Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• The price seems pretty good especially with the MSRP as you have posted. The R design is a nice touch. Double check with several Volvo dealers, especially through internet sales if possible. It looks like the factory is doing some terrific promotions with options and hopefully you can benefit from it.
  • alicej1alicej1 Member Posts: 3
    My 2003 XC90 got wrecked last week; not my fault so I'm getting a decent settlement from insurance. Decided to try the XC60 as a replacement since we are now empty nesters and can have something smaller. Here's what I've got:

2010 T6 AWD
    Premium electric silver, sandstone, no wood trim
    climate
    convenience
    xenon
    multimedia pkg (includes nav)
    blis
    pcc
    towing pkg (dealer installed)

Dealer's price: $41,475
    OTD price $43,180.25

That includes all taxes, tag transfer, etc.

Should I get it? I've put requests out for an XC60 with xenon and this was the only thing that came up. Most dealers in our area don't have any. They have all said that most only come as custom orders. So I'm tempted to snap it up. Does it sound good?
  • gvolvogvolvo Member Posts: 8
    That sounds like a good deal to me. With all of the options, I don't think you can find a better deal.
  • fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    That is a very fair deal and an excellent group of options.

We went from an XC90 to an XC60 T6, and we couldn't be happier with the new SUV.
  • It sounds like a really nice deal.

IF you are in no hurry, the 2011 mid-model XC60 will have the new Nav system that is currently being introduced in the 2011 S60. It will do away with the steering wheel controls and introduce a round knob on the center console and will look pretty much like the S60, no more USB hump on the dash and a 7" screen.
    Thanks for the replies. I did put a deposit on the XC60 and now can't wait to see it. They are getting it from another dealer so it will be there tomorrow or Monday. I was so upset to lose my 2003 XC90 since it had 102k miles but looked like new and had served me very well for such a long time. It handled perfectly in the accident; I never lost control of the car despite a side impact collision that literally crushed the front end of the other vehicle. No serious injuries, thank goodness, just a person who didn't look for oncoming traffic when attempting a left turn across a busy highway. I think I may like the XC60 better and I'm very excited about the great warranty they are offering. Will update when I take delivery with my impressions.
    Ah well, such is life. There is always an upgrade around the corner! I can't wait unfortunately because the insurance co. is cutting a check for me on Monday and is paying for my rental car only until Friday. So, I do need it now. I don't use nav that much but do like having it. I'm used to the controls on the wheel already from the XC90. That does sound like a nice improvement though.
  • crsovr1crsovr1 Member Posts: 7
    You're going to love it. We have pretty much all the same things and you're going to love the xenon lights...so bright and great at night around turns. Also I've gotten so used to the nav that I like the steering wheel control. Hands are always on the steering wheel. I also like the little popup info center...looking down at the nav screen definitely forces me to look down and away from the road but that might just be because I like my seat highish as I'm 5'6".

Enjoy the car!
  • kev10kev10 Member Posts: 6
    There is no typo. ODT is 36,121. The dealer is Annapolis Volvo in Maryland. Sale rep is Tom L. You can mention my name Kevin and he will match the deal or give you similar discount. Volvo and Subaru use different discount strategy.
  • coolmom09coolmom09 Member Posts: 12
    Kevin:

Could you give the dealer's phone number? ThX!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gvolvogvolvo Member Posts: 8
    I was contemplating buying a 2010 T6 R-Design and I waited a bit too long and the 1.9% financing expired. The dealer I was working with said he could only cut $250 off the price and that there is no longer any special financing.

No one was buying these vehicles on the lot when there was 1.9% financing. The dealer has 5 2010's. Does anyone know what happens with these cars? There is absolutely no reason to buy the 2010 when the 2011 are on the lot with 2.9% financing.
  • thomask21thomask21 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone recently purchased a 2010? Automobile magazine shows that in my area (mid-atlantic) the average price people are playing is $4,000 below invoice. I haven't been able to find any dealer from north carolina, virginia, dc or maryland that will go more than $1500 under invoice on 2010s. Please let me know if anyone has gotten a better deal on 2010s.
  • martensvolvomartensvolvo Member Posts: 4
    hey buddy,
    It depends on the car why someone would go that far under invoice.
    The reason some are only 1500 is because they are not applicable incentives to warrent anything more.
    Tell us the car and I can tell you why.
    Thanks,
  • thomask21thomask21 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a T6 with climate package. MSRP 40,550. Best deal I've gotten was 37,260 OTD but it had black leather and I really want the tan.
  • jagz2400jagz2400 Member Posts: 5
    thomas,
    a T6 is not a model its an engine for several different cars. Which model are you looking for T6 S80, XC60, XC70, S60?

37260 OTD?
    Thats a great deal.
    Which state are you regestering the vehicle in?
  • mikey38mikey38 Member Posts: 141
    Since this is an xc60 forum it's probably safe he's talking about an xc60
  • homedusthomedust Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

The best offer I received for the following options are $41,411-($500 Costco Employee Pricing + $500 Costco Gift Card) = $40,911; this does not include destination, tax and doc fees. Do you think is a fair deal? By the way I live in San Francisco.

Multimedia
    Blis
    Xeon Headlight
    Metallic Seashell

I have been pondering whether to take this deal or the Overseas Delivery which was offered at $40,430 ( no Costco's deal nor xeon headlight).

Thanks in advance.
  • xiaommxiaomm Member Posts: 3
    We went to a Volvo dealer today and b/c they didn't have the featuers/color we want, we decide to order. But we were told Volvo is no longer making the 2011 modle already, they are going to produce "2011 1/2" modle, with a new dash board design. Have anyone heard of this? What's more, the dealer said they don't know what the new pricing going to be yet. The whole thing sounds weird, isn't it?
    That's the way it works....it's generation II for 2011, and should be very nice with an upgraded instrument panel and no pod on top. Just agree on a price above/below invoice. If you are a Costco member, I believe they have a very good end of year Volvo program again.

Good luck.
  • xiaommxiaomm Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone seen this new generation II and the invoice price?
  • ironcxironcx Member Posts: 1
    The invoice price is the same, for now, as the current 2011. I just ordered my XC60 through the Costco program. I guess they "grandfather" in the price as of today, but I won't get my car until March. Supposedly the price will go up as the 1st of the new year, but we'll see.
    The only differences I saw on the newer 2011s is the "watch dial instrument cluster" and the addition of "Volvo Sensus":
    http://www.volvolearning.info/Volvo_need2know/content_portal/need2knowProduct.ht- m

The Costco program seems pretty good. I have the option of foregoing my Costco benefits (Invoice-500 and $500 Costco card) for any available rebates or incentives.
    Now the long wait comes :(
  • danix75danix75 Member Posts: 2
    The 2011 models produced after week 46 are being made with the new Sensus system. http://www.volvocars.com/us/sales-services/sales/soundandnavigation/pages/volvo-- sensus.aspx

This gets rid of the "pod" that sits atop the dash in the earlier models. If you want to see what it looks like, I'm sure the dealership already has an S60 in the showroom with the new system. It's Volvo's version of the idrive.

I bought my 2011 XC60 T6 R Design for about $3,700 under invoice back on 10/29. I got a letter in the mail from Amex Platinum services letting me know about a new benefit they offered... pre-negotiated car deals. They blew away all pricing I had received thus far so I went with them: http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html

They give you a choice of several dealers in the area and it's no fee, no obligation. I ended up choosing Prestige Volvo in East Hanover, NJ and so far the experience has been great! They've emailed me my VIN number and it's expected to arrive in port on 12/20.
  • dulnevdulnev Member Posts: 652
    Did you mean to say $3,700 under MSRP?
  • danix75danix75 Member Posts: 2
    Yes... sorry $3700 under MSRP, $1400 under invoice.
  • Agreed, the 2011 mid-year model is a major improvement with engine, and Sensus system. I ordered mine June of 2010 but had the factory wait for production until the new mid-year production took effect week 46 or later. My XC-60 completed production this week and should be loaded aboard the Falstaff in next day or two bound for west coast USA. Should take delivery in late January.
  • lexie3lexie3 Member Posts: 3
    For the mid-2011, is there an engine change in addition to the new dashboard / sensus system? Thanks
  • lexie3lexie3 Member Posts: 3
    For those of you quoting prices below invoice, is there any consideration for the advertising fee that Volvo adds to the cost? For instance, this week I agreed to purchase a 2011 XC60 for $350 below invoice and, in addition, the dealer waived the $500 advertising fee. The dealer stated that the advert fee is part of the invoice. Would one consider this $850 below invoice? Thank you
  • zeezzeez Member Posts: 1
    2010 Volvo XC60 3.2L FWD

With Premium package+ Convenience Package + multimedia package.
    Sticker Price $40,345

It is the last 2010 model in dealer's stock.
    The dealer give me the Price $35K, OTD price about 39K.

Since I have another Volvo, I can get $1000 customer loyalty rebate from volvo. But looks 2010 model do not qualify for costco program.

My majoy concern is based on TureCar.com, The price range for this car shall be in 33K or so but all my local dealers claims this price is impossible.
    It is a little bit over my budget so I still hesitate on it.
    You cannot waive the advertising fee. The 500 dollars does not affect the MSRP of the vehicle. Only the bottom Dealer cost, Not invoice. So if Dealer Cost is 29500 without ad fee but with destination when Invoice is 31000 with MSRP 33000 you buying the car at 30650.00 is not effecting the advertising fee of 500.00. It makes his true dealer cost 30000 with ad fee and destination. So in they are making about 1960.00 from you.
    Granted you WANT the dealer to make something. One to pay the guys to wash your car, the sales guy to make his minimal commission and also enough for the finance guy to get something. A PERFECT and Fair deal for both parties on this structure would be 30100.00.
  • mikey38mikey38 Member Posts: 141
    Advertising fee is just a fancy title for additional dealer profit. Next you will find a "fee" for hot water and utilities the dealership uses.
    Sir,
    You are incorrect. If a fee is placed on the invoice the manufacturer charges every vehicle an advertising fee based on regional advertisement. Some areas have more then others. As Volvo in rural settings generally do not have any ad fees. In more populated areas they do have up to 500 of ad fee per vehicle. It is not Dealer profit unless it does not show up on the manufacturer's invoice. A dealer cannot manipulate the original invoice.
  • iamsonyiamsony Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

Wanted to see if this is a good price. We want to get the XC60 within 7 days. We are going to order this week and wait until the new Sensus come standard on the XC60 in Feb/Mar

For
    T6 AWD
    Climate Package
    Metallic Paint

Lowest price is

Sale Price = 37602.00
    Taxes = 2256.12
    Tags = 308.00
    Processing fee 299.00
    Volvo loyalty -1000.00
    On the Road = 39465.12

Thanks,
  • rkurlanderrkurlander Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2010
    Ordered the new 2011.5 yesterday with new Sensus system. Dealer says to expect delivery in early March. Hopefully they are being conservative and it will be mid to late February.
  • dulnevdulnev Member Posts: 652
    I wouldn't bet on it. Set your expectation to end of March to avoid disappointment. Our 2010 XC60 was delivered a month later than promised.
  • coolmom09coolmom09 Member Posts: 12
    We ordered the new 2010.5 xc60 in October and was told the delivery will be early Feb, but the dealer called yesterday that it might arrive by end of Dec!
  • There is, the new 300HP engine for the Turbo.
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    Do the folks at Volvo need a new calendar? Surely a vehicle delivered in Feb of 2011 couldn't possibly be a 2010 model. Our 2010 XC60 will be TWO years old in March 2011. Perhaps daylight saving time is coming back to haunt us! :)
  • juxtajuxta Member Posts: 44
    I ordered mine yesterday. The dealer said mid-February so that might be a stretch. But who knows, the factory employees might be ready to work faster after getting a few weeks off for Christmas.

My transmission went out on my old car, but I work from home and leave the house only once a week sometimes. No biggie. I'll be borrowing my wife's car until the XC60 arrives. I would certainly pay a $1000 rush fee to get it a month sooner. That should be a standard option!

I went with Costco - $500 under invoice came to $45,216. Metallic AWD T6 with Climate, Convenience, Multimedia and Technology packages with BLIS, Xenon and PCC.
    There seems to be an urban legend about auto factories in Europe shutting down for the entire month of December. False. The Volvo Belgium factory - where the XC-60 is built - closes from 12/23 - 1/2.
  • scmkidsscmkids Member Posts: 2
    I ordered my 2011 XC60 AWD 3.2L on 12/19/2010 with Premium, Climate, Convenience packages along with BLIS, PCC, 7.5 x 18" MERAC Alloy Wheels, Dual Xeon Bending Lights. The dealer told me to expect the vehicle to arrive in March 2011 also. I hope I do not have to wait that long.

Since I have just realized that XC60 Technology Package will now include "Pedestrian Detection with Full Auto Brake", I am in process of adding this also into the order.

Since I use Costco program, the price is the invoice (Costco calls it Employee Pricing) with $500 taken off. I expect to get additional $500 Costco Cash Card 6-8 weeks after I file Costco Redemption Form.

I have excellent experience so far with XC60 purchasing process. The dealership I work with has been very professional and helpful. I was considering other vehicles and tested drive them prior like BMW X3, Sienna XLE AWD, and Acura MDX so far I like XC60 AWD the most. Also, XC60 seems to have the most advanced technology (except navigation) of all the vehicles I considered.
    edited December 2010
    The last two Volvo's we've special ordered from the factory using the Costco plan, both over the Christmas/New Year shut down, have been delivered within 8 weeks or so. Many weeks faster than the original dealer estimates.

With the options you've ordered consider the T-6 engine over the 3.2L. It won't be more than about $400 more, gets the same fuel burn, is much more powerful, and is a lot more fun to drive. Our salesman talked us into the switch, and we're most happy he did.

Do it soon, so as not to delay delivery, and good luck!
  • lateotwlateotw Member Posts: 1
    My local dealer told me the 2011 mid-year model is at the port ready for delivery in the first week of Jan, from reading the posts here that doesn't sound feasible?
    If your XC-60 was ordered in early November it could easily be delivered in early January. The mid year production change was effective November 22.
  • harbourharbour Member Posts: 4
    I am in Chicago and the local dealers have the 2011.5 version already. So I was able to drive one home today. I don't understand why dealers in Chicago got those earlier than east coast.

This is the first SUV I got. I did not test drive this one but tested some earlier versions. The ride of the one I bought is not smooth. I can definitely feel it if there are some bumps on the road. Not sure if there is anything wrong with the suspension system on the new version. And there are only less than 10 miles on it when I bought it. I might need to go back to the dealer to check it out. Did anyone have the same experience?

Here is what I got with the Costco program:

Volvo XC60 2011.5 black/off black with Sensus system
    AWD T6
    Climate Package
    Convenience Package
    BLIS
    PCC
    Navigation Prep

I have a trade-in at $11,000 and the OTD is $32,153 with additional $500 Costco Gift-card.
  • The ship Falstaff has passed through the Panama Canal and should arrive in CA by the 30th So could easily get delivery on west coast early January.
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    IF they can find a port that's not covered in mud or washed away entirely! Good luck to all the Cali folks cleaning up after the storms!
  • neozneoz Member Posts: 5
    What is a "manufacturer's invoice"? I went to a local dealer and the person pulled out a sheet of paper from his binder for the car we are interested. That paper does include advertising fee. But I mean, I can print that paper. It is printed like using an old type writer.

So what exactly is a "manufacturer's invoice"? Thanks.
  • juxtajuxta Member Posts: 44
    My Volvo salesman pulled out that sheet of paper as well and it matched perfectly to the invoice price on Edmunds, Costco and other car buying websites. For the XC60 no telling what dealers pay all-things-considered but you're probably doing very well at $2000-$3500 below invoice, if that's even possible.

Edmunds and cars.com still have the same old invoice pricing, but on other buying sites "powered by Zag" the invoice base price recently has gone up by $1500 and the fully loaded invoice has gone up by almost $4000. I'm sure the dealership would be glad for you to buy an XC60 at these "invoice" prices.

There are four Volvo dealerships in my area and I didn't bother calling around to see which one could beat the others' lowest price on my factory order. Maybe I should have but I was too giddy from my test drive to care.
  • iamsonyiamsony Member Posts: 12
    We just got a 2011 with the new Sensus. Custom order for delivery in 6 to 12 weeks.

Final cost is below for

2011 3.0T AWD
    Climate Package
    Convience Package
    PCC

Processing fee was $99
    Tags was $274

Total price including a 6% sales tax was
    $40,500 OTD. We also got a $500 Costco card. So really $40,000 OTD. I think we got a pretty good deals when I checked truecar and other prices people paid for.