Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Subaru Forester Changes

2»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    You trade some leverage for that shorter throw.

It's all about preference.
  • p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
    They are auto on/off. Auto on/off with the key

I too just leave the lights on all the time. The DRLs are going to be on anyway so why not just leave the lights on? Plus they make you safer. Besides, my other car has auto-on lights so by leaving the lights on with the Forester, I don't have to worry about remembering to turn any lights on or off ;)

-Frank
    So you're the one driving around in that rental car with the lights off... :D
  • 204meca204meca Member Posts: 369
    I recently emailed Subaru to inform them of my hesitancy to purchase a new Forester because of the 4 speed automatic saying I was holding off until they equip the Forester with either a 5 spd AT or CVT. See the response below.

If you are serious about changes let Subaru of America know at mysubaru.com (you will have to register to do that) or at CustDlrServices@subaru.com

Thank you for your recent e-mail to Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.
    At this time we have not been made aware of specifically what the 2010 Forester updates will be. Full specification information on the 2010 Forester will be offered in early summer.
    We do appreciate that you brought this interest to our attention. I will pass on your comments regarding your preference for a 5 speed automatic transmission vehicle to Product Planning to consider when developing future models.
    If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.

Best wishes,
    Kerry Ann Miller
    Subaru of America, Inc.
    Customer/Dealer Services Department
  • zeczec Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info on the short throw shifter. I was not tempted to replace the OEM shifter on my xB, and I'm glad now. Sounds like the standard shihter on the Forester is fine.

zec
  • poolviewpoolview Member Posts: 1
    2010 Forester Premium (with moon roof)
    I'm 6'2” with a 32” inseam. Most of my height is from the waist up.

It feels good to sit in a car (or SUV) where I don't need to duck down to look up and see traffic lights.I have about 2 fingers between the top of my head and the roof, which is approximately 1 and ¼ inches.

I started my car search with “Cars for tall people” on Google. The Subaru Forester was 1 of 10 vehicles that were recommended.

I took a test drive with the 2010 Forester Premium MT and purchased it.
    I also purchased 9 bolt on accessories, about ½ are installed and the rest are riding around in the back waiting to be installed.

wohoo Driving is fun again!
    Congrats.

My sister is dating a big/tall guy and he has enough headroom in her 03 Forester. He's huge, about 6'6" I'm guessing.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Are there any material changes to the 2010 2.5X Limited trim?
    Has Subaru added any functionality? Thanks.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    If you get navigation, Bluetooth is now part of that option package. The Bluetooth mic is now on the ceiling by the map lights. The instruments now get white needles. Really minor stuff.

Bob
  • dholtedholte Member Posts: 4
    I currently own a 2008 outback and recently drove a 2009 Forester Limited and was impressed. I went to purchase and was told I could no longer get a 2009. Waited for the 2010 to come in the following week and was disappointed in the changes. I was unable to compare side by side but it seemed as if the interior quality of the leather has decreased with the 2010 model. Has anyone else noticed a difference in the leather between the 2009 and 2010?
    I don't think so...was it a different color, perhaps, that didn't look as rich?
  • orbit9090orbit9090 Member Posts: 116
    I agree, the Telescoping steering wheel should be standard on every Forester model.

Apparently, the TELESCOPIC steering wheel feature requires premium fuel - since it isn't available on the 87 octane models ;) (HA HA!)

I mean Subaru must assume that 'short & frugal' people exclusively buy the X model and 'tall & lead-footed' people exclusively buy the Turbo...Other than that, there's no reason not to include TELESCOPIC steering wheel in every Forester trim level.

In fact, the most appealing reason to splurge for the XT is for the telescoping steering wheel...but the premium gas mileage of the XT is worse, and hood scoops are sorta corny on a station wagon.
    :D

I think the non-turbos are set at a fixed position closer to the gas pedal so you can more easily reach the gas to compensate for the lower power output.

:P
  • seekerbargainseekerbargain Member Posts: 11
    2010 Forester Limited.

In FM mode does the radio display name of song and artist?

The Limited has the upgraded stereo w/CD changer.

The car does not have a nav. system.

Thanks!!!
  • red927red927 Member Posts: 118
    Yes it does if the radio station broadcasts that way. Not all of them do.
  • seekerbargainseekerbargain Member Posts: 11
    Thanks, red. The salesman said it did display song/artist for FM stations that broadcast that info but frankly I didn't trust him in that he may have confused FM with Satellite. But it all sounds good now. Thanks!!!
  • mike1325mike1325 Member Posts: 2
    hey guys i really like to have my fun in the winter, do donuts, drifts, and stuff like that so i would like to know if the VDC and Traction control can be completly turned off on the 2010 subaru forester. i really dont want my fun ruined by a computer can some1 please tell me!! i am considering getting 1 really soon please reply ASAP!! :D
    There's an Off button, but it's my wife's car so I didn't really push it to the limit like I would have with my previous Forester.

I can say it was GREAT in the snow. My daughter was stranded, the plows did not come, yet I made it over there in our '09.
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,793
    When I turn my VDC off (2010 Forester 5-speed), I do not notice any intrusion by the traction control. Mine is also the wife's car, so I only turn it off occasionally when I am playing a little bit.... :blush:
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
This discussion has been closed.