Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Torrent spark plug locations

bg3075bg3075 Member Posts: 7
edited October 2014 in Pontiac
Where in the heck are the other three spark plugs located? If they are behind the engine, in front of the firewall, they would be impossible to get to in my opinion. Anyone ever changed their plugs themselves in the 2007 Torrent?

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I recommend posting your question in the Pontiac Torrent Maintenance and Repair discussion where more people will see it.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • kellyh07kellyh07 Member Posts: 6
    There was a voluntary customer notification sent out in January 2011 (about) that the spark plugs and wires were having issues and they extended the warranty on those parts for 10 years/120000 miles. Unfortunately they cant tell you what is causing the issue and have indicated it could be a continuous problem.

We had the spark plugs and wires replaced in Dec 2010 and again two weeks ago (June 2011). They are claiming the only difference was putting some compound in the wire boots. But again who knows if the problem will continue again.

If you paid to have this repair yourself then contact GM and have them reimburse you the information.

And yes I have contacted GM, so if you are one of the GM lackeys watching these forums, dont bother contacting me. I am out here to spread the word to others who are having problems!
  • cass0106cass0106 Member Posts: 2
    First off I am a huge Chevy person, but I purchased a 2007 Pontiac torrent in late December 2010, the first few days of having it I noticed water/ice in the tire well, that was resealed. Now when the car is started it says "service tire monitor system", I had my tire patched recently & this appeared soon after the tire was fixed. Later that same day the radio has completely stopped working along with my unlock button, and my driver side door lock doesn't work at all either. I have a 2004 Chevy Classic and haven't had this many problems. The people I purchased the car from are telling me there are "holes" in the warranty and they want me to pay $90.00 just to look at it along with $50 for the deductible. I have called around to see how much it would cost me to have the radio looked at, but was advised to look online before giving someone my money to look at it. Can anyone help me solve this mystery? It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
    I think I bought a :lemon:
  • cass0106cass0106 Member Posts: 2
    Kelly,

I am wondering if this may be the answer to what is going on with my 2007 Pontiac torrent. However, I did not receive anything in the mail regarding the spark plugs. I will look into contacting GM now and see what I can do. Thank you for your very helpful post. :)
  • kellyh07kellyh07 Member Posts: 6
    Cass - The document ID # is 2572066 (this is what your dealership might need to pull the information). It says on the top '#10250 - Special Coverage Adjustment - Spark Plug Wire Warranty Extension - Jan 31, 2011'. It indicates is for 2007-2009 Pontiac Torrents equipped with 3.4L engine (LNJ).
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    cass0106,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your Torrent. I would recommend taking the vehicle in to get diagnosed by a GM dealership. Please keep me posted on any information from the dealer.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • steelers6paksteelers6pak Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2011
    Anyone attempting to have a repair done under the voluntary service recall be prepared for a battle from GM.

I had the same spark plug issue with my 2007 Torrent and found this site after repairs were made; mostly looking for reasons why the plugs and wires went bad so quickly and dramatically.

I sent an e-mail to Pontiac's "Customer Service Team" inquiring about the service notification. I was sent a set of parameters for qualification and my 2007 Torrent met all [Year manufactured 2007-09, Make/Model: Pontiac Torrent, engine type: 3.4L LNJ (for those unaware the engine is from China), and less than 120,000 miles ( I had about 66K at the time of repair)].

I was asked for my VIN and that's where the fun begins. Pontiac claims my VIN is not part of the recall, but oddly I have the affected engine. No matter, claim denied. Short version, since I took it to an independent mechanic rather than a GM dealer they refused the claim, even though at the time of repair I had no clue about the service notification.

This is typical GM "customer service." After owning 3 new and 2 used GM's over the last 17 years, I think I've finally learned my lesson, and understand why this company failed.
This discussion has been closed.