Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 RAV4 Sport V6 Leather?

sodak14sodak14 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Toyota
I was loookingl for a 2009 RAV4 Sport V6 ( I do not want the spare tire on the back) with leather seats. My local dealer says she couldn't find one because Toyota has not started making them yet and I couldn't order one. I guess I find that hard to believe. Has anyone seen one with leather?

Comments

• magoonmagoon Member Posts: 32
    They do exist but are a regional build that may not be available in your area.
  • rav4sport1rav4sport1 Member Posts: 1
    Sodak14

I just purchased a 2009 RAV 4 Sport with leather no spare tire mounted in the back. Understand the Sport is all packaged with limited interior and leather isn't one of it. So to get leather, first determine which grey interior you can accept. Then in your negotiating. Ask the sales person to close the deal you would like a leather package installed. They will set a time for you to bring the car back for a day and install it.

Hope this helps... As I am sending this to you. The dealer is installing my Beige Leather in my RAV 4 Sport.

Good luck...
  • magoonmagoon Member Posts: 32
    I just purchased a 2009 RAV 4 Sport with leather no spare tire mounted in the back. Understand the Sport is all packaged with limited interior and leather isn't one of it. So to get leather, first determine which grey interior you can accept. Then in your negotiating. Ask the sales person to close the deal you would like a leather package installed. They will set a time for you to bring the car back for a day and install it.

Hope this helps... As I am sending this to you. The dealer is installing my Beige Leather in my RAV 4 Sport.

The OP is not referring to aftermarket leather but rather factory installed leather..........which is available in some areas. ANY car can be had with aftermarket leather. Since all Sports are charcoal interior, yours will definitely be unique.
  • blinkerblinker Member Posts: 38
    I just purchased the model Rav 4 Sport with Appearance Pkg. I was able to get leather but it is a dealer installed option. The salesman went thru a list of like models presenty here or on the way to port. None had leather. He said that they are not producing them presently in Japan. He could put in a special order but it could take up to 4 months if they would do it. They get the leather (Charcoal perforated) from Toyota and upholster the seats--has the same warranty as the car.
  • sodak14sodak14 Member Posts: 2
    The dealer I went to gave me the same option. They said they had someone who could install the leather. I'm just kind of hesitant to do so. I've never known anyone to have leather installed and am unsure how the leatherwork would hold up to constant use in a car.
This discussion has been closed.