Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kgirl58kgirl58 Member Posts: 2
    Wondering what folks think about this price. $41,900 for factory-ordered xc60 AWD T6 with Dynamic Package (Xenon, 4-C Chassis, and speed sensitive steering), BLIS, metallic paint, running boards and mudflaps. Haven't been able to get a second quote. Tried the whole internet thing, and other dealers are e-mailing me but haven't come up with numbers. My guess is that they don't think I'd seriously do factory order or am just trying to get a better deal (well yeah). I tell them what I want and they just try to tell me what's on their lot.

Thoughts?
  • zzz2006zzz2006 Member Posts: 25
    I am looking for a 2011 or 2012 volvo xc60, 3.2L Premier,

Tech package
    Nav prep
    BLIS
    Blue metallic paint

I found two dealers that would do $750 under invoice, ($39019, plus $250 dealer fee, tax, title etc.)

Any comments?
  • kgirl58kgirl58 Member Posts: 2
    I think that it's about right. Given the availability of xc60s now, anything under invoice is good. You may be getting a deal because they have the technology package. I heard that many people don't go for it, so maybe the dealers want to jump at the change to unload?
  • idmdidmd Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2011
    Just purchased a new (had 4 miles on it sitting in showroom) 2011 R-Design 3.0T with Multimedia, Climate, BLIS and Metallic paint for $44975 including destination plus $375 documentation fee and tax, title, reg. Compared to the 2012's it has the added benefit of +10K on the maintenance plan plus they weren't giving nearly as good a deal. In 5 years the value difference between 2011 and 2012 will be minimal.

MSRP was $48100. Thought it was a good deal.
    The price I got was from truecar. For any options, they should offer $750 off invoice. That was the truecar promise.

I've never used it before. We'll see how it goes.
  • bcohn21bcohn21 Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

I live in CT. What dealership did you receive the quote from?
    Almost ready to place a factory order.

The best quote we received for 2012 XC60 3.2 with

AWD
    Premier plus
    climate package,
    BLIS
    metallic paint
    wood inlays

is $39000

plus 7% tax and 205 title, registration, dealer docs fee etc.

According to truecar, it is even lower than dealer cost. Is it possible? :surprise:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    That is under cost.... No incentives that I've heard of, either...

Makes you wonder....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rohan_b79rohan_b79 Member Posts: 2
    Just got my new 2011 XC60 T6 AWD in San francisco, with PREMIER PLUS + CLIMATE pkg W/ HEATED REAR SEATS + XENON + PCC + NAVI PREP .

MSRP- $44020
    Invoice- $41651
    Final Purchase Price- $41000

What do you guys think, did I pay a little too much or is that fine or a super deal? Let me know your thoughts.

Thinking of getting the Volvo Sensus navigation installed, has anyone done that, if so please share cost and user experience.
    The dealer said that there were only 3-4 of these in the whole of the western US. Being a 2011 it has the extra 10K miles on the maintenance compared to the 2012's.
  • skspghskspgh Member Posts: 28
    I've got an offer of $1K below invoice on a new 2012 xc60 T6 - Platinum, Climate, Dynamic. Thoughts - room to get more aggressive or this is as good as it gets?
  • rohan_b79rohan_b79 Member Posts: 2
    Hi SKSPGH,

Just take the deal. In all likelihood it won't get any better than that.

-R
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    I agree with rohan. That wouldn't be a terrible deal on a leftover '11 ('course, I'd want my Volvo loyalty bucks on top of that). ;)
    I am SO excited. Bought the car. Final is xc60 2012 t6 AWD with Platinum, Climate, Dynamic and BLIS. Sea Shell Metallic. I LOVE the car. So unique in shape and styling. And its nice not to be the common car on the road. Navigation/Sensus reviews scard me a bit but I think I'm already sort of used to it.

And final deal is $1346 below invoice. I'm very happy with the deal. I think there is limited supply of the car but also limited 'purchases' for the loaded model so there is flex in pricing.
  • bcflutiebcflutie Member Posts: 1
    Any thoughts or recommendations on the following?

2011 XC60, 3.2, AWD, climate package, metallic paint upgrade. It has been the courtesy car for a dealership in Boston since May, and has 7,500 miles on it.

Current offer from the dealer is $34,400, which is $2,400 off the MSRP of $36,800 since it is used. My initial thoughts are that the invoice price is approx $34,800, so after the $2,400 reduction a fair amount to pay would be nommore than $32,400.

This is only the second car I have purchased, so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    A couple of things to consider would be the warranty in-service date(would be May from what I've been told) and the relatively high mileage for a loaner(1000 miles/month seems a bit high to me). No offense, but I'll bet you could get the same 'offer' on a NEW '11 and close to it on a new '12, based on what I've read here. I like your price much better. Pity the buyer who pays their asking price on a 'year-old' vehicle :blush:

Take a look at a Costco buying program or similar to get close to invoice on a new XC60.

Remember: ALWAYS be willing to walk away. It took me more than two vehicle purchases to learn that lesson. Good luck! ;)
  • cberrytechcberrytech Member Posts: 20
    Just received this offer via email - 2012 XC60 T6 AWD with Premier Plus, BLIS, and Climate. MSRP $43,920, invoice $41,687, selling price $41,187. The dealer is a bit further than I would like to travel, but this offer is the first I have received. Thought I would pass it on, maybe it will help another member. Dealer is in Chicago area.
  • westcoastxpatwestcoastxpat Member Posts: 1
    skspgh-

Where did you get your vehicle? I just put a deposit on a custom order in the same specs; Platinum, climate, dynamic but without BLIS and used A Plan pricing thinking this was our best shot. Your claim is that you beat that with over $1K in savings...

Let me know your trick so i can continue to negotiate.
  • cberrytechcberrytech Member Posts: 20
    Going to pick up my new 2012 XC60 T6 AWD R-Design tomorrow morning. Includes Platinum, Climate, and BLIS. MSRP $50,175. Original offer from the dealer was $48,394 with Volvo loyalty. I don't have one to trade though. Final negotiated price is $47,467. TrueCar says invoice is $47,717. I pushed for $47,000, but they acted like they were bleeding already.
    Volvo/NJ/Edison. Use TrueCar for pricing and guidance. And take that to the dealer. $1K below invoice appears average paid price.
  • harderbeatsharderbeats Member Posts: 1
    That's a pretty good deal!

I just purchased a 2012 XC60 T6 AWD R-Design in Passion Red with Off Black interior, includes Platinum, Climate, BLIS as well. MSRP $50,175. Got it out the door at $46,129 after loyalty bonus, so I was really happy. Especially being that invoice is $47,717. Only downside is that there was only 1 in the country matching what I wanted and it's half way across the country, so to have it shipped to me was another $1k, not too bad though. Expecting delivery next week, can't wait to drive it!
    Darned good numbers! That's what I might expect on a leftover 2011. Well done! Arrest-me-red...excellent color! There are some pretty lively discussions over on SwedeSpeed regarding various attributes of the 2012 model. Enjoy the new ride!
    edited December 2011
    Picked up my factory ordered 2012 XC60 this weekend.

Priced paid for 2012 3.2 AWD XC60 with

Premium plus
    Metallic paint
    BLIS
    Climate package
    Wood inlays

$39000

Plus $181 dealer doc fees and $2741 tax, total out door price paid --> $41922 :blush:

The sticker price is $43170. According to the turecar, it is under dealer's cost!
    Well done...nice Holiday present! Please share your color combo.

Our '10 T6 will get a workout over the Holidays...shortest planned trip would be 1100 miles over Christmas weekend. 'Might' end up closer to 3000 miles if we visit our mountain house 5 states away :cry: . Going in this week for the 45K mile check-up.

Enjoy yours! I've seen some really attractive '12s out there...just have to remind myself that we JUST bought a new C70. ;) AND I'm reminded that by purchasing the 11th XC60 sold in central Texas, we paid within $500 of full MSRP :blush: .
    We picked the Caspian blue metallic paint, beige/espresso leather with classic walnut wood inlays.

We simply love it!

Enjoy your trip!
  • sdeaglessdeagles Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    xc 60 3.2
    all wheel drive
    platinum package
    blis
    seashell metalic paint
    msrp price 44375
    true car dealer invoice 42265

agreed price 40699. deliver mid feb.
  • elonlauraelonlaura Member Posts: 2
    $40699 sounds like a good price for the vehicle. I just started negotiating for the same specs. Any tips? I'm in DC.
  • jgrunjgrun Member Posts: 1
    Yeah, I'm not buying it. Maybe with Volvo loyalty. About all you can expect in the DC region is about 500 above invoice and then loyalty subtracted from there. Thats where all their true car numbers are for everyone in that region. Why give up what seeminly dealers cannot keep in stock?

Your better negotiating with te dealer closet to you, for reasons of long term you will be servicing with them. If they have what you want in stock believe me dealer trades in te Volvo world for xc69s are never guaranteed jump on it before someone else does.
  • sdeaglessdeagles Member Posts: 2
    no loyalty rebate. 1000 dollars below invoice is only an average price. friend bought a xc60 t6 premium plus, climate, dynamic, blis, nav prep with MSRP 44870 and sale price is 41111.
  • stevenfraudstevenfraud Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    2012 T6 + Platinum package + Mentalic paint + Blis + xeon headlight
    $4.3W + TTL
    no loyalty rebate applied
  • xc60sjcaxc60sjca Member Posts: 1
    I purchased the following:

2012 T6 3.0
    Platinum Package
    Metallic Paint
    BLIS
    Climate Package

$43,000
  • juxtajuxta Member Posts: 44
    The only leverage you have is to ask what is the best price they can give, then maybe ask for $1500 off that price, and if you don't like the answer try somewhere else. You can always come back. I wound up paying invoice - my $500 Costco discount offset the $500 advertising fee.

With 8 Volvo dealers in the DC area, could/should I have gone around to get a better offer? Yes, but at the time my previous vehicle was dead and I wanted to order ASAP and I did right after the test drive. Also because of the economy I wanted to support the dealership closest to my home. I didn't haggle at all, maybe I should have asked for $500 off! Oh well.
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    Wnat to lease XC60 -- but Volvo lease support program inadequate; need model with navigation and backup camera. Had leased new Lexus 450 H but cabin integrity compromised, toxic fumes; wife and son repeatedly ill. Returned to dealer within month, and they had us eat $5000. Lexu Corp won't even pick up the $5000. So, we carefully considering alternatives, including XC60 but so far not competitive lease offered, at least here in So Calif. They want invoice, not much below.
  • graciemae1graciemae1 Member Posts: 1
    2012 Volvo XC60 3.2 Platinum 4dr AWD Loaded

Selling price 43,870
    discount 2378.00
    plus 500 Doc Fee
    21,00 Non tax fees.
    total $45,058.37
    how much room is there?

Thanks.
  • nelson331nelson331 Member Posts: 3
    She got 1 because of all the improved safety features.

XC60 T6 AWD
    Platinum
    BLIS
    Active Xenon
    Climate package
    Silver metalic

MSRP: $47,800 or something very close, don't remember exactly

Final price: $43,850 + TT & Doc fee
    Way to go Mom! I'm guessing she didn't mind the smile that comes across when you put your foot into the T6, either :D . Excellent color BTW.

We just turned 50K miles over the weekend. Looking forward to a little OSD trip in summer '13 if all goes according to plan. ;)

Gotta get some new rubber in the mean time. Looking at GoodYear cs TripleTred All Season w/$160 rebate to get the price 'closer' to more popular tires.

'10 XC60 T6 AWD just drove out of warranty :( .
  • dvcqdvcq Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2012 XC60 from a SoCal dealer:

XC60 FWD 3.2L
    Premier Package
    Metallic paint
    Wood steering wheel and inlay.
    Dual chrome pipes
    Nav prep.

MSRP $38140, dealer agreed to give $34251 plus TTL. Did not know conquest offer is coming. But I am not sure how much room it can have.

Pretty happy so far. :blush:
  • jberg5jberg5 Member Posts: 1
    we are thinking of purchasing a 2012 xc60 with the platinum package, climate package, dual xenon headlamps - sticker msrp: $47825

what would be a good purchase price? i have never paid more than $1000 over invoice for a car - and i was thinking that a fair price to pay - would be about $46000.

would anyone agree or disagree with this? and can i get a better deal?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    If you pay that price, you'll be giving the dealer early Mother's Day and Father's Day gifts (for everyone on the staff). XC60's are not new anymore so you shouldn't have trouble negotiating a much better price.
    I don't think that's too bad for the next couple of months...THEN I might be looking for a better deal as the 2013 models will be just around the corner. That 46K figure looks to be pretty close to the Edmunds 'TMV'. Of course, if the dealer is loaded with similar units and you hit them before the end of the month, who knows what they might offer ;) . I'm still licking my wounds from paying within $500 of full sticker when we got the 11th unit sold(PRE-sold) in central Texas back in March '09. That hurt, but at least I got the 'emergency' kit for being one of the first to test drive! :shades:
  • renee608renee608 Member Posts: 6
    Just drove the 2012 XC60 today. LOVED it! Question on pricing. Is this a good time to buy or should i wait until the 2013's come out. would i get a better price on a 2012 then? should i expect to pay invoice or above? any buying advice would be much appreciated!
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    I am in the same boat here.
    I'd say THIS is the week to get your deal. End of the month/quarter at the end of the model year should mean the best chance to get 'what you want' at a good price. Unless your dealer just has a glut of XCs(does ANY dealer?), you run the risk of missing out on the one you have your eye on.

Over at SwedeSpeed, there are some folks closing deals at pretty good prices. Don't mean to hawk another forum, but those members are all about Volvos and know their stuff. In round numbers, it looks like folks are getting about 10% off MSRP...should be better than invoice, I believe. Don't let the dealer add too much 'fluff' to your vehicle in order to inflate the price...extra warranty, paint/interior protection, etc. Stick with the vehicle you want and add any options you already have your mind set on.

Good luck! Hope you enjoy your new ride!
  • wawzj619wawzj619 Member Posts: 55
    MSRP $38150, selling price $34350 + TTL. Good deal?? :confuse:
    edited August 2012
    What did you decide?
  • wawzj619wawzj619 Member Posts: 55
    Purchased it. Seashell Metallic. Not sure about the destination fee. The MSRP they told me is $38215.
  • alawisiousalawisious Member Posts: 1
    I've got my eye on a demo 2012 xc60

6700 miles
    Clean Carfax
    Msrp: $53,000
    Sales price listed on website: $46,000
    Like new condition

Any advice on what I should offer and where I should expect to end up is much appreciated. My initial thoughts were:
    - 2013s are out
    - last week of the quarter
    - demo car, so losing out on 6mos of warranty
    - I've noticed thanks to these forums that a general 10% off msrp isn't unreasonable for a new car
    - also noticed that $5k-$8k or so discount for being a 5k miles plus demo is normal

So, what are my chances of getting this for $40k before tax, fees, etc? Any advice on making this happen?

Thx! Al
    Al, best of luck getting the deal you want! I'd take a good look at that MSRP to see what's included. $53K sounds like a completely tricked out R-design unless they've 'added' way too much fluff like 'protection' packages, etc. Not saying you couldn't reach $53K on the XC 60, but it would be completely loaded.

Be sure to be clear on what S&S program is included. There's potentially a big difference between 4yrs/50k and 5yrs/60k on the program.

You'd be my hero if you got close to $40K...I'm guessing closer to $43-44(again, depending on the ACTUAL MSRP).
  • cgib2000cgib2000 Member Posts: 20
    Hello Carman and fellow posters,

I've been offered the below deal and want to know if it's a good deal or can I do better.

2012 XC60 R-Design w/ premier plus pkg, blind spot system and climate pkg.
    MSRP: $48670
    Selling price $43470 + ttl ($5200 off MSRP)
    2.49% financing for up to 72 months.

What do you guys think? Any more wiggle room. Thanks for the input.
    edited October 2012
    Seems like a pretty good price IF the number you quote is actually +ttt ONLY and no other fees/mark-ups/add-ons, etc. Might as well save a little on financing if you can go for 60 months(1.49%)...
    https://www.penfed.org/Auto-Loans-Overview
    ...OR ask if US Bank/Volvo will match the rate...they did for me a year ago ;)

Also, consider the inventory near you IF this is the vehicle you really want. The two-store dealer in our city of 1.7 million is completely out of '12 XC60 units.
  • stealthdivastealthdiva Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    I Have two firm quotes on a 2012 R design from two different dealers in my area.

Msrp: $51.3, quote: $45.3
    Platinum package, Blis, Climate

Msrp: $48.7, quote:$45.2 and then down to $43.8
    Premium Plus package, Blis, Climate

Most likely I will go with the platinum package for the rear camera, nav system, and upgraded stereo.

I am new to Volvo and looking forward to joining the club