Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Chevrolet Camaro

2»

Comments

• jmarounjmaroun Member Posts: 151
    I stopped by a local Chevy dealer that had a white 2010 Camaro yesterday. Indeed, the car is a looker from the outside. It brings back personal nostalgia I haven't felt in a long while. I'm sure it's different for every American but for me; thoughts of riding in the back seat of my dad's 69 Camaro..with my brother and sister on the way to uncle Mike's house, flash across my mind. Random images I instantly remember. Looking out the window as we passed cars, looking up at the cage like structure as it passed while crossing the Brooklyn bridge, there's something about the lines of that car that never loose effect. Although I was too young to ever drive one, I did watch the Duke's of Hazard (although that was a Charger) ..and I miss Daisy so much. I also had at least one hot wheel Camaro I think. I have black and white pictures of me in bell bottoms and with hair :) freshly combed by my mom. I remember that car and that time and think now smiling how well this new Camaro holds a part of my American experience. It's an errie breathe of fresh air. The inside looks cool too! I love its rectangular analog gauges. What a simply fun and smile evoking car inside and out, uh, cough.. I mean in a masculine kinda way of course :shades: .

Then, after some time, while contemplating seriously the prospects of owning and driving the car for every day purposes.. practical considerations invariably set in and the result.. they kind of crash the good feelings. Pretty soon, the emotional attachments I just moments before had for the car, slowly yet promptly, and I truly feel sorry about this, it's just that my joyful anticipation and excitement for the car has dwindled to a sad disappointment. I realize, I can't buy this car.

Although I admire Chevy's effort and I want them to succeed, I fear, they got it wrong on this one if they think it'll be bought on mass like the old school Camaro. I can't help but think that they should know better. I'm sure this Camaro will sell well to those who want the car for their collection; as it certainly will go down as a classic piece of art. Reality however, is that, just like 2010 Challenger and Shelby GT500, this Camaro wont be bought by most reasonable folks in the market for an affordable yet practical and fun 8cyl muscle 4 seater. And perhaps, I hope, that is what may have been intended.

The 2010 Mustang GT just makes far more sense. And I really believe, not just for macho wanna be tough guys like myself..but I believe it can and does appeal to a wide range of all kinds of people looking for a sensible car to have a bunch of fun in while getting their daily life's tasks done all in a practical way! The Camaro unfortunately, is simply too heavy and visibility poses serious issues for everyday driving. It'll be bought by those who can comfortably afford to buy it, without even test driving the car, for the pleasure of just owning it and, no doubt, the thrill of driving it. And their's nothing wrong with those types of people. It's just that not everyone can do that. Most people buy a car because they need one for everyday in addition to desiring that it be a fun car to drive.

In the next few days, I'll be buying a 2010 Mustang GT. I found its V8 rumble, ever present torque, and smooth clutch/stick engagement irresistible and I was impressed with its handling ability. I was really impressed with this new Mustang's driving experience. That's not easy to do after parking a BMW 335 moments before. Even after driving away from the dealership, in a more refined 335..I felt reassured and even more excited about buying this new Mustang GT. Compared to the 335, this new stang's performance and driving experience is on par and even superior(engine sound) in many but not all respects.

I'm also very proud and happy to say that it'll be my first American car. :shades:

Joseph
    San Diego
  • bruce_leebruce_lee Member Posts: 23
    Joseph,
    I don't get it!

I bet you knew how much it's specs (dimensions and weight) before you went to look at it (if you did personally look at it at a dealer) because of "now after a few hours of further net research..I'm absolutely amazed and excited at how much more this car offers!" comment.

I just don't get it. If you thought it was a 'looker' and knew all (or most of its) information, how could you change your mind and complain about its weight?

I hope you do know that for its weight, the 6.2V8 gets better mileage than Dodge's Challenger and Ford's Mustang (with their V8). Also, the 3.6 V6 is rated at 29 MPG on the HWY, which is also better than the V6 on the Dodge or Ford pony cars. How can a 3.6 V6 Camaro NOT be a 'daily' driver?

Any ways, I am with you on the Ford Mustang GT. That's a great alternative for those who don't like the General. :P

I am still debating between the Challenger, Mustang GT and Camaro SS. Good luck. ;)

Bruce Lee (in San Francisco - home of the import lovers). :shades:
  • yh8myssyh8myss Member Posts: 17
    Joseph, I'm sure you'll enjoy your Stang, hell, if I couldn't afford, or wait for, the V-8 SS, I might have gone out and test driven BMW's, and then gone and bought a ford mustang... Please.

Anyway, I got my SS June 5th. I had to order it. I didn't test drive it. I saw the concept car like everyone else in 2006. I tried to keep up with any info that ever got out about the car. I knew the car was a mix of existing, proven technology. I did what I had to do for three years to have the ability to purchase this car, win or lose. Luckily, someone like me can let others know that the car is pretty damn nice. I drive it thru rush hour traffic. I drive it on weekends. I drive it because it's awesome to drive, and I have other vehicles to drive. I would own mine if it was my only vehicle. I hate it for ya cause you sounded pretty jacked about it, if you drove it, you wanted it, just seems like somehow the cards didn't fall in place and now the SS just doesn't measure up....Did they allow you to drive one? Did they even have an SS on the lot? Probably not. They tell you you had to order one? Had to wait for a car? I know that sucks, but that doesn't change the car, just the $hitty way the deals are being handled. The car is worth it if you can wait and you aren't overcharged. But, as I always say, "to each, his own.."
  • bruce_leebruce_lee Member Posts: 23
    mcribb
    "Who would be stupid enough to pay a 5000$ mark-up. I would just wait a few months. I do not believe anyone needs one that bad."

As they say "One born every minute". Or is it 'every second'?

I am waiting until the second year (2011). I got my money, but I am not in a hurry to spend it, especially at + $5,000 more. :mad:

BL (in san francisco - home of the import buyers) [lower case on purpose]
  • nastacionastacio Member Posts: 370
    Just received an email from the local dealer. Not one, not two, not three, but *six* SS models already sitting in the parking lot at MSRP.

Two weeks ago, they had only one loaded SS stickered at $36K + $12K markup. It is one of the six being listed at MSRP now.

I will still wait until 2010, sticking to the "never in the first year" lesson.
  • dfciiidfciii Member Posts: 12
    Well, here in Pa, I just made a deal with a local dealership for a 2010 Camaro 1SS Transformers edition at MSRP not above minus my supplier pricing discount of 1,100 dollars. The total out the door price with trade in loss was $35,500. That is the SS model with the V8 and the upgraded packages like the Transformers, RS, and Audio package. Pretty cool price but I want to see if I can do better. I love the yellow w/black racing stripes though. Maybe you should consider buying out of state if they are marking them up in Cali.
  • dfciiidfciii Member Posts: 12
    The only thing new about this car is the design. The engine is a revamped version of the highly acclaimed LS3, while the transmission is a proven leader for chevy in the vette. Once again these parts are slightly revamped but they are built on the same basis of prior successful models. It also sits on the same chassis as the Pontiac G8 which is a very nice chassis. I wouldn't say don't buy it because it's new, when really it is just a new version of the old scene (so to speak).
  • nastacionastacio Member Posts: 370
    Walked into a dealership on Sunday to check the Camaros on the lot.

I was stunned by the car looks, bold, futuristic, with the large wheels, fat tires and everything.

Backward visibility was the dealer killer: anything with that kind of rearward visibility needs a back up camera or back up sensors. With 3 small kids in the house, wife was very accommodating of the idea of a 2-door coupe, but not of how easily the C-pillars could hide 4-year olds. :-)

Otherwise, wonderful effort by GM.
  • mightyfofaadmightyfofaad Member Posts: 3
    For your information - you are an idiot who has probably driven [non-permissible content removed] cars since you 1st got your license. The only similarity between the 2010 (ugh) Camaro & the 1969 Camaro is the fact that they both have 4 wheels. :mad:

No matter what the "2010" is, it is not a Camaro. I think after GM took a good look at this grotesque new car "someone" said "maybe if we call it a Camaro, someone will buy it." :lemon:

As the former owner of a 2002 Z28, I resent anyone referring to this hideous Russian designed vehicle as a Camaro. :sick:

When Dodge brought the Challenger back it was even better than the original. The Mustang has just gotten better, altho they did produce a few duds during the middle years. :)

The "2010" may be a better car ... but it's embarrassingly butt ugly! :mad:
    I'm alittle confused about the remark you made about the 2002 Z28 you used to own. Did you think it was hideous? Did you think the 2002 z28 looked more like a Camaro should than the 2010? HMM, wonder if you put that 2002 Z28 next to my 2010 Camaro, pulled 100 people off the street, and asked them which car was embarrassingly butt ugly, your 2002 Z28 would win, hands down. I haven't liked the look of a Camaro since around 1976. Granted, not everyone likes the look of the 2010. Can't please everyone all of the time. All I know is I have NEVER had the reaction from people concerning my ride as I have because of the new 2010 Camaro. You would think I was a rock star in my BUTT UGLY Camaro. Hahaha. Don't hate, the car is HOT and you probably can't get one, so you're pissed.... Besides, the car had to be redesigned to contain all those horses and still get GREAT MPG. The '69 is and will always be classic, but we're not living in '69. So, GM says they designed the car after the '69, who cares! The car has a style of it's own and that's what selling. It's too bad the car is so ugly to you, which leads me to believe that you haven't driven one. Ugly or not, the car kicks [non-permissible content removed] on the road, and that's the fact, jack.............
  • augthedogaugthedog Member Posts: 1
    Got my Camaro Friday and LOVE it. This car turns heads and runs great. Unbelievable mileage and styling is wonderful. All the sportscar nuts at work love the looks and next to the Vette the Camaro looks sportier. The wide stance is mean, The front end looks Mean, The rear end looks MEAN. The Camaro is MEAN.
    The wait was worth it. It took 21/2 months from order to delivery. They are building these car the right way. Ride is quiet and firm. andling is awsome. Mileage on my V-6 is better than expected. 23.7 MPG all around and 28.4 at 80 MPH on Tennessee hills. Everyone wants to see it and the compliments are nice to hear. I go to the store and come out and people are waiting to talk about my experience. Finaly are seeing some on dealer lots. I ordered mine and got the discount (retiree) pricing. Dealer here in Franklin isn't adding any mark up but they sell as fast as they can get them. I absolutely love this car. I have owned over 30 new cars and this one brings a smile to my face everytime I get to drive it. Visibility is a little tight but not a problem. As far as first year jitters? Forget about it. Gm is doing their cars right now. They are building them after working the bugs out unlike previous years, that's what took so long to get this from concept to actual production. The Cadillac STS and CTS and now Camaro and all the new GM models are as good if not better in quality than the imports. I've had my Camaro for 4 days (Red Jewel Tintcoat) like the ruby slippers in the wizard of Oz, beautiful. Standard equipment is quite a value and for under $29000 for the V-6 with Auto and RS and connectivity package. Value is the word that comes to mind. You won't be dissapointed with the Camaro. All the negative comments seem to be from either GM haters or Ford loyalists. I know that when I pass the Mustang their owners are looking at ME.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    I'd like to first say to all who have pruchased a new 2010 Camaro - CONGRATULATIONS! It is a really sick looking car with a commanding presence on the road. I love the design & of course the availability of a 426 hp V8, 6-speed manual transmission while the value can't be beat.

Growing up my Dad had (and still does, even though it has been sitting in his garage for 10 years) a '66 427/390 Corvette Convertible. When I turned 16 in 1992 I wanted a Camaro so badly. Insurance costs were astronomical & prohibitively expensive (for good reason too, now that I look back), so I bought a 1992 Chevrolet Beretta GT. The car did not age well at all and had a laundry list of problems ranging from a driver's side window that was broken (came iout of the channel & off the track, wouldn't close) and fixed numerous times over the course of 18 months to a camshaft that had to be replaced at 60K miles because the second lobe wore away. One Chevrolet dealer's service department was worse than the next. The day I sold my Beretta was the day I swore off GM & American cars for good. My Beretta made me become a GM hater.

I'm a big import fan. I love BMWs & Porsches. My 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH has 115K miles on it and besides being fun to drive, is still as tight as the day I picked it up. One day I will have to replace my beloved Prelude. I'm a car guy. I've always wanted a RWD car with a V8 & 6-speed manual transmission. The Camaro SS certainly fits the bill. The price point ($35K) almost begs me to forget everything I know & have learned about GM & give the Camaro a serious look when the time comes. Just for comparison purposes, a twin turbo BMW 335i with just a couple options will have a sticker price of almost $50K. I'm a married father of 2 & at this point in my life cannot justify buying a car for myself at that price point.

I'm just here, following the board of new owners, hoping this car helps GM turn a corner. Like I said above, I love the styling, price point, performance, & 6-speed stick. Obviously I'll have to drive the car when the time is right.

Just sitting in the Camaro at the NY Auto Show this past April, I noticed how poor the visibilty is. Do the mirriors compensate for the lack of visibility? Our '07 X3 has some nasty blind spots which I have learned to live with, but it still makes me a nervous wreck when I drive into the city.

I noticed that with the Automatic V8, you get the cylinder deactivation. Will they offer this on the V8 Manual transmission cars?

Again, I'm not here to hate or troll. I'm looking forward to hearing about some great experiences with one cool car - the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is looking to speak to a recent buyer or a current shopper of a Chevy Camaro, Dodge Challenger Ford Mustang or Nissan 370Z . Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Tuesday, November 10, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• opieandyopieandy Member Posts: 2
    Just when I was getting really excited about this car (in Aqua!), I learn it has been discontinued. Darn! Drats! Anybody got one they want to sell? :)
  • jeff1971jeff1971 Member Posts: 2
    I just ordered one this morning and I'm very excited. Because I couldn't get the dealership to let me have a thorough test drive, I rented a 1LT from Avis for the weekend and put the car through its paces.

I was very impressed. Even the 1LT was a head turner on the streets of Atlanta. I ordered the car in white and will add the black stipe at a later date if it looks like something is missing. Now that the vehicle is standard with parking assist sensors in the rear - that helps. But you better be able to drive with the side mirrors if you are ever going to be completely comfortable in this car.

This replaces the 1971 Camaro that I never should have let go!
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    N I C E , jeff 1971. manual or automatic? bluetooth/USB?
    parking-assist? cool - i did not know that!
    I know what you mean about the reverse-visibility.
  • gregy1300gregy1300 Member Posts: 4
    Hi
    I am looking for a 2010 Camaro 2SS in NJ, Automatic w/sun roof. If anyone made a deal, please share.
    All good things must come to an end, I guess. I was recently laid-off, and it seems as though I'm gonna need to sell my new Camaro. This is really a choice that I don't want to make, but it's one that I must make. Anyway, it's the SS, Red Jewel Tint, 426hp, 6 speed. It has 8,000 miles on it and is in immaculate condition. The car is amazing, but, unless something happens in the world of computer drafting and design really soon, I have to suck it up and sell. I can let it go for 33,000, and it's worth alot more. I live in Collierville, Tennessee. It's just outside of Memphis. I get notifications on my e-mail about any posts on this forum, so anyone interested, just post and I'll know it.
  • jeff1971jeff1971 Member Posts: 2
    I bought the 2LT automatic with RS package -- sunroof and 20" polished wheels -- everything else is pretty much standard. I'm looking forward to it. I am very fortunate to work for a company that gets GM supplier pricing so I feel like i am getting the deal of the century on the car.
    nice, Jeff... I like the 1LT package - bluetooth for cellphone & XM. sometimes GM offers GMS or employee-pricing to the public too... I'm waiting for them to do that again...
    v8tennessee dude, sorry to hear of the "restructuring" or whatever corporate-speak resulted in your layoff. Been there done that this year. It was the toughest time in 32 years finding a development eng job. There were lots more in bay area california - probably more CAD job out there too. My sector of tech has been increasingly booming out there, despite all the CA-state-govt finances.

CA is a great place to drive a camaro, trust me!
  • dloehrdloehr Member Posts: 4
    Hi There,

Just wanted to let everybody know, that I was able to find a deal for a new 2010 2SS Camaro at $1200 under Factory Invoice... I was offered that by my local dealer here in Illinois(I live in Schaumburg 20 miles from Chicago). Two other dealers were at $1000 below Invoice... I'm very happy with my new car and that price paid!
  • mparismparis Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

you gave me good advice on my Pontiac GTO.....now I am interested in the Camaro....i hear it is hard to see out of...Parking will be a [non-permissible content removed] in new york city :)
    I actually sat in the new camaro @ the Auto Show (javitz center) - the rear visibility is awful. Parallell parking & even switching quick lanes seems like it will be difficult.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

hey there mparis. :

I actually haven't been in a new camaro yet but its rear-visibility looks even worse than GTO, which is already somewhat bad!
    Also the tall-camaro-doors would make it difficult to hang my arm out the window to show off my gold chains/watch & hairy forearms. ;)
    On the bright side those tall camaro doors contain more side-impact protection than GTO doors, which do not meet the 2007 side-impact standards.

Regardless of rear-visibility issues, Camaro remains on my short-list for next-car.
    The 300 hp V6 model with bluetooth & manual transmission looks like it provides the bang/buck ratio..
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is looking to talk with diehard Chevy fans in the Chicago area. If you are a long-time loyalist, a Chevy collector or have dramatically customized your Chevy, and you live near Chicago, please email pr@edmunds.com no later than February 10, 2010, and provide your daytime phone number and a few words about your passion for the "bow tie" brand.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• hondalovahondalova Member Posts: 189
    Hi all - I currently drive an '04 Honda Accord V-6 6 spd. with 135k miles. Car will have 150k+ by Thanksgiving at rate I am going and I'm starting to think about replacements.

I live in the Hudson Valley of NYS with a 100 mile roundtrip commute from southern Orange County to White Plains in Westchester that takes me across either Tappan Zee or Bear Mountain crossings. Have dealt with the snow and winter weather issue with my Accord (and an '07 Odyssey, and '99 Maxima before that) with Blizzak WS-60s on the front drive wheels and standard Michelin MXV4HX's on the rear.

My question to you new Camaro owners out there is - what risks, if any, are increased b/c the Camaro is RWD? Do you think a pair of Blizzaks on the rear of the new V-6 Camaro with a manual tranny will render the car pretty much as drivable in the winter under most ordinary conditions as the FWD cars have been with them or is even the V-6 power so off the scale that I should just chuck the whole idea?

I know FWD is better in the snow, but I remember when I had my '84 Camaro (V-6 5 spd. with the F-41 suspension code) in Buffalo and I got by with snow tires. If the difference is marginal, and I can make a Camaro work, I've got $3,500 cash-purchase credit dollars on my GM-Card right now and I'm thinkin' I couldn't touch anything from the imports for close to the price I could get a Camaro 1LT or 2LT V-6 manual.

What say all y'all?

-FS
    snow tires should always be used in sets of 4 - then you should have no problems in the snow with the rwd camaro. Just take it easy

With proper tires the difference is marginal as you hope. Stability control makes the small margin tinier.
    i commuted Z28s in all conditions for 10 or 20 new england / upstate NY winters and am considering to do so again especially due to the 300 hp V6's 29 mpg.

4 / four / quatre snow tires is mandatory.
    Not "M&S" all-seasons - only ice+snow tires like the blizzaks or similar compounds. Not two snow tires.
    the physics of 2 snow tires in back tends to cause the car to swap ends - inappropriate except for stunt-drivers in training (i'm available.)

A somewhat modern option that will hurt your control is on snow automatic transmission.
    A MANUAL TRANSMISSION greatly enhances control of any vehicle on snow or ice and eliminates software from the gear-selection process, further enhancing safety.
    A very modern option that will further help is the bluetooth option.

84/F41/5-spd, ah the memories.
  • hondalovahondalova Member Posts: 189
    I agree re: the better control with the manual - I've never owned anything but 5 or 6 spd. manuals for my daily driver. However, I have to respectfully disagree with you about the 4 snow tire thing. I totally understand the physics (about which, on paper, you are 100% correct), but having owned: the '84 Camaro, a '91 Accord EX Sedan, a '94 Taurus Sedan, a '99 Buick Century Sedan, a '99 Maxima, an '02 Chevy Venture, an '04 Accord Coupe, and an '07 Odyssey Minivan (the Camaro, Accords, and Maxima were mine - the rest were slushboxes driven by my wife) and always put only two snows on the drive wheels, I've never had the problem you describe.

I think you're right that, with the wrong input, or an inattentive driver, two can be more dangerous than four, and 2 vs. 4 is probably an easier thing with FWD than with RWD, but I believe that a competent attentive driver can easily manage this problem. My only real question in the Camaro scenario is whether the front end will simply snowplow if I put only two snows on the rear.

And yes - I loved my '84. It was only a 2.8L 140 hp 2bbl V-6, but it had heart (and 31 mpg for a 450 mile trip from Buffalo to Long Island) and was, in many ways, a more fun car to drive every day than the '85 Mustang GT that I replaced it with.

Anyway - thanks for the quick response and the advice. :-)

-FS
  • cruisinloucruisinlou Member Posts: 27
    I have a 2003 Corvette and receive a Corvette magazine monthly, there was a article in there testing the new 2010 Camaro against the 2010 Corvette, the article was named "Is the 2010 Camaro Corvettes little brother" and proceeded to test both vehicles against each other.
    The Corvette is slightly better in performance and in other areas but the fact that it is about $20,000.00 more than the Camaro places it in a whole different catagory.
    Having a back seat like the Camaro has does make this a car useful for more than two people.
    I have heard that a Convertible model will be out very soon and this may possibly increase sales even more.
  • seaurchinseaurchin Member Posts: 57
    Jeff, i am also interested in ordering a Camaro, 1LT, Auto, Spare Tire, Black. How long is the wait until it arrives and what did you end up paying OTD?
  • johnxyzjohnxyz Member Posts: 94
    I've read complaints by owners of new Corvettes regarding design problems with the manual transmissions. Is the Corvetter unique in design in that the transmission is incorporatd in the transaxle with the differential as opposed to a Camero whereby the transmission is forward of the differential (near the engine) and is connected by a traditional driveshaft?

Do I have any of this right? Just wondering if the Camero could experience the same problems with the transmission that some current Corvettes have. Thanks.
  • dmsdesigndmsdesign Member Posts: 18
    We have tested the new Camaro and found it to be an exceptional platform! What can we do with it? A ton. With Pedders eXtreme XA adjustable coil overs, all the bushings, custom bars, and new wheels and tires, we were able to take the Camaro out on a track and be able to turn 1.38g;s with street tires. We had Forgeline make us a special set of custom wheels and are running 305/30 ZR19 tires, (Bridgestone RE11s) on all 4 corners. We set it up aggressively and she sticks. We use Paul Tracy some times and with him, we bring a crew to make adjustments that he wants. His response was "Its perfect, do not change a thing." Paul drove our Camaro at the Optima Challenge. We were 7 seconds faster than the next 2010 Camaro, and upwards of 20-25 seconds from a bunch of SEMA Camaros.

So the Camaro can be made into a handling beast that is still a daily driver!
    We do have a Pro Charger, long tubes, and a custom program. But she is not putting down insane HP. I can tell you, those guys dropping $10K to $25K for hp gains and doing nothing for the suspension are nuts. right now, our Camaro is the fastest, best handing Camaro on a road coarse with street tires and still a daily driver. So those looking for major hp gains, reduce your hp objective to save some serious $$, and put some of the savings into a quality suspension so your efficiency can jump up big time
  • dmsdesigndmsdesign Member Posts: 18
    First off, congratulations. The Camaro is a seriously fine ride in deed!. Whether to keep it or not is really your decision. In terms of quality, it is very well built! In terms of it meeting your life style, etc, that is a decision for you to make. You should get some seat time in it, crank up the tunes, read about it, maybe do a 200-300 road trip to evaluate it.

Keep me informed what your decision is.
  • yelnats17yelnats17 Member Posts: 2
    I just would like to say you can't compare the BMW 335i to the Camaro. The BMW is a real sports car that can handle; not a big straight line tank with a lot of power.
    edited June 2011
    Surely there are people who cross-shop camaro against 3 series in USA.

A few years ago, especially outside of USA, 3-series competed with Holden Monaro / Pontiac GTO, a similar car/formula/pony to camaro.

There are people who can make a good argument that 3-series is no more a sports car than Camaro. Let's not go there !
  • psdenalipsdenali Member Posts: 6
    Firstly... My new camaro is a great car... however I have one gripe..Many other forums have repeated this complaint...camaros have a front suspension (strut or defective mounts) clunking at low speeds especially over rough roads...GM has a bulletin out acknowledging this "problem" but is trying to bury it by claiming "Normal Operation" ... Does the 2012 SS FE4 suspension with new dampners address and correct this issue...If so, there are going to be alot of 10/11 camaros pushing for warranty replacement upgrades... Any one with inside info on this issue "a definite problem"
    GM Acknowledging there is clunk, lumbering, popping noise in the front of this vehicle is not as they put it "normal operation" and grounds for a safety concern... even escalating to possible recall...hopefully they will step up to the plate being the "NEW GM" they say they are.... Lets us see...
  • pghacura1pghacura1 Member Posts: 5
    have a early build 2010 SS, no problems what-so-ever, other forums do not mention this as a problem.
  • ralphie2ralphie2 Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2010 with the same problem.
  • 4gotten4gotten Member Posts: 2
    HI Everyone. 2011 yes i have the same noise in the front end, clunking clunking, so to check you really need to shut off anything that makes noise radio, G/F,,,,Lol and drive over very small bumps at 15 mph and pay good attention and you most likely hear a knocking, Gm knows that its there but i haven't herd what it really is, has any one herd what it is and what the fix is?????
  • psdenalipsdenali Member Posts: 6
    No fix right now..its believed to be the spacer mount at the top of the strut, but no redesign has been submitted to date... when i have a passenger with me the noise goes away..when solo the noise is back... so weight proportioning plays a roll in its noise characteristics.
  • 4gotten4gotten Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone tried a lemon Law action or herd of one ? really, if i had know this issue I would of really thought about the purchase, maybe waited untill a fix, the noise is metal to metal and we know that damage is the result with no doubt, any way its 2012 and they knew of this 2010 two years and no fix, think maybe there wont be,
  • funnybunnyfunnybunny Member Posts: 5
    They don't care. You know each dealer probably has seen each car it sold and told the owner the same poppycock " unable to replicate problem". I can buy any car I want, and I wanted this one. Along with the butterfly valve in the exhaust system locking wide open, causing a check engine light to burn continually, and beside a cheap drivers seat setup, and besides the trunk gasket leaking causing, once again, another durn GM product I bought to have a trunk full of water, besides all of that, I really love my Camaro. Tehe.
    I can make a video and post it if you like, the noise on the pop is so loud, it will scare you.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    We're sorry to see that you've had so many troubles with your Camaro, funnybunny. Is this something you have contacted your dealership or Customer Assistance about already?
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • gmhellmangmhellman Member Posts: 121
    Hello group! I have been a long time GM fan and currently drive a 2005 GMC Yukon with 104,000 miles on it. I live where there is much snow (Marquette MI) and am thinking of getting a fun summer car. I love the looks of the Camaro and the pull of the GM V-8. But! I am 6'1" tall and am concerned about how I will fit in the vehicle, lines of sight and overall everyday ride quality. This will be my almost everyday driver once the snow leaves.

I have not had the chance to test drive one yet as we don't have many in the dealerships now...the ones we do have are brand new and they won't let me test drive unless I am a serious buyer of the model I am on the road with....jerks.

Any impressions about interior, ride quality and how the manual tranny is.....why bother witha sports car if you get an automatic?!?!?!?....would be appreciated. I also am not sure of what I should expect to be reasonable market price for a lightly used camaro 2010 or 2011 is. I know what edmunds tells me they are worth, but that doesn't necessarily mean that is what they are going for on the street.

Happy Driving! :shades:
  • evgeniy11evgeniy11 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    The Chevrolet Camaro is an automobile manufactured by General Motors (GM) under the Chevrolet brand, classified as a pony car and some versions also as a muscle car. It went on sale on September 29, 1966, for the 1967 model year and was designed as a competing model to the Ford Mustang. The car shared its platform and major components with the Pontiac Firebird, also introduced for 1967.
    Four distinct generations of the Camaro were developed before production ended in 2002. The nameplate was revived on a concept car that evolved into the fifth-generation Camaro; production started on March 16, 2009.
    Before any official announcement, reports began running during April 1965 within the automotive press that Chevrolet was preparing a competitor to the Ford Mustang, code-named Panther. On June 21, 1966, around 200 automotive journalists received a telegram from General Motors stating, "...please save noon of June 28 for important SEPAW meeting. Hope you can be on hand to help scratch a cat. Details will follow...(signed) John L. Cutter – Chevrolet public relations – SEPAW secretary." The following day, the same journalists received another General Motors telegram stating, "Society for the Eradication of Panthers from the Automotive World will hold first and last meeting on June 28...(signed) John L. Cutter – Chevrolet public relations SEPAW secretary." These telegrams puzzled the automotive journalists. About this and more can be found here http://lafozi.com/us-en/