Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Comments

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Maybe crank up some tunes and see how well the sound system drowns out the road noise for a portion of the video.
    Don't forget Rosen Hyundai in Algonquin. I bought a Mazda from Rosen in Lake Villa and they were very competitive. Wilkins Mazda in the Oak Brook area now also has a Hyundai dealership and they used to be super competitive on Mazdas. Just a thought.
  • jsmit86jsmit86 Member Posts: 116
    I had quotes from Wilkins, Ettleson, and Gartner. All were around 26,400 for Limited with Nav, Mats and iPod cable.

Elgin matched the internet quotes. Rosen was unwilling to discount Limited w Nav.
    (Somewhat understandable due to supply) I had already bought a 2009 Sonata for my Son last summer.

Elgin was trying to get a dealer trade to get me a car immediately, but unless they have one with NAV, no dealers are giving them up. They have been good for service, and pleasant to deal with.
    I know they changed management or ownership a while back.

I should get mine within a few weeks. They have my trade-in, and I have their loaner until my car arrives. (No big deal... I can wait... a little :P ) They had their Zone rep in today, and they have 2 coming in, I should get the first one.
    They expect to have a VIN next week.
  • ramkatramkat Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2010
    pcgeek86 or anyone driving a Limited. I know the volume of the trunk is 16.4 cu_ft.
    My question is how does that translate to practical usage.
    For example, if I would try to load 3 large size suitcases (12" x 26" x 18") in the trunk will I be able to make the suitcases stand side by side on their long sides.

My one concern for example is the sub-woofer in the rear window shelf - does that take up any space into the trunk?

The major dimensions that I am looking at are practical inside height, inside depth to the backseat on the trunk floor and at a height of say 18 inches off the floor, width between the hinges, total inside width.

What triggered me to ask these questions is that I recently rented a compact car in Spain (AUDI A3) and could easily fit our 3 larger large suitcases in the trunk -
    there was not much space left but all three fit. Going into France for the second half of the vacation I had to switch cars and I got a mid size Citroen C5. Now on paper the Citroen supposedly has a larger trunk, (15.4 cu ft vs 12.4 cu ft) but only two of the 3 suitcases could fit in the awkwardly shaped trunk.
    I had to make the suitcases lay flat and although there was lots of space left around the two cases, the 3rd suitcase had to go on the back seat - fortunately there were only 3 of us so it did not bother too much. I am just trying to check if the trunk of the Sonata is as practical as that of the A3 or a just huge volume which can only fit a lot of duffel bags like that of the C5.

Any inputs will be much appreciated.
  • busterbritbusterbrit Member Posts: 27
    I just brought home my 2011 Sonata limited, silver, grey interior. I love it. The only think I don't like is the sets are on the stiff side. Hopefully these will soften over time.

We got an amazing deal. Did the idea of emailing all the fleet managers in the area that we will be buying the car in the next two days. Most came in around 24,500. But one came in at 23,600. We also did the cars.overstock.com and that came in at 23,467.

So we ended up getting this for 1,300 below invoice. Smoking deal.

Got it at Hardin in Anaheim Calif.

Thanks for all your help with this decision.
  • russ67russ67 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, guys

Took delivery of a silver/gray limited on Wednesday. Sticker was 26150, sales price 24490 with a 500 loyalty coupon. Did a 36 month lease with 15k miles per year, zero down and $375 a month taxes and fees included. (thanks pegasus, for the link to the leasing 101 site, the deal started at 500 down and 439 a month)
    Bit of bad luck on the way to work at 5:30 this morning, and blew out the right rear tire. Don't know what caused it, but the dealership is talking about buying me a new tire. That would be nice of them, considering road hazards are not part of the car warranty. Anyway, I love the car, the looks, the ride, the interior maybe most of all. The only thing I don't like is the noise. I agree that Trevor's videos amplify the noise, and especially vibration greatly, but I also truly think that the car has A LOT of room for improvement in noise reduction. Wind noise is a little high, but tire noise to me seems uncomfortably loud. I don't recall it being that loud on the test drive, but I may have not been paying that much attention to noise at the time... I went in wanting to like the car. Does anyone here know of any variables that I may be able to get checked at the dealer to reduce noise?? Syitalian, you describe your SE as actually a very quiet car, and mine is not close to very quiet. It's pretty much the only flaw I see (or rather, hear)
    Any thoughts??

Russ
  • drkyedrkye Member Posts: 5
    Did your Limited have Nav or any other options??
  • mikemartinmikemartin Member Posts: 205
    Hi, guys

Took delivery of a silver/gray limited on Wednesday. Sticker was 26150, sales price 24490 with a 500 loyalty coupon. Did a 36 month lease with 15k miles per year, zero down and $375 a month taxes and fees included. (thanks pegasus, for the link to the leasing 101 site, the deal started at 500 down and 439 a month)
    Bit of bad luck on the way to work at 5:30 this morning, and blew out the right rear tire. Don't know what caused it, but the dealership is talking about buying me a new tire. That would be nice of them, considering road hazards are not part of the car warranty. Anyway, I love the car, the looks, the ride, the interior maybe most of all. The only thing I don't like is the noise. I agree that Trevor's videos amplify the noise, and especially vibration greatly, but I also truly think that the car has A LOT of room for improvement in noise reduction. Wind noise is a little high, but tire noise to me seems uncomfortably loud. I don't recall it being that loud on the test drive, but I may have not been paying that much attention to noise at the time... I went in wanting to like the car. Does anyone here know of any variables that I may be able to get checked at the dealer to reduce noise?? Syitalian, you describe your SE as actually a very quiet car, and mine is not close to very quiet. It's pretty much the only flaw I see (or rather, hear)
    Any thoughts??

Russ

Russ, I have raised the issue of noise and ride harshness as my two objections to the 2011 Sonata, and some people here literally jumped all over me.

I've said I like the dash, the seats (especially the leather bolstered seats), the content, the fuel economy the value and even the paint colors.

But then I mentioned the road/engine noise and ride harshness, and received a few constructive responses (like from Trevor) but mostly defensive, angry responses.

I value a nice, quiet ride, which the 2010 Sonata definitely had, but it seems like Hyundai did a 180 with the new Sonata. It's a lot less Camry now and much louder and stiffer.
  • johnc88johnc88 Member Posts: 2
    I bought my 2011 Sonata GLS from Curtis at Hardin a few weeks ago. It was a very good experience. Congrats on your purchase. :)
  • carbuntcarbunt Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2010
    I don't know whether anyone has heard any additional details about the upcoming Sonata turbo but according to a news article I had come across in the Automotive News, the expected horsepower will be around 255-260.

I realize those numbers maybe speculative but at the official Sonata ride and drive launch John Krafcik did indicate that the turbo would be north of 250 horsepower. Since the New York show is on the horizon, we will probably learn more as well as get full details on the upcoming hybrid.

I think for Hyundai, 2010 will be a signature year. I like the direction they are headed and the smart moves they are making.
  • syitalian25syitalian25 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2010
    I am not one to be easily bothered by road or wind noise, but the noise level on the highway has been pretty quiet, especially with the windows rolled up. Maybe some of the other cars in the class are quieter, but that is because all 2010+ midsize sedans are generally pretty quiet. I would say that it is quieter than cars like the Mazda6 or Accord (from what I've heard) but not as quiet as the Malibu (thanks to 300 lbs. more weight and a waterbed-like suspension on that car).

When I first got the car I noticed it being a bit louder, then I adjusted the tires (the dealer had 2 of them at only 25!!) so I set them all to about 34. After a few hundred miles it seemed to quiet down to a very reasonable level. If that doesn't help or makes it worse, try setting them down to 30 or so and see if that smooths things out a bit. Having the base stereo at only 5 or 6 (out of 35) on the highway easily drowns out any outside noise. The wind noise especially seems pretty quiet - today I drove with the windows half down at nearly 80 and it wasn't nearly as loud as in my previous 2004 Sonata, it was actually reasonable.

The first day I got the car I got run off a twisty mountain road by a truck and blew both tires on the right side. Had to get it towed and stored at the dealer overnight - long story short, I paid $560 for two new similar tires (not the same as they would take a week to be ordered and leave me with no car in the mean time). I didn't feel like the pavement I hit was rough enough to do any damage, but apparently it was. Since you say you had a blowout also, I wonder if this is a weakness of the stock tires? Although the SE and Limited have different tires so I doubt it is related, just a thought.
    I am going to the NY Auto Show on 4/3, I will find out details about the turbo/hybrid and post them on here.
  • the_pillthe_pill Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2010
    I think its fair to say that the turbo will give the Sonata more punch and make it much more competitive with existing V6s in its class. More importantly, due to the weight saving characteristics of the 4 cylinder turbo power plant, the fuel economy range should be right up there with the current non-turbo version.

I have read some banter regarding the durability of turbos in general but based on the tech that Hyundai will be using in the design of their turbo, it is said that they are using proven technologies which incorporates quality, durable components. I know that the Hybrid was developed in conjunction with LG Chemical, the South Korean company that has worked closely with Hyundai in the breakthrough development of flexible lithium ion polymer batteries.

These batteries are lighter, more durable and are said to cost much less than the current battery technology employed by competitors like Toyota, Nissan and Honda.

Some rumored mileage on the upcoming hybrid has it around 33 City and 48 Highway. The pricing should be competitive if not aggressive to gain inroads into established competitors such as Toyota's Camry and Ford's Fusion.

I think we will see a true Prius challenger upcoming soon in 2012 though I suspect it will offer even higher than expected mpg. I have read about the results from test of the last generation Tucson mules achieving fuel economy in the range of 50-60 mpg. I think based on these test mules Hyundai will be more than capable of building a very good foundation for its upcoming Hybrids.

Toyota and current competitors in this space should be very afraid!
  • busterbritbusterbrit Member Posts: 27
    MSRP would be much more than 26,140 ish if it had nav. It was the limited with ipod cable and floor mats. Nothing else extra which I believe would just be the wheel locks and nav.
  • 8babies1dog8babies1dog Member Posts: 122
    this is only a point of view, it will not change what is going on with the
    2011 "by the way" i think is a nice car. Maybe you read some peoples
    comments on comparing the 2011 to the 09/10 Sonata. This is my
    opinion, I bought a new SE V6 late last year. We have about 15,000K
    on it so I really got the feel of it. Several times I have gone back and
    try the new 2011, GLS, but mostly the SE. I was going to buy my
    wife a new one and keep the other one for me. Sorry to say though,
    it looks good, but it does not at all feel like this SE V-6. We got a
    left over 2010 new for$16,500. OTD. Jumped on it quickly!! IMHO i
    don't know what I will do when we want another car, the Azera
    probably will be gone. Now people this is my opinion also I may
    get the I-4 for my wife, never for me, period.
    edited March 2010
    They both have pros and cons, the 2010 SE V6 was a very nice car and it sounds like you got an excellent deal so why not. But the 2011 handles better, is much faster than the 2010 I4 especially, and has even more features. The 2010 SE V6 does not compare to the cars that are out now, that is left for the 4 cylinder versions. But since 0-60 is in the mid 7's with only 200 HP, I bet an extra 60 HP with almost no weight gain is going to make this thing FAST - like 6 seconds fast. Test drive a turbocharged SE when they come out and see how you like that. I have never owned anything but V6's before because they were too slow and underpowered, but even the regular SE has changed my opinion. It's not the supple, Camry-like riding sedan that the Sonata used to be, but that is a good thing. The previous car was floaty with relatively poor handling, the new car is more like an upgraded, better looking Altima.
    Re :" Some rumored mileage on the upcoming hybrid has it around 33 City and 48 Highway. "

I think that's unlikely because Hybrids get their advantage in City driving. Fusion for example is 41 City 36 Highway. My guess is that we may see the City number approach the 40's, but the Highway will probably be similar to the current numbers.
    Still in all, it will be an improvement. ;)
  • jaimzjaimz Member Posts: 15
    Hi everyone. I've been lurking for months, and I've finally decided to come out of the closet. I'm a Hyundai 2011 Sonata owner, Lmtd. And I'm proud of it.
    I totalled my troubled 07 Corolla on the freeway, and was blessed to escape without injury. On the good side, I came away free and clear plus $1,500 after the insurance paid off the car, and me. So, I bought the Sonata. I was going to trade the Corolla later on this Spring or early Summer. In any event, it's time to share my experiences.

First thing I'd like to address is the gas mileage. I drive a mix of city (70%) and freeway (30%). I've only filled up once since receiving the car, so the data is based on limited experience. But, so far, I'm getting 32.1 as I'm getting nearing the end of my first tank and 1,000 miles.
    I love it.
  • longhaullonghaul Member Posts: 17
    SE owner here -- Had the car a couple weeks now and want to weigh in on the noise level.

I DO find the car noisy. I'm coming from a mini-van, so it is quieter than what I am coming from, but going from a mini-van to a sedan I did expect a quieter ride.

We test drove the SE & the Ltd. I thought the Ltd was quieter -- I'm just an average driver & no car expect - I chalked it up to the tire size.
  • midas69midas69 Member Posts: 118
    It's partly tire size, but also the tires themselves. They equipped these cars with low rolling resistance tires to get better gas mileage. But this type of tire is noisy regardless of the manufacturer. Like everything else in life, it's a trade off.

And some times it's the surface itself that just has a resonance to it that doesn't mesh with your car. There is a road I drove on almost every week to go shopping. In my last car the road never bothered me. The first time I went there in my Sonata I thought it had a bad wheel bearing.

But at the same time there is an expressway in the area that the pavement would make a constant, very loud, humming noise in my Camry that is dead quiet in the Sonata. Nobody is every going to try to say the Sonata is quieter than the Camry, but on this particular road it sure is.
    Re: Sonata owner, Lmtd. And I'm proud of it.
    I totaled my troubled 07 Corolla on the freeway, and was blessed to escape without injury.

Was your Corolla incident related to the recent throttle woes? My Daughter is trying to dump her Corolla after a couple of harrowing incidents with no help from the dealer.
  • 8babies1dog8babies1dog Member Posts: 122
    again it's an opinion thing, I take it you have a 09/10 se w/ V6 or how could
    you compare it. I'm not talking about silly little trinkets that are added to
    newer cars just to keep up with Joneses. Things like XM radio, navigation,
    Blue tooth, heated seats and what ever else other people think they need.
    I would rather not have to worry if that junk keeps working or not, to each
    his own you know. The HP output on the turbo you mentioned is just a
    speculation, as is your 0-60 prediction, until it's here who cares. Just as
    a thought I know what I have w/ the 3.3L 2 49 hp v-6 and the mpg rating.
    not on ly the rating but actual. What will that be for the real world mpg on
    I 4 and the "NEW" I 4 turbo, speculation again. If this is the first turbo in
    this engine configuration, all I say is, good luck! thanks f/ listening
  • longhaullonghaul Member Posts: 17
    I drive over a steel deck truss bridge twice a day. I have to hold the steering wheel very steady on this iron span. Any recommendations to make the drive on this easier?
    Wow, I can't believe another person had a blowout immediately after getting the car. I hate to hear that. When I get my tire replaced on Tuesday, I'll check the pressure and hope that an adjustment does the trick. Thanks for the tip
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    jaimz: 32 mpg with 70% city!!! wow+++ Is that for real?

In my 08 Accord I get about 24 mpg with c. 70% city.

Is a Sonata really likely to get 8 mpg higher....?!

Could be my next car....
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    Well, I may be off on the percentages...it may be more like 60/40 or, in worst case scenario, 50/50.

But, I'm also a super conservative driver.
    1. I go 60mph on the freeway.
    2. I purposely take routes that have fewer stop signs and traffic lights.
    3. I don't hurry to red lights.
    4. I'm really soft on the gas pedal.

One more thing, I use my cruise control A LOT!!! It really does an excellent job in saving wasted pedal usage, I find. Let the computer do the work.

I can honestly say that my driving has become more efficient since getting the Sonata because the real-time mpg read-out and calculator. They keep me honest.

I was getting about 27 or 28 mpg with the Corrola at best.
    No, my Corrola was an 07, not on the recall list. The accident was my mistake; going to fast and not paying attention.

Since getting the Sonata, I'm a new driver: slower, more careful and patient. It's amazing what a new car will do to you, especially with a lot of pride in ownership.

Whoever said you shouldn't buy a model redesign in the first year or few months....go jump in a creek! I'm glad I bought this Sonata now, instead of waiting. It's all good.
    Glad to hear that you are O.K.
    Can't wait for my new Sonata Limited to arrive. :D
    edited March 2010
    I typed "2011 Hyundai Sonata Road Noise" and here are the first page's worth of reviews about road noise.

InsideLine.com - Direct-injected fours are notoriously vocal, and this one is no exception. Dip into the throttle and the smooth four moves the Sonata with authority while delivering prominent engine noise. It's something you only notice when you give it the boot, as the Sonata is otherwise a remarkably quiet car

Marketwatch- At speed, the Sonata is a very quiet ride for its price range, with moderate road noise coming through on a rather rough concrete freeway surface. The ride is neither too hard nor too soft for this type of car with good feedback through the wheel. That was especially helpful through the many hairpin turns down the Cuyamaca Mountains.

AOL Autos - While the 4-cylinder's power didn't let us down, some of its road noise coming up to speed did give us pause. As you'd expect from a four-cylinder engine carrying around a one-and-a-half-ton automobile, you pick up a slight buzzing sound. In contrast to the smoothest V-6 engines of the segment (the Honda Accord and Ford Fusion are our favorites for V-6s), any 4-cylinder will let you know it's hard at work. In contrast to the other 4-cylinders we've driven within this group, it's quiet. In fact, what we picked up wasn't even audible to our co-driver. This is something to keep in mind if you're truly looking for the tradeoffs associated with opting out of the V-6.

Ride and handling in the new Sonata is very good. One car in this segment that never gets enough accolades is the Mazda 6 sedan and we found ourselves comparing this Sonata to that car throughout the day. This is high praise for Hyundai. While steering response isn't quite as quick as the Mazda, it's still better than most of what you'll find at this price (or a good deal more). Hyundai's trim lines give buyers the opportunity to choose a more robust suspension package (the "SE" model) that further proves out the experience.

Post Gazette - The Sonata rides very well, though, with a light touch to its damping, lower road noise, and on SE versions, monotube shocks that seem to snuff out body roll without costing the Sonata too much compliance. Also - this is a new review - http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10067/1041138-185.stm

Consumer Auto Guide -
    On roads in southern California, Sonata demonstrated a good balance of comfort and control. Bumps were taken in stride with no hint of harshness. We noticed little difference in ride quality between the GLS model's 16-inch tires, and the 18-inch rubber on SE. Sonata is a competent and confident midsize sedan in every day driving. Slightly more aggressive moves on twisting roads are handled with little drama. Braking is strong with good pedal feel. Wind-noise suppression is good. The 4-cylinder engine isn't quite as refined as the best in this class, but it is generally smooth and quiets down nicely at cruise. The 16-inch tires on the GLS are noticeably quieter than the more aggressive rubber on the SE.

Autoblog - Power delivery of the 200-hp four is smooth, but the engine sang in a typical four-pot key (read: not so pleasant). The low rolling resistance tires did make a bit of a racket, but it was only evident because wind noise is surprisingly low, even on the highway.

• smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    edited March 2010
    really nice pics man!!! well done! the Malibu and Camry are bland, blah, and boring compared to the new Sonata; seeing a Malibu next to the Sonata just confirmed it for me again!
  • slackermanslackerman Member Posts: 43
    Just made a 200 mile trip with my 2011 Sonata GLS automatic. I averaged 37.4 mpg on rolling Georgia back roads. That means long periods of 55 mph, lowered to 45 near towns, then 35, and finally 25 by the speed trap. Average speed was 48 mph. There was a brief period of interstate driving where the gas pedal was put to good use. 80 comes very quickly. The Sonata is not a sports car, but it can move!

My family of four was comfortable, even those in the back seat, although I wouldn't mind a lumbar support for the driver. The trunk has plenty of room.

The only annoying items are the cruise control and the speedometer. The +/- on the cruise doesn't seem to make a difference. Holding the buttons down has an impact, but most other manufacturers only require a single press. It was the same on the 2010. A bigger problem is the speedometer. It goes to 160 mph, which is useless; 120 would be more than enough. Lowering the top value would give more room to increase display speeds between 0 and 60, where most driving is done. A feature which would be helpful near the 25 mph speed traps.
    There is a small lumbar support button on the left side of the seat bottom towards the back seat. In my 2004 Sonata V6 I got to 133 mph (yes I was crazier then) but I guess they want the speeds there in case some idiot wants to max it out. Plus if it only goes to 120 I think people would get the impression that it is slower, although obviously this is not related. The Malibu, Accord, and I'm sure most others also go to 160.
    From 1979 to 1981 speedometers in the U.S. could only have a maximum of 85 MPH.
    I sure did pin a few of those! :blush:
  • dpbuffalodpbuffalo Member Posts: 4
    I would like to get a 2001 Hyundai Sonata LTD
    I am interested in leasing but not sure if the cost is punitive...in my case i have driven on average 1800+ miles a month, so figure 22,000 miles a year

At this high mileage rate is it foolish to lease...should i be buying?

How much extra should i expect to be charged for the mileage?

is it as easy as multiplying the 15 or 20 cent overage I see written in the fine print of the lease adds for the standard 12,000 mile a year leases?

thanks everyone

i currently drive a 2006 Volvo V70 Wagon...nice car....but may be handing that down to young driver...and i finally get to drive a "car"

dan
    buffalo
    You see, the first two reviews are the types that make me wonder if my tire noise is just me, or just my car compared to the bulk of the new Sonatas... they used the words very quiet and remarkably quiet. I would like to be able to characterize my car as just quiet. My wife took the car today, and I took our '93 GMC Jimmy. To me, the tire noise seemed much less in this 17 year old vehicle. (engine noise and wind noise were both much, much worse however, along with assorted rattles and squeaks. I'm still hoping that changing tire pressure fixes what ails me!
  • napsfannapsfan Member Posts: 23
    Dan,

Your note says you'd like to get a 2001 Sonata LTD, but let's just assume that's a typo and you are really talking about a 2011. My situation is similar to yours in terms of miles/year. I leased my last vehicle and frankly regretted it. I ended up purhasing my new Sontata Limited.

If you're driving 22,000 miles per year, then you're actually paying an extra $100 or so each month (depending on the lease specifics). So at the end of a 3-year lease, you'll be asked to shell out nearly $4,000 when you return the vehicle. Unless of course you seel it yourself rather than turn it back in, in which case you might get lucky and come out not quite so much in the hole. But that's a gamble, leasing now under the assumption you'll be able to "over-sell" the car down the road.

So what I concluded for myself anyway -- Since I'm putting so many miles on the car, it just made more sense to purchase it (with a longer finance period) and plan on keeping the car for a while. I love the Sonata LTD so I'm not looking to trade it back in anytime soon. And with the Hyundai warranty, I think keeping it around should be fine.

One last note -- I did end up buying their "gap warranty" or whatever it's called, to extend the portions of the warranty that were 5 year / 60,000 miles to be 5 year / 100,000 miles. Essentially made it a true 5-year warranty (otherwise would have actually been a 3-year warranty, given the miles). Something you may want to consider if you end up purchasing with intent to keep around. Cost $995 or something.

Good luck.
    Holding the buttons down has an impact, but most other manufacturers only require a single press.

Do you mean to initially set your speed or to slowly speed up or slow down using the +/- buttons while the cruise is on? The cruise on all three of my vehicles you have to hold the + down continiously to get the speed to creep up. Slowing down is faster(physics) but still have to hold down to keep slowing down. Just curious.
  • denp3denp3 Member Posts: 99
    I am the owner of a V6 06 Sonata LX. I am thinking about purchasing a 2011 Limited. My biggest concern is if I will be disappointed with the I4. Any owners of the 06 having bought the 2011 have any comments. I would appreciate your opinions.
  • raydahsraydahs Member Posts: 449
    I did a search here and didn't find anything, plus I've yet to see any reviews that mention anything regarding the seat cushion being too short. But for me, the edge of the cushion comes up roughly 3" behind my knees (I'm 5'11" 190 lbs with a long torso).

I drove the SE, then the Limited back to back yesterday. I really didn't notice it until I got into the Limited, with the firm leather. To my surprise, I couldn't find a sweet spot. So I went back to the SE and with the softer fabric and found a spot that I could live with.

Another thing that surprised me was the ride. The roads by the dealership are rough in some areas. My guess is the firmness of the leather made it seem harsh in the tush (could be over inflated tire as well..really don't know). So I guess it's going to be the SE for us, unfortunately they're in limited supply and the sales guy wasn't too happy to hear all I was willing to pay was (MSRP) $23,400 OTD! So it looks like a long wait for us :cry:

Another question...does the SE have an outside temperature cage, or is that combined with the NAV? I couldn't find it in the brochure or online.
    Yes, the outside temperature gauge is next to the clock.
  • swingmanswingman Member Posts: 54
    On my civic, it's just a button press to change cruise control speed. I know I've used cruise control on a couple other cars and all have been a button press. Never had a car that I had to hold down the button to get it to change.

I think I'd prefer a button press to a button hold but I guess as long as I know what I need to do then it's not a big issue.
    In reply to :
    I am the owner of a V6 06 Sonata LX. I am thinking about purchasing a 2011 Limited. My biggest concern is if I will be disappointed with the I4. Any owners of the 06 having bought the 2011 have any comments. I would appreciate your opinions.

I recently decided to buy a 2011 Limited with the I4. To put this in perspective, my trade-in is a 2003 Infiniti G35 w 265HP. Is the Sonata as fast as that? Of course not, BUT it is plenty quick. I am currently driving a 2010 Sonata V6 Limited as a loaner until my car arrives. It is just slightly faster,but floats more than the 2011.

I test drove the new 2011's a few times, and I was able to do a high speed acceleration merge from a rolling stop on a local highway. I was very pleasantly surprised by the power. This car is not as fast as my G35, but it is definitely faster than some of my previous V6s including a 1996 Chrysler Concord with 214 HP. I would also say it feel nearly as quick as my '99 300M that had 253HP.

Before making my final decision, I was close to purchasing a new G37 or an M35. I actually went to the Infiniti dealer with title in hand, ready to purchase the M35, which had a great price. That dealer low balled me my 3K on my trade after assuring me on the phone that they would give me the deal I was looking for. :mad: They had already appraised my car at another location. I walked out due to their BS. On the way home, I passed a gas station that had just changed the price to $3.05 per gallon.

After giving it some thought, I decided that the 2011 I4 Sonata was the right choice. I will be saving over $17K, and I know that the improved fuel economy will be a nice plus.

Get behind the wheel and drive the car! I'm betting you will not miss the 6cyl that much.
    On mine a button push is all that's needed to change the speed. Each push is 1MPH. Just like every other car I've ever owned. If yours requires holding the button I'd get it looked at, something is wrong.
    I just went from a V6 Camry to the new Sonata. I'd have the same comments. Not was fast, but fast enough. It's got plenty of torque and the 6 speed always gives you a good gear to accelerate with.
    I think you misread my post.

It's m6user that has to hold the button. I said on all the cars I've had, it just requires pressing a button.
    I think you misread my post.

Yea, I know, but I was too lazy to go back to the original so just hit reply on yours.
    I have an Infiniti, a Toyota Tundra and a Mazda6. It only takes one button push to SET the speed. What I'm talking about is say you set the speed at 60 and a little later decide to move it up to 65. Instead canceling the cruise, speeding up with the throttle and then resetting the cruise, I just push the + button until the speed is 65 and then take my finger off it. It works this way on all three vehicles and always did. To reduce speed I just press the - button until I reach the speed I want it at.

I think maybe we are talking about different things. One, initial setting of the cruise control and two, adjusting the speed.
    I think we're accomplishing the same thing but just in different ways. Mine may work in 1 push, 1 mph increments. I've just never did it that way.
    Never tried to push and hold. Might work both ways on all cars.