Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GLK-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• propmanpropman Member Posts: 2
    Just finalized a deal for a 2WD GLK with Parktronic, Ipod Integration Kit and Trailer Hitch. MSRP $36.480 -- made the deal for $31,788. Mercedes of Long Beach, CA (which is in Signal Hill, CA).
  • windpodwindpod Member Posts: 1
    Want 2010 GLK350W2 Color Arctic White or Obsidian Black with Almond/ Blk MB-Tex, with Premium Pkg, Lighting Pkg,Multimedia Pkg, Sport Appearence Pkg,Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Heated Front Seats, and Ipod/MP3 Pkg.With the 3 year maintance pkg. No trade involved.
  • bbell40941bbell40941 Member Posts: 20
    Seriously?

What are you not telling us? Fleet discount? USAA discount? Trade in?

The Invoice for that car, including destination, is $41,615. The dealer has to pay $600 to MB's national advertising campaign. The holdback (cash back to the dealer equal to 3% of MSRP) is $1321.05. There are/were no other "subsidies" from the MB to the dealer.

So, the car cost the dealer $40,893.95.

Selling it to you for $38,864, means he lost $2,029.95 on the deal, before having to pay a commission to his sales and finance guys.

Really? Why would he do that? What detail are you not telling us?
  • tommy18nytommy18ny Member Posts: 1
    Any one know the difference btw the GLK350W4 - 101 has a MSRP $35,900 (2010-1) and 102 has a MSRP $36,600 (2010-2). If the 2010-2 is the later series of the GLK350, any changes or improvement besides a $700 up in base price? Thanks!
  • p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
    You are correct. I used the USAA discount which is currently a $1k incentive on GLK models.
  • mmratnermmratner Member Posts: 14
    We are buying a house with a garage door too narrow for our MDX, so we are looking at the GLK. We'd like to lease it but are in no huge rush - do you think we'd be better off doing a deal now / December on a current year model, or would it make sense to wait for 2011s, if there is a chance that their residuals would be higher?
    Also, I see people mentioning deals below invoice - are there current dealer incentives that make those deals possible? Thanks.
  • chubby_cheexchubby_cheex Member Posts: 1
    Hello! Some of these posts have been helpful and interesting to me, so I'd like to contribute some of what I've got:

November 2009 I purchased a GLK 350 RWD with

-black exterior/black MB-Tex interior
    -Premium 1 Package
    -Multimedia Package
    MSRP $41,975

for $38,229 which included the $875 destination fee.

I financed it and received a 2.9% APR.

Hope this helped!
  • eric33eric33 Member Posts: 4
    I bought a GLK 350 RWD last Saturday from Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach.

MSRP: $37,300 (white w/ almond interior - panoramic sunroof and I-pod Kit)
    Sales Price: $32,453

Also got 1.9% financing for 66 months.

I was looking at a Land Rover LR2, but one test drive of this vehicle made me change my mind in a hurry.
  • vinrunvinrun Member Posts: 11
    That is a great deal. Enjoy your GLK.
  • dj_happydj_happy Member Posts: 1
    I am thinking about buying one GLK350. The maximum amount off MSRP is around 5k. As it is approaching the end of the year, do you guys think it is possible to get the price off MSRP by more than 5K? Thanks,
  • stargazer534stargazer534 Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking to lease a base model GLK350. i would love the multimedia but at this point I'm not even sure if I can afford the base...that's what edmunds forums is for! :)

checking to get quotes from various dealers here in the Houston area, and I'm wondering just how low I can get these guys to go on the price, because I'm looking to lease for 36 mos, 10,000/yr, $1000-$2000 down, as close to $300/mo as possible (don't laugh, i know it's not realistic). So....help me out! :blush: What can i do to get into one of these beautiful cars (I'm a medical student...hence the budget)

thanks to anyone who can give some input!!
    What can i do to get into one of these beautiful cars

I'm afraid you're a long way off from getting into one. During MBUSA's December Sales event, you can lease a base GLK for $459/mo plus $5k due at signing.

Given your budget, leasing a C300 Sport Sedan would be a much more realistic goal. FYI, the GLK is built on the C300 platform and their dashes/controls are almost identical.

-Frank
  • gocardinalgocardinal Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a new GLK and got a great deal, thanks in large part to this message board.

Here's what I bought:

RWD
    Capri/Almond
    Panorama
    Heated Seats
    Appearance Package

MSRP on this car was $39,500 exactly.
    I was able to get the dealer down to $35,150 and then got an additional $1000 off as a USAA member. Total purchase price = $34,150 ($5350 below MSRP).

On top of this, I financed through Mercedes at 2.9% and they're picking up the first two payments (another $1070 benefit).

Hope this helps whoever the next buyer is. I was able to save a lot of time, money and frustration as a result of all who share their results before me.
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    Last night I had a call from a MB dealer in Manhattan - I had previously emailed him that I was interested in a GLK but at this point I'm no longer in the market - and he told me that he was offering 3 years of scheduled maintenance along with any other current incentives. I didn't explore this with him because as I said I'm no longer in the market, but I'm passing it along for what it's worth. I have no idea if this is a MB program, a program unique to that dealership, or some kind of sales pitch, and I certainly don't want to start any rumors. Again, this is just what the fellow told me. I hope this info is helpful to someone.

Good luck.
  • kpbcthukakpbcthuka Member Posts: 1
    I don't know if this is an MB program but I have seen a TV ad for free 3yr maintenance from Herb Chambers in the Boston area. I cannot remember the models this applies to (probably '09 models?). I hope this helps.
  • sstechsstech Member Posts: 5
    Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences in buying GLK350. These are very helpful.

I have narrowed my search to GLK350 4Matic, Black with Almond interior, Premium 1, Multimedia, Heated Seats, and Ipod Integration. One of the local dealer in St. Louis Missouri offered $250 over invoice which he said comes to $43,221. Is this a good price in the current market? I did see $4K to $5K off the MSRP. Are these prices still available? What price is a good deal?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
  • newglkownernewglkowner Member Posts: 1
    I just bought one from a Chicago dealer

GLK350W4, Black w Almond, Panaroma Roof, Heated Seat, and iPod Integration kit. MSRP $40040. Payed $35040.

Thanks everyone who shared their experiences in this forum.
  • newcarsearch1newcarsearch1 Member Posts: 6
    Just trying to get an idea how to negotiate the price. I’ve asked a saleswoman about the price for GLK. She said $1000 above the invoice. What is the next step in negotiating? I understand there could be 3% factory incentive to the dealer. And as she told me they need to move the car from Pennsylvania to Virginia – it’s about 200-300 miles. Taking all of that into account – what is my next word? Thanks.
    You can offer them invoice (or below) but they won't necessarily accept it. The lowest price you can get will vary significantly due to a number of variables such as region, dealer, time of day/month/year, # of vehicles on the lot, etc. One thing is for certain and that is the salesperson will never tell you what their absolute bottom dollar price is on a given day. So make an offer you think is reasonable but you have to be prepared to walk if the dealer doesn't accept it.

-Frank
  • kl07rphkl07rph Member Posts: 22
    That's not bad for Chicago pricing!! Can you name the dealership? Or is it not allowed on the forums
    Thank you Frank. The way I would like to equip the car with options goes well beyond what they have it here. One of the salesperson told me today that if I order the car from them I would be in disadvantage negotiating the price. Is that correct? I found it hard to believe since the car costs them nothing plus 100% assurance that I’ll buy the car. It does not stay in their inventory one day. I’ll take it right away. She claims that it easier for them to sell cars in their inventory since they have them. I think it is pure BS on her part. I explained to her my point and let her go and think a bit. I’ll see what it is going to happen. What do you thing about all of that?
    Alex
    Most dealers have no problem factory ordering a car and there is actually less dealer overhead with factory orders. However, some sales people would rather sell you the bird in hand. In which case I'd find another dealer if possible.

-Frank
    Another question. I’m torn between GLK 350 and Audi Q5 (both AWD and packed). What is a general opinion which one I should buy. The car is for my wife. She drives 25 miles one way. And we may use it on weekend and some traveling. I’m really really confused. Alex
    Check to see which one costs less to insure.
    Check to see which one costs less to insure

That could be one discriminator used but it would be fairly low on my list (assuming there's not a significant difference).

I don't know much about the Q5 but in any case, only you can decide which is best for you/your wife.

I suggest you first make a list of your priorities (handling, safety, price, utility, mpg, etc) in a new vehicle, test drive both back to back, and then rank them according to the criteria you've established. Keep in mind however that subjective criteria (I.e. you just like one more) can sometimes sway you decision :)

Good luck and let us know which one you end up buying and why.

-Frank
  • doccbdoccb Member Posts: 1
    I've had the same experience; they want to sell current inventory. I believe there is some sort of "penalty" to the dealer at the end of the month for remaining cars.
    Was interested in the Mars Red and there are none nearby. Iridium silver ...Plenty around in NJ but big push to sell the silver and some reluctance to factory order the red. Willing to throw in a package for which I had zero interest. Will give them time to re-think, significantly lower the silver price or go elsewhere to order. Or wait til the end of the month when they are more eager.
    Anyone recommend a dealer in Chicagoland area based on experiences and price before tax?
  • mbzmdfanmbzmdfan Member Posts: 2
    purchased new 2010 GLK 350 2WD with UMI which incl GPS IPod USB AUX input bluetooth, and Panorama SR. Sticker $38,215 invoice $36,201 final $33,402 plus s tx doc fee lic title tire $8.75 ttl $37,200. less $1300 credit towards two months pymt. total $6113 from sticker.
    GLK is super car, quiet, firm ride, great HK car fi, able to achieve 31.5 mpg, all fwy though. Harmon Kardon spkr awesome , but second to premium quartz spkr in my 95 EClass .

MBZMDFAN
  • njusernjuser Member Posts: 5
    Congrats MBZMDFAN. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

I have a couple questions: how do you get the first 2 payments credit, does the negotiated price includes 500 fleet program discount. also can you share the dealer name if possible.

Thanaks.
    MB-USA is running a deal where if you finance with them, you get 1.9% or 2.9% financing (depending on length of loan) and MB-USA will make your first 2 monthly payments (up to a total of $1,200). Details are available on their website.
    -Frank
    Two payments up to $1300. Not necessarily your first two payments, it depends on how long it takes to process. Mine was my second and third payments.
  • mbzmdfanmbzmdfan Member Posts: 2
    price indicated is much lower than fleet discount.
    MBCC [MBZ Credit Corp] promotion to San Fernando MBZ/other SoCal dealers offering to make two car loan or lease pymts [max $1300 for GLK. $1500 for ML /other models]. 36 months @1.9%.
  • njusernjuser Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your reply everyone.

I am looking to buy GLK MATIC with a heated seats and the base color (no additional cost) with MSRP of close to 38200 including destination charge. I am in NJ area and so far have three and got the lowest quote for 35,100.

What should be the right price for the above config? I am also considering a preowned if i can get a good deal.

Please let me know.

Thanks.
    $35k isn't a bad price.

The GLK is new for 2010 so good luck finding a pre-owned one :)

-Frank
    +1

According to TrueCar, invoice for that config is 36,201. You can at best probably knock off another couple hundred from the dealer's $35.1k price, but even still, the dealer's offer is pretty good I think.
    Try to get 10% off of the MSRP. Good luck!
  • brown1418brown1418 Member Posts: 8
    I am unable to locate the deal for the first 2 monthly payments on the MBUSA site. Is this deal still available?
    Hmm, looks like that deal has expired :(

On top of that, the 1.9% interest rate for 24-36 months has been replaced with a 2.9% rate and the rate for 37-66 months has gone up to 3.9% :(

-Frank
    I was at a dealer in the northern Chicago suburbs today and was able to get the following offer:

Black GLK 4Matic
    Premium 1
    COMAND Navigation
    Appearance Package
    Heated Front Seats
    Roof Spoiler

MSRP $44,695 and got quote of $40,650.

Does that seem like a good offer or would I be better off continuing to look around?
    Sounds like a pretty good deal.
  • be325be325 Member Posts: 91
    Hi,
    We are thinking of trading our 2008 C-300 Lux for ... GLK in 2011.
    C-300 is 182+" long and GLK is 178+" long. GLK is wider (10"?) so it shlud be more room up front.
    Anyone on the forum traded c-300 for GLK? ..... similar interior ......
    If you did ..... are you happy with your decision?
    Thanks.
    My wife traded a 2004 C 320 4Matic for a 2010 GLK 350 4Matic. She loves the GLK! Go for it and good luck.
    We were looking at the C300 Sport prior to deciding on the GLK. The dash and instrumentation are nearly identical. We chose the GLK due to the higher riding height and the increased utility.

-Frank
  • be325be325 Member Posts: 91
    Hi u-all,
    Thanks for sharing your observations.
    For those familiar with the 2008 C-300's dimensions......is the GLK noticeably wider inside?
    ..... Thanks.
    K
    I was originally thinking of purchasing a C series, but I am rather tall (6'8) and did not fit that well in it. The dealer pointed me to the GLK and I could tell a noticeable difference in interior room. I felt much more comfortable and like I had more room to move around.
    I finally purchased my GLK today. I think I was able to get a pretty good deal. I got the following:

Obsidian Blue 4Matic
    Premium Package
    COMAND Navigation
    Heated Front Seats

MSRP - $44,035, Invoice - $41,615

Got the car for $39,565 before TTL.
    That is a very good deal. I am sure you will enjoy your new GLK. Good luck!
    Very good price!! Curious as to where you nailed that deal?
    Concours Mercedes in Milwaukee, WI. I recommend anyone around the area give them a try. I had a great experience.
  • hrocket2khrocket2k Member Posts: 4
    I am negotiating price with dealer. The best price I can get is 10% off from MSRP. Is it a good deal?