence package and separated out the parts (although I don't know if they will have the blind spot available as they were having trouble with it last I heard). There is a touring package available on the CXS that offers the different suspension.

I think the hardest part right now is the fact that they are slowly but surely coming into the dealerships, but may or may not have the options you want. When we were looking at possibly having to order one, we were told 6-8 weeks, so don't know if that's still the same right now.....

I have had mine for a week today and have to say couldn't be more pleased! I think as people shop around, what you get in this car compared to some of the other luxury brands speaks for itself. And I like the $$ I paid!
  • bt06bt06 Member Posts: 32
    Does anyone know if Buick will offer leases for the Lacrosse?
    Re: Waiting 6 to 8 weeks.

I've always thought that special ordering a car to your exact specs was the way to go. Sure, the dealer hates it because he isn't going to make a quick, impusle sale that day. But so what? Did the dealer-principal make a hasty decision before he ordered a 30K piece of equipment for the dealership?

Take Zenon. I'll bet that most dealers will order the cars without zenons because then they won't have to sell "up" the feature. I think that anyone who drives at night on two lane roads and/or with middle aged eyes would be nuts not to get zenons.

Take colors. Dealers order cars with "safe' color schemes. The safest interior is black. But IMHO the sharpest interior is a beige or camel with a dark exterior like black. If you want this, you have to order it. Do it. Why settle for a black interior because a transient-salesman thinks it will get dirty faster. (It won't: leather cleans up easily).
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    I confess I always like dark interiors (black, navy blue, midnight blue, charcoal gray) for just that reason, keepin it looking clean...I know if I had beige or white interior, even leather, it would look filthy in no time, and I spend a fair amount of time in a suit and I have no kids and do not eat in the car (iced tea, yes, but no food allowed in my car, so I don't have ketchup stains when the Big Mac leaks)...
    Hey Thors, I like your color combo. I would like to see the White & Gold mist also.
    I went back and worked up the CXL & CXS optioned the way I would like it, and your are correct the difference is about $200. Good luck with it.

Joe
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    Seriously? Do you take calipers with you? Hard to believe anyone would find the same "defects" in 20 different vehicles and actually make it that far. Seems far more likely that if this were the case and a real problem, you would have simply moved on long ago.

Trunk size: Anyone see any issues with golf clubs? Would like to be able to get at least two sets in.
  • I hate black interiors, but have had many, because that is how many cars appear on dealer lots. Black is boring and looks less rich than an interior with at least a couple of shades to break up the expanse. Plus, black shows every speck of dust, and the carpeting never looks clean. Years ago, lighter interiors used to stain, but I have had no such problem recently. And even if you do spill food or drink, it cleans up easily.
  • gened1gened1 Member Posts: 256
    I too question the trunk space in a car able to hold 5 people. If they all go on a trip where do you put the luggage? I understand that the Buick's back seats fold down so if only two golfers then bags could go in that way. Nothing like my current Impala or my previous Ford 500. More like my Solara Convertible's trunk (only the back seats don't fold down.)
    I really like the interior on this one......it's not the interior of black and beige like so many others...it's a nice brown and beige warming it up and making it feel much more upscale as well. :D

Amazing the comparison $$ isn't it?!!

As for "defects" in things lining up etc....everything looks pretty much lined up to me and I agree....1/8"??!! Are you kidding? :P Maybe I'm not so picky, but everything looks pretty good to me! ;)
  • cooterbfdcooterbfd Member Posts: 2,770
    Got 4 sets in mine, but it was not easy. Had to remove a few clubs, put the bags in, then put the few clubs in separately. 2 sets were no problem.

Blkislandguy, where did you order yours from???
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    Altho I have never had one, I think the midnight blue of Cadillac, in the past, was a beautiful color...almost black, but just enough shade to look gorgeous...my friend had an XJ8 with a white cream interior...looks great, but for me, would just never work...and I am generally a neat person (as opposed to messy, the other way to define "neat" is up to your discretion), but light interiors just ain't for Bob...
    Please. All this talk about golf clubs and cross country trips with 5 grey haired people half of whom are on FlowMax is going to ruin the image (and demographic) that Buick is trying to appeal to.

Has anyone ever read on the Audi A6 board how many sets of golf clubs fit in an A6. NO!
    > Has anyone ever read on the Audi A6 board how many sets of golf clubs fit in an A6. NO! <

That's because Germans can't play golf worth a damn... ;)
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    Sorry my man, but I was the one who brought up golf clubs and I'm 32. Lose the stereotypes brother. When someone posts that the trunk is small, I'm gonna ask.
    If the demographics for Buick are the same demographics for the Ford 500 (now the Taurus) and the MKS then we won't see many on the road. Who said 5 grey haired people- how about a family of 4 or 5 on a week trip anywhere? Where can they pack the suitcases/duffels - on the roof? Or is the LaCrosse just an around the town car or day tripper. Many other cars are suitable for that.
    The car companies use the golf club analogy to tout their cars luggage capacity.
    What do German cars have to do with anything? High priced, high maintainence (when the factory contract is up ) High insurance no thanks.
    Don't get me wrong. I might consider an awd LaCrosse in an upcoming car purchase but more and more I realize why I am seeing a big car like the Impala, able to carry six with a big trunk at a $21-25000 price tag including most of the usual amenities, on the road. Value. And the 3.5 liter in my Impala regularly gets over 29MPG on the highway!