Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    6600madison,
    I am truly sorry to hear about the vibration you've described, and we would be happy to get a Service Request established with us so we could hopefully move towards resolving this with you and your dealership. If you are interested in pursuing this, please send us more information in an email, including your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership. My coworker Christina, who answers inbound emails from the Edmunds forum, will advise you as to the next step(s) at that point.

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    Nice of ;;you to input Sarah. I think you may be wrong on the time frame, but I no longer have owners manual to check for sure. I know tires are completely covered, except if you damage, until around 12K. Also to the one with problem, Have the wheels been removed and replaced for any reason?
    Just having a rotation done even? Impact wrenches are the killer of rotors, or more correctly, "Not properly torqueing the wheel nuts." Metal is hard, but not perfectly hard. Those forces applied at the wheel nut spread through the entire assembly with time and result in the warpage that you feel when you brake if not properly torqued. It is not only the rotor that is effected, but the hub that the other end of those studs start in and the wheel itself. I have no data as to the relative hardness of the included components but it would seem the aluminum wheel might be the softest. And if the rotor was extremely hard then the pads might not be able to grab it sufficiently.
    I posted a reply before I read this one. Sounds like you are on the right track. I had such happen because of tire rotation. When I returned to complain, the manager asserted they always hand torqued. I came at the correct moment because just the other side of the glass a mechanic was mounting wheels with an impact wrench. I got new rotors & drums. I had receipts where they were new less than 5K miles earlier and I was not accepting they true, turn my new ones. Those were steel wheels. Today, with the wider tires and aluminum wheels I'd push for them too!
    The Lacrosse was a replacement the Malibu. Would you take another Malibu after such life threatening experiences? And if they can't fix the current one why would you think better of another?
    This is not a reflection on the dealer because I've learned the dealers are tied as to what GM allows or instructs them to do.
    And in my searching, looking at Lincoln MKS's, I've won every bet because of GM's handling of an issue. It was discussed earlier in this forum and a few of you got the real fix. I did not. It seems GM decided it was costing them too much and they no longer replace those mounts on the rear shocks holding the protective boot in place.
    If any of you doubt me or have questions concerning others comments about me, check this one item. Especially if you are shopping.
    On every 2010 and newer Lacrosse, if it has as little as 600 miles in my experience, the protective boots on the rear shocks will have fallen down and they require new mounts. Rather small issue compared to the other problems I had but GM refusing to replace something that will effect the life of the rear shocks sums up GM's attitude toward every problem I had.
    Torque converter is very unlikely. It and other parts inside the transmission all spin when in neutral, no clutches engaged. But there could be some issues associated from the transmission. Particularly at the output where the CV shaft plugs in, such as causing a wobble.
    Struts should show other signs of issues, especially on different road surfaces. But I have heard claims of drivers bending the stabilizer bar. I can only imagine what sort of forces were applied.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    Well it was only an example. It could be a bad motor or trans mount too. It could also be something like an exhaust component rubbing up against something. My point was that a vibration can come from many different areas and it seems as if the OP's dealer on investigated the likely source.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

Madison and Chief. When we get the problem from hell, there sure are a lot of doubting Thomas'.
    Can you say it is from front or rear? Isolating to one or the other eliminates or includes drive components.
    They showing you another with the problem does not mean it is not a problem. Only that they are good at creating it.
    Did the rebalancing, rotation, new tires, etc. make any difference?
    Something that should have shown up with RFB would be warped rims/wheels. One thing I've learned over the years is that problems often come from the last work done. Your wheels have been off the vehicle so often, I'd certainly scrutinize them.
    But without further guessing, can you relate more of the problem. Describe relative to speed, cold and warm tires or air temperature, the type of surface and condition, etc. Does it come and go at certain speeds or all speeds. Do you have touring package with full time electronic suspension?
    GM should be volunteering to do almost unworldly things for you as a matter of customer satisfaction. I've heard from two former GM salesmen. One retired, suggested anything but GM truck. The other said he quit GM sales because he could no longer stomach looking customers in the eye. He now works at the same owners, one of their other brand lots.
    And if the service calls it a lemon, yet you hang in there hoping for a good outcome, what would you call that? (It was not brand loyalty)
    I've owned four Buicks. My first car was a Buick Skylark convertible, used. It had GM's failure at an aluminum engine, a 215 CI V8. My next was a 74 LaSabre, used. It was poorly maintained I learned. A head cracked and I started to replace. After pulling the intake manifold I discovered dinosaurs had been living or crapping inside. I closed it up and said goodbye. Next was a 94-93 Regal with 3.1. It blew upper intake gasket dumping coolant in oil. Repaired, we kept it a number of years and passed it to daughter. Shortly after it blew something again, perhaps head gasket. She got rid of it. You know the story of my last one and from a customer standpoint of quality that is why I wish they still built Oldsmobiles.
  • navychief3navychief3 Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2012
    It appears that you have the same vibration problem that I have been fighting for over a year to no avail. I am so disgusted because Buick/GM will not do more than change tires and balance,I am on my third(3rd)set of tires and 6 roadforce balance on my 2011 Lacrosse CXS...purchased in November 2010, and I only have 5800 miles on the car. I have been to four different dealerships and some can feel the vibration, some can't or say they can't feel the vibration!! I sent a certified letter to Brian Sweeney,VP of Buick sales/service back in April,2011,customer service contacted me and said to get it back to the dealership..I did,four more trips,more new tires(michelin), more road force balance..the problem is still there..this is my 9th new GM vehicle since 1992. I have been to dealerships 15 times. GM has won, they say if they can't duplicate your problem, they can't fix it. My wife can feel the vibration in the passenger seat,I feel it in the accelerator,my leg and seat.It aggravates me to drive the car,hence only 5800 miles in 14 months,I drive my 2001 2500HD which rides smoother. Let me know of your outcome? John.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    Did they reset the alignment?

The technicians in 03 used a vibration sensor device that can detect the vibrations and give the frequency so that it can be matched to various sources that are rotating based on the frequency and harmonics of the rotating parts. If your wife can feel it, the sensor can feel it. The sensor itself can be attached to steering column, seat tracks, instrument panel framework, e.g.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

I understand your feeling. And just want it fixed. But your input of the symptoms could have immeasureable value. The technician has your vehicle for a short time and though he may have recognized your complaint he won't have the day in and out experience to guide him.
    Putting your experience here might be good practice and you might find guidance to hone in on the problem. Good Luck and fire away.
  • fedupwithgm3fedupwithgm3 Member Posts: 3
    It's still open as of 2/8/2012: 71-1027720494.

The dealership is undergoing some training issues and management problems/changes in the Service Department, which is part of the problem.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    fedupwithgm3,
    Thank you for your reply. I looked into your case and see your agent spoke with the dealer today while you were there. I recommend continuing to work with your agent regarding your concerns. The agent is looking into their resources and should be in contact with you soon. I apologize for your inconvenience and frustrations. Thank you for giving us the opportunity work with you and correct your concerns.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • fedupwithgm3fedupwithgm3 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for looking into this. My 2012 Buick Lacrosse AWD has been in the shop a total of about 27 days so far. The car has many times more hours in the shop than on the road. After five trips to the dealer, they have now installed a complete new rear differential, managed to put a dent in the left rear door, and got grease on the console and carpet in the drivers compartment. Maybe I'll get the car back early next week to see if it finally runs right. This is "Professional Grade?"
    After you get it fixed, bring the GM of the dealer over to your car and request a full detail "on the house"

A long time ago on my 2003 Avalon, they had to replace the sunroof tracks. The car had light ivory interior. When I got it back that night the car had dirt, grease and fingerprints all over.

I went in calmly and asked to speak with one of the sales managers. I showed him the car, and immediately paged a detail man and had the entire interior cleaned/detailed.

Looking back you will see where the dealer, then I, tried to get info from GM as to which portable HDD actually worked via the USB port. The dealer could not get an answer so he could determine if it was a problem with my vehicle. GM never gave me an answer either.
    That same drive without any changes plugged into my 2010 MKS happily started playing and indexing the music files.
    Albeit, it only plays the MP3's and gives me a message concerning other formats. But it at least works where it did not with Buick. Shame on you Buick. Almost six months have passed and you have obviously chosen to ignore.
    E_Net. You obviously had serious issues with your LaCrosse. GM bought it back and you are still on here to bash them. Frankly, to judge a car because a HDD doesn't interface properly isn't going to matter to anyone. I bought a 16GB thumb stick for mine. It works fine, if it didn't I would return it and try another or do a search for one that DOES work. There are compatibility issues with hardware ALL THE TIME. I'm sure the engineers tried to make the system work with as many devices as possible.

Please, enjoy your MKS I hope it plays all your MP3s and provides you with many miles of driving enjoyment. The LaCrosse forum isn't very active here, but doesn't need the whining... "OOOOOHHH my MKS plays my HDD better than my (bought back) LaCrosse.

• crankeeecrankeee Member Posts: 298
    tjc: Agree 100% with your comments regarding constant bashing. Seems that once a person returned TWO cars they would move on and bash their new replacement victim.
    Our 2010 Lacrosse CXL with 3.0L V-6 has been a great car after ~14,000 miles. We felt fortunate to be able to afford such a nice feature packed car that gets fantastic MPG fora 4000 pound large comfortable safe car. We expect minor problems with any product designed and assembled by mere humans. Buick gets 28-29 on highway at speed limit- pretty good.
    We recently bought a 2012 Sonata to replace another older GM model that gave us 14 years and 114,000 miles of service, with some problems of course. The sonata is awell made car also. It is not a mid $30's buick with leather heated seats and many options, but it is a good car so far and addresses the higher gas cost with 24/35 EPA ratings and actual better on the highway.
    Conclusion: We have many choices to buy good reliable value added cars and should be thankful we can afford them- so enjoy - don't gripe!
    "OOOOOHHH my MKS plays my HDD better than my (bought back) LaCrosse. That is your interpretation, not mine.
    Do you know anyone who can actually say it works as said? Yes this is relatively low for some people and apparently so for GM, as are the seats/memory and a lot of other things.
    My point is, "is GM going to fix the problems?" or are they just going to add a bit of enticing glitz such as Pandora.
    The MKS is not perfect, but at least the seat memory works like for real. Seat does not move until I hit the start button. At that time the steering wheel, mirrors, etc. all move to my preset position.
    While I was out shopping, I ran across a lot of used Lacrosse, 2010 & up. Way too many for a car that is supposed to be so fantastic in an economy like this.
    I also won every (small) bet I made on them. For those who got their rear upper shock mounts replaced because of the fallen boots, you were lucky. By time I got in they refused, did not see it as a problem. That is GM did not see it as a problem, nor any of the other many things that were bad/not working.
    My opinion, now that you have prompted me in that direction, is that GM has major problems. To get anything fixed, attention has to be called. GM, taking the position of not fixing anyting, or very little, seems to be that you bought it, you own it, take it somewhere else to get it fixed.
    So for those of you who lucked up with getting a perfect one, I'd say heads up. When things go wrong you might find that warranty is not worth much.
    Good Luck to all.
    I'll be around.
    I have yet to learn how FLM is doing in the warranty area this time around.
    I'm a pretty critical car owner. I've had a disaster of a GM vehicle that would make your LaCrosse experience seem pale in comparison. That was well over ten years ago. I hope I continue to be "lucky" with my LaCrosse. Every single feature (I have everything except the "Touring" suspension and rear entertainment) works as designed. The NAV, USB port, seat memory etc. The only MINOR complaint is the fact you have to hold down the memory button for the seat/mirrors to return to the preset. It's not a deal breaker either way.

I ran across a lot of used Lacrosse, 2010 & up. Way too many for a car that is supposed to be so fantastic in an economy like this.

That means nothing. It could be short term leases, fleet sales, repos, etc. There is nothing to suggest that LaCrosse is a problem child or a car that isn't recommended due to reliability.

is that GM has major problems

Every car manufacurer has "problems" GM has had their share and don't think for one minute that Ford/Lincoln doesn't either.

• rainman5542rainman5542 Member Posts: 114
    My 2010 is flawless. Would I change anything? Only the crippled BlueTooth implementation. My address book needs to download so I can select from my car's larger display screen.

Mine is a loaded [$39k] CXS REPLACED A 2009 Mercedes E350. Never looked back.

Enough whinning already.
    Was the address book thing something they changed with the 2012s. Mine downloads the address book and I can select it right on the screen.

• dodgeman07dodgeman07 Member Posts: 574
    My 2011 Lacrosse, purchased new last summer, is perfect in every respect. I have had zero problems with anything.

I highly recommend the Lacrosse to anyone. It is a solidly built, roomy, attractive car that should deliver many years of problem-free ownership.

This is my 3rd Buick and I speak from experience.
    edited February 2012
    Sorry to hear you have what seemed to be a common problem on some of the 2010, address book download.
    It would seem that could have been fixed with an update.
    That was not a problem with the early 2011 I had. Does yours have the USB port or was that a 2011 change with full navigation system only.
    You say loaded, does that mean it includes H-arm suspension? There were big changes as to its availability/inclusion with time. By the time I bought, it was a package with full time electronic suspension and 19" BadYear. I can not help but wonder what it might have been like with Michelin. And a fine tuning of the suspension, maybe more user selectable modes besides normal or sport.
    If someone does such a change with tires, I'd appreciate your reply.
    The BT is less "problem" and more design decision. BT can be implemented a la carte.

I have the Touring Pkg with 19" wheels and "Continuously Varaible Real Time Dampoing and Sport Mode Selectivity" per the sticker.

Production date is 6/1/10 and the USB port was standard.

Sticker of $39,740
    No, it also worked in my early 2011, and worked well, which is why I wonder why they were not able to do a software update to 2010. I don't think there was a major hardware change at that point, but I do wonder if maybe one occurred going to 2012 where they added the use of Nuance software for voice control. If the older units had the capability of working the Nuance program, then it would be conceivable that they update all. (But bet they won't)
    If you cruise forums, you will see there are quite a few that had been disappointed by the phone not showing the list, especially 2010. Most were told by GM it was there phone, but it was not. I too had such experiences with bad answers from GM people. I'd say it up to the individual if you want fact. Changes are happening, especially on this vehicle, so often that it makes it hard to keep up, even for GM professionals.
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    edited March 2012
    Driving my 2011 CXS has become as comfortable as wearing an old pair of shoes. I sit behind the steering wheel push ignition button and voila the engine roars to life. Put the car in reverse and my backup camera gives the all clear signal to back out of my garage. This has been my daily routine for the last 18 months with my Buick LaCrosse.

The car has been flawless, quiet and smooth as the first day I drove it off the dealership parking lot. No squeaks, no rattles, no torque steer. I have been averaging about 18.5 MPG as I do mostly city driving and on one tank-full I got a disappointing 13 MPG. Perhaps due to driving my 330-pound brother to physical therapy. I know weight is a problem to the airlines but I didn’t think it had such a dramatic effect on cars.

All in all I am very happy with my LaCrosse. It looks brand new inside and out (still has the new car smell) and after 12,000 glorious miles of driving bliss I have no reportable conditions. Wow! what a feeling.
    I'm so happy to hear that you're having such a great experience in your LaCrosse! If we can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to send us an email at the address located in my profile here on the forum.

Many more blissful miles,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    If we can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to send us...

Sarah, since you asked, it would be a nice gesture to send me a gas card as petrol prices are so high these days. In the Boston area Shell premium is selling at $4.20 a gallon. If that trend continues pretty soon I'll have to hitch a ride with my wife or the neighbor.
    edited March 2012
    The new Azera has finally arrived and here is what a poster said about the new Azera in comparison to the LaCrosse
    http://www.hyundai-forums.com/188-azera-forum/137063-2012-azera-11.html
    “..There’s definitely some resemblance (in profile especially) to the Buick LaCrosse, a direct competitor, but the Hyundai looks sleeker and less slab-sided. It’s also nicer inside, and my immediate thought is that the Azera presents a host of problems for Buick’s flagship sedan.

Both cars are attractive and roomy, but the Buick’s instrument panel is a jumble of poorly arranged, indistinguishable buttons (this problem extends to Buick’s smaller sedans as well). The Azera is better in this respect, with more logically organized controls cascading down the center stack. Like the Genesis Coupe, the USB/AUX jacks are hidden behind a door at its base, but the spacious cubby is big enough to hold your phone, the required cables, as well as some other odds and ends, and let you close the door to keep it all out of sight….

…The new Hyundai Azera is brilliantly executed: elegant, comfortable, user-friendly and very enjoyable to drive. It’s a well-defined step up from the Sonata, a better “near-Lexus” than the Buick Lacrosse,and it has a lot more panache than the Toyota Avalon.”
  • joelippard3joelippard3 Member Posts: 18
    Oh My I can't believe they would compare that thing to a Lexus or a Buick. When I googled photos of it and saw the instrument panel and dashboard I at first thought the center stack bore a similarity to Darth Vader's Mask. I've never heard of Carstood.com until now. It would be interesting to see what the more reputable people, such as MT, C&D, think. I'm sure it's a nice and well built vehicle but I don't view it in the same category of prestige.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029
    Really, that's exactly what I would expect from a bunch of Hyundai fanboys. That forum site is possibly the home base of all the Hyundai cheerleader trolls that infest every other automotive forum on the net. Hyundai cannot touch the intrinsic qualities of cars like the Lacrosse despite how many geegaws they tack on. It's like buying a Walmart knockoff version of something.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

edited April 2012
    Well it didn't take long. I just received an email from GM to update my 2011 LaCrosse GPS. However, for the 2011 it is showing two update disks:

2012 Global A High Nav Disc part # 22827639 for $199.99 and
    2011 SRX/Lacrosse/Terrain/Equinox/Regal/Volt/Cruze part # 20977834 for $199.99

I am unclear if you need both disks or just one. If so, which one? For model year 2012 it is showing only one disk (part # 22827639) though.

Since I also have OnStar turn-by-turn navigation does it make sense to buy the upgrade disk/s?
    Good morning bwia,

My best recommendation would be to call the number provided for the Navigation Disc Center (877-628-3472) as I don't have the resources available to me to answer this question. I'm sorry about that!

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • crankeeecrankeee Member Posts: 298
    bwia: We have a 2010 Lacrosse CXL with 3.0L V-6 and a 2012 Sonata GLS with 2.5L I-4. both beautiful functional vehicles. Lacrosse is a $30's level car and the Sonata is a low $20's car with lots of value for the price. The Lacrosse is the most quiet car we have ever driven in. Interior is first class and the mileage & driveability with our small V-6 is oustanding. high 20's MPG on the highway with regular fuel. Luxury car for reasonable price.
    The Sonata is much different as to the price and therefore the amenities. Great value and many options included. No leather seats, dual climate control and other features but all the basics and more. Great driver with 24-25 MPG city and 34-37 highway. The Azera will fill the gap for those willing to pay more.
    Great cars and great choices available to us. Enjoy.
  • alisonmcgeealisonmcgee Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 Buick LaCrosse with 32,000 miles. I am experiencing a similar vibration (felt in stearing wheel) at 70+mph. Noticed it first last summer when I bought custom 20" rims/tires, the firmer tires exaggerated the problem more. My car has been at dealer for 35 days now. They've done nothing but loosen/tighten motor mounts, switch tires around, road force balance. Have your issues been addressed yet? :sick:
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    alisonmcgee,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. Have you spoke with Customer Assistance yet? Please feel free to email me with your VIN, involved dealer and contact information (including a description of your concerns) and I will look into this further for you. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    SocialMedia@GM.com
    edited April 2012
    I lost my cell phone and I am in the market for a replacement. I am considering the iPhone 4 S and the Samsung Galaxy S II. Both phones seem very attractive and are available at a discounted upgrade price on the AT&T network. However, I am leaning toward the iPhone.
    My questions are: does the iPhone 4S work as advertised? For example, can I really start my LaCrosse from a remote location? And if I use the Siri function does the audio go through the car speakers? And finally, are there any Bluetooth integration problems synchronizing the iPhone to the car?

On the other hand the graphics in the android-based Galaxy S II is great indoors but I am not sure how it holds up in direct sunlight. Also, how trouble-free is the Galaxy? Are there any Gremlins out there frustrating users? And how trouble-free are the apps on the open source android platform?
    Any and all comments are much appreciated.
    I certainly am in favor of buttons that are easily identified by touch which would be tied to location. Obviously the end game is voice commands, but in the meantime, if there are buttons---fix.
    The HUD is one thing that should become universal in vehicles. Taking your eyes off the road is a danger situation. HID steerable, autodimming headlights are a big plus in my experience. Much brighter and don't bother oncoming traffic. The steerable puts light where you need it.
  • edsusaedsusa Member Posts: 2
  • edsusaedsusa Member Posts: 2
    From reading some of the posts, it seems that some GM customer service reps. monitor the posts. Could one of them contact me off line about a potential safety issue. I am not sure where the problem is, so I don't want to start a general discussion at this time.
  • mcd2515mcd2515 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    I'm look at buying a used 2010 Lacrosse but I've seen some serious issues on this and other forums. No one ever says if Buick resolved their issues. Can anyone tell me if solutions we're found for vibration issues and the vehicle pulling to the left. From the posts it didn't sound as though Buick found real fixes for any of the issues .
  • adpcsadpcs Member Posts: 59
    I have a 2010 with 41,000 miles on it, and have never experienced the problems that you have mentioned. In fact, its been one of the nicest and smoothest cars i have driven.
  • joelippard3joelippard3 Member Posts: 18
    Same here, my 2010 has been praised for it's smoothness by many passengers. There is one particular poster on here who has posted many negative comments about this car. Many of the rest of us have been highly satisfied so you have to filter through that. Having said that I will also add that the Goodyear tires that come with the touring package are not the best, mine are beginning to cup at 27k miles. I really feel that Buick should have sent these upper level Lacrosse's out with Michelins on them. As with any used car purchase you should get it checked out thoroughly, buy from a reputable dealer, and make certain you have good warranty coverage, especially if you get one that's loaded with all the goodies and electronics. As reliable as they are, that stuff can go out anytime. I think you would owe it to yourself to drive several different Lacrosse's with and without the touring package to decide what is best for you. Personally I found that particular model to be the smoothest of them all with the electronic suspension system.
    There is a good chance he is referring to me with issues, since mine is like they saved all the defective parts and built it. But there are others, and I'll bet you that I can tell you a defect on any of them you look at. I've looked at at least thirty that all had this issue. You might think it minor, but GM/Buick obviously don't give a rip anymore. They fixed some of the early cases by replacing defective part, but by time I approached them they would not and that was the case with nearly all issues I had.
    You can check what I mentioned very easily since you don't even have to get into vehicle. At the rear wheel, look behind it for the rear shock. The upper portion of the shock itself is supposed to be protected from the environment by a protective rubber boot held in place by the upper shock mount. They all seem to fall out in just a couple of thousand miles, hence that shiny chromed rod collects debris or corrosion leading to early failure of the shock. I can not speak for 2012 models, but 2010 & 2011 have this issue. Might seem minor, but I mention it as it is so easy to notice, and represents the amount of care that GM seems to have of many issues.
    As to smooth ride, only if the surface is like glass. (touring package). Among salemen, "A seat for every [non-permissible content removed], and a [non-permissible content removed] for every seat." That is I wish to mention the seat since it is a pretty basic item. I've found this to be true of all GM and Chrysler models that have available cooled seats. (Just because the seats are not cooled, it does not mean they did not use the same seat)
    On short rides you likely will not notice, but rides over an hour were a problem for me. I frequently wear jeans and at first I thought the areas where the pockets or other seams were sown were causing pressure points leading to discomfort. On a couple of long drives I made a point of wearing slacks that were quite smooth and although better, I was still feeling something, sort of like sitting on several marbles, maybe. Can I say, "Pain in the [non-permissible content removed]?" Did it. Then I suspected the heating wires in the seat. Finally I come across a review by one of the well known car magazines expressing their findings of cooled seats. They just are not comfortable as regular seats was their finding. Apparently they have to remove much of the prior used material so that air can be forced through. My conclusion was that I was feeling the heating wires and maybe even the springs or whatever they used in place of normal padding. When I got rid of the lemon, I looked at Cadillac coupe and Chrysler 300 in show room. After a few hard bounces on seat to settle in, I concluded they had same issue. Having decided to try to have a Detroit name, that only left Ford. I drove a demo Fusion with 5K miles and concluded it had been driven by a someone weighing 400# and all of it down railroad ties. No cushion left in that seat. And it was not a cooled seat, maybe the cheap option since it was cloth. I went next door to the Mazda, Lincoln Mercury dealer. Climbed into an MKS. Gave the seat the same workout. Wait a minute, let's try this again. Damned, seems they got it right! Check it yourself, please.
    I ended up buying a 2010 low mileage. I can not speak to the back seat since I rode in neither, but a cousin of mine did. Round trip from Chatanooga to central Wisconsin. Both seem to have roomy back seats. The Lacrosse was summer and the Lincoln was February. When I dropped her back after the last trip, she commented, "That is the smoothest, most comfortable ride I've ever been on!" I asked, "Better than the Buick?" She replied, " Oh yes, by far!" From the front seat, I agree. Now approaching 30K, I can tell you the passenger seat is better than the driver, but it is seldom used. And the driver is still very comfortable.
    Is it a perfect car? No. I find the carpetting of low quality. The 2010 3.7L lacks the power of the GM 3.6L and a bit weaker on gas mileage. (3.7 revamped in 2013, but still not direct injection. There is the turbo 3.5 option available.) I know nothing of the new MKS, turboed, electronic suspension, etc. Comparing what I know, Lacrosse with touring is quite tight on handling, if you like hanging curves like a cat clawing into the pavement. But not to be done on anything but dry great roads. (This assumes that somehow you steering linkage does not get screwed up)
    Some options were not available on 2010 that were introduced in phases, not annual updates, over a period of time. So don't assume that available options are the same from one vehicle to the next. Complaints of function with bluetooth/Nav not working or not available for early but changes for latter fixed or added functionality. External HDD would not work, plugged to USB port, in 2011 Buick, but works perfectly in 2010 MKS.
    Certified vehicle might be a consideration. Costs a little more, maybe. Likely better warranty coverage, if the coverage is any good. I don't know what GM did with all the bailout money, or even the portion that was for honoring warranties.
    Good Luck
  • lacrossesoakedlacrossesoaked Member Posts: 87
    My 2005 LaCrosse, like so many others of that vintage, has a steering problem which GM has known about from "day one" yet GM refuses to issue a recall. GM customer service: IF you spend your own money to determine IF your vehicle is worthy of post-warranty GM service, and indeed it is determined your vehicle has the steering problem, GM may or may not, at its discretion, decide to pay for any/all of the repair costs. This is my main gripe with GM: if they knew about a problem (steering), they should have issued a recall instead of letting its customers twist in the wind. Never again will my feet cross the threshold of a GM dealership.
    My CXS with Touring Pkg and GoodYear Eagle RSAs is smooth as my past Mercedes E series.
  • mcd2515mcd2515 Member Posts: 2
    the car I'm looking at still has a lot of the factory warranty left, but my concern is weather or not there was ever a real fix for all these problems or if Buick will just keep putting a band-ad on them tell my warranty is out.
  • dodgeman07dodgeman07 Member Posts: 574
    mcd2515 is referring to an entirely different car. Starting in MY2010, the Lacrosse was an all new model.

My 2011 Lacrosse has 11,000 miles on it now and has been perfect in every respect.
    but my concern is weather or not there was ever a real fix for all these problems

Can you give an example of the problems to which you refer? I have a 2011 CXS with the Touring Package and it has been bullet proof. To make these disparaging comments without evidence is disingenuous to say the least.