Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Jaguar XF Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to help you out, dulnev. According to the latest information that I have seen, Jaguar's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 XF Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00196 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    That is an attractive number. I would suggest seeing what the rate would be for 12k miles per year -- 42 months. Then ask for 12k miles for 36 months. If you put a full 15k miles 42 months you are probably looking at tires and brakes. I would think that would be a tidy sum for a Jag which makes the lease number jump to account for those expenses.
  • dallasptdallaspt Member Posts: 7
    Car Man, I leased a 2009 Supercharged XF approx 10 months ago, I have a 36 month lease and i am paying $899 per month for 45k miles (36k left). I love the car but the wifes just had a baby and you know the story, so im looking to get the lease transfered. I have looked into some of the usual lease trading sites and my question to you is are they legitimate and does the process work and if so do you think my numbers are good enough to find someone to transfer the lease to. I thought i got a pretty good deal but im no expert. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Don't know how your lease will sell but swapalease is legit. People offer incentives for quicker sale. Maybe car-man can comment re the payment vs your car. Any other Jags on swapalease?
  • sls1sls1 Member Posts: 45
    I'm considering leasing a 2010 xf premium. Does anyone know the current money factor and residual value is? and are they competitive figures compared to Mercedes and BMW?
    Hi dallaspt. Oh yes, as coupe lover and a father of two I know the story all too well ;) . Congratulations on the new arrival. Don't worry, having kids is great..well worth driving a larger vehicle.

On the bright side, it's not like you have a Porsche Boxster or something like that. At least the XF is a sedan with reasonable trunk space. You should be able to manage if you have to. I say that because unfortunately it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

You may be able to use a site like swapalease to find someone who is willing to assume your lease, but you may find that you will have to sweeten the pot so to speak to get someone to take your car off of your hands. I suppose that subsidizing your car by say $100 per month would still be less than the hit that you would end up taking by trying to get our of your lease early though. I haven't heard anything negative about swapalease. That's the site that I would use if I was interested in getting out of my car early.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings sls1. According to the latest information that I have seen, through January 6th Chase's (Jag runs all of its special leases through them) money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 XF Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00196 and 51%, respectively.

Jaguar is scheduled to introduce its new January lease program on the 7th. Please feel free to check back with me then and I'll gladly provide you with an update.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Carman. Have they released the new program yet? Have you seen any strong programs for January? Mercedes, BMW etc
    Does anyone know what Jaguars standard inception fees are?
  • lennynchrislennynchris Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    I too am interested in the new XF Supercharged (also maybe XFR) lease rates...

Thanks in advance...
    Chris
    You're welcome, sls1. I did have an opportunity to look at the new January lease program. Jaguar's new Jan. money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 XF Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00158 and 49%, respectively.

Generally speaking, BMW's January lease program appears to be worse than its December program was. Mercedes-Benz extended its December program through today or tomorrow, so I haven't seen what its new numbers are like yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey sls1. The last time that I checked, Chase (Jaguar runs all of its special leases through them) charged a $795 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Chris. Jaguar's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 XF Supercharged with 15,000 miles per year are .00179 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • drew217drew217 Member Posts: 7
    Comparing the monthly payments for the Jan 6 money factor and residual to the new January numbers, the payments are only less by $2.02 cents per month before sales tax.
    Where are you guys finding money factor rates of .00158? I just called the dealership here in Houston and they quoted me a money factor of .0034 on a 36 month lease for either 12 or 15k miles on a 2010 XF Premium.
    Any idea when the new Jaguar lease rates will come out? Are they going to change in March?
    Hi drew217. Jaguar's January lease program is scheduled to run for the entire quarter (through March 31st).

Car_man
    Host
    The ad on edmunds says you can lease one for about $650 plus taxes and fees.
  • seisei Member Posts: 5
    currently working on a XF luxury deal

55k with vision and bowers
    39 mon / 12k per year
    2500 down including ( 1st payment, tax, 1st year fees(?) (700), aq fees, doc fee )

750-760 inc tax per month

what do you think car man?
    Hi sei. Is $55,000 this car's MSRP or selling price? I really need to know both numbers to give you an opinion on the deal that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    That's the MSRP. I don't have the selling price numbers...should i ask them?
    just checked, 47370 would be the selling price
    Also forgot to mentino that it was a 36 mon lease. not 39.
  • rorabackroraback Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I'm up in Washington State and have negotiated the following but the payment is different than what the lease guide calculator I'm using says:

XF Supercharged

MSRP $68,000
    Negotiated $65,100 + Another $1500 Early Trade-In Incentive
    Residual 49%
    MF .00179
    $5000 Down(3880 toward cap reduction)
    36 Month Lease
    8.5% Sales Tax

Monthly Payment
    $1046

Please advise. Thanks.
  • jinocjinoc Member Posts: 7
    I'm getting what I think sounds like a good offer on a 36 month, 15,000 mile/yr lease. $2,500 in driveoffs and $678/month before tax. This is the basic Luxury trim line with an MSRP of $52,000.

How does this sound?
    Hi roraback. I just crunched some numbers using the info that you provided in your post and I came up with a zero down, pre-tax payment of $1,015. With a $3,800 capitalized cost reduction, this payment drops to around $903.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jinoc. I always find that the easiest way to evaluate whether a lease is a good deal is to look at the vehicle's selling price. Without this number it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • jinocjinoc Member Posts: 7
    Good question! Selling price is $46,126. Invoice is $48,347. MSRP is $52,000

Let me know! Thanks
  • elcid88elcid88 Member Posts: 1
    Leasing an XF Portfolio Edition 2010
    MSRP $62,200
    Negotiated price - $53,000
    lease length - 36mo
    money factor - .0019
    residual - $30,215
    Net cap cost reduction - 14,800
    monthly payment is - 421
    Due at sign 2,600 for 1st payment, taxes, lease inception and all DMV lic & reg fees

Need to pull trigger tomorrow

Thanks
  • dchamp72dchamp72 Member Posts: 25
    Car Man or anyone else,

Seems like a lot of people are trying to make deals on the XF. Here is what I am being offered from two different dealers on an XF Premium with the upgraded stereo. Any thoughts?

Dealer 1 -- 42 months/ 12k
    MSRP=$59,175
    Selling Price=$56,500
    Residual= 46%
    MF=0.00194
    $1206 due at signing
    Mthly Pmt=$867.02

Dealer 2
    36 months/12k -- $865/month and $865 due at signing
    48 months/12k -- $825/month and $825 due at signing

Dealer 1 also has a Supercharged that was a reps car with 5591 miles on it -- never titled. MSRP=$68,000 / Selling Price=$58,250 / 42 months / 12k / Residual=46% / MF=0.00229 / $1229 due at signing / $890 per month
  • stash20stash20 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car Man and others,

Here is what I got for XF Premium -

MSRP - 59200
    Gross Cap Cost 54296
    Down Payment 1670
    Monthly Payment - 869 + tax
    Terms 36 monyhs and 12,000 miles a year.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
    Hi All,

Here is the deal I ended up with on the XF Premium -- picked the car up this past Saturday and love it!

MSRP - $59,625
    Term - 36 mos / 12k
    Monthly Payment - $809.75
    Down Payment - $1180 (first months payment + tax, title, etc.)
  • bmukbmuk Member Posts: 4
    Hi dchamp72,

That's a great deal on an XF Premimum with extras (I'm guessing Premium Sound + a couple of other accesories)! Congrats! :)

Do you mind sharing where you got the car, what the final sale price was and if it included any Jaguar Finance Lease Incentives or Sales Tax.

I am in TX and would LOVE to get a similar deal.

Thanks.
    My pleasure. It is an XF Premium with the Bowers & Wilkins stereo, heated steering wheel, and electric rear sunshade. The MSRP was $59,625 -- I'll have to check the lease to see the actual sales price. I did receive a $1000 rebate/incentive in connection with my existing lease. I got the car at Scott Jaguar in Charlotte, NC and received an almost identical offer from Hampton Jaguar in Columbia, SC. The car is registered in SC so sales tax is limited to $300 -- although you need to separately pay a personal property tax which came to $1000. The personal property tax is a SC requirement and is outside of the car deal and so obviously it is not negotiable.

Good luck with your purchase -- the car is great!!
    Just curious the monthly payment you were quoted , was it with tax included?
  • wheatenvwheatenv Member Posts: 8
    Car Man (or anyone else):

Do you know MF and residual (10k miles) for April 2010 XF base model and Premium?

thanks!
    Hi,

I'd like to extend that query to April MF and Residuals for 12K miles and 36 months as well, for an XF Premium.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the quick response, dchamp72!

Can you please send me an email at bmuk@mailinator.com with the name of the Sales person you dealt with at Scott Jaguar and Hampton Jaguar along with your first name? It will help me establish the connection and set the right context with them in my attempt to work out a similar deal.

Much appreciated and I hope to be a fellow proud XF-P owner soon!

Thanks in advance!
    Yes. $809.75 is my total monthly payment.
  • bluesman78bluesman78 Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2010
    Hey Drew217:

I am also in Houston. Can we talk about the Houston dealers and your experiences?

So far, dealers have only been offering me leases that coincide with the national program. $699 for 36 months with the $4000 cap cost reduction for 10 K Miles.

I want an XF Premium. Don't mind a down payment.

Can one beat the nationally advertised program?
    Bluesman78,

If you want to really get a good deal, call up a dealer in RI. They offered me over 6k off MSRP instead of the $4K in Houston, and better yet they quoted me the bank rate for the money factor on the lease. Every other dealer I talked to in Houston quoted me way over the bank rate for the money factor. Good luck. Instead of a Jag I went ahead and purchased a 425HP Dodge Challenger SRT8 and am loving it.
  • HI there, does anyone have the money factors and residuals they can post for the 2010 XF and XF premiums along with mileage (10k,12k,15k) ?

Thanks so much
    Hi wheatenv. Jaguar's April lease money factor and residual value for 36 month lease of a 2010 XF Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 XF Premium are .00158 and 52%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, bmuk. Jaguar's April lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 XF Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00158 and 51%, respectively.

As I mentioned in my previous post, make sure to take the $1,000 dealer cash that is currently available on this car into account when negotiating your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wildcat_1. Please see my reply in Post #146 for the information that you're looking for.

Jaguar's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 1% lower than its 10,000 mile per year residuals.

Its 15,000 mile per year residuals are 3% lower than its 10k resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • bluesman78bluesman78 Member Posts: 7
    A couple questions

1) So is it at all possible to get a better "deal" than hte $699 offered for the premium with the approrpiate down payment. I want to compare apples and apples

2) For residual, is it a percentage of MSRP or sales price.
    Hi bluesman78. Vehicles' residual values are calculated using a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

Manufacturers' official advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition can often beat the selling prices that are used to calculate advertised deals.

Car_man
    Host
  • mineshgmineshg Member Posts: 6
    Hello CarMan,

What would be the best rate possible which i would get for a Jaguar XF for 12,000 miles and for 36 months?? the last deal which i got for Jaguar XF was $700/month including taxes for 12,000 miles and for 36 months...i dont want to spend more that $550/month including taxes. Do you think so that i will be able to negotiate so much on the Jaguar XF??
    Hello mineshg. Jaguar's May lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 XF with 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 49%, respectively.

I'd be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in getting for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and invoice price. You can find those numbers over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • rjh6rjh6 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man -

Can you review the following for me for a Jag XF?

MSRP- $55,000
    Selling - $49,500
    36 months
    12k miles
    $1000 rebate
    $900 due at lease signing
    Monthly payment is - $805 (including taxes and fees)
    Dealer driven car with 1900 miles
This discussion has been closed.