Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Soul Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• amysmamysm Member Posts: 4
    That seems like an amazing deal. Check prices at truecar.com for details but I think that may be less than invoice.
  • chicagojoechicagojoe Member Posts: 14
    I am in Chicago as well. Please share name of dealer to help your neighbors out! :)
  • biochemistbiochemist Member Posts: 19
    I took the TrueCar.com price and then shopped around, with each dealer that I visited willing to undercut the other by several hundred dollars. Truecar price on my vehicle as optioned was around $16889 without mats, interior lighting, and locking wheel nuts. Got it down to $16.5 and thinking of signing on Saturday. I'm wary of Grossinger Kia in Lincolnwood so while they offered that price, I went far to the suburbs. I'm in the Northshore.
  • chicagojoechicagojoe Member Posts: 14
    That sounds like a great price. I leveraged True Car back in April on a 2011 Optima. It was a great asset in the negotiation.

Let us all know how it turns out on Saturday!
  • biochemistbiochemist Member Posts: 19
    Went to Napleton Kia in Elmhurst, IL to buy the 2012 Soul+ for 16.5 but seeing the Moss Green for the first time in daylight, I just could not pull the trigger and sign the deal. Stopped by other dealers but none had any Soul+ in stock. I guess I'll have to think about whether I can live with the color or put a deposit down and ask to locate another color.
  • stanbearpigstanbearpig Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    went to look at a kia soul automatic at my local kia dealership in Coatesville, PA the salesman was quoting me 16,500 for the base model. I dont have the best credit and need a co signer. The car seems great but is this a good deal.
  • aretwoaretwo Member Posts: 1
    stanbearpig, look up your car at www.truecar.com to get pricing in your area. Your credit has no impact on pricing, only the rate you'd pay to lease or finance. In my area of South Florida, invoice on a 2012 Soul+ Auto is aprox. $16,600 plus a $750 destination charge, according to Consumer Reports. Note that that $ figure is for a Plus, not a base. It was tricky to find inventory.
  • choochoomanchoochooman Member Posts: 38
    can someone tell me what the interior lighting kit consist of?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Are you a 20-something who recently bought a new car or who is right now in the market for a new car? A reporter is looking to talk with young Americans to see what they are looking for in their next new vehicle. Please contact pr@edmunds.com with contact information and a brief description of your experience by Friday, January 20, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• slvr1slvr1 Member Posts: 1
    Agreed. If you're in the Atlanta area, Kia Mall of Georgia is the way to go. Easy to work with and great people in the showroom. Just bought my Soul+, 6-speed manual and LOVE IT!!!
  • puffin1puffin1 Member Posts: 276
    a six way power seat comes in an Optima.What's it do. Up down ,fwd,bkwd and a lumbar?
    I hate buyn' cars hurts more than a infected wisdom tooth. :sick:
    Thx Puffin
  • soulmamasoulmama Member Posts: 25
    Leased an Alien Soul Exclaim with spoiler/remote start/lighting/mirror for $269/mo including taxes. Traded my 2010 Acura MDX luxury gas hog for the little Guy who will be saving me a huge bundle of cash each month.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you recently bought a Hyundai or Kia, a reporter would like to learn what you cross-shopped. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, April 27, 2012 with details and your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• zgrrrlzgrrrl Member Posts: 147
    Does anyone have any recent experiences for actual prices paid in 2016? Chicago suburbs?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Any particular trim?

I had a firm quote for an Exclaim with Umber for $25,500 and TTL of $1,000, but that was months ago. And that wasn't a common package for down here.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Hello! Once again, Edmunds is partnering with Parents Magazine to help families find their perfect car. If you own one of the below vehicles and have children under the age of 12, we'd love to hear what you think of it.
    Here's a link to the survey - please give us your thoughts no later than March 1, 2017.
    Thanks for your help!

SURVEY LINK: https://goo.gl/forms/wN9bw9FtPqRb2j4a2

Kia Soul (ideally 2017, 2016)
    Chevrolet Bolt (2017)
    Honda Civic (2016-17)
    Hyundai Sonata (2015-17)
    Subaru Crosstrek (2015-17)
    Honda CR-V (2017)
    Toyota Highlander (2017)
    Chrysler Pacifica (2017)
    Subaru Outback (2015-17)