Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Jaguar XF Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome mjt9090. Chase's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jaguar XF Base with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jagman7jagman7 Member Posts: 9
    Hi, just hoping for some feedback on whether this is a good deal.

I am coming out of an XF lease so they provided some consideration to keep me as a customer.

2012 XF base with Nav, cold weather, rear view camera. 12k per year 36 month lease. $650 / month including tax with only MV fees which should be somewhere around $1500. Thoughts?
  • mjt9090mjt9090 Member Posts: 5
    That seems like a good deal. I am currently in negotiations right now but my numbers are $699 a month including the 8.75% sales tax here in Los Angeles with $2995 due at signing for Tax, title, license and first months payment. If you would not mind, I would love to know the selling price that is being offered to you as well as the residual and money factor to see if I can get the dealer to match your offer.
  • baobabs727baobabs727 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    I wanted the XF, but the 51 percent residual just killed the deal. I test drove the Audi A7, Mercedes E350 Gas, E350 BluTec, BMW 528 and Jaguar XF Portfolio. I have to say that the Jaguar had the best interior in terms of clean, understated elegance and attention to detail. It also felt the most powerful. However, the German cars braked, steered and cornered marginally better while offering (nearly as) attractive packaging and more-than-adequate power. And, more to the point, except for Audi, they also presented more favorable lease terms.

The XF Portfolio had an MSRP of $59875. I negotiated it down as far as the dealer would go to $55775. That is apparently pretty decent from what I'm hearing. The money rate bottomed out at .00081 for 36 mos at 15K miles, also decent. Sales tax rate is a modest 3.2 percent here. Dealer fees of $499, $795 acquisition fee. The residual for 36 mos at 15K/yr (my target) was originally quoted as 52 percent, but at the very last minute they reduced it to 51 percent claiming a "math error." They basically took away the "Jaguar modifier credit" of 1 pct. Confusing. Residuals were 60 pct at 24 mos (!) and 41 pct at 48 mos.

Lease with 1st pmt (plus title/tags only up front) due upon signing and with the taxes and fees rolled in rendered a pmt of $1086 for 24 mos, $859/mo for 36 mos, and $813.43 for 48 mos. Again, all at 15K mis/yr. Pmts were $953/771/746, respectively, with 1st pmt, tax/tag/title/fees up front (around 4K) and no voluntary cap cost reduction.

In my opinion, these are not particularly great lease opportunities for a mid 50'sK vehicle. Please correct me if you think I'm wrong. Even with the negotiated price way under avg and a money factor which converts to 1.94 pct.

Blame the horrible residuals...and the relatively (to other brands) stingy reduction off MSRP.

Mercedes, on the other hand (just to name one), offered a 64 pct residual at 30 mos, 55 pct at 36 mos, 51 pct at 42 mos and 49 pct at 48 mos. Mercedes Benz money factors are not exceptionally great for the E350 (.00145 for 36 mos at 15K miles), but their residuals save the day. Of course, it doesn't hurt that, thanks to the Winter Event, MB dealers are slashing up to 14 pct off MSRP on the E Class sedan. Heh.
  • larvidlarvid Member Posts: 4
    My deal in NY is as follows:
    MSRP:$55,100
    Selling Price: $49,155
    Residual 44%
    MF .00018 (thru Chase)
    39 month lease 15k per year, all other payments made up front, NOT in lease payment
    Monthly payment=$652
  • kauffman1974kauffman1974 Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2012
    Hi Car_man,

Can you possibly post the money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease Jaguar XF Base with 12,000 miles per year for February 2012.

Thanks.
  • inwesterinwester Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2012
    In NJ I was quoted $656 for a Jaguar XF (base), with a $5000 initial payment, which included first payment, taxes, title everything. This is for a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles option.

Is this a good deal?
  • mjt9090mjt9090 Member Posts: 5
    My final deal I closed in December was 2012 XF 36month lease with 12k miles a year. I came up with 4k drive off and my payment is $605 a month including the 8.75% sales tax. I was hoping to come up with less down but I also wanted my payment at around $600.00. If you would like I can post the details of my lease including selling price, money factor and so on once I get into my office and I can review my contract. One thing I do know is the money factor in December was what made the deal happen since the residual is pretty bad. I will say this, I couldn't be happier with the car. Looks fast, it is fast & gets compliments whenever I am out.
  • inwesterinwester Member Posts: 24
    Thanks mjt9090. Yes, please do send me the details (don't know if there is a private message facility in this forum).
    Hi kauffman1974. Jaguar's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XF Base with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Jaguar is providing a $2,300 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • evinlawevinlaw Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man!

Trying to get some info on the current lease deals on the XF sports package. The car I am looking at has an MSRP of $66,400 and shows the adjusted cap cost of $64,516 (including the $795 ACQ fee). I am also seeing a money factor at .00045 and residual at 47%. Looking to do a 36 month lease (unless something shorter comes out cheaper) with 12k miles. Does the above look good/correct (money factor, residual, etc)? Do you know if the incentive mentioned above is still being offered or are there any other rebates, etc? Thanks for the help. I have never dealt with a jaguar dealership before so not sure what to expect.
  • evinlawevinlaw Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Since its now May, do you have info on money factors, residuals and any rebates or incentives for may/June. My current lease isn't up until the end of June, so I'm wondering if there is any benefit in waiting until then or doing a deal now. Thanks in advance.
  • woodsdrumswoodsdrums Member Posts: 35
    Car Man: now that May is here, and I'm planning on leasing a 2012 Jag XF Portfolio, what is the money factor rate for and residual value for 36 mos and 48 mos? and, are there any incentives/rebates for the dealer or for me as a lessor? I would appreciate any information you can give me on this...... I need to move on this quickly...Thx
    Hi evinlaw. Jaguar's May programs are pretty close to its April programs. It's difficult to say what its June programs will be like at this point, but I suspect that they won't change much.

Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XF with Sport and 12,000 miles per year are .00003 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Jaguar is providing a $1,200 cash incentive on leases of this car in May.

Car_man
    Host
    edited May 2012
    How's this for fast, woodsdrums :)? Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jaguar XF Portfolio with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00032 and 42%.

Jaguar is providing a $1,200 cash incentive on leases of the XF Portfolio through Chase right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • nd_irishnd_irish Member Posts: 33
    Hi Car_man,

I would appreciate it if you could let me know the May 2012 residuals and money factors for a 24-month and 36-month lease with 10,000 miles per year for the XF base model. Also, are there reduced money factors for loyal Jaguar clients, and does Jaguar offer any annual mileage for a lease lower than 10,000 miles per year? I believe Mercedes-Benz may offer a 7,500 mile per year lease option and was curious if Jaguar had anything similar. Thank you!
    I'd be happy to help you out nd_irish. Jaguar's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 XF Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00053 and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00002 and 45%.

Jaguar is currently providing a $3,400 cash incentive on leases of this car. I don't believe that it is offering any additional incentives for loyal customers.

I'm not sure if Chase, that who Jaguar runs its special lease program through, offers leases on Jags with less than 10,000 miles per year. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Car_man
    Host
  • woodsdrumswoodsdrums Member Posts: 35
    I'm Sorry I missed your reply before I had to finalize the deal for my wife's new car...now that I have the time I can give you and others feedback on how things worked out....the fact that I didn't have your information did cost me....but, here's the deal I got:

MSRP: $59875
    Gross Cap Cost: $54903.66(includes destination charges)

Down Payment: $3000 - covered the following 6 items
    1.Capitalized cost reduction: $953.15
    2.Bank Acquisition Fee: $795
    3.First monthly payment: $727
    4.Initial registration fees: $447
    5.Cash Cap tax: $69.10
    6.California tire tax: $8.75

Adjusted Cap Cost: $53995
    Residual Value: 23351
    Money Factor: .00051 (I was told that this was the top tier Chase’s leasing rate
    Term in Months: 48
    Sales Tax: 7.25%

For the following amount:
    Monthly Payment: $677.86
    Sales Tax: $49.14
    Total: $727.00

I was told there was no incentives available to the customer or the dealer, and yet you said Jaguar is providing a $1200 incentive...I think they gave part of it to me anyway because they sold me the car for $54903.66...But, can they markup the money factor rate from .00032 to .00051 and tell the customer that that is the top rate?
    Also, please let me know overall what you think of this deal.
    Thanks
    Hi Car_man-

Once again, thank you for the information. With regard to the $3,400 cash inventive, is this a number you would expect to be deducted from the final negotiated price of the car? The reason I am asking is that it looks like for the advertised base XF lease special on the Jaguar Web site, the final sales price of the car would have to be a few thousand dollars less than the dealer cost for the vehicle. Let me know. Thanks!
    Hi woodsdrums. The money factor that you were quoted is pretty close to Chase's buy rate for a 48-month lease of this car in April. The selling price looks good as well. If you like the car, I personally don't see anything wrong with this deal. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome nd_irish. You definitely should take the cash incentive into account when negotiating the selling price for the vehicle that you want. Chances are that Jaguar is taking at least part of it into account in its official advertised payment for this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • senecastonesenecastone Member Posts: 1
    Hi - would you be able to tell me the residual, money factor, and incentives for the base model XF in July? Also - do you know how the money factor differs for tier 1 vs tier 2 credit? Thank you for your help, it's great that you are able to supply this information.
    Sure senecastone. Chase's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 base XF with 15,000 miles per year are .00004 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I don't know what the difference between Tier 1 & 2 is offhand, but I'll see if I can find out for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • newxfnewxf Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man,

Thank you for the updated July info on the 36 month lease rates. A couple questions for clarification:

1. Does the lease residual for 15K mi/yr at 44% = 10K mi/yr at 47% (plus 3%)? The Jaguar USA web site seems to indicate a 10K mi/yr lease residual is 46% ($24783/$53875). Is there an additional 1% residual to be had at 10K mi/yr?

2. How much of a lease incentive to dealer is still in place? For a 36 month 10K mi/yr, using a MF = 0.0004 and residual = 46% seems to indicate an incentive of roughly $2850 applied. You mentioned that previously the total lease incentive to dealer was actually $3400- is this full $3400 still available?

Thanks for all the _very_ helpful info!
    Sorry Car Man, a quick correction on my second question posted above- I included my state tax in the calculation by mistake. Based on the Jaguar USA current lease offer for a 36 month 10K mi/yr, using a MF = 0.0004 and residual = 46% seems to indicate an incentive of roughly $1580 applied (not $2850). In any case, is the full $3400 dealer lease incentive still available in July?

Thanks again!
    You're very welcome newxf. I believe that one used to add 3% to Jag leases to convert them from 15k to 10k when they leased through Jaguar Credit. After they were sold by Ford and switched to leasing through Chase I believe that the low mileage adder for 10k dropped to 2%.

Pretty good estimate, newxf. Jaguar is providing a $2,900 cash incentive on 36-month leases of base '12 XF models through Chase.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man, great info. I take it this means a 10K mi residual would be 46%, and that for 12K mi Jaguar Credit only adds 1% (45%)?

Jaguar USA is advertising that their current XF lease offer runs through the end of August. Do you think the current MF, residual, and incentive will continue to get worse in August (July numbers weren't as favorable as June's)? Or any chance they'll improve with the release of 2013's in August?

Thanks for the advice!
  • newjagxfnewjagxf Member Posts: 1
    Car Man, I wanted to check if this is a good lease

XF Base Model with Premium Package -1:
    MSRP: $ 56,125
    Capitalized Cost: $ 51,984
    Residual: $ 25,817
    Lease Term: 36 months
    Money Factor: 0.00004
    Total Drive Off Amount: $ 2124
    Monthly Payment: $ 785.45

To me the MSRP looks very high.

Let me know your thought. Thanks.
    You're very welcome newxf. I believe that your assumption about Chase's low mileage adders is correct.

Jaguar's programs are usually fairly consistent throughout the quarter so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if its August program for the XF was exactly the same as its July program. We'll know for certain later this week.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey newjagxf. This car has a spread of around $4,350 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $2,900 cash incentive that is available on leases of this car and you have a total of around $7,250 to play with in your negotiations.

It looks to me as though the selling price that you were quoted is probably around $3,000 over invoice. If you're in an area that has a decent level of competition, you should be able to do better than that.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for the update. I didn’t get to do much car shopping in July, but am looking to close a deal this month, so I’m definitely interested in seeing the August incentive, money factor, and residual for a 36 mo 10K mi lease. Hopefully they hold or even improve a bit with the 2013s showing up. Look forward to your post, and thanks for all your help!
  • bb1857bb1857 Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan,

Do you have any info on the XF Supercharged concerning the money factor, residual for 15K and the incentive offered? Also any August info would be great as well. Thanks.
    Hi Car_Man,

I saw on another site that the $2900 incentive is good through 10/1/12. Would this indicate that the other numbers (MF and residual) remain the same as last month's? The JaguarUSA site still lists the residual as 46% as of 7/3/2012.

I also turned up a series of incentives ($1500, $3500, $5000) listed as "Bonus Cash Jaguar US ALIVE Driving Experience Cash Jaguar US National"- do you have any details on how these rebates work?

Thanks for all the info, looking forward to your post!
    You're welcome newxf. I believe that Jag's August lease program for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XF Base is exactly the same as its July program was.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bb1857. Chase's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XF Supercharged with 15,000 miles per year are .00002 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As far as cash incentives go, this month Jaguar is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car through Chase.

Car_man
    Host
    The Alive Driving Experience that you mentioned is a test drive event that Jaguar sponsors. I believe that they give consumers who attend an additional cash incentive that they can apply towards their purchase. I actually attended one of these events a couple of years ago and it was excellent. I got to drive an XF around the a beautiful race track and then on a tour of winding country roads.

You can sign up for a potential opportunity to go to one of these events here:

http://www.jaguarusa.com/drive-experience/overview/

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks very much for in the update Car_man. Do you have the MF, residual, and incentives for the 2012 XF Portfolio (36 mo 10K mi/yr) lease? Many of the Base XFs I'm looking at are so heavily optioned, I may be better off leasing an XF Portfolio. Also, if the XF Portfolio lease incentive is less than $2000, as a current XF owner, can I use the $2000 loyalty cash instead? Thank you in advance!
    You're welcome newxf. Chase's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XF Portfolio with 10,000 miles per year are .00003 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The cash incentive on leases of the Portfolio drops to $600, versus $2,900 on the base. However, the $2,000 loyalty cash is available on the Portfolio XF, but not the base so the total incentive on the Portfolio is $2,600 for loyal customers...not much different than the $2,900.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man,

I would appreciate it if you could let me know if the October 2012 loyalty incentives are the same as they were in September 2012 for the XF Portfolio or if they have improved. I checked the Jaguar USA Web site, and the $2,000 loyalty incentive shown has an October 1st expiration date.

I also would appreciate it if you could let me know what the October 2012 money factors and residuals would be for a 24-month and 36-month lease of a 2012 XF Portfolio with 10,000 miles per year. Also, is 10,000 miles the lowest mileage offered on Jaguar leases? Thanks, again!
    Hey nd_irish. The $2,000 loyalty cash has been extended through the end of the year.

Chase's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 XF Portfolio with 10,000 miles per year are .00083 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for it top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00003 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man-

As always, thank you for the information. What do you think is a reasonable price for a 2012 XF Portfolio before the $2,000 loyalty discount?
  • z4maudiomanz4maudioman Member Posts: 130
    Hello,

Can you please share the 24 and 36 month lease residuals and money factors for the 2012 Jaguar XF Base? Also is there any conquest cash and/or dealer incentives on the vehicle for October? Can they be combined?

Thank you in advance your for your help.
    You're very welcome nd_irish. Big win for you guys yesterday. I was watching it live. Great game.

I can't say that I am intimately familiar with what the market is like for the XF right now, but if I was interested in leasing one I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com in the New Vehicle Pricing section of the site.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly z4maudioman. Chase's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 XF Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00076 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00001 and 45%.

The dealer cash that is available on the 2012 XF is not available on leases, but there is a $2,300 cash incentive that is. There is also a $1,500 cash incentive that is designed to get consumers who are currently leasing competitive models out of their deals early and into a new XF. These offers can be combined.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man-

Thanks, again, for the information. That was a great game and a great win on Saturday. It might be the best victory I've seen since the Lou Holtz era.

I did want to ask you one more question regarding the XF. Can you provide the money factors and residuals for a 24-month and 36-month lease with 10,000 miles per year for the XF Supercharged model? Thanks!
    No problem nd_irish.

Chase's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 XF Supercharged with 10,000 miles per year are .00082 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00001 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man-

I apologize for the delay in responding, but I wanted to thank you for the lease information for both the Jaguar XF and XJ. It has been very helpful.
    Thanks for the thanks nd_irish. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Take care.

Car_man
    Host
  • z4maudiomanz4maudioman Member Posts: 130
    Hello Car_Man,

I am looking at both Jaguar XF's and E350's. For the XF, would you please provide me with the following rates for November?

2012 XF Base and Portfolio - 24, 36 and 39 month leases at 10K miles/year
    2013 XF 3.0 (not AWD) - 24, 36 and 39 month leases at 10K miles/year

Also, would you be able to share any rebates/incentives being offered for both model years? Conquest cash, dealer cash, etc? I'd assume jaguar is getting aggressive on moving 2012's...at least I'm hoping they are.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • neptunejcwneptunejcw Member Posts: 7
    I'm going to lease a 2013 Jag XF portfolio. This is my 1st time leasing. Can anybody give me some things to look for & how can try to get the best deal possible. I want to do 36months, 12-15k miles a year, possibly only pay 525 a month..
This discussion has been closed.