Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Toyota Corolla

Comments

• trikev19trikev19 Member Posts: 18
    That is a good deal. Before you sign, shop the competition. Recall aside, there are other choices.
  • phatsprintphatsprint Member Posts: 11
    My lease payment would be 173.00 a month on a loaded S. This is Fantastic! Moving on it on tuesdy, now which colors. Red or white?
  • terceltomterceltom Member Posts: 1,024
    I have a Barcelona Red XLE and I love the color. I tinted the windows dark, probably too dark for safety, but it looks cool !
    How does the paint color hold up? Does it fade much? Swirl mark show easy?
    My Black 2001 LE I bought new in 2000 does show dirt and some swirl marks. My Barcelona Red 2009 XLE I have for almost two years now does not show any swirl marks at all. In fact, if you read some earlier post, some were complaining about the paint jobs on the 2009 Corollas. I have to tell you that my paint has been very solid, I have yet to get even one chip. In fact, I have one small dent from a shopping cart on my passenger door that is about the size of a dime and even that did not chip or scuff whatsoever. That being said, I do take care when I wash my cars to use a good foamy soap and sponge and chamois dry. I never use a brush or any other tool that will add swirl marks to any cars finish.
    This is good to know, Tom! After the two years, is the color still as red or does it turn a little maroon? She will be leasing this car for three years then just handing it back in. we spent 2 hours yesterday on trying to decide the colors. Both are beautiful in their own way. I love the sparkles in the paint on the red although and when the sun hits it--stunning! Yet, at night, It has a maroon tinge to it which is only ok. The white will hide more imperfections and dirt better and has a classy look to it so this has been tough. To add to this, I'm still trying to get the lease deal today in the 170 range a month. What options do you have on yours? THanks!
    When I was deciding on color it was between that Lt. green they have, or the red. I'm really happy I got the red. It's as bright and shiny as day one. White is a nice choice too though. On my XLE I got Moon Roof w/wind guard, 16" Alloy wheels, Spoiler, Traction control/Stability control, Mud flaps, JBL 400 Watt 6 C.D. Stereo changer w/blue tooth and Satellite radio, Body side moldings, Heated side mirrors and Cruise control. Just a bit of miscellaneous information, don't loose the key fob like I did; it cost a total $225.00 to get a new one plus $50.00 to program it.
    Ok, I'm about to go into the dealership and get that lease on the toyota S with moonroof, package 3, indash 6. Is 183.60 a good deal with a cap cost of 17380? There is ZERO out of pocket and that includes tax, title, lic, plates, and fees. My first payment would not be ntil 30-45 days. ANY opinions would be great!
    Oh, yea, one more thing. I think they will throw in 2 year Toyota auto care premium package which includes oil changes and normal maint.
    Good Luck!
    Im sure you'll be happy with whatever color you decide on. I almost got an "S" because my wife wanted leather and only the "S" came with the leather option. Keep us posted.
    Well, Tom, I got a good deal. Not a penny out of pocket. With all fees and taxes I got it for 182 a month on a loaded S with everything but leather and nav. We got the white ;) It's stunning and extremely classy. Thanks for the help! I will keep you posted how I like it.
    You did well, have fun !
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966
    The gray is a nice color to especially with the alloy wheels. But both red & white look great...can't really go wrong with any of them. Once I get into the market for myself again, I will definitely give the Corolla a good look see along with the Civic. Am loving my '06 Civic and don't forsee me in the market for at least 5 or 6 more years, but these cars will start my search. Having owned two Corolla's and having two Camry's in the family, I definitely like Toyota products. Having my 1st Honda product now, I'm also very impressed with it's quality and overall driving experience.

I personally think Toyota will come out of this mess a stronger company and get back to the quality of years past. I for one, would have no problem buying any Toyota product in the future.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• ntassistantntassistant Member Posts: 64
    Can anyone who owns a new 10th generation Corolla please tell me if your vehicle is equipped with automatic headlights? Lights that go on automatically by a sensor if it's in a dark surrounding? I owned a 2004 Corolla and it had this feature. Like the current generation, my 2004 had daytime running lights, but the rest of the lights (interior and tail lights) would go on automatically while driving at dusk. I'm just wondering if the current Corollas also have this?
  • mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    Yes on my 2009 never have to turn the switch .....

Good Luck.....
    Does anyone know of any details regarding the 2011 Corolla? Will there be any changes/minor facelifts? I think Toyota is going to prolong the manufacturing of the 2011 Corolla. According to an online source (please see link), the 2011s will not be available until this coming December or January. Typcially Toyota starts to assemble new model year Corollas in the spring (around this time of year).

http://www.phharval.com/images/stories/News-and-Media/Motor-Company-News/US/2010- /030910ToyotaUS2.pdf

Could this delay in the 2011s mean there may be some changes with the new Corolla? I wonder if Toyota plans to modify the EPS (electronic power steering). I have recently test drove a 2010 Corolla LE and found no problem with the steering. Granted I only drove it for 15 minutes! If anyone has any details for the 2011s, please share!
    Oh yeah, I have a 2001 that had this feature already.
    Have any current Corolla owners (10th generation) upgraded your interior to leather? I am considering to purchase a new Corolla XLE and thinking of adding leather interior. I'm not exactly sure which company to go by, but I know of Classic Soft Trim and Katzkin. These are two of the major aftermarket brands.

Not sure if one is better than the other, but I have seen pictures of aftermarket leather on the Corolla that look horrible. I wish Toyota would bring back the leather option on other models in addition to the S and XRS. My 2004 Corolla LE had the factory leather, which was extremely rare in the 9th generation. The leather quality wasn't the greatest, but it looked nice in a car of this compact class.

If anyone has added aftermarket leather, please share your opinions, or anything you know about Katzkin or Classic Soft Trim. I think Classic Soft Trim has better quality, but I could be wrong.
    Guess your not interested in the "S" model. I believe it comes with the leather package.
    The only reason why I do not like the S model is because of the underbody spoilers. I also prefer a lighter interior. My model preference is the XLE, either in Blue Streak or Desert Sand. I also like the Desert Sand, but I feel this color has been out a little too long. It debuted back in 2002 on the then redesigned Camry. Then in 2004, it replaced the Sandrift Metallic on the Corolla and has been around since. It is still one of the more popular colors on the Corolla, but it needs a little change! The blue definitely stands out and would look sharp on the XLE with alloys. I just wish Toyota offered a blue exterior and tan interior combination, like my old 2004 LE. I had the Indigo Ink Pearl with factory oak leather interior--a really nice color combo.
    I own a 2010 Corolla LE. The cloth seats are terrible. Lint and dog hair sticks to it and its a nightmare to get off. I clean the seats weekly and its a chore. You'll find that many others feel the same way. Boch South in North Attleboro, MA is offering to install leather for $750, which is their cost. They've had so many complaints that they've had to do something!
    There are no significant changes for 2011. Buy a 2010 now and get a deal!
    I'm fairly well read on the Toyota Corollas and your complaint is the first I've heard concerning the seat fabric. The velour fabric in the Corollas is a premium fabric and does hold some lint, but a complaint, really ??? Perhaps it should be recalled . . . lol
    Why go to this place in North Attleboro, MA that has many complaints against them for aftermarket leather? Get an "S" model that has leather and be done with it.
    I understand 100%. My wife wanted leather so bad but we wanted an XLE so we got the XLE loaded in place of the leather and the "S". I must say we really do like the premium velour fabric currently used on the Corollas but leather would have been awesome.
    Very ironic, I purchased a new, 2010 Avalon last November from Boch South. I do not like them and will never purchase another car from them and strongly urge others not to as well. I had a bad experience with them (body damage on new car upon delivery, purchased accessories that were promised to be installed on car for delivery were not even at dealership). They act as though they're your best friend to get you to sign the purchase and sales agreement. After that, they really do not care anything about the customer or their vehicle for that matter. Never again for me. I'm sorry I bought there, but they had the exact car that I was looking for, so I bought it. And I have to say, I am 100% dissatisfied with the Avalon. It is the worst car I have owned. This car does not acclerate or "coast" when you take your foot off the accelerator. Instead, the car hesitates and pulls back (while city driving between 20-35 MPH). It drives me CRAZY! Many other Avalon owners of the 2005-2010 models have the same complaint with the transmission. Many people say the car has to adapt to my driving style and this issue should go away. NOT, this is a major transmission issue that has something to do with an increase in gas mileage.

I have owned 2 Corollas and loved them. I am actually loooking to trade the Avalon in and go back to a Corolla. I put a lot of money down and got a decent amount for my trade (a 2004 Corolla). However, 2010 Avalons have a $3,000 factory rebate, so that does not help me in any way! I may have to wait another few months or year before I do trade. I will NOT be keeping this Avalon for very long.

As far as the aftermarket leather at Boch South, I am pretty sure they bring their cars for the installation to be done at a shop in Plainville, MA called Auto Sound. Auto Sound installs many aftermarket products (sunroofs, spoilers, audio equipment, alarms, remote starters, etc.) I am pretty sure they use Katzkin brand aftermarket leather. I have read many customer reviews and found that Classic Soft Trim has much better quality leather.
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Agree - the cloth seats sux. My first car w/o leather in many years, but I bought the Corolla to be my daily drive; have a Porsche 911 for weekend fun.

Sliding (?) into the Corolla is like trying to slide with velcro on your rear end! Takes getting used to and if I do decide to keep it, may opt for aftermarket leather. If not, the next daily absolutely will have leather!
    Z
    Excellent and very educating post. I didn't know that about the Avalons. The closest I ever came to buying an Avalon would have been a Solara back in 2001. After much thought I just couldn't get myself to buy a large two door coupe. Stuck with the Corollas and so glad I did. You sound like a person with discriminating taste. I was sold on Corollas after I purchased my first one back in 1979. Had nothing but Toyotas since; Corollas 4 , Celica 1, Tercel 1, Tacoma 1, oh, and 1 oddball Plymouth Voyager. The Corollas are my favorite of all.
  • samnoesamnoe Member Posts: 731
    edited April 2010
    "...There are no significant changes for 2011. Buy a 2010 now and get a deal..."

How do you know that? I am 90% certain that Toyota will do "something" about the steering issue. And maybe a few other known issues. They're in a position that they must care for their customers now more than ever.

Otherwise how can you explain changing model years in December?? For a Toyota? Something that never happened in recent memory.

They usually change model years very early in the year, or release new models early too. (Like currently the 2011 Sienna - or even the 2011 Camry which carried over WITHOUT any changes). Which is probably for greater resale value - in 7 years down the road (for example) when you have a choice to get a "2010 Honda Accord" or "2011 Toyota Camry", of course the Camry will be worth much more - it's a model year newer! But no one then cares that the 2 cars were built the exact same day.... (IMO, there should be some regulations about these..)
    I am right along with you on Corollas being my favorite car. I learned how to drive on a 1989 Corolla sedan. Love it and still own it, though it has excessive body rot. Current odometer is 148,000 miles. Engine runs like new. When the 9th generation Corolla launched, I fell in love and had to have one. I was in my second year of college and wanted a new car. I purchased a new 2004 LE with every possible factory option (my favorite car of all time). The biggest mistake of my life was trading it in for a new Avalon. I will never find another one like it, especially like the pristine condition it was in. Not a single door ding or scratch, just minor surface scratches due to washing. I am very particular about my cars and take extra good care of them. I'm the type of person who will park at the far end of the parking lot to avoid door dings from other cars and shopping cart dings.

I can't wait to get back into a Corolla. I just might wait for the 2011s to come out. I have read speculations of a 5 speed automatic transmission across all models and standard USB for iPod. These features are worth waiting for. As mentioned in an earlier post, Toyota shouldn't be releasing the 2011s anytime soon. From what I learned, the 2011 aren't due until December or January. This delay in production could mean that Toyota is really making some changes to the Corolla lineup and need the time to do so. Maybe they're modifying the (EPS)steering that many people complain about.
    Are you just as certain they will rectify the issue for those current owners experiencing this problem before the 2011's come out? It would be a kick in the as* if they didn't, don't ya think?
    The 2010 Corolla is a new design. If there are any issues, Toyota will correct them. Recalls are very common and essential to maintain quality standards. Things go wrong with machines. The difference between manufacturers is the way they stand behind their product.

It is true that a newer model may be worth more down the road. I think you may make out better taking advantage of current incentives than worrying about what a Toyota is going to be worth years from now. You can bet that it will be worth more than most competitors.
    You raise a very good point and I completely agree with you. I think Toyota is very concerned about the so called steering issues with the Corolla. It seems as though nothing came out of the "investigation" opened in February by NHTSA. Obviously there isn't a recall for this issue that owners complain about with the "wandering" of the vehicle while driving.

I still assume (if the 2011 Corolla comes out in Dec.) Toyota is taking time to make modifications in some way, whether it be mechanical or physical, or both. The 10th generation debuted in February 2008, so this is currently the 3rd model year for this generation. If Toyota is manufacturing this generation for 5 model years, it MAY be due for a refresh in 2011. I remember with the former generation, the Corolla was refreshed in spring 2004 as a 2005 model, and that generation debuted in January 2002. We'll just have to waiit and see what Toyota has planned for the 2011s.
  • truzzotruzzo Member Posts: 3
    yes they do, works great
  • truzzotruzzo Member Posts: 3
    I take alint brush to them once in a while----no issue here
    I recently found this video of the 2011 Corolla sold exclusively in Brazil, I think? They have a much more refined Corolla available there, a big difference compared to what is sold here in the U.S. Much more upscale features in a car of this class. Too bad we can't get our hands on a Corolla similar to this one here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5ZXpRgm-ds
    Doesn't look any different than our 2009's and 2010's. Are you guessing that Brazil's 2011 Corollas will be different than our 2011's.
    I was referring to the features the Brazil model has (rain sensing wipers, power driver's seat, rear seat center armrest, beige leather interior, rearview mirrors with turn signals, rear sonar system on rear bumper, upscale grill, hood insulator). These are some things we'd probably never see on a Corolla in the U.S.
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, your right! After a quick check on the internet not much will change for 2011 in America.
    So far what I've researched, the only POSSIBLE changes for 2011 include a standard USB for iPod, and a new 5-speed automatic transmission (on all models other than the XRS) to increase fuel economy. Obviously there are no guarantees we'll see these changes for 2011, but it would be wise for Toyota to implement them at this time, especially to compete with other cars in this class.

I wish Toyota continued to install hood insulators on ALL Corollas. Currently, only the XRS has a standard hood insulator. Several weeks ago, I test drove a new 2010 LE. I noticed it was significantly louder than my 2004 Corolla LE, that had came with a hood insulator. A thin piece of felt material seems to go a long way with noise reduction. Another perk is that it protects the underside of the hood from dirt and debris. I guess Toyota figured it would be a good cost cutting measure to take by not including them across the entire Corolla lineup.
  • samnoesamnoe Member Posts: 731
    edited April 2010
    Sooner or later, Toyota will need to implement many of these feature, if they'll want to stay competitive. The upcoming Chevy Cruze promises to be a hit, (might be another reason why Toyota waits with 2011 model until December - to check out features & packages of the Cruze), the redesigned Ford Focus next year is also very promising, and even for now, the Corolla (once upon a time the leader of the pack) is rated much behind the Civic and Elantra (!).

If Toyota has these feature all engineered and worked out, as on the Brazil model above, it would be wise to add some of them here. At least for a additional cost. I understand that American people will not pay too much for a compact (hence, the reason Toyota dropped leather seating from Corolla); And I believe not a lot of us needs the corolla to wash their own headlamps and include signal mirrors, and maybe not even the automatic temperature control; but power seats, hood insulators, rear center armrest, and a few more features, is more than welcome.

Maybe the reason Toyota does not include the hood insulator is, among other technics, to reduce weight, and thus receive best mileage ratings in class. Not necessarily to cut cost.
  • thecsthecs Member Posts: 7
    I just test drove a 2010 Toyota Corolla LE. I drove it on the highway because I really wanted to try the wandering steering. I honestly didn't feel anything, not as tight of steering as my Honda Civic but no worse than my Hyundai Elantra. Is this something that develops over time?
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Is your Elantra a 2007+ model, i.e. one with EPS? If so, that may be why you don't notice much if any difference with the Corolla. I have a feeling the Corolla tends to feel different to people who have not driven another car with EPS. There could also be a defect in the EPS of the Corolla that affects only some cars, which would explain the relatively small number of complaints on the steering vs. all the Corollas sold.
    Well you have to remember the EPS problem is something that affects only a small number of Corollas. You odds of test driving one that was affected were null to slim to start with. The vast majority of these cars work as supposed to.
  • thecsthecs Member Posts: 7
    We have a 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring. It has always felt like it fights me to stay straight....maybe that's why the Corolla didn't bother me at all--lol. Is this the only problem with the Corollas? That and the floor pads? I haven't seen where the Corollas are having problems with rapid acceleration. Is that true? I really liked the Corolla I test drove but, I don't want to drive anything unsafe. Thanks for your input. :)
    The 2009-2010 Corollas manufactured at the NUMMI plant in California (which has now closed) and the Canadian plant in Ontario are subject to the unintended acceleration (sticky pedal) recall. Corollas built in Japan are not affected by this recall. I am aware of four recalls affecting certain 2009-2010 Corollas. Please see attached link for further information regarding these recalls:

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2010/toyota/corolla/recalls.html
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you own a Toyota, live in LA or Orange County, CA and have a favorite story about your car, please email your daytime contact information and year/make/model to jfallon@edmunds.com.
    While trying to "build" or configure a new Corolla on Toyota.com, I tried to select the optional iPod interface kit in conjunction with the optional JBL package. For some reason, the two are not available together and I think it has something to do with the XM satellite radio receiver installed with the JBL package.

So my question is, can you use an iPod with the AUX jack equipped on the Corolla (this is without the iPod interface kit). If so, exactly what kind of adapter is needed if it is possible to play songs on an iPod through the car's stereo? Any help or explanations are greatly appreciated!
  • 2002corollaon2002corollaon Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2010 Corolla. I'm trying to remember but when I first got the car, don't remember the steering wheel every squeaking when I would turn it. I seem to recall it making little to no noise.

Then one day I brought the car into one of the dealerships to get something fixed. First thing I notice when I got into the car was the steering wheel squeaked when I turned it.

It's one of those situations where the squeak catches your attention right away...and you start to wonder if it ever did this...maybe I don't remember because it never did squeak. Only way I'm going to find out is to rent one and see if it does that on another car.

BTW, does your steering wheel squeak...not always but let's say you stop the car to park it and do some quick turns with the steering wheel....does it squeak?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If it has power steering, you should first check the power steering fluid level. What you're describing is THE symptom of low power steering fluid - since the vehicle is fairly new, it may have a leak.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gizzer777gizzer777 Member Posts: 335
    edited June 2010
    Still hanging around after trading my 09 Corolla XLE for my 2008 Subaru Outlback (yep, I went backwards a year on a very low Mileage Loaded Outback...

That was a GOOD list of improvements you assembled! IMHO

FWIW, I think they should also add an emergency gas door release in the trunk! The Subbie does not have one either, and the release tab's metal on the Corolla is just SO THIN that over time, it does bend and the door can get stuck shut! The Corolla should offer H.I.D headlights as an option...missed them Just my 2 cents! REFINE the good points!!!!! Loved the Trac and VSC last winter, but missed the heated seats and outside mirrors which I have now!

A pie in the sky suggestion,but why not offer an AWD version of the Corolla...the matrix has some sort of AWD package you can add.

Good luck to all