Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GLK-Class Prices Paid

12346»

Comments

• toddy333toddy333 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    hi all,

i'm looking to lease a GLK from a MB dealership in SoCal. found one with premium 1 / appearance / keyless go packages.

MSRP was $44,700, 'true price' is $41,800.

wondering realistically what is the best price i can walk away with?

am i in the right area with trying to hit $36k?
  • leadfootowleadfootow Member Posts: 7
    Check with Walter's Automotive in Riverside. Not sure about leasing program, but purchase price are very good.
  • acura_buyer1acura_buyer1 Member Posts: 3
    I recently bought a GLK 350 from Hoehn Mercedes Benz in Carlsbad (north of San Diego) at a very attractive price. Didn't have to negotiate much because their initial offer itself was lower than anyone else within 50 miles.

Talk to Saad or Vas from the internet department and they will work with you.

awesome vehicle.. and i'm enjoying it on my drives along the coast/ beaches!!!
  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Member Posts: 2,345
    In the end it's still a little SUV car that will be worth half in a few years.

Might not be as severe depreciation on the GLK250. That's what I'm counting on anyway.. Apparently the oil burner makes the GLK very very unique in its class.

369 ft lb of torque at just a bit off idle..and terrific real world FE. Sounds fine.. :shades:
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    I think it is time to start a thread for the GLK250 Bluetec. It promises to be a big seller for Mercedes.
    edited June 2013
    I hear ya, Gary..there will be at least two regulars if it appears, haha..

I still can't find time to get down to test drive..the salesman must think I was just phone-tire-kicking. Just as I was headed home from town today I spotted one so parked the CRV beside a 350 for size comparo. Wanted to peek inside to see the dash live, which I think I might like a lot better there in front of me than on the PC. Guy and his wife came out before I could do any comparo at all. It was 3 years old so dash was different. They LOVE the wheels off the thing. And have had no trouble with it..Mind you, I would put money on this GLK being their first 4 WD so in that way of course they are easily enamoured come every winter. Nonetheless I have yet to see anyone not impressed overall..

Sure hope I can make a proper decent deal if I like it, in lieu of all this hoopla nudging full List assumptions...cuz it ain't gonna happen for me if they hold out..
    edited June 2013
    If it is a possibility to transfer a vehicle from CA to Canada, I would consider a vacation to buy. Not sure how the dealers here would treat you. But our prices are lower than most of the USA. Lots of competition in So CA. Put in a CA zip code and check the Edmunds TMV for here. Dealers in Oregon, Utah and Nevada are also good to deal with. Easier transfer laws than CA.
    Yes, I have thought about it. If I did go that route, to be honest I'd be tempted to do that come winter. Just come home well south so that I could extend the warmer season before having to work my way north.

Thanks for mentioning the other 3 States. I really would love to travel out west..have never been west of Winnipeg to the north and Tuscaloosa to the south.
    So much landscape that is used in so many famous movies comes form so many of your States out there. Just beautiful country. I wonder how much of that is affected though in winter? A lot of it is desert though right? So only cold at night. Snow free roads so the sights can still be scene.

In thinking that whole process through..I do wonder how well received I would be by a dealer here though if I had some wty work. I know there may be legal policies that would cover me through MB, but that doesn't take the 'human nature' element out of the equation. "Oh....Mr Steve..didn't someone call you? We weren't able to get to your car so it will be another 3 or 4 days. Sorry you wasted your 3 hour return trip for nothing."
    And that's if I used the nearest dealer..the one that would surely recall they didn't sell me one yet somehow I ended up with one with the speedo in mph. Busted. Which is a different scenario than if I showed up with a used 1 or 2 year old USA car..that they can see that I did not purchase new.
    I forgot that Canada uses those old KMH numbers. :blush:

I wonder if a dealer would be able to order a vehicle that is correct for Canada. Might be worth an email.

As far as winter weather in the SW USA. It can be 80 or 20 any given day. You can be assured to see snow above 5000 ft. The Interstates across the Southern USA are kept pretty clear of snow. I40 can be bad where it gets pretty high altitude. The high desert with a dusting of snow is beautiful. If you want winter sun stay on I10 down through TX. I wouldn't send my worst enemy on 120 through Dallas Ft Worth.

So CA
    MB of Escondido
    Hoehn MB
    Walter's MB

There are 22 Mercedes dealers within 150 miles of me

I have talked to the MB dealer in Medford Oregon and MB of Linden Utah. Both seemed willing to deal. I do understand dealers wanting to work on their own sales. I was use the CA prices as a bargaining chip. Ask them why you can buy a Mercedes in the land of Fruits, nuts and flakes for less than the land of the free?
    edited June 2013
    All good info, Thanks Gary..
    I have a feeling as soon as they punched in my VIN, they'd know it was in sold from the USA from new even if I could order it in KPH. That part doesn't bother me in the least as I can think in both spur of the moment. In fact I prefer having my Temp gauge read in Feh. I miss the old days..still only know about 4 Celcius temps. 100 is boiling. 0 is freezing. 5 is 40. 20 is 68. Don't ask me why I can remember the 5 and 20...I think because I really drilled myself one year being tired of never knowing really what temp it was as the radio and TV never use Feh anymore :(

But for a temp ga. the Cdn car will likely start showing the higher temp red area as 95- 110 or so...but that's just it...the only time I'd actually know the temp was when it was at 212 equivalent.

Same with the outside temp displays, altho those may be switchable?

I wouldn't send my worst enemy on 120 through Dallas Ft Worth.

Because of road quality, congestion or?

Ask them why you can buy a Mercedes in the land of Fruits, nuts and flakes for less than the land of the free?

LOL and darn good question
    I prefer Fahrenheit to Celcius for the closer accuracy factor. That and because we won the World Wars. :)

We just drove Interstate 20 on our trip East. The road is fine and you can maintain 80+ MPH without fear of being stopped. It is a boring ugly drive and the hotels in most of the cities are dirty and way over priced. Towns like Midland and Odessa are booming with oil business and the hotel operators are making a killing. Just not much to see crossing TX on I20. Stay North or South. Depends on your time limits. When you are getting 38-40 MPG in a new GLK250 BT what's an extra few hundred miles?
  • glayfan40glayfan40 Member Posts: 33
    Just finished a deal for a 24mo, 12K mi/yr lease. Details below:

Steel Grey - $720
    Premium 1 - $3450
    Heated seats - $750
    Becker Pilot Map pre-wire - $200
    Destination - $905
    Total - $44615

Sale Price - $40,000
    RV - $32,122.8 (72%)
    Cal. MF - .0020
    Mo. Payment = $514 (incl. 6.25% tax)
    Total Out-of-Pocket: $1750 ($441 tag/doc, 1st payment, acquisition fee)

Hope this helps!
    Looks like a nice vehicle. If you get the Becker NAV let us know what you think of it. One of the vehicles I am considering has the wiring for a Becker NAV. I would really rather have a NAV with Google Maps. That would require an Internet connection and the monthly cost associated. A lot of people have that on their Smartphones. Built-in NAV is somewhat redundant.

Be sure and let us know about your mileage.
  • valleyguy408valleyguy408 Member Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    My brother just bought an MB with the Becker Map Pilot. I like it better than my MB Navi!!

IMHO: Easier to use, easier to read, and has a super cool feature of constantly displaying the speed limit in a little speed limit sign in the upper right corner.

Once you use Map Pilot with the route2benz feature, I'd be shocked if you ever use your smartphone again.
  • tiredofterrortiredofterror Member Posts: 2
    Not sure why no one uses carsdirect.com as basis of start of negotiation. Carsdirect usually gives avg. "decent" price. So if you can get $1-$2k below this price with negotiation.

Current GLK350 with ton of decent options, it comes to
    MSRP PRICING: $46,255
    INVOICE PRICING: $43,782
    Target Price: $40,782
    Pricing as of 7/23/13 in zip code 21045

Im looking too :D
  • lencu255lencu255 Member Posts: 3
    Got this:
    GLK350 4matic 2013
    White/beige MB-tex
    Premium package (didn't need panoramic roof, but got it)
    Multimedia package
    Heated front seats (didn't need either)
    total - $46,985
    paid - $38,950

Pleasanton, CA
    I had some choices, but the dealer wanted to sell and I wanted to buy!
  • glayfan40glayfan40 Member Posts: 33
    Looks like an awesome deal!

Any special incentives received? Such as USAA, MBCA, Loyalty/Conquest, etc.?
    No other incentives.
  • lfulfu Member Posts: 2
    Great deal! Is the price $38950 before ttl?
  • lfulfu Member Posts: 2
    Hello leadfootow, is the price before tax or after? Thanks for your help.
    edited August 2013
    the price was before ttl. They don't give cars away for free yet. Not even buy one, get second one for 50% off... What a shame!
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    some states do give away free cars, lencu0xff (funded by taxpayer).
    They don't give away free Benzes, yet, but the state's voters will probably require that soon.
  • good4cvgood4cv Member Posts: 1
    lencu255,

That is a great deal. My wife and I are looking for a GLK with similar packages and we are close to Pleasanton, CA. Would you mind share the name of your salesperson there?

Appreciate the help.
  • scruffsterscruffster Member Posts: 12

@lencu255 said:
    Got this:
    GLK350 4matic 2013
    White/beige MB-tex
    Premium package (didn't need panoramic roof, but got it)
    Multimedia package
    Heated front seats (didn't need either)
    total - $46,985
    paid - $38,950

Pleasanton, CA
    I had some choices, but the dealer wanted to sell and I wanted to buy!

lencu255,

I'm also in the bay area and looking to purchase a GLK350. Did you negotiate your deal in-person or online? Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

• scruffsterscruffster Member Posts: 12

@good4cv said:
    lencu255,

That is a great deal. My wife and I are looking for a GLK with similar packages and we are close to Pleasanton, CA. Would you mind share the name of your salesperson there?

Appreciate the help.

good4cv,

were you able to successfully purchase a GLK350? I'm looking to purchase one in the bay area as well. Any tips would be helpful! Thanks in advance!