Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Jaguar XF Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
edited May 2015 in Jaguar
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Jaguar XF Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Jaguar XF page.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• veebee66veebee66 Member Posts: 8
    Please could you help me with the Lease details for the Jaguar XF 2009 Luxury (base) model? Miles: 10,000/yr (if offered) 36 month.
    Money Factor, Residual etc.

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi veebee66. Here is the information that you're looking for. Jaguar's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX Luxury with 10,000 miles per year are .00155 and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Wow! That is a pretty decent lease program for a Jag...

Wonder how big of a discount you can get from MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• veebee66veebee66 Member Posts: 8
    That's a pretty awesome deal. Thanks a ton...
  • sellmyhome55sellmyhome55 Member Posts: 3
    Could you please explain what that means -

"36 month lease of a 2009 FX Luxury with 10,000 miles per year are .00155 and 61%, respectively. "
  • tryingtobuyonetryingtobuyone Member Posts: 9
    I am currently looking at a lease in NJ. XF Luxury Premium. I am 800 dollars a month incl tax for 15k. He told me that the moeny factor is .0155 but said thru US Bank the residual is 41%. Is this correct? Above it says 61%.. Big difference.
  • themaventhemaven Member Posts: 5
    When do you think the 2010's will be advailable in dealerships? Looking at the new premium luxury?
  • basamxbasamx Member Posts: 17
    Take my advice man, DO NOT LEASE THROUGH US BANK!!! I save $8 a month on a 350z lease with them and it was the WORST experience I every had. Once they tack on more fees, secondly if you every sell the car or trade it in early it's a nightmare dealing with the lease department in New Jersey. That office is full of incompetent morons. They fumble my payoff check for over 7 weeks and then had the nerve to report a late payment to the credit bureau. After many, many, many frustrating conversation I was able to have the negative information removed. I'm not even going to mention how long it took to get a simple pay off quote. When you see US BANK. RUN!
    You're very welcome, veebee66. Yeah, I was surprised that Jag's lease program was this decent as well. The XF is a pretty nice car. I had an opportunity to drive one around the track and it performed admirably. Plus, you don't see a ton of them on the roads. It's nice to be different.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey sellmyhome55. Money factors and residual values are two of the inputs that are used to calculate lease payments. The money factor is used to calculate the interest portion of your payment. You can convert it into an approximate interest rate equivalent by multiplying it by 2400. So a money factor of .00155 is equivalent to an interest rate of around 3.72%.

The residual value is used to calculate the other half of your lease payment, the depreciation portion. During the course of the three years that you have your car, the bank that you are leasing through estimates that it will lose approximately 39% of its value (MSRP). As a lessee you have to pay for this depreciation.

It sounds like you are new to leasing. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi themaven. I really don't know when the 2010 Jaguar XF will be introduced. It is still a little early for '10s (man it feels weird to type that). The only 2010 model that is out right now is the Mercedes GLK. I would guess that the 2010 XF won't be out for several months, but you may be able to get a better idea by asking around over in the "2009 Jaguar XF" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
  • drjmakdrjmak Member Posts: 19
    what dealer is that at and what options?
  • mega2mega2 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks so much Car Man for your help on these topics.

Got an offer on a lease and the numbers don't seem to add up, can you tell me why my numbers might not jive with their numbers? Thanks.

XF Pre Lux '09
    MSRP $57,350
    Initial Cap Cost $46,100
    Residual 41%
    $ Factor .00229
    Down Payment $4,399
    36 mo - 12k/yr
    Monthly cost = $713.36 + tax

When I do the math I get: $505.22 + $149.34 = $654.56/mo

I deducted Down from Initial Cap to get Net Cap, is that wrong?

Thanks again for your help.
  • travelguytravelguy Member Posts: 12
    I am looking to lease a 2009 XF Luxury Premium (red with Beige Interior).
    MSRP was $58587.
    36 Months, 15K/year.
    Let me know if anyone can advise on what a good lease rate would be.
  • drjmakdrjmak Member Posts: 19
    i can get for about 815 a month with nothing down except for inception fees in nj thru us bank and jaguar
    No problem,mega2. Let's work up a payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a car that has an MSRP of $57,350, a capitalized cost of $46,100, a money factor of .00229, and a residual value of 41% for 36 months, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $786.82.

A $4,399 capitalized cost reduction (which I strongly urge against making) would lower this car's monthly payment to around $654.55. If the $4,399 is the money due at lease signing, which includes the first month's payment, security deposit, acquisition fee, and other assorted fees, instead of entirely a cap cost reduction this car's payment would bee higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman:

I have thru various postings about the residual for Jaguar XF for 36 months and 15 K miles/year.
    I have seen a residual of 41% and also seen a residual of 50%.
    Can you advise what the real residual value would be?

Thanks
    Travelguy
  • anon3anon3 Member Posts: 147
    I asked a dealer the same question (when will the 2010 XF be available). One salesman with 20 years of jag experience said Jaguar tends to stay true to the model year (not releasing the next model in May like some manufacturers) and the 2010 will be available around November 2009. However, he said that they have so many vehicles queued up and in storage at the ports (dealerships aren't selling enough cars in this economy and they have run out of storage space at the lots) that 2010 XFs could be hard to get until they clear out the 2009s.
    Hi travelguy. Jaguar recently pulled the plug on its special lease program through Jaguar Credit. If you really want to lease an XF right now, you are going to have to do so through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
    Car man
    I just got my XF Premium with B & W stereo, Advance Vision package and Siruis radio - MSRP 58850.
    For 36 months - 15K miles/year
    0 down
    Including all taxes my lease is 785/month.
    It is thru US Bank

This is the best I could get.
  • woofbitewoofbite Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone used or heard of Leasefax? They run an ad in the Wall Street Journal for an XF at $699 a month, 39 months. Sounds cheap but is sort of meaningless without more info and their website is pretty skimpy. I just wondered if they are legit before I call.
  • jagleaserjagleaser Member Posts: 1
    Car Man: am looking for a 36 month lease in South Florida for an '09 XF w/ Nav. I'm being told that residual values have dropped to 37-40%, depending on annual mileage (I need at least 15k miles/year. The dealers I've spoken to are offering cap costs of approx. 15% off MSRP (which is actually below the listed invoice price and less than the TMV price), but the total prices don't seem to be in line.

For example, I was offered a lux XF with Nav at the net cap cost of $43,000; residual value = 40%, MF = .00224. With $1972 due at signing, the monthly payment quoted is $816 plus tax.

Thoughts???
    Congratulations on getting your new XF, travelguy. I rreally liked the car when I had a chance to drive it. As an added bonus, you don't see very many of them on the roads, unlike BMWs and Mercedes which are a dime a dozen in many areas.

Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you have the time, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jagleaser. Jaguar currently runs its "official" special lease program on the XF through Chase. I have heard that it made some revisions to its special program this month, but I don't have the specifics yet. It would not surprise me if this car's residual values were that low...but I'll have to check.

Car_man
    Host
  • sloan5sloan5 Member Posts: 5
    Travelguy,

I know it has been almost a month since your post but I would love to have that deal you got on the Premium Luxury XF. Right now the best I am getting from one dealer is as follows:

Premium Luxury with Advanced Vision Pkg, Cold Climate Pkg, Warm Climate Pkg, Navigation with $1400 of chrome upgrades:

MSRP: $58,950
    Selling Price: $46,856.82
    36 months
    $3500 Drive Off
    $810.98/month

I am told residual is at 40%

Seems to me that is still really high compared to your deal. Am I correct in understanding that you didn't put anything down and your car had the same packages? Any advice for me?

Thank you in advance.
  • chachamchacham Member Posts: 6
    I just got a quote in South Florida for:
    XF Supercharged 36 month 12,000/yr
    Initial: $ 1,285.43
    Lease Factor .00241
    42 % residual
    Sales Price 55,047.12
    890.66/Month

Is that a good deal ?
  • myjord7myjord7 Member Posts: 2
    Which Jag dealership in SoFlo???..... was $55,047. the cap cost??... who is
    the bank financing???... does the $890.66/ mo. incl sales tax??? and is the
    $1285.43 the inception fee ( 1st mo., tags, fees, etc.)...... are you sure the lease
    term is 36 mos???....
    Sloan 5:
    The only thing I had to do was write a check for $1008 which covered the first month's payment, plus title, doc etc fee.
    The MSRP was $58500 on my XF premium.Residual is 40% and selling price was $42,000.
    I live in IL and bought in IN as they were the only ones that gave the deal.

Nish
    Hi Nish,

Thanks for the feedback. I know you are across the continent but should that really make a difference in the lease deal I can get in CA? They are now at $799/month with $3500 Drive Off. It is a completely loaded Premium XF listed at $58,500 selling it to me for the $46,600 price or somewhere in that area. But it is still about $4000 above what you paid and with $2500 more down.

Am I getting a bad deal?
    Any opinions would be so appreciated. I hope to decide by Thursday.

Thank you.
    I'm also curious what color XF you purchased....?
  • gmsalvationgmsalvation Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I just got a quote from a metro Detroit dealer for a Premium Luxury lease for 39 months, 15k miles, and $2500 due at signing for $739 (including tax). They actually emailed me a very detailed quote so I figured I would post it to get opinions:

Sale Vehicle: New 2009 JAGUAR XF * 4dr Sdn Premium Luxury w/AC ,
    Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term: 39
    Base Payment: 697.87
    Total Payment: 739.74
    Purchase Option: 21,199.50
    MSRP: 56,350.00
    Est. Miles Per Year: 15,000
    Disposition Fee: 395.00
    Excess Mileage Charge: 0.18

Money Due at Inception
    1st Month Payment: 739.74
    Security Deposit: 0.00
    Acq Fee (Upfront): 0.00
    Fees & Ins: (Upfront) 227.00
    Upfront Taxes: 96.98
    Cap Reduction (Cash): 1,436.28
    Total Out of Pocket 2,500.00
    Customer Rebates: 0.00
    Total Initial Charges: 2,500.00

Tax Information
    Customer State: Michigan Customer County: STATE INCLUSIVE
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown Tax 96.98 6.0000 Upfront
    Monthly Tax 41.87 6.0000 Capped

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Registration 8.00 Upfront
    Title 15.00 Upfront
    Other 24.00 Upfront
    Doc Fee 180.00 Upfront
  • gmsalvationgmsalvation Member Posts: 6
    I've been able to negotiate my previous quote down to $1,500 at signing and $726/month, and they are throwing in chrome vents. Any thoughts?
  • sai1sai1 Member Posts: 23
    Carman,

If the info is available, can you please give me the April 2009 lease rates for a Jaguar XF (Luxury and Premium Luxury)? Would you happen to know if Jaguar Credit/US Bank offer a 24 month lease on the XF?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Travelguy, which IN dealership did you buy from?

Thanks.
  • squid7squid7 Member Posts: 1
    I was qouted 1000.09 per month on a 36 month lease. My question is were did you guys lease your cars? From what everyone says here the price i was qouted is a little ridiculous. Im in Illinois. Please help me out.
    Hi sai1. Jaguar's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 XF Luxury with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an XF Premium Luxury are .00023 and 51%. This program is being run through Chase. Jag is not providing lease support through Jaguar Credit any more.

Car_man
    Host
  • green33green33 Member Posts: 8
    anybody out there have any recent buying/lease experiences? i am looking at an 09 xf prem luxury with msrp of approx 60k, i see people here have got deals on that car in the 45k range, i can't find a dealer that will go that low. please provide advice or recent experiences.

thank you
    I just recently leased an XF Premium.
    I can get you details.
    email me at nishy55@gmail.com
    Thanks Carman. Appreciate your help.
  • livefromnylivefromny Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man. This is a great resource. Can you tell me the current MF and residual for a 2009 XF Supercharged? I'm being quoted a 46% residual on a 12k mile, 36 month lease which seems low. Thanks in advance.
    to live fromny and car man,
    i have been looking at leases on jag prem lux xf the last few weeks msrp 58500 and interestingly they will only sell it for the low 50's but have lease support to lease it at 46-47k cap cost. however, the money factor on the lease is poor approx 7% with residuals of 50% at 24 months and 42% at 36 months.
    also, carman the chase 24 month lease that you quoted in your earlier post with the great money factor and residual can only be used with the higher cap cost in the 50's thus it is not that favorable.
    in summary i am getting quoted numbers like 899 with tax incl on a no money down 36 month 12k/yr lease on the xf prem lux with the 58500 msrp. alternatively a 24 month 12k/yr lease is in the 1100 range on the same car.
    is their anyone out there who leased or bought this car recently to give us their experience??
    thanks for your reply :confuse:
  • themaventhemaven Member Posts: 5
    I see that the 2010 XF has been announced and supposedly priced. I would assume that based on the significant horsepower once would much prefer to pick this up vs. the '09 - or at a minimum the '09's will drop and be even more competative when the 2010's are out.

Can anyone tell me when these will actually be on dealer lots?

Thanks!
  • wade15wade15 Member Posts: 1
    I am about to lease a 2009 XF and I have been quoted (by a sales person that leased me another jag in the past) the following;

- $750/month x 39 months.
    - It is a “true $0” lease, meaning that tax, title, tags, etc. are rolled into the lease payment
    - The miles per year are 10.5k and the residual is $26.5k
    - I live in and will be leasing the car from NJ

Sound like a good deal, or can I negotiate down even further? (PS – I have perfect credit of above 800). Shoot me a note directly @ wpierson@leeandpierson.com, thanks.
  • lincrusselllincrussell Member Posts: 2
    What is the best money factor / residual I can obtain directly from an outside finance company (US Bank, Wells, Bank of the West, etc...) on a 2009 XF Luxury for a term of 48 months, 12K miles a year? MSRP with options is 53,850. I have negotiated well below that in regard to price, but that's inconsequential for these purposes. I have reasons to not use Chase Bank (who the dealership is presently working with), so I need to know where I can get the best deal. I have excellent credit and will qualify w whomever.
    the 2010s are in. i drove a xfr today as well as a xf prem lux portfolio package. interestingly they are not yet dealing any better on the 2009s
    You're very welcome, sai1.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks livefromny. I'm glad that you find this information so helpful. According to the latest information that I have seen, Jaguar's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 XF Supercharged with 12,000 miles per year are .00051 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lincrussell. Chase is working in conjunction with Jaguar to provide a special lease program on the 2009 XF right now. Chase's 36 month lease program is much more attractive than its 48 month program on the car that you are interested in right now. I will provide you with both so that you can compare them.

Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jaguar XF Luxury with 12,000 miles per year are .00029 and 45%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00093 and 36%.

I'm not sure what bank outside of Chase has a decent lease program on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • bigfred187bigfred187 Member Posts: 1
    All the dealers in my area seem to have problems with honesty. I was looking at a Jag XF Supercharged Lease. In addition to the $4,000 down payment (not inceptions), they said that there was a tax on the Capitalized Cost reduction of about $1,000. The dealer was coming off the MSRP by about $10k. I've never heard of this before, a tax on the cap cost reduction? Is this legit? In a way it doesn't matter what it is called, I'm only paying so much. Thanks!
    Car_man, do the following Chase rates you provided apply for May as well:

1) Premium Luxury - 24 Months/15K - .00023 MF / 51% Residual
    2) Luxury - 24 Months/15K - .00015 MF / 52% Residual

How much would these change with a 12K/year lease? Can u also please share details of the Chase 24 month lease on a 2009 Supercharged XF?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
This discussion has been closed.