Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• townhallsn1townhallsn1 Member Posts: 9
    It's through credit union so no sales tax. Lease comes to 467 for three years. no money down except first payment and 400 loan fee. Lease is good because of credit union. I was trying to see if the price seemed fair. Thoughts?
  • akyaky Member Posts: 2
    Considering Overseas delivery of XC60....driving around Sweden a little and then having them ship the car to our dealer. Who has done this? And how did it work out? Do you recommend I take advantage of this? Any advise appreciated....don't want to make a big mistake!
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    If the ad fee is printed on the invoice, it is 100% legit.
    If I couldn't make AT LEAST $700 over invoice I wouldn't sell the car, and I'd have to think long and hard at $700 over. Buy the car.
    If you have the time, OSD is a wonderful way to go. Car will probably cost less than if you bought it the regular way. However, most banks won't loan money on an OSD car, you can't lease it, except thru VFNA(yuck) and no retail incentives apply. Also, it takes 3 months to build you a car and another 1.5 to 2 months to ship it home to you. If you like to travel, SAS is great and the hotel in Gothenburg is superb. Plus, you get to drive your own car around Europe.
    Thanks volvomax. I saw references to people getting invoice in PA and NJ but nobody in the DC area seems to be getting closer than 1k over invoice, so I wanted to check. Sounds like you'd be expecting to get at least 1k over invoice as well? One other note, the car has 150 miles on it meaning it was demo'd a few times. I assume that doesn't affect the price until you get a lot more demo miles on it. Would you agree?
    Each market is different WRT pricing.
    Wouldn't worry about 150 miles.
    Ok thanks. Will post after the sale is complete asuming someone else doesn't buy it this wekend.
  • akyaky Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. I believe I'll check into ODP further. I would like to spend at least 2 weeks in Europe....have to figure out how to plan it all out so I have a place to sleep each night.
    Just wanted to give an update...The car I had described above got sold the day before I could return from travel and sign the papers. That's the bad news. The good news is that, after a mad scramble to find a car before the end of the month, I wound up getting a better deal at another dealer. I wound up getting xc60 T6 w Climate package (booster seats in back) and BLISS for Edmunds invoice plus the $500 ad fee. This was over $700 cheaper than the previous deal. No extra fees or anything, and I am now a happy owner of an xc60! It was a good combination of a dealer wanting to move a car at the end of the month and a buyer who wanted the incentives! Out of curiosity, what are September's incentives on the XC60?

One very interesting thing to note is that the climate package and BLISS did not improve residual at all. The credit union I did the lease through does not use a raw percentage, they use a dollar value (19,800 after 3 years). These options didn't increase the residual so the payments got a bit higher than expected. That said, the residual is still much better than Volvo's US Bank's residual. The only things that improved residual were Nav, upgraded stereo, and multimedia headrest.
    Lease incentive went DOWN $1750
    OTOH, XC60 now qualifies for the Safe and Sound program.
    Can't do better than buying at invoice(weak [non-permissible content removed] dealer!)
    Hah hah, maybe just a motivated dealer but either way I'm happy. Total payment is 485 per month with just first payment and $50 business tax due at signing. I think that's pretty good compared to volvo's advertised special for a base 3.2. T6 plus climate and bliss wel worth the extra $15 and no money down. Very glad to hear incentive dropped. Made the mad rush to close a deal before the end of the
    month worthwhile. Thanks for the Input and feedback volvomax.
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    VolvoMax,

You said that XC60 now qualifies for the Safe and Sound program, but when I checked the Volvo website, it does not reflect that. IMO, the Safe and Sound program is worth upward of $1,500 for the one extra year of warranty, 5 years' scheduled maintenance, 5 years' wear and tear coverage, so it certainly is a factor when compared with other makes/models. Can you confirm whether XC60 is indeed included in the S&S program?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, the XC60 is now covered by Safe and Sound.
    Went into effect Sept 1.
  • entertheswampentertheswamp Member Posts: 3
    Would you mind giving more detail on your deal townhall? Is $485 including taxes? What is your residual, price, MSRP, and mileage? Thanks for the assistance as I am in the middle of trying to get this car for a reasonable price.
  • fmcdonnellfmcdonnell Member Posts: 2
    I've gotten two quotes in the Long Island, NY area on a near fully loaded T6 at invoice. With the $1K dealer cash they are still making a profit, but I'm curious if anyone has seen better offers than this. Also, has anyone gotten a dealer to guarantee the Safe & Sound package at delivery for ordered cars? Thanks.
    There were no taxes since i leased through a credit union. They are a non-profit so they don't pay sales tax. 485 is just the 1 month payment required at signing. There was also a $60 business fee. Residual is 19225. Mileage is 15k per year. These are all specific to the credit union though and aren't helpful when talking to the dealer. Volvo uses US bank and the bank has set their own rates and mileage. I believe msrp was 40800 (it's T6 + climate + BLISS, i don't have window sticker in front of me). If possible, use your own bank instead of US bank. Your rates will be better. Hope this helps.
  • tomkeantomkean Member Posts: 1
    I'm a retired US servicemember residing in Germany. I have been waiting for a smaller SUV from Volvo for 4 years or so. My last car was a 2005 XC70. I have been driving Volvos since the mid 90s. In May 2008 our dealer told us that he could start taking orders for the "smaller" SUV .. the XC60. At the end of May we put in our order. We ordered a fully loaded version .. the only features missing were BLIS, the speed interval feature, and the top stereo system. The dealer price (or the website price, if you please) was over 50,000 Euros. That computes to a little over 70,000 US dollars. Of course, as a long-time customer with our dealer, I got a hefty rebate, but it still hurts to see how little they cost on the other side of the pond.

We took delivery the first week of March (2009) and have around 7000 miles on it by now. We love it. The only drawback (particulary if you previously drove an XC70), is the slightly smaller loading space in back. To make up for it, we downsized from a larger dog (did not sell her, she just was finished with us here on earth) to a miniature poodle.

We got the terra bronze model, with the 2-tone espresso-beige color combination.

We have the D4 AWD automatic version in (get ready for this) a diesel model.

The ride is smooth, or harder, you can adjust it how you want it to be today. Our accessory packages have more variations. We love the navigation system .. which is very similar to the last two Volvos we have driven. I hear a lot about the clumsiness regarding the control that is on the front side of the steering wheel, but I have absolutely no problem with it at all.

If I regreat anything with this purchase, it is possibly that I did not wait for the more fuel efficient 2010 3.2 model. But that's the end of the negatives.
  • entertheswampentertheswamp Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the response. The actual price of the vehicle was $500 over the invoice minus the 5k rebate? In other words, did they calculate the lease based on The invoice price minus the 5k?

I never knew there were credit unions that don't charge tax. Is that just a NY thing, or can indo it in Florida

Thanks again
    Yes, edmunds invoice + $500 (ad fee for VA). The credit union isn't specific to a state afaik. All credit unions are non-profit so they don't pay sales tax. I thought Fla didn't have sales tax to begin with, although not sure about cars.
    just realized i didn't answer your question fully. yes $500 over invoice minus $5750 in incentives (1k dealer incentive, 4750 lease incentive). so the car was 5250 below edmunds invoice when it was all said and done. Lease incentive has dropped a bit, but they've added the safe and sound thing
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who have recently purchased a compact SUV in the past six months. If you’ve downsized from a larger SUV, please let me know. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, October 2, 2009.
  • microchipmicrochip Member Posts: 5
    Silver metallic 3.2 AWD with Premium package, Climate with booster, convenience package, BLIS, Sunroof, MSRP is $40795, invoice is $38548, he started there, subtracted $1000 dealer cash incentive and $4000 alternative leasing incentive to get a price of $33548. Taxes and fees down is $3835.50 and then $478.36/mo for 60 mos (including the 60 month 60k Volvo Safe + Sound Coverage Plan). Also offered 48 mos at $511.86 and 36 mos at $545.11, but with the vsscp I see no reason not to go 60 mos. Only ringer is I've got 2 payments left on my BMW X3, trying to get him to eat that (drop another $1000 off) and I'd like a dealer installed hitch, or for him to find me the same car in the port with a hitch (so it's residualized). Gotta decide tomorrow or the vsscp and the $4000 alternative financing might go away. Anybody know if that's true?

Thanks!
    MC
  • lorderfan1lorderfan1 Member Posts: 1
    MC, I am in the market for a XC60 base + premium package only. Can you/anybody else let me know what might be the going price. MSRP is $34,945, could I get this for ~$32,000?
    From your scenario, does it mean that if were to finance it as oppose to leasing, the price would be $33,548 tahts like 6K less than MSRP!!
    -E
  • microchipmicrochip Member Posts: 5
    Well, the $1000 off cash to dealer and $4000 (or $3500 for FWD) for leasing with US Bank ended yesterday. I can confirm that the Safe & Sound has been extended until January. No word yet on the other incentives, but I think the $1000 cash to dealer is now $750 from something I saw on Volvo's site. I didn't get the car, dealer sold it and couldn't find one with the options I want, so we'll see what the October incentives end up being...

MC
  • sreddy1sreddy1 Member Posts: 1
    Paid 32,900. in end of September (right around invoice minus the 1000 rebate to dealer)
    Driven for one week:
    Overall great drive and ride. No roll on corners. Smooth.
    Engine could use a few more hp's though am getting about 20-21mpg w/ city driving.
  • docrad59docrad59 Member Posts: 1
    looking to get a xc60 3.2 with premium, and nav any ideas on prices this month?
  • mcgloinkmcgloink Member Posts: 3
    Looking for input on pricing- XC60-T6- Silver Metallic- Moon roof, Convenience Package,Climate Package, BLIS. MSRP-41,245;Dealer Inv-38,970; Lease Terms are: 39 mos, 12,000 mi per year, $3253 cash @signing; $578 mo. pmt; Cap cost-35,770; Residual factor-44%, money factor-0.00235; this is supposed to reflect the incentives of $4500. and moonroof is free. Cash covers Tax,1st payment,etc. Should the dealer be taking incentives off the dealer invoice instead of MSRP? Any feedback on whether this looks like a good deal would be appreciated. Thanks
  • mikey38mikey38 Member Posts: 141
    I'm about to pull the trigger on an XC60: 3.2, AWD, climate, convenience and premium packages plus sunroof, wood inlays and exterior styling kit. Sticker price $41,665 (including destination) Purchase price $39,165 including all fees except tax, title, license.

Vehicle is being ordered from factory.

Opinions?
  • kmclaurinkmclaurin Member Posts: 4
    I am and it is giving me some great pricing, but I think that it is off. I priced a 2010 XC60 AWD 3.2L with no options selected. There is a button on USAA.com to See What Others Are Really Paying. It shows Sticker Price : 33,245; Factory Invoice : 31,801; True Average of what others have paid : 28,645. Pretty much across the board, no matter what options are selected the Avg Paid is 4-5,000 below invoice. I think some of the data might be faulty and they are factoring in the 4,000+ lease incentive. I'll check with a dealer tomorrow. Just looking for some accurate information with which to negotiate.
    I checked out the USAA web site when I first started looking at the XC60. I agree, the data looks to be faulty.

When I first talked to the local volvo sales manager I asked if he could compete with the USAA discount (closest dealer was in Dallas). He said he could.

Good luck and let us know what price you end up with. I'm still waiting for the local dealer to guarantee the Safe and Sound before I sign up to factory order our XC60.
  • kmclaurinkmclaurin Member Posts: 4
    It would be nice to get those USAA prices...
    I talked to a couple of dealerships and think I can get one for about $3,000 below invoice. $2,000 dealer cash, $500 Volvo, and $500 from Costco. Just sold my Explorer today so I'll be making a decision soon. Considering the XC60 or a Ford Edge. No comparison between the quality of the interiors, but I like the exterior of the Edge more.
  • rock2000rock2000 Member Posts: 3
    Mikey38 - where is the $2000 dealer cash coming from? I didn't see that on Volvo or any dealership's website. Must be something locally offered. Talked to a dealer here in NJ, they only have the $500 cash to dealer rebate.
  • desmonsmdesmonsm Member Posts: 48
    Going thru the Costco program, looks like we can get a 2010 3.2 w/Premium Package for $4,500 below invoice ($500 cash to dealer marketing and $4k manufacturer to customer alternative lease assistance). We would need to lease to get the $4k - is this a good deal, or are people able to get this far below invoice on their own by purchasing the vehicle outright?
    It looks like the invoice on this vehicle would be $32,899. $28,399 (+TTL) after the discounts. Good deal?
    Going through Costco, you also get a $500 Costco cash card for completing a dealer survey after the purchase, as well as Volvo's Safe and Sound Program which sounds really good and is easily worth $2k.
  • orgphiorgphi Member Posts: 2
    Looking at the Costco program as well. It is not a lease as I understand it. It is employee pricing less $500 and a $500 Costco card. This looks like it amounts to about a $3,500 savings off MSRP. MSRP for a 2010 3.2 AWD with lots of options was $40,750 and they quoted just over $37k. With the safe + sound, this looks like a good deal compared to the other cars in class. I was wondering as well if a better deal could be achieved.

Here is the language:

Purchase a Volvo XC60, XC70 or XC90 between November 3, 2009, and January 4, 2010, to receive:

Volvo employee pricing for the XC60
    $500 off Volvo employee pricing for the XC70 and XC90
    All available customer rebates and dealer incentives
    Plus, receive a $500 Costco Cash Card for completing a Costco Auto Program Survey after your purchase.
    The $4k is manufacturer to customer cash. I found out about it on Edmunds TMV. Here's the language:

Alternative Lease Assistance cash is available to customers who lease a 2010 XC60 Not equipped with optional All Wheel Drive through a third-party institution and not with Volvo Car Finance lease.

Here's the link. Just pick your options, then click on the link on the middle of the screen in orange for available incentives.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2010/volvo/xc60/101174519/optionsresults.html?action=- 2#
  • yurkoyurko Member Posts: 24
    I live in southwest Florida and am in the market for a new 2010 Volvo XC60 through the special COSTCO promotion. I have a 2004 Honda Pilot EX-L, which I'd like to trade in (rather than sell on my own). It has never been in an accident, is in very good condition, has new tires and several dealer-installed options, and only has 43,000 miles on it. NADA pegs its trade-in value at $13,875 and KBB at $13,300 (with retail value close to $17K). The Volvo dealers in Bonita Springs and Ft. Myers are only offering me around $10,000 for it. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A VOLVO DEALER IN FLORIDA THAT GIVES YOU FAIR ALLOWANCE FOR YOUR TRADE-IN? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • tallyallytallyally Member Posts: 2
    Well, I just ordered my XC60 from the factory last week. The estimated delivery date is 2/17/10. The dealer said that he could not lock in any of the lease cash incentive or the safe and sound until the car is actually confirmed as being built. Does anybody know if US Bank/Volvo intend to end the lease cash incentive any time soon? It doesn't make sense to since they didn't make enough cars to sell!
    We were at our local Volvo dealer yesterday, about to pull the trigger on a 3.2L w/premium package only at $500 below invoice through Costco. What caused us pause was that we would be having the vehicle built and it wouldn't be delived until the first of March. No big deal there, it gives me some time to sell my 2004 Accord EX-L. The issue is that the salesperson couldn't guarantee us anything (Safe and Sound, $4k lease assistance, etc.) until the vehicle was built, like tallvally mentioned. This kind of scared us off. The reason we're more interested right now in the XC60 vs. an Acura RDX was because of the Safe and Sound program and it's value.
    We were thinking of doing a lease to get the additional $4k off, but we've never done a lease before and really know nothing about it. The GM told us that beginning in December or January, Volvo will totally be out of the finance game. I'm wondering if the $4k will still be around then too?
    What kind of information could you offer me on leases? What to look for, etc.?
    TIA
  • emmagemmag Member Posts: 5
    FYI, I ordered my XC60 from the factory on August 24. Dealer told me average delivery time is 60-90 days. Approaching 90 days, I got an email from the dealer saying the plant closed for 2 months. Now I'm hearing that they are low on parts and my estimated delivery date is mid-January. 150 days.
    We finaly got our XC60 in the factory build list today. The sales manager say the arrival date should be available on Friday. Safe and Sound is guarenteed and we have already agreed on a sales price. This is on a purchase, not a lease.
  • hollywood53hollywood53 Member Posts: 44
    The are many things happening in the world of Volvo, for those of you worrying about the incentives and lease rates here is what is happening. Effective Dec 1st 2010 US Bank is becoming the captive finance company for Volvo Cars NA. All cash incentives and what is known as alternative lease cash(that is what the manufacturer gives the dealers to lower lease payments thru independent banks)is going away. They will now be giving that money to the captive company to lower payments, residuals WILL go up to at least what is known as ALG, higher residuals lower payments, that are guranteed by the factory so no exposure to the captive finance company. There will be special finance rates sponsored once again by VCNA. This I cant say for sure but I believe that if you speak to local dealer after the first of Dec you may be able to lock in the rates this remain to be seen.

This info is accurate, I am a retired General Manager who is still in the loop and also a person who is in the market for 2 cars and is awaiting the numbers which will be lower next week.

There is currently a tremedous shortage of xc60 nationwide, when the car first came out it bombed due to no programs and was not selling, Volvo switched production to other parts of the world and none were being brought in to the US, the car finally caught on with lower prices but there was no inventory,suppplies are and will remain in very tight supply until early march 2010 so expect to pay more than you should if are looking for a car in stock
  • iputtyiputty Member Posts: 16
    My wife and I are looking for a small SUV and based on the XC60 incentives, decided to look very closely at it. We went to a dealer yesterday, and when they had one in stock that we liked, thought of taking one home.

They're offering $5250 off of invoice ($4750 for AWD lease plus $500, with an additional later $500 Costco card) which is outstanding. But the .41 residual after 36 months and 12k/year combined with a .00224 mf makes the payments ridiculously high. After trying to negotiate, it looks like they won't budge. It completely eliminates the incentives and personally I find it insulting. They keep talking about the incentives but they're just taking it back on the other end. 18 months ago I got an Infiniti G35x at 5k under MSRP with a .60 residual and .00150 mf with 15k/year for 36 months.

Is this really the best that Volvo can offer? What am I missing here?
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    hollywood53, your statement had me thinking for the whole day. I would love to see MFs going down and residuals going up. Right now those residuals are horrible and leasing a Volvo is barely an option.

Do you have a link were I can see the ALG residuals for the XC90?

I do see it as a 3 star on their site, and current residuals will put int under 1 star: https://www.alg.com/DepreciationRatings

I remember when in 06 an XC90 was 5-star.

Thanks
  • wifeluvsvolvowifeluvsvolvo Member Posts: 1
    Appreciate the insight hollywood...our dealer in upstate New York was talking about this and told us "they were unsure of what will happen once US Bank basically takes over". Not sure if I believe them and it is just a sales tatic to buy now! They seem to be pretty straight forward and not playing any games however.

Anyways, your (or anyones) insight on this please...we are looking to purchase and were actually thinking of using this current lease incentive program coulped with the terrible lease residual (but good for purchase residual) as follows...3 year lease coupled with a 2 year purchase loan at the end (5 year total) in lieu of "buying" with a 5 year note (at about 5.5%). By going the lease and then buy route we are coming out approx. 4-5k ahead....Seems like a no brainer...

To balance this out on the new program, I figure we would need "real good" financing...say 1.9% for 60 mos. Are these types of rates in the cards?? If not, losing the lease assistance, lowering the monthly payments and raising the residual (that we will eventually finance) actually will hurt our deal.

Any thoughts would be helpful (this is actually for an XC90 not a 60, I saw your post over in the 90 posts) Hope this wasn't presented to confusingly!!
    I will call VCNA today to see if I can get any details and will get back to you by mid afternoon so that you can make an intelligent decision, I think that because you want to buy at the end instead of a straight lease the program that is ending today may be better for you. send me your email to somethingnew53 @ yahoo, tell me the dealer I was a genaral manager for Volvo 30 + years and know every dealer in the tristate area, maybe I can help you with your purchase/lease?
    The residuals will be going up tommorrow, the current programs will end today, all that alternative lease assistance the volvo is giving the dealers to give to the bank will now be given to US bank directly (resulting in lower money factors )being that they will be the captive finance company for volvo replacing volvo finance north america, that company is being dismantled by ford which owns both volvo and the finance company and it is no secret that ford is selling volvo which will probably take place by the end of the first quarter to Geely from China
  • iwantmyxc60iwantmyxc60 Member Posts: 2
    so, it looks like due to volvo taking so long to deliver my xc60 i will miss the alternative lease offer that I was counting on getting. I ordered my car beginning of August and found out today that the ship that my car is on just left Southampton England and is scheduled to arrive at its next stop, Baltimore, on 12/11....
    I will pick up the car before year end if I am lucky...
    Do you have any idea if i can ask/make volvo to guarantee the sale deal that was avail when i ordered to car? There was n o official lock in since i expected to get the car in October....Right now i get $1000 off invoice but that $4000k for alternative lease would help since i was planning to buy the car after lease end.
    Whoohooo....delivery date is supposed to be Feb 26th XC60 3.2, AWD, Climate, Convienence and Premium packages plus wood inlays, cargo matt and exterior styling kit. $41,665 sticker $39,165 purchase price including all fees except TTL
  • moreymorey Member Posts: 7
    Volvo XC 90 Metallic paint , climate, blind spot indicator, multimedia package, running boards, rear view camera, total used for lease calculation--43305
    Trade in - $5500
    Cash $3200
    Monthly payment--$538--48 month lease-$15k/year
    Buy out 16135
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,742
    Can't tell here.... this is the XC 60 forum!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator