Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• Options
    poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    I don't have a GM bluetooth system, but on both my Honda and Nissan the only way to click over to the inbound call is by using the handset.
  • Options
    bt06bt06 Member Posts: 32
    Hello all, purchased a CXL last Saturday, now wishing I had gotten the sunroof but oh well. Got it for about $500 under invoice with rebate for my options. Anyway I made an error and assumed the vehicle came with Xenon HID. I thought the "directional HID, with pop up feature" were the upgrade, but base was Xenon HID. I found out as soon as I got in the garage that they are regular halogen. Anyone done an aftermarket upgrade to Xenon HID? If so where did you find the lights and who did it? If you don't mind sharing what was the cost. The dealership is taking way too long to answer my question.

Another question anyone know how to stop the doors from locking when you shift into gear? Don't want to get locked out at AutoBell...thanks for any info!
  • Options
    doc15doc15 Member Posts: 37
    Yes, that works. Thank You
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    >Another question anyone know how to stop the doors from locking when you shift into gear?

Look in owners manual. It's probably one of settings in DIC that can be changed (driver information center). On mine I push two buttons for 5 seconds and it goes into the settings, one group for each of the two drivers. Many things can be turned on and off. I know unlocking doors when put into Park can be turned off, obviously a security advantage in unsavory areas of town. So I'd guess not locking doors going into Drive would be there also.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    asctonyasctony Member Posts: 46
    Well I have no idea of what has happened. Here it is months later and today I plugged my iPhone into the USB port and tried to listen to my music. NO GO!
    I can click through FM, AM and SAT but do NOT see AUX. I tried CD/AUX button to the left of the Configuration Round big Button. I tried everything and still cannot get AUX. When I press CD/AUX I only get CD and I don't have a CD in the player so I get No CD Loaded.

Anyone have a fix for this? Worked fine for months and now..........
    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
  • Options
    This might help. Choose CONFIG on center console, then use SELECT button to choose VEHICLE SETTINGS. Press SELECT. Turn knob to POWER DOOR LOCKS. Press SELECT and choose whatever option you want. Then just another button to exit.
  • Options
    Thanks for your input. However, there is no selection option for Aux/iPod. Here are the options as shown in UM page 4-38.
    The following list of menu items will
    be available:
    . Climate and Air Quality
    . Comfort and Convenience
    . Collision/Detection Systems
    . Language
    . Lighting
    . Power Door Locks
    . Remote Lock/Unlock/Start
    . Return to Factory Settings

Still do not know what happened and how to correct. Will call the dealership tomorrow.
  • Options
    cooterbfdcooterbfd Member Posts: 2,770
    OK stupid question. Are you sure the iphone was plugged in properly, that the usb cord is good, and that the radio or iphone was on???
  • Options
    Yes, to all the questions. In fact I tried 2 different USB cords and I know both are good since I tried them on my PC, too. Radio was on and went through AM, FM, XM (Sat). Before I could go through AM, FM, Xm and Aux even when USB was not connected. Thanks for trying to help, I do appreciate it. I will post final outcome.
  • Options
    kjs8kjs8 Member Posts: 53
    I have had my CSX for a month now and this is an incredible car. The nav/stereo is awesome, CD's on hard drive especially, Backup camera is great even though I don't trust it yet, quite ride, minimal wind noise with sunroof open, HID and interior lighting, comfortable seating. Things I have noticed; needs interior trunk release, shift lever seems too far back to shift comfortably and I'm 6ft, seat memory requires operator to hold down select button until seat stops moving rather than touch and it goes to programmed setting, sunroof doesn't close automatically with ignition off. I most notice that the drivers door panel does not align with the dash and there is a wide gap at this point. Passenger door seems to align much better than drivers side. These are small things, but so far it's the best. 20MPG in town on first tank. I have had so many positive comments from friends and business associates that this is really a Buick. Has anyone heard anything more about a software change to allow the use of your bluetooth cell phone directory in the Nav on outgoing calls? Just a great car....
  • Options
    lacrossesoakedlacrossesoaked Member Posts: 87
    Are you sure it does not have an interior trunk release? I have a 2005 and the trunk release is on the rocker switch on the door: one position locks/unlocks the doors, the other position pops the trunk.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Update: 03/09/2010 Went to the dealership to have them correct the problem with my Radio not showing AUX option. When they entered my VIN number into the GM Vehicle Inquiry System I received the following GM Vehicle Inquiry System Summary.
    Required Field Actions (Service Updates)

Type Number Description Posted Date
    YT 09279 Trans Shift Cable Engagement Inspection 10/16/2009
    YT 09295 Power Steering (PS) Fluid Leak at PS Pump 11/09/2009
    YT 09319 Battery Drain 12/08/2009

Service Information Items
    EI 10009 Chemical Damage on Inner Surfaces Fuel Tank 02/03/2010
    EI 10030 Keyless Access System Passive Entry-Start
    Key Fob Inoperative (PIE0050) 02/19/2010

If anyone hears or finds something different or additions to this, please post for others.
  • Options
    Update: 03/09/2010 Went to the dealership to have them check out why my Aux (iPhone/iPod) not be recognized or the radio system not showing AUX as an option when I pressed CD/AUX. It took them 2 hours to fix the problem and I was told that they had to re-program the radio console. Apparently they have some info on this, even though they knew nothing about this problem and 4 people were totally stumped when I asked and showed them what I thought was the problem. They tried to say it was my USB cable, then my USB port, then …… Well not it is working and I will find out more as to what it was on Thursday when I get a report on the problem in writing.
  • Options
    "......Has anyone heard anything more about a software change to allow the use of your bluetooth cell phone directory in the Nav on outgoing calls? "

No need for a software change. I never bothered w/ that as I don't have any voice dialing set up in my cell. My father does, and he bought a CXL w/o nav.

Anyhow, (page 6-56, Voice Pass thru) Press the voice button on the steering wheel. You will hear a beep. AFTER the beep say " Hands Free". The system should say "ready", then you say "Bluetooth". The next prompt will be "Bluetooth Ready". You say "Voice", and then follow your cellphone's procedure to dial the voice activated number (ie. "Home" or "Mom" or "Wife", etc)
  • Options
    I was thinking that the bluetooth connection between the car and my cell would allow me to download my cell phone name / number list to the hard drive so that it could be scrolled through on the nav screen to make a selection to autodial an outgoing call. I wasn't thinking of the voice command dialing feature from my cell as I do not use that feature at all.
  • Options
    I would think that if that option were available, it would have to be physically downloaded (via a USB cord) to the hard drive. AFAIC the bluetooth is just a replacement for the earbud thingy.
  • Options
    Update 03/11/2010 - On my 2010 CXS my USB would not register the AUX on RAdio. Took it in and the Cause was 6C Component - Inoperative.
    The dealer had to reprogram the multimedia player pi 0055. Now works like a charm.
  • Options
    Update 03/11/2010 - On my 2010 CXS I went to the dealership and they had a Required Field Action: 'YT09319 Battery Drain' open for my car. That is the apparent cause of my battery going dead as I previoulsy posted. They had to Reprogram the Keyless Entry Module.
    Talking to the Service Manger, this is a problem if you have the Keyless Lock/remote. If you lock you car and leave it for a period of time (unknown how long), the Keyless Entry Module continuously looks for the remote and finally drains the battery.
    Anyone who has this option could have this problem if you locked your car for days.

Get this done or else you will be SOL. Dead Battery.

My question was why didn't we get notified about this? Why can't OnStar put out this info when they check you car monthly? They have your VIN and they should be able to access the DataBase. I tried to do a Google search for 'Required Field Actions', 'GM Vehicle Inquiry System', etc., and could not find any of these RFAs listed on the Internet.

It would be nice if you could go into the GM Vehicle Inquiry System by VIN and see this. That would allow all of us to ensure that our cars are clean/safe without any problems.
    Does anyone know how we could get this done by GM?
    Comments/Suggestions?
  • Options
    "......If you lock you car and leave it for a period of time (unknown how long), the Keyless Entry Module continuously looks for the remote and finally drains the battery."

That explains alot. They did this when I brought it in for an oil change, but I never experienced it.

But then again, I never lock the doors, either... :blush:
  • Options
    Follow up

Baffle and entire exhaust system changed by dealer. Noise and loud sounds now gone. 4700 miles now car running fine.
  • Options
    jhosfordjhosford Member Posts: 3
    Just came back from a 600 mile trip and was getting 28 to 29.5 mpg on the road. Have had the car, a 2010 Lacrosse for two months and have 1000 miles on it. I could even get 30.5 if I drove 65 mph, but who drives at that speed these days. So at 70/75 I was able to get the mpg stated above. I am so impressed especially when you consider the weight of the vehicle.(apprx 4000lbs). My moms Camry does not get that kind of mileage. Good for GM....Could not be happier with the car.
  • Options
    I drive 66 mph...and in a 2 hour trip I actually pass several vehicles. Plus, a few less miles per hour gives you a greater margin of safety among the 30+ % of drivers out there who are terrible, unskilled and untrainable drivers but still think they are good ones. ;)
  • Options
    gorphilgorphil Member Posts: 27
    Does anyone know of any changes that will be made to the LaCrosse for 2011?
  • Options
    niffazniffaz Member Posts: 1
    Just took delievery of my much anticipated 2010 Lacrosse CXS, top of the line.
    Onstar not functional after set up. No power to the mirror. Navigation not functional. The rear DVD system only allows a DVD to begin play if in park. Can't change DVD's while driving. This was the option that had use waiting three and a half months. All of which was discovered 20 minutes in to a 12 hour drive from Phoenix to San Francisco.
    I'm not really looking for answers or advice, just wanted to [non-permissible content removed]!
  • Options
    So sorry. It is just like when a new computer doesn't work right. How frustrating. But you know, it is probably a minor programming glitch. Once they clear this up, I bet you will love your car.
  • Options
    jobesjobes Member Posts: 2
    Look into this override http://www.coastaletech.com/
  • Options
    gened1gened1 Member Posts: 256
    edited March 2010
    I saw recently that there will not be any more 3.0 L motors except in china after 2010. The AWD will migrate to the 3.6L chassis and motor. Has anyone else heard or read this?
  • Options
    Yes. The 3.0 goes bye bye, and the 3.6 is available with the AWD.
  • Options
    poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    So what will the remaining motor options be and what power outputs do each offer?
  • Options
    dslongdslong Member Posts: 10
    Now, with less than two months of ownership CD player has stopped working. One trip to the dealer to try and reprogram the system, no luck. Had to order and install new radio....wondering what next!
  • Options
    My monthly OnStar Diagnostics were not done the past couple of days. I checked the online site and it indicated that:
    Our attempts to run a diagnostic check on your vehicle were unsuccessful. If your dashboard indicator light is on, push your blue OnStar button.
    So, I called OnSTar via OnStar in car and they ran the checks. Then turned me over to their Tech department who ran them again. However, the Tech could not tell me why ONStar could not run them even though I had my car out and the engine running. They told me it would take a couple of days to email me the results or see them on the OnStar site.
    Anyone else run into this?
  • Options
    bt06bt06 Member Posts: 32
    Same thing happened to me, just got the vehicle at the end Feb. The diagnositc was supposed to run on the 27th. It didn't so I hit the button on the 29th, they ran it with no problem but no one knows why it didn't run on it's own. Not exactly something that makes me want to pay an extra $200 - $300 per year. I'm really trying to use OnStar this year to see if it's worth the money but I'm having a hard time seeing the value. Yes it's cool to push the button every now and then but I have a GPS that can give directions as well. The other "safety" features are nice but I know they work even if you don't buy the subscription. Does anyone have any reasons that they keep paying for OnStar after the trial period?
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    edited March 2010
    I can't answer your question but recall what Onstar told me when doing diagnostics on my Cadillac. This was something to the effect of, "check this with your dealer", not particularly helpful :sick: .
  • Options
    Still waiting for my Diagnostics. Checking online via OnStar to see them and can't get them. I guess I will have to wait another couple days. This does not speak to well for OnStar. If I don't see my diagnostics Friday, I will call them and see why.
  • Options
    gened1gened1 Member Posts: 256
    We had a year free with Onstar and while it was a neat feature to show others we felt that at the end of it all the basic subscription is just like using the cellular phone. We really couldn't justify having both so we did not reup the subscription. Now if we a had a college age student or someone else in the family and was worried about security or breakdowns or something similar I might see it but for us it just didn't seem that great. Now cars have blutooth and that seems to make Onstar even more difficult to justify.
  • Options
    cooleyddcooleydd Member Posts: 105
    I have just purchased a new LaCrosse top model with leather. To look at it appears that the whole interior is leather. My question is - is it all leather or a mixure of leather and other materials and what is real leather and what just looks like leather. The reason I am asking is I want to treat the leather and it wouldn't do much good to treat plastics with mink oil as I will do the leather.

Any ideas?
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. The interior that you have in your Lacrosse is leather. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the answer. I assume you mean that all of the side panels, dash, etc including the seats are all leather. Do you recommend mink oil as a perservative?

I have the White Diamond Tricoat for an outside paint. Does this have a coat of Clear over the top as do the other paints. Is there anything special that should be followed in keeping this paint in top condition and looking great as it does.

I love the car - it is nice to be back in a luxury car at a price that doesn't put one in the poor house. Handling and ride are outstanding as is everything else. Owned many Buicks about 20 and more years ago - but stopped buying them for well known reasons. Happy to be back in a Buick again.
  • Options
    Hello,
    I am glad that you love your new Buick! We don't have any specific products we recommend for the leather. You can also ask your dealership if they have anything they recommend. Putting moisture back into the leather is always a good way to preserve the leather. As far as the White Diamond Tricoat paint, yes there is a top coat over it. There are a lot of different products for keeping paint in good condition. Again, I would recommend talking to your dealership and asking them what they use. Thank you,
  • Options
    Mariah

Thanks for your replies - appreciated!!!

There are some minuses in design. The post are too big - cuts visibility - sore neck. As does the windows all around. Can understand windows perhaps as a way to cut the amount of sun coming into the car and quietness. The quietness of the car is nothing short of sounding like an electric - no sound. Entertainment package with speakers - outstanding.

The POI's are not as complete as other GPS units I have including one on my Blackberry. But the GPS system itself beats anything else I have used.

I do have a slight delay between pushing the accelerator and the actual pickup when I am already moving. Also when backing up seems to take more petal to get moving - in my case I have an incline when I backup out of the garage and seem to have to push the petal a lot.

But all in all I would give it a 10 out of 10. Absolutely great car.
  • Options
    Hello,
    Thank you for the compliments and the feedback. I will document your suggestions. : ) Thank you,
  • Options
    Mariah,

Thanks for taking the time to listen to our concerns. I have a CXS that I purchased in August of '09. I have close to 7000 miles on it. It is a fantastic car. Hopefully, you won't have too much more to document about these cars except good things.

Thanks, John
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mariah: It is great to know that someone from GM is listening to our comments. I have a diamond white CXS and am really impressed with the car. Two observations, first the fit of the drivers door panel does not match levels with the dash when the door is closed. The passenger side is fine. This is the case on every LaCrosse I've seen. Secondly, is there a way to select the callers list from my bluetooth phone on the navigation screen when making an outgoing call. Seems like the only option is to type in the number each time which partially defeats the purpose of the hands free advantage of bluetooth. I guess my question is can I download my cell phone caller list to the hard drive so that it can be displayed and scrolled through to select an outgoing call destination. Again, thank you for all of your help to fellow members. Respectfully, Ken
  • Options
    johnh7johnh7 Member Posts: 67
    Took delivery this week. Have not experienced any glitches so far. I got the Mocha Steel with the light interior. The color is much nicer than it shows on Buick's website.

Like everyone else who ordered a Lacrosse, I had about a 3 month wait and was in the same dark information hole others have described - clearly an area GM needs to work on.

This is really my first "big boy car" and my first American car in years. I'm still getting used to a car which kind of drives you instead of the other way around. But - it's very luxurious and drives beautifully. I didn't see any Lacrosses sitting around in my dealer's showroom, so I suspect these are in short supply and people may need to order the car they want and be prepared to be very patient or to get very lucky.
  • Options
    Mariah

It is great that you are here. Let me bend your ear for a couple suggestions.

1. There should be a button to push to open the trunk from the inside of the car. Frequently I am with my wife and I am waiting for her in the car and when she comes laden with bags it would be nice if I could open the trunk for her from inside. I know I have the "keyless" pad but I hang that around my neck and under my clothes - not the easiest place to get to. A women might carry it in her purse which may be in the back seat when she is waiting for someone.

2. The same thing applies to the gasoline fill cover - it should only be opened from the inside by pushing a button. This is a feature that keeps your gas from being stolen.

3. I discovered yesterday while adding names to the Address book that I am limited to the number of voice prompts I can have. This is really irritating - one should be able to have as many "Go To" voice prompts as there are address book entries. This is a safety feature so that when you are on the road you can speak any destination you want.

Maybe others will add some other ideas to this thread or tell us something that we may be missing.

Thanks for listening.
  • Options
    Hello Ken,
    I unfortunately don't have the information about the navigation system. However, we do have a navigation team that can answer your question. Their number is 1-877-NAV-DISC(3472) Hours of Operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST. If you have any further questions Ken please let me know. Thank you,
  • Options
    Hi,
    Thank you for the ideas. I will document them and pass them along. We always like to hear the ideas of our customers. It makes us a better company. : )
    Have a wonderful day!
  • Options
    kplacerkplacer Member Posts: 97
    >> There should be a button to push to open the trunk from the inside of the car.

On my 2009 (different design I know) the driver's door lock button does double duty -- if you hold it in the unlock position (upwards) for a few seconds it also unlocks the trunk. Did that disappear in the 2010s?
  • Options
    I have been waiting for it. Having a quiet, well-equipped and comfortable car that can also be economical has always appealed to me. Now, I know, many of you will scoff and to each his or her own. But autoblog drove it and said: "While gearheads like those on the Autoblog staff are almost always looking for more power and more torque, the reality is that most would-be buyers will likely be completely satisfied with the performance of the four-cylinder LaCrosse. It certainly won't be an embarrassment or rolling roadblock." Plus, it is as quiet as the 6 cylinder. Some of us will buy it and be satisfied. (Those who wouldn't be can choose the 3.6.) Leather not available until 2011 model ( a few months away). Fire away with your comments about driving a stone. But apparently, it is not as hesitant to go as the 3.0 (now defunct) was.
  • Options
    e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    Good points. I too have experienced the gas cap thing on Malibu. Sure seems dumb to me. I have considered replacing the toggle thing on the door with one that incorporates a switch and then wiring it in series with a rear door switch. That way it would sound the entry alarm if someone opens it. It would also indicate if it were accidentally left open via door ajar.
    Sometimes I think GM builds in these little annoyances hoping you will eventually trade to move beyond them.