Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota 4Runner

Comments

• meyersejmeyersej Member Posts: 13
    I'm starting to shop for a 4Runner and am leaning toward the Sport but am concerned that those special shocks (with the attachment for the pipe) will be expensive to replace down the road. Anybody have any ideas what they cost and how long they'll last?
  • tangmantangman Member Posts: 127
    Does anyone know when the dealers will get the specs and options for the 04 4-Runner? I am specifically looking to see if the air suspension will be an option for the Sport and if the Pacific Blue or Dorado Gold will be available for the Sport.

With regard to the sulfur smell posts, do you notice it right a way, or must one drive it a while? Bottom line, can you detect it on a test drive.
  • rogers12rogers12 Member Posts: 140
    Putting the tailpipe out the side of the truck, like the in the 3rd generation 4Runners, instead of out the rear might go a long way towards minimizing the smell problem.
  • rward99rward99 Member Posts: 185
    The colors red and green have been dropped for '04; all the rest are still available and white is available for the Limited. For the interior, charcoal has been dropped for the SE and now it is some color of "sand", same as the SR5. Limited has the two colors of leather as '03.

XREAS is available only on the SE and Limited, and air suspension is available only on the Limited. Third row seat on SR5 and Limited.

What other specs were you looking for? The engine and transmission are the same as '03, as is most of the rest of the SUV. Not many changes at all.

Build starts first of August with shipment from Japan starting first of September. (Gotta sell the rest of the '03s) Should be in the dealerships in the middle of September. Middle of my driveway in mid November ;-)
  • resumespeedresumespeed Member Posts: 52
    "Putting the tailpipe out the side of the truck, like the in the 3rd generation 4Runners, instead of out the rear might go a long way towards minimizing the smell problem."

How would that help when parking into ones garage every night? It would actually make it worse in that situation.
  • socal007socal007 Member Posts: 23
    Has the V-8 been increased by 5 hp to 240 ?
    I thought I read it in the new Tundra specs.
    Would the same increase apply to the 4-Runner ?
  • jagsdadjagsdad Member Posts: 56
    Do you have any details on the available 3rd row for '04 s. I was told the third row will fold up to the side, so it will dramatically reduce cargo space. Is the third row easily removable? Any idea on the cost of the 3rd row?

Also, a socal dealer submitted a build order for me about two weeks ago (Ltd, w/ Nav & X-REAS). They seem unsure as to when my vehicle will arrive. Should I expect my order will be with the first shipment of '04s?
    The major problem with the sulfur smell is when stopping with the engine running after driving hard like when you sit in traffic after hard acceleration. Parking in a garage is not typically the problem unless you idle the truck in the garage and you have just driven hard. This is easily preventable and not likely.

Having the tailpipe out the side will prevent alot of the exhaust being sucked under the truck by turbulence or in the rear door window by normal driving airflow or a following wind.

My point was that I wouldn't be surprised if Toyota puts the pipe out the side next year to help prevent some of this problem. If I had this problem with one of my vehicles, I would take it to a muffler shop and route the tailpipe out the side, if possible.
  • rward99rward99 Member Posts: 185
    I ordered my V-8 SE about 3 weeks ago. They start building the '04s on Friday (August 1st I was told) and will begin shipments to the States at the end of August. They always say 3-4 months on orders. I know people that got theirs in 3 and some in 4 and others in between. If you're in good with your salesman they can get a delivery time for you after it's been in the system for a while. Since this is my first order I'm just going on other's experiences. If I find out anything I'll post it here.

I don't have any information on the 3rd row seat, but since the GX470 and the 4Runner share the same basic design I would say look to that vehicle's seat layout and the new 4Runner will most likely look like that. The Lexus GX470 3rd seat comes with rear air conditioning and is $2,030. Judging from the Lexus pictures the rear seat backs fold down like a van, and they are removeable.

I have zero information on costs, and I'm told I won't have access to it until the 3rd week of August at the earliest. Dealerships will have it before I do, and they may have it already.
    I'm told there is a slight increase over '03 cost.
  • vodgutvodgut Member Posts: 162
    I thought the Tundra had always had 240HP in the V8, but only 315FT-LB of torque. It's probably because of some small differences in the intake and exhaust systems between the vehicles, rather than any change in the engine.
    I know some of you had been asking for offroading stories. Took my '03 V8 LTD offroading today northwest of Ft. Collins, CO. Suffice to say I was quite impressed with it's offroad abilities.

We did two trails, the first rated on the more difficult side of 'Easy'
    by the guide book. It had some steep parts, but wasn't too rocky. The
    second was rated about the middle of 'Moderate'. I wouldn't want to do
    anything too much more difficult than this one, mainly because of my own reluctance and fear of damage. Very rocky in some
    spots, managed to hit the skid plates or frame once or twice. No
    damage, though. Needed a spotter a couple times, but again
    the guide book suggested this might be necessary. High centered it a
    bit coming down off a little drop off, but locking the center diff,
    backing up, and going back slightly further to the one side got through
    it just fine. There were some somewhat steep or rutted places that were
    muddy, too, and some stream crossings.

Pics:
    http://www.lethean.net/trails/

The pictures don't do some of the rocky spots justice. You don't get the 3D perspective.

The two trails were 'Old Flowers Road' and 'Sevenmile Road'.
  • bcmalibu99lsbcmalibu99ls Member Posts: 625
    Keep'em coming :-)
  • kbhockeykbhockey Member Posts: 29
    Took the 03 SE for it's first long trip last week, broke 1000m mark. averaged 23mpg way out and 20mpg way back. mileage down on way back due to heavy cross winds, i think.

taking it in for TSB service for cold start 'squeaking' will post TSB detail and info when I get it. I have seen the TSB# on this board, but it doesn't match with what I saw at the dealer.

anyone have any recommendations on protecting/cleaning the grey cladding? mostly trying to prevent bugs from sticking/embedding.
  • terrafirmaterrafirma Member Posts: 212
    3rd row seats: The GX470 shares a platform but the roof is a few inches taller than the 4Runner making some differences in the interior layout. Personally, I think 3rd row seats would be a small-child punishment only type seat. I can't imagine it being anything more than swing-away jumpseats for 2 more people.

vodgut: Thanks for sharing! There are"other" 4Runner forums out there to learn from. Many 03 4Runner owners are doing some crazy off-roading and even though the truck just came out, already talking about lifts, bigger tires, etc. Keep it up!

Grey cladding: Wax is not good for the grey and I hear, believe it or not, gritty peanut butter is good to "polish" out any dings. I believe a good spray of ArmorAll is all that's needed for daily care.
  • suvowner1suvowner1 Member Posts: 33
    cool pics........does your 4runner have the x-reas or the air lift suspension ?? I noticed you mentioned you high centered once, that is on of the downsides of independent front suspension vs solid axle just a bit more tendency to high center in severe off-road situations, but it seems that the x-reas would help minimize the tendency to high center an ifs vehicle in some situations ??

http://www.4x4africa.com/article.php?sid=11
  • rentschlrentschl Member Posts: 69
    So now that it's been in the 90's almost every day here on the Colorado Front Range, my '03 V8 Limited has adopted a problem that my '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee had.

Whenever it's really hot (like mid 90's or greater) the engine is not quite as powerful. When it is behaving this way, it also had a distinctly different sound. The sound is almost like a choke valve is partially closed. It's kind of a lower tone sound than normal. I realize that it may not even have anything like a choke plate, but that's the only way I can describe it. It's got about 11,000 miles on it.

It was painfully obvious when climbing up Rabbit Ears Pass yesterday at about 60 mph and have it downshifting to 3rd gear. I normally leave it in 4th for this, in order to not have to have it keep going between 4th and 5th. But here it was going between 3rd and 4th!

To top it all off, I can't find anyone else on the web who's seen this problem. I'm worried that it will be a chore even getting a dealer to admit that there's a problem. If others had the problem I could just point to that problem and say I've got it.

Has anyone seen or heard anything about this type of problem on '03 4Runners?

Thanks,
    Eric
  • nedzelnedzel Member Posts: 787
    All normally aspirated engines (i.e., not turbo-charged) generate significantly less power at higher altitudes than at sea level. It's no surprise that the 4Runner would feel signicantly less powerful at altitude.
    I'm not talking about sea level versus altitude. I'm talking about the same everything (truck, location, altitude, number of passengers) except air temperature.

Also I'm not talking about slightly less power. It was much less power.

Rabbit Ears Pass is only around 9,500 feet. I've been over it many times with this truck. I was pointing out that I normally put it in 4th to avoid having it shift between 4th and 5th ON THIS PASS WITH THIS TRUCK.

When in this funny "high outside air temp" mode, it was shifting down to 3rd gear at times with all other facctors the same other than temperature. I've been over this pass many times with this truck at similar speeds and never had it downshift to 3rd (unless I was really punching it to pass). Note that before I got home, as the tempeature dropped, it switched back to "normal mode" with full power.

I have also seen it behave this way down here in Fort Collins (~5,000 feet) during the day while it's hot. Then it goes back to normal, full-power mode as temperatures drop later in the evening.

Also note that I've had the truck through Eisenhouer tunnel on I-70 (~11,000 feet) multiple times durring the late winter and was always very happy with the power. I had healthy acceleration on the uphill while travelling between 85-90 mph at altitude.

There's definitley somnething funny going on.

Hope that clears up what I'm trying to point out.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Yes, my 4Runner has X-REAS, but not the rear air suspension.
  • sacstate1sacstate1 Member Posts: 189
    Bad gas?
  • tacovivatacoviva Member Posts: 116
    I had my LR and RF shocks replaced under warranty. I did request an invoice and it was 1100 for two shocks. Ouch! They better not need replacing for a while. Also, I got the Sulphur smell with the windows up and A/C on recirc after merging on th freeway. Toyota District office is looking in to this as a health concern (I have a newborn).
  • bulychbulych Member Posts: 10
    to kbhockey
    the mileage numbers ? are they for a v8 0r v6.thanks
  • kbhockeykbhockey Member Posts: 29
    Hey Bulych-
    mileage numbers are for a V6-currently with 1400miles on it-

cheers
  • uktruckeruktrucker Member Posts: 14
    rentschl,

I too have noticed that in temps near to 100 fan roar appears to increase noticably and the truck moves slower. I assume this is the engine or possibly transmission being force cooled because of the heat, although the temp gauge looks fine. Once on the fan seems reluctant to switch off, even when on the highway, but an evening restart sees a return to normal. Maybe Toyota are being overcautious in their temperature settings.
    uktrucker: It's nice to NOT be the only person with a given problem;^)

Which fan are you referring to?

I ask this since unlike many cars today that have a motor powered cooling fan, the V8 Toyota's fan is right off of the crankshaft (like it's been done for a long time). I don't think this fan is controlled by anything. It just turns at the crankshaft speed.

I haven't looked into any details yet and I think your "forced cooling" idea is worth further consideration. The service manager of our local Toyota dealer is checking with the factory rep. tomorrow if he's heard anything about this problem. I'll post what I find out here.

As far as the bad gas theory, that's a good point. When I first noticed the problem I switched from the 87 octane that I had been exclusively using, over to the 91 octane. It didn't make any difference for 2 tanks so far.

I haven't paid alot of attention to exactly which gas station company I was using. I know that there has been talk of gas stations with bad gas and that could be an issue.

All ideas/comments appreciated and welcome.

Thanks,
    Eric
  • aheckaheck Member Posts: 36
    Hi group,

Been on the phone with a dealer who just "happens" to have gotten in the truck we want - Black SR5 V6 with the minimal options (like runing boards, rear spoiler, JBL stereo, etc). He is giving the speach that they really need to sell cars by the end of the month and I told him I won't pay any higher than $500 under their invoice. At first he said that no dealer would touch that price and then I said "well, thanks anyway for trying" and then all of a sudden he can probably do the deal if we come in this week. :)

Anyway, the dilema....we have 2 cars right now and don't have the immediate need for a truck, although I would like one sooner rather than later. The wife wants to wait another month or two and put some more $$ in savings (other cars are paid off) and I'm hoping that Toyota comes out with a 0% financing deal in August. You think that's possible?

The salesman also seems to think that he can get us a better deal with us buying this month, rather than waiting until the end of next month. I don't know how that could be possible. It's really gambling, cause they have pretty much the exact truck we want. Wish I knew how much longer they'll have the 2003's and what the August Incentives will be......

Just rambling,
    Aaron

P.S. By paying $500 under invoice, is the dealer still making $500 because of the $1000 that Toyota is giving to the dealers? Is that how that works?
  • sacstate1sacstate1 Member Posts: 189
    Yes, agree on the lowest price and then subtract the rebate/incentive. Don't mention trade-in, etc. keep the two transactions separate. The dealer will make more than you think, typically there is a 3-4% manufacturer holdback that the dealer makes for selling a car. This typically is not communicated to the 'average' car buyer. Don't worry if the dealer is making money, if it wasn't they wouldn't be talking to you. I got my vehicle for $500 below invoice and right before we started to sign the papers, I remembered an additional $500 teacher rebate they were offering, wife is a teacher. Kabam! The dealer was not happy with that, but hey, hold your cards until the end. The dealer will make a killing on you with service and warranty bill back to Toyota.
    If Toyota is giving $1000 to dealers (which I understand is the current deal), theoretically, you could buy the truck for $1000 under invoice, and they'd still be making their holdback?

On a side note, has anyone ever put the tan leather in the black truck? If so, how does it look? Are the insides different (carpet, trim, etc) based on the color of the seats? i.e. if I want the tan leather seats do I need to look for a truck with the tan cloth seats first?

Thanks group - you guys are great!

Aaron
  • azrunnerazrunner Member Posts: 16
    I too have noticed the engine "growl" at temps above 98 degrees F. The first time I heard it while driving through Phoenix, AZ I thought the engine had a problem.

Now I realize that it always happens when the outside temp is up near 100. I guess it is some sort of fan/cooling mechanism.

I have also noticed that our 2001 Tundra makes the same noise on a more regular basis.
  • micksdad1micksdad1 Member Posts: 32
    Thanks terrafirma for your postings thus far. I am looking at a 4Runner in good part because of the roll down rear window. I have a yellow lab who goes almost everywhere with me. He loves to stick his head out the windows of the second row seats of my Highlander but I've frankly have gotten tired of having to vacuum out the car every weekend because there is hair everywhere! I'd like to be able to stick him in the cargo area of the 4Runner, roll down the window and hopefully not generate too much hair throughout the rest of the vehicle. I am also looking at leather seats to make it easier to clean. I would love to hear whether your dog enjoys the cargo area of the 4Runner, the type of dog you have, how the 4Runner does with dog hair with the rear window open and what you do to minimize the hair problem. Thanks.
    I have a big (80lbs.) shorthaired dog. You can do a test drive but with the front windows down and the cargo hatch window down, it just feels like a great breeze through the cabin- no turbulence. I haven't done this above city speeds but so far so good. No hair flying everywhere.
    Yeah, it's perfect because the dog can stick his head out the back. When he's sitting down on his belly, he rests his chin on the edge of the hatch/open window-so you don't need to fold down the rear seats for him to get at an open window. There is plenty of room in the cargo area. I love the power rear window. You can open it from your remote too. A very nice feature is the auto-lock rear hatch so you just gently close the hatch and the latch automatically grabs and locks it! Very gentle and you don't need to slam the hatch down on your dog.

Unless you do it aftermarket, you can only get leather in the Limited. It would be much easier to keep hair off leather than fabric, definite no-brainer. But for me that was like $3500-4000.00 upgrade just for leather. No thanks.
    The fabric is ok. The same as the Highlander fabric I suppose. I haven't had rampant dog hair issues, maybe because of the short hair.

If you have problems with that, there are high quality seat covers you can buy for only a couple hundred dollars-front and back. I might do that just to save the seats from sweat/ use/sun.
    Also you can get great rubber, color matched cargo area protectors from Husky or Nifty (OEM spec-Toyota dealers carry Nifty)
    OK so others have noticed this.

98-100 degrees seems like a pretty low temperature to have to suffer reduced power output in my opinion. It would seem that in some areas of the south-west you would have this every day for a substantial part of the year.

So first I'd like to get Toyota's opinion.

As I said earlier, I'll post a followup on this when I hear what the Toyota factory rep tells our local dealer.

Cheers,
    Eric
  • rokinkrokink Member Posts: 25
    In South Florida, the roar happens above 90 Degrees F. The truck does get "lazy" when it happens, but I do not consider it a problem, just normal operation of a big engine.

I would like to know what causes it. Fan or air intake?
  • bmw323isbmw323is Member Posts: 410
    Eric, I wish I could remember more, but I have read about the high temperature power robbing issues on other message boards (not Toyota). It seems the discussion centered on the O/2 sensor and that it had to cut out fuel based on the sensors inability to match the correct oxygen content with fuel. Warmer air temperatures starve the engine of the correct air to fuel mixture. I know I've read that the optimum operating situation for any naturally aspirated vehicle is sea level and about 40 degrees Fairenheit. I think I'm missing a key point here, but I can't remember what it was. In any case, high elevation as well as high temperatures rob the engine of power.

Vodgut, nice pictures. I live in Denver and want to take the 4Runner on some trails as well. However, like you, I don't want to damage a new vehicle. I have a guidebook for 4X4 trails and will try one in the next few weeks. I'm willing to takle some trails that are moderatatly rated. Last year I took a nice ride over Hagerman Pass (between Leadville and Basalt). Some large boulders, steep inclines, and a great stream crossing (good photo op) yet still easily passable with a good 4WD - and the views were great. Even had to drive through snow in July. Keep us informed on your adventures. It's great to see others use these vehicles off-road.
  • nedzelnedzel Member Posts: 787
    "Rabbit Ears Pass is only around 9,500 feet" Only? That high an altitude will create a dramatic reduction in power.
  • tfuzztfuzz Member Posts: 93
    I noticed this too. Over the weekend I was driving in Kansas with the outside temp reading 108. I thought the vehicle seemed just a little sluggish (not sure if it was noisier), for instance when passing. I also thought it was downshifting more on hills (more like it does when pulling the trailer) but didn't give it another thought until I saw this thread. I don't think it is a real problem, but I will pay more attention next time it is really hot.
  • erisareperisarep Member Posts: 16
    The fan clutch reacts to ambient temperature and slips when cooling is not needed. It locks when more cooling is necessary. When it locks, the rpm of the cooling fan is higher, thus the noise. This is not new technology and has been utilized for years. It is called a viscious clutch mechanism. I doubt that it has that much of an effect on engine output.
    Has anyone tried 93 octane fuel?
  • onyeiiionyeiii Member Posts: 25
    AFAIK, for all combustion engines, including cars enginers, combustion turbines, etc. power output is reduced at higher ambient air temperatures. This is because the air density decreases with increasing temps (this is why hot air ballons rise). There is a corresponding reduction in the amount of O2 in a given volume of air, resulting in less fuel input for even combustion, thus - less power. It makes sense that this condition would be aggravated by higher altitudes, which also results in a corresponding reduction in air density, O2, etc.
  • bkahn1bkahn1 Member Posts: 7
    The Edmunds site reports a $1,500 dealer assistance payment on SR5 4Runners. I live in South Florida (Jupiter). My dealer says the $1,500 dealer assistance only applies to the older units with the grey cladding, and not the newer 'appearance package' trucks. Does anyone know the answer to this one? I'm supposed to pick up my truck on Tuesday and would really like to know before closing the deal. Thank you.
  • micksdad1micksdad1 Member Posts: 32
    Thanks terrafirma for your response. One reviewer of the vehicle indicated his dog loved to "surf the breeze" with the moonroof and cargo hatch window open. What do you think that's all about? It kind of scares me -- seems to suggest all the hair is moving from the back to the front when both are open. Also any other dog owners who take their dogs out for a ride in the 4Runner?
    We traded our Highlander for a 4Runner. We take two Belgian Tervurens with us everywhere we go. However, they are confined to the back by a barrier, or else travel in secured dog crates. It was the same with the HL. We definitely need a sign for our vehicles: "If you don't like dog hair, don't sit on the seats"! We have a limited (the HL was also a LTD), so the leather helps with cleaning. I really like the roll down rear window in the Runner for ventilation, but don't drive at highway speeds with it down because of exhaust fumes. I mostly roll it down a little when parked or driving a short distance. By the way, the barrier uses screw jacks to wedge itself in. On both the HL and the Runner I use(d) folded wash cloths keep from imprinting the circular pad impressions into the headliner.

I don't think there is a whole lot of difference with hair in the air between the HL and Runner, though. Frankly, I thought our Sienna with the flip out rear windows was better in this regard, but we still had hair flying around.

The Runner, though, with the sunroof and the roll down rear window, is much easier to keep cool in the cargo area when parked than the HL was--if there is a breeze (we are VERY careful about this, since it can still get dangerously hot quickly). The Runner also has AC vents right behind the front seats that can be aimed to blow into the rear--I don't think the HL had that.

One major caution about the roll down rear window--make darn sure the dogs don't have their heads out when you roll it up. The window wants to roll all the way up with one push and could trap a dog's head. It takes a very light touch to roll it up a bit at a time instead of all the way up without stopping. If you push too hard and the window heads up automatically you can stop it with a down push, but it is tricky. I haven't checked to see how much it takes for the window to reverse automatically when hitting an obstacle, but I am leery of it. For that matter, the window goes all the way down the same way, which could invite a dog to jump out the back if it opens all the way. Personally, I would much rather the window move up and down only when the button is held down, rather than with one push.

When we had the HL one of the Tervs was a puppy. She chewed up the carpet in the back. We bought a Husky cargo liner to go over the folded rear shelf system in the Runner and that seems to work well (on long trips I wrap it in an old blanket to make it softer for them). I also find that ArmorAll wipes work well for getting slobbers off the vinyl and Invisible Glass works better for me than Windex in getting noseprints off the windows. As mentioned in a previous post, the self-closing hatch on the Runner is very nice--my dogs didn't much like having the hatch slammed on the HL--noisy and the air pressure probaby hurt their ears. You don't have to do that with the Runner. Just gently push the hatch down and it will secure itself without slamming.

The dogs have probably been back there for at least 15,000 of the 23,000 miles we have on the Runner and so far no visible damage. The HL wasn't so fortunate. I would have to say the runner is more "dog friendly" in the back than the HL was, but not by a huge margin.
  • kb28kb28 Member Posts: 25
    Do any of you dealer types know when Toyota will accept orders for the 2004 model 4Runner. My dealer originally told me it would be July 1 and delivery would be in December. (This is after they messed up on my order for a 2003; gave deposit in April with a July promised delivery, but told in June delivery would be in September, so I cancelled opting for 2004.) Here it is July 28 and I am being told Toyota is still NOT accepting orders for 2004. Are these people totally incompetent or is this real? Any advice appreciated.
    Fortunately, the rear hatch window has a safety feature built in. When it senses something in the way, it will automatically stop and go back down.
    I've never tested it but it is in the manual.

This will keep your doggie's nose happy and keep you idiot-proofed from closing the glass with something (like a tent pole or anything) that could break the glass.

edit- I see you already wrote that auto feature, sorry I missed that in your writeup. However, like a garage door opener, I don't think it takes much to make it go back down. Stick a sneaker or piece of packing foam in there to test it out.
    I believe someone said the 04's come out in September.
    I just went out and tried the auto-reverse on the rear window. It did reverse when it hit my arm, but it pinches moderately before the reverse engages. I would hate for my dogs to have the glass close on their throats. It would reverse before choking them, but it appears to me they could injure themselves trying to jump back before the glass goes down enough to release their head. I believe it could also injure their throat (I suppose I could stick my head in there and try it--but maybe someone else will take up that challenge). Although this may not be a major hazard, I am going to continue to be very careful since I usually have the glass down enough for them to stick their heads out but not jump out.
    You're braver than me! I would've sacrificed my sneaker for the test. :)

I agree 100%. No substitute for diligence with the dogs. It is nice to know that the safety is there for a "worse case scenario" or for other less valuable things (like a 2x4 or whatever) to keep you from doing something stupid.

Yes, it is nice that you can have the window exactly where you want it- to keep the doggie on the right side of the glass.

For those of you considering the 4Runner, the rear window can be opened by remote, dash switch or key in the hatch keyhole (next to the license plate). It is closed with either the dash switch or keyhole, not remote (a safety feature I guess).
  • jonnytightjonnytight Member Posts: 15
    hey everyone, i had a question, i have 99 4runner sr5, i wanted to open up the housings and remove the orange plastic cover that makes the light orange. so i will have a white light (like the backup lights), basically "clear corners". i have taken off the housing but i cant get the housing off from the plastic glass, it seems toyota has glued the plastic glass to the housing.....has anyone taken this off?
    i can by the aftermarket parts, but i wanna save some money...let me know if anyone has any advice.
    bkahn1,

Here's what's from the Edmund's comment's section re: the $1500 rebate.

"Incentives may vary and are subject to change at any time by the manufacturer; contact your local dealer for details. Not available on vehicles equipped with the Appearance Package or Color-Keyed Overfenders."
  • 714cut714cut Member Posts: 355
    Talking to a guy that works at the airport. He said they have to allow for loss of power when its hot. He said up to 30% less power for a jet at extreme high temperatures. I don't know how accurate this is but the point is it does have an impact on power.