Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• cooterbfdcooterbfd Member Posts: 2,770
    I have the CXS, my father has the CXL. I do find the CXL a little quieter, but do still here the suspension noise in it. I believe that our Eagle GS-A's are a little noisy, though.
  • enphanenphan Member Posts: 23
    Hope it helps. check the manual (page 4-43 in my CXL manual). You need to turn on the REMOTE RECALL feature, then it will return to seat memory setup. I am not sure each remote key need to setup to turn this feature on or not.
  • kjs8kjs8 Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2010
    Thank you for this tip.... I will look into it tonight. There is a lot of confusion on the options on the car and how they work and no one point of contact that seems to be able to answer the questions. Thanks for this group of interested individuals that can solve the issues. I'll let you know if this works on the CXS.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello 1ststate,
    I am from GM Customer Service. Please email me with more information on your concern with your vehicle, so I can look into the situation further. You can find my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
    Thank you buckeyecarguy for the compliment! :)
    To answer all of your questions you have I am going to give you to our Navigation department. Their number is 1-877-NAV-DISC(3475). Also, their hours of operation are: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST. If you have any further questions please let me know. Thank you,
    Wow... I don't know how I missed Remote Recall on 4-43. Mine was shut off and now I get a memory seat return when the drivers door is unlocked. I guess this is the way the system has been designed to work.... So why did mine return to the memory position at start-up for about a 10 day period then do nothing. At least now it does something and hopefully the same thing each day from here on out. Thank you again for helping my old brain correct the problem. Hope this advice helps everyone else.
    Hello Kjs8,
    This is information from our technical service department regarding the memory seats.
    Key fobs 1 and 2 each have a unique set remote recall positions stored. Each time the ignition is cycled into OFF, the remote recall position for the last key fob used to enter the vehicle is set to the current positions of the seat, mirrors and memory pedals (if equipped). The next time this key fob is used to unlock the vehicle, the MSM will recall the seat, mirrors and pedals to these positions. Therefore, as in your example, if another driver enters the vehicle with the fob you normally use and adjust the seat, mirrors, and/or pedals and then cycle the ignition into OFF, the remote recall positions you had previously stored will be updated. However, if you and your wife use different fobs then unique remote recall positions will be maintained for both drivers.

The remote recall positions for any fob can be set to the same positions that are stored for any switch by performing the following sequence:

1. Press "Unlock" on the desired key fob.
    2. Cycle the ignition to "RUN"
    3. Adjust the driver seat, outside rearview mirrors, and memory pedals (if equipped) to the desired positions.
    4. Press and hold the "MEM" switch while pressing either the "1" or "2" switch to store the current position of the seat, mirrors, and memory pedals (if equipped) to the desired switch.
    5. Cycle the ignition into "OFF". The remote recall positions will now be stored for the desired key fob.

After following this sequence, if the remote recall positions are reset, the driver can return the seat to their "normal" position by pressing and holding the memory switch until the seat, mirrors, and pedals return to the stored position for that switch. Then, the next time the ignition is cycled to OFF, the remote recall positions will be reset to the same positions stored for the memory switch.

If you are still having problems, what I can do is have your dealership call our tech guy. Our technician can walk the dealership through how to set it and then they can show you how to get everything working properly. Thank you,
    Hello Cooleydd,
    I checked with our techs and they said that there is no X amount of minutes that automatically turns off the memory. They also said that there is no way to distinguish between key fob 1 and 2. My suggestion is to either put in on its own keychain or use a piece of tape to label one or two. Thank you,
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I think the new LaCrosse is a nice car inside and out, except the rear end appearance is a bit off (nothing major though). My college kid actually thinks the LaCrosse looks sharp, so perhaps that's a step in the right direction for Buick.
    edited May 2010
    Mariah: Thanks for the detailed proceedure and that is the exact proceedure I followed. I'm single, so I'm only using one Key fob. Programmed everything like you said last night and got in the car this morning and the seat returned to my memory position when I unlocked the door just fine. Locked the car at work, came out to use it at lunch and the seat did not return when unlocked. Came out after lunch unlocked the car and it worked fine again. Came out of work, unlocked the car and nothing again. I had to press and hold the memory 1 button on the seat to recall my settings. There is something wrong with this system. Four exact lock and unlock sequences cycles with the same key fob and it works only half the time. I'll save this mystery for the dealer to resolve along with my intermittent reverse rear view camera issue which sometimes works and sometimes breaks up with horizontal lines and then sometimes just doesn't work.
    Hello Kjs8,
    I would have the dealership look at the key fob and the vehicle and see if the sensor is reading correctly or not. Keep me informed on how it goes. Thank you,
    Glad it works out for you. May be a glich to reset your set up back to manufacturing default.
    We had the same thought at the exact same time. I reset all the functions to factory default and started again on the seat memory programming and today everything seems to be working fine. Good idea on your part. Thanks
  • burnrubburnrub Member Posts: 7
    hello, i have a 2010 lacrosse with the 19 inch wheels and touring package. the low profile tires seem to transmit a lot of road noise and i'm considering replacing the wheels with 18 inch wheels instead. can anyone tell me if the chrome 18 inch wheels that come on the CXS are the same as the machined 18 inch wheels that come on the CXL and CX, other than the fact that one is chromed? or are the two 18 inch wheels actally different styles? also where can i get the new oem rims?

Also do you think changing the wheel size will quiet some of the road noise?

Also, do all lacrosse's have Sport Mode, or is it only vehicles with tourng mode.
  • mick32mick32 Member Posts: 2
    Hello
    I bought a lacrosse cxl 2010 (I live in Israel) and i wait now 2 month to get it. It is the first american car for me after Alfa Romeo
    BMW Volvo and Mercedes.
    This is a new model and i'm afraid about initial problems!
    If someone can help me and let me know if this model has specific problems?
    Here the price of this car is...$62000!
    Thanks
    Micky
    SIXTY TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS??????????????

How come so much???

Good luck with it. I've had mine for 9 months (a CXS) and love it. No major problems with mine. One squeak, one rattle, and glue on the rear sunshade that caused a minor tear. There was a reflash for the nav system (if you have navigation), and I believe a problem where the battery would drain if you locked the doors, as the car would continuously be searching for the keyless entry remote (again, fixed by a reflash of a computer). To the best of my knowledge, nothing major.

Again, good luck and enjoy!!!!

John
  • bass21279bass21279 Member Posts: 8
    Just got my CXS after ordering only 3 and a half weeks ago. I was shocked it came in that quick. Fully loaded, minus the rear seat DVD players. Got the blind spot alert and like it a lot. The visibility problems are grossly exagerrated. No issues with it so far. The car has exceeded my expectations. I still love the ride with the 19 inch rims. I can't imagine the car without them.
  • mick32mick32 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the quick answers!
    The cars taxes here are very high and the price becomes tragic!
    The car will not have GPS (is not a option we can choose here).
    The truth is that there is relatively little need because my contry is very small.
    Micky
    There are two type of 18", machined alloy and chrome plated ( $650 dollar package), which look nicer.
    CXL standard comes with 18" machined alloy, and $650 to upgrade to chrome.
    CXS standard comes with 18" chrome wheel base in Lacrosse brochure.
    Mine is CXL with chrome plated wheel and it also has low profile tire.

Before you order, let try to to play around with the "driving setup" (only in CXS), move away from sport mode, it may give you a smoother drive. If you have to pay for 18" wheel set, why don't you check to see how much to replace with19" standard tire? it may be lower price than order 18" and still maintain beautiful 19" wheel
    I did not get the blind side alert even though I ordered it with the package. My car was delivered in January and it was not yet avaliable. My question is since I ordered the package now that it's avaliable, can it now be dealer installed? I think I paid for it as part of the package even though it didn't come at delivery. Thnaks for any info on this subject.
  • burnrubburnrub Member Posts: 7
    i wouldn't mind keeping the 19 inch wheels an upgrading to bigger profile tires, but then that would change the diameter of the wheels and the spedometer would be off. is there a way to have the spedometer recalibrated after tires sizes have been changed?
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    >is there a way to have the spedometer recalibrated after tires sizes have been changed?

Should be in the computer. Requires a Tech II or other tool that can access the computer system and change its settings.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    I got swept away in the Lacrosse hype and ordered a CXS with the audio and side blind alert packages at invoice. This is a replacement for my otherwise flawless 2000 Avalon XLS with only 75K miles. On the test drive the CXS was not as quiet as our 2008 Malibu nor was it as refined as my Avalon. The faux wood looks very plasticky, the interior feels a bit cramped and the head room was marginal with the sunroof.

I am not sure if it is buyers remorse or realization that the Lacrosse is not a good fit for me. Nonetheless, the question I have for you boardies will I get my $1,500 deposit back if I cancel the order? Or is it bad protocol to call the credit card company to stop payment?
  • Does your Avalon have stability control, brake force distribution, 8 air bags like most new cars? As for quiet, I wonder if you drove one with the large wheels. Otherwise, it is a very quiet car. Sunroofs do cut into headroom...does marginal mean your head scrapes or is there enough room for your cranium? As for interior room, it seems to have more (not counting the trunk) than the Ford Taurus (considered a "large" car). What part do you find cramped? Certainly not the rear seat. Drive it again, and if it is not a good fit, can the order.

As for your deposit, why worry if you can get your credit card company to stop payment? It likely will not be that easy. They will first refer you back to the dealer. And if there is no fraud involved or loss of what you paid for (i.e., non-delivery after a reasonable period of time), most credit card companies will no longer just give you your money back upon request.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    Most reputable dealers will refund your deposit, especially on a hot selling car. The exception may be if you were specifically informed verbally and/or in writing that it was non-refundable. Even then many dealers will refund your deposit for good public relations.
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    Another reason why no sunroof for me. And where there is glass there is no sound insulation.
    I have to wonder if there was something wrong such as a seal out of place if not as quiet as Malibu. I have 09 LT2, less than year, and already wind noise is increasing substantially because the seals are no longer factory new. If you are cramped in the CXS, then you have to be cramped in Malibu. Faux wood? I'll have to look again. I thought it looked as good as in Aurora which has real wood. You don't want to break one of those pieces. Replacement is the price of the whole tree.
    BTW, if you have base Malibu, no electric seats, you might gain a little head room. The electric seat mechanisms add a little height to the seat and if you have the cheap cloth seats, the padding is not near as good so you sink into the seat more.
  • Glass is a good insulator of sound, and some glass is thicker just for that reason. However, all sunroof-equipped cars have an inner cover you can close as well. In all my cars with sunroofs (and there have been many), I have never had a problem with leaks or seals or greater noise than on non-sunroofed model. The main downside is that it does cut into headroom for some tall people.
  • johnh7johnh7 Member Posts: 67
    Not that this is significant - but the LaCrosse sunroof is cut into the roof and actually increases "headroom" by an inch. It's recessed. I say headroom in quotes because the sunroof doesn't extend all the way over the driver's head, so that the added space doesn't really increase the practical amount of headroom available to the driver.

Everybody has different preferences, different seat adjustment levels etc. I'm 6'1" and probably have the seat somewhere between lowest and highest settings. I guesstimate I have 3-4 inches of headroom. Someone who is 6'8" might have difficulty with headroom, but best guess is that's true with respect to most similarly sized sedans. One of the car's strengths is that it is very comfortable and very roomy for both the driver and front and back seat passengers.
    edited May 2010
    Does anyone know if the new HiPer Strut suspension is currently available in the CXS? I have been reading about the benefits of the HiPer strut and I hope it will be in my CXS which is expected to be delivered in six to eight weeks.

According to Jim Federico, chief engineer for Buick LaCrosse, “Perhaps the most significant attribute of HiPer Strut’s effectiveness is what you don’t feel,” ...“You don’t feel torque steer; you don’t feel tugging or vibrations through the steering wheel; you don’t feel sharp reactions to bumps and pot holes. You simply experience a smoother, more controlled and more linear driving experience.”
    If the strut delivers as promised then GM would come as close to driving nirvana as one can get with a front wheel drive automobile.

Read more at http://www.media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/news/news_detail.brand_buick.html/co- - ntent/Pages/news/us/en/2010/Mar/0324_hiper_strut
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    The CXS with the standard 3.6L uses the HiPer strut design as standard equipment.
    edited May 2010
    My dealer cannot confirm the build date of the 2010 CXS that I ordered, but what he does know for sure is that it will be a model year 2011 with the HiPer Strut suspension. Final price on the 2011 is yet to be determined but we had originally agreed on invoice price which still stands although incentives are still up in the air.
    Been to the dealer with LaCrosse issues. The inconsistent operation of the memory seats, backup camera and bluetooth operation all have software problems which GM is trying to fix. Some of these problems are common on other GM products, not just the LaCrosse. Hopefully a software fix will be available soon but no date is available now. There is no fix for the drivers side door panel misalignment with the dash. Yesterday a new item surfaced while driving, the little dome in the center dash speaker started blinking at me in red for about 2 minutes and then went out. Can't find a thing about this in the manual. Anyone have any ideas?
  • adpcsadpcs Member Posts: 59
    Thanks for the updates. I have the same problem with the memory seats and drivers "easy exit" feature. What problem are you having with the bluetooth and camera?
    I have had my Lacrosse for 1 month now and 1700 miles, and here is a list of minor problems. Anyone else notice these?

Lacrosse issues
    1. Poor radio reception
    2. Ride jittery around 60 mph (maybe just need to get used to it)
    3. Easy entry doesn't work (inconsistent)
    4. Voice Navigation sometimes doesnt ask for street numbers, and a lot of misspellings of street names.
    5. Exhaust discoloring (if you look under the car, you can see a "rust" color on the bottom near the split of the tailpipes.
    6. Idling at 5 mph - this one is interesting - just rolling at exactly 5 mph, the car shakes as if you are driving over bumps, at 6 mph, it doesnt do that.
    7. Does the bluetooth have an option to transfer my Blackberry address book to it?

Overall, i am still very impressed with the car after 1 month, and am still finding new things. I traded my 07 Lexus GS for this, and so far so good!!
  • cooleyddcooleydd Member Posts: 105
    To answer your issues
    1. XM in the garage or in the hills (with trees) does not connect so makes it unpleasant. Have not tried on regular radio.
    2. I do not experience this problem - could be tires need balanced?
    3. Agreed - mine is also a problem. I also notice when I get out to the car my butt hits the buttons and hear a beep with seems to turn it off. The buttons need to be recessed or moved.
    4. I have not noticed this at all.
    5. I will check out later.
    6. This seems to be a major problem with me. I notice it on a grade when I slow down going up the grade it seems to not shift and sputter a lot. If I step on the accellerator it will pause and acts like it is going to die and then catch and go.

I notice when I want to speed up (really step on it) the car delays and almost dies before it shoots forward. This is very bothersom when I need to step on it to get out of the way of something. Dangerous even!!!!!

Overall I love the CXS - it is quiet, confortable - a really nice car.
    The bluetooth works fine except about every 20 minutes of driving the radio mutes and a single ring occurs and the radio then returns to normal volume as if you were getting an incoming call, but your not. The rearview camera is intermittent in it's operation. I have asked everybody if you can import ones phone book from your phone via bluetooth to the car so that one could make outgoing calls from the nav screen list. No one can answer the question. I have also noticed the hesitation issue. Another thing is that the throttle does not respond the same in forward and reverse. One has to apply more pressure to move in reverse than in forward so a jump forward usually occurs when you go back to forward and hit the gas with the same pressure. This is an outstanding car but I have never owned a car with features that are less understood or documented by GM or service and service really tries very hard to get answers but... This has been the story from the time I ordered the car and nobody could tell me anything about my status during my18 week wait, even the dealer got no answers. Just a big disconnect somewhere.
    Hello Kjs8,
    I am sorry that you had a bad experience at the dealership. Can you email me so I can look into the situation further? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    edited May 2010
    Mariah: The dealership has been great all along, I did not have a bad experience there. I want to make that very clear. Just waiting for GM fixes to become available.
    Hello Kjs8,
    I am glad that your dealership has done a great job. Have they diagnosed the throttle issue, and have they found a solution to the Bluetooth concern? I just wanted to make sure that your vehicle was fixed. Thank you,
    My 2010 LaCrosse CXS came without the side mirror warning system. I called the dealer and they said it could not be added due to wiring. I just wanted to make sure if this was correct or if they can be added.
    I have not talked to them on the throttle issue as of yet. I have all the bulletins on the bluetooth problems from GM that seem to blame the customers phone for most concerns. Blackberry compatibility seems to be a big problem. I linked another phone of a different manufacturer and have the same problem. I just turned the bluetooth feature off and the problem ring stops. The dealer will contact me if a software package is available on seats and I'll take it back if my rearview camera problem finally goes off for good so they can find the problem. When it was in for service it worked fine as always happens when your trying to track down a problem. Have a great Holiday.
    edited May 2010
    I have a Blackberry 8330 and have no problem with Bluetooth. If you hear anything on the seat problem be sure to post here so we all will know - it is a problem. Also am interested if you find anything on the throttle issue.
    Hello Kjs8,
    Please let me know if your concerns don't get fixed or diagnosed so I can look into it further for you. You also have a wonderful holiday!
  • 50324lacrosse50324lacrosse Member Posts: 21
    Could not hear the turn by turn directions from OnStar as the radio would not mute. Had to have a "hard mute" loaded. Now the A/C fan slows whenever onstar is active. I understand why, but can I get the "soft mute" re-enstated ?
  • brezinskybrezinsky Member Posts: 1
    The right rear door on my 2010 LaCrosse is 2-3mm out of flush with the rear quarter. On first glance, the striker plate seems adjustable as it has the traditional position etchings as does the door jamb as a reference. However, when the screws are loosened, the plate seems not to have any play at all. Ideas?
    edited June 2010
    The Lacrosse placed third in Car and Driver's July 2010 four-car comparison test.
    1st. place: Hyundai Genesis 3.8 -- price as tested, $41,835
    2nd. place: Lexus ES350 -- price as tested, $42,187
    3rd. place: Lacrosse CXS -- price as tested, $36,805
    4th. place: Ford Taurus Ltd -- $37,180

The Lacrosse scored best in steering feel and interior and exterior styling. The highs and lows were summarized as follows:
    The Highs:
    --luxurious cabin, quiet at speed, styling that's genuinely alluring

The Lows:
    --small trunck, limited sightlines, needlessly complicated center stack

I had the Genesis on my short list but the rear wheel would be too much of a challenge during winter as my driveway and garage is on a fairly steep incline.

edited June 2010
    I have noticed while going slow on an incline, when I push the gas peddle nothing happens and the car kind of sputters. This was not of major consequence and I thought I would wait taking it in. However!!! Yesterday I was going from San Jose CA to Santa Cruz over a mountain road which is a very busy highway. Because of the traffic (auto and truck) you find yourself slowing and speeding and sometimes changing lanes to get around a truck (speeding). At one point when I pressed on the gas peddle to get around a truck - the same thing happened. SCARY!!! As in the happening at slow speed I have to back off the peddle and pump it a bit and then it took off.

I have also noticed on occasion when I step down hard on the peddle there is a pause before anything happens.

2010 LaCrosse CXS 3000 miles.

Anyone else having this kind of an experience?
    I have just begun to notice this, but it has been subtle. I don't yet know what to make of it.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    I would certainly ask the service manager about it and try to reproduce the symptoms when he drives it.

I suspect, however, that this is similar to toyota-lexus' problems a few years back where they were attempting to maximize fuel mileage and the slow response was due to getting the motor back into a power mode (my interpretation, not the automotive description others used).

One technique would be to pull the transmission into a lower gear manually at the same time and see if the response improves. My older T65E transmission would tend to stay at lower RPMs under a light, light accelerator increase. And increased the slip on the torque converter, then eventually released it, and then eventually would go into 3rd under a moderate throttle request.

I recall part of toyota's problem was they had reduced the ability of the transmission to respond to a gear change demand under certain circumstances that also increased what driver's called a "lag."

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Sounds like you hit it on the head. I will post when I take it in. Still interested if others have had this problem and what they did.

Thanks
    Scary is right. I made a trip to Baltimore and when I got on the ramp onto 95 I hit the gas to pull well ahead of a truck coming up behind me and like you said nothing, no downshift at all until I floored it and then it took off. Feels like the transmission logic will not let the transmission downshift a few gears when needed just an abrupt downshift when things get scary. It either hesitates or does not downshift when necessary.