Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Comments

• mexjohnmexjohn Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2010
    But sometimes it says:"Pairing failed". My cellphone is Nokia N96. Do you have any idea about that? Thank you!

I have not had that particular problem, and I know some phones will not pair. Did your ever work properly?
    First try this: click on setup/ enter until you get to select, and select the phone your trying to connect to. Once highlighted, click enter again to make it hunt your phone. Make sure your phone's bluetooth is set to Sonata and active.

If you have been using an earpiece bluetooth just before you get into the car, sometimes you have to go into the phone's bluetooth setting and choose Sonata again. Or, at least I've had to on occasion.

If this does not correct the problem, go through the repairing process again. Delete your phone using the setup button on the audio, delete it from your phone as well. If you want, you can use the steering wheel upper bluetooth button then. Press that button, and when prompted, say pair phone and follow the prompts, making sure to wait until the ready chime sounds before answering.

Hope you figure it out without much difficulty.
  • larry134larry134 Member Posts: 40
    1 price from shark racing $45.00. Got mine in 9 days, one problem, I have wheel well gaurds on my sonata so I decided not to install them. Any one interested in the mud guards email me at Lman007@optonline.net and I will sell them to you at less than $45.
  • schdyschdy Member Posts: 233
    What are wheel well guards and how did you get them.
  • akeiyakeiy Member Posts: 22
    Thank you very much! Actually I have done this step for one time. Now I guess I should do it again!
  • akeiyakeiy Member Posts: 22
    Thank you so so so much for your nice explanation! I will go try it!
  • keyman2keyman2 Member Posts: 78
    I almost bought a Sonata Venation Red SE ,it had Plastic wood accents all around door,looked fantastic.The dealer in Queens tryed to rip me off and I walked out.I'm going to West Islip L.I, to buy my car they seem honest.Did anyone else see this on the SE model?the dealer said it was $850 extra after he said nothing the first time I've seen it.I'm thinking of ordering this as a extra if I can get the price down. By the way I never thought the Venation Red was so beautiful!
    I have the red and I have plastic around the door edges. I believe it's standard. I bought mine from Huntington Hyundai salesman Bob Awn. Atlantic tried to rip me off on my trade-in. Quoted me $3k less for my trade than Huntington.
  • chalirebrownchalirebrown Member Posts: 38
    I just bought a pacific bluew pearl 2011 SE and the wood was not an option anyplace but the car is fantastic
  • chalirebrownchalirebrown Member Posts: 38
    I always buy a full size spare for my cars and the SE has the alloy wheels-18"-does anyone know what brand these are?thanks
  • syitalian25syitalian25 Member Posts: 303
    edited May 2010
    They are Hankook Optimo tires, 225/45-18 if I'm not mistaken on the size.
  • skoretskskoretsk Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2010
    I don't understand why they would do that, do you? Why would they take away something (like HD Radio in this case, which apparently is a nice thing to have according to the documentation) when you pay to add something like NAV? :mad:
  • shabadoo25shabadoo25 Member Posts: 232
    They're doing you a favor. HD Radio is a step above an 8-track player at this point.
    I'm curently talking to the Sales manager at Atlantic and they so far gave me a good price for the SE the wood accents dosn't come standard just the limited.Your lucky did you get a good price?
  • gob64gob64 Member Posts: 2
    While I've not had an accelerator problem (as reported in the Azera forum) I too have noted that Weathertech's product doesn't match the claims of its copious ads, specifically for holes to engage factory-equipped floor hooks. I've just had an e-mail exchange with Weathertech and it would seem they're unconcerned--even about fulfilling their advertising.

And insofar as mats being designed for your vehicle: mine don't fit that well, despite using their make/model-specific selector. What's the point of that except to give the mistaken impression that you'll have good, if not custom, coverage?

You might as well buy mats that are just as effective at Target, Walmart or Costco--and they'll be FAR FAR more economical.
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    I know they don't offer the Digital Fit for all cars; my wife's '01 Elantra only has the generic mats available but the mats for my '10 Outlander fit perfectly. They are snug and the holes line up just fine. The cargo mat is custom-shaped for the cargo area but has to be trimmed by the buyer to fit around the subwoofer if the car is so equipped (mine is). I'm not enthused about hacking up a new purchase so I've not so far given it serious thought to purchase. The second row liners are generic and I didn't buy them.

Anyway, I understand your concern and agree that they aren't for everyone. For me, though, they work and WeatherTech is only about 12 miles from my home so buying them supports the local economy.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • sbwawsbwaw Member Posts: 3
    The black leather interior in the 2011 Limited, as shown on the Hyundai website, looks very sharp. Other photos I've seen online of cars on dealer lots make the leather look more like a shade of gray than black. Can those of you who own or have seen the black interior comment on its appearance, and how close it comes to the Hyundai website shots.

Thanks.
    They are just like door edge guards except they go around the wheel wells. The color of them are radiant silver, just like my sonata. The door edge guards prevent me from nicking my doors should I open them against another car or anything solid. The wheel well guards prevent someone from nicking my whell wells when they open their doors.I would have to have the wheel well guards trimed from the bottom about 6 inches so the mud flaps would fit snugly.And if I did not like the mudflaps, to late, because the wells would not look right if flaps were removed showing a partial wheel well guard. Besides the more I think about it the car looks better without mudguards.
    I have the limited black interior on my silver sonata. The appearance , to me , is the best of all sonata interiors. I do not like two-tone interiors!! Believe me the black is very sharp!!!!
  • midas69midas69 Member Posts: 118
    There is both a black and a gray interior. The black does not look gray in any way.
  • ewg54ewg54 Member Posts: 25
    I have blk on blk and the leather is not jet black more of a charcoal but it does look good as it matches the blk seat belts that come in the car. :)
    I have the black leather and the cloth portions look more of a gray. I also agree it is the best interior.
    I have the black leather and the cloth portions look more of a gray. I also agree it is the best interior.
  • midas69midas69 Member Posts: 118

The original question was about the interior on the Limited. There is no cloth portion on the Limited. I assume yours is the SE with the leather trim.
    Yes, I forgot to specify that mine is the SE.
  • Many of us do not like the dungeon look of an all-black interior. All black interiors often fail to highlight the details. Two tone for me, please! Looks much richer than all one shade. But to each his own.
  • 04sport04sport Member Posts: 6
    THE SONATA VERSION 2011 ALREADY EXITS IN USA OR YOU MEANS 2012
    I think, as do many others, that the transitions in the two-tone from say the black steering wheel and dash elements to the camel or other colorations makes the car look cheaper and less refined.
  • skdriverskdriver Member Posts: 9
    I agree - my last 2 cars (2004 Kia Amanti & 2000 Hyundai XG 300) had black leather interiors, they looked great, but I was ready for a change.
    Since the dash, steering wheel & trim on my Venetian red Sonata are not black, but a dark brown the camel leather coordinates nicely, a refreshing change.
    I was told for the SE you get a 360 Watt stereo,6 speakers and a Subwoofer.The HD is included for 90 days with the Satillite radio.
  • tuckerdogtuckerdog Member Posts: 29
    I was told for the SE you get a 360 Watt stereo,6 speakers and a Subwoofer.The HD is included for 90 days with the Satillite radio

No HD on the SE. It's only on the Limited without the NAV option.

The XM is free for 90 days. HD is just free. I like the HD. It's one of the reasons we passed on the NAV ( along with the added cost ).

Tuckerdog1
    Do you know what exactly comes with the Nav?I was told so many stories,I'm buying the SE in 2 weeks I hope with the Nav/Sunroof,I was told it comes with a better stereo then the GLS.
    It comes with the same 360 Watt stereo that is standard in the Limited. There is no backup camera, although it seems if it's the same stereo as the Limited then why wouldn't it have HD radio?
    Ugh I love the car but that Wine red color is just horrible!!!
  • mommytmommyt Member Posts: 42
    Wait til you read this one! I purchased a 2011 sonata, had it 2 weeks, and was almost killed by my beautiful new car! No warning signs. It just whipped the steering wheel out of my hands and threw us into the other lane. I had to fight with it with all of my strength to get it back to my lane and keep it there. Thank God no cars were there, otherwise it would have been a head on collision! If I had been going any faster than 40 mph,I would not have been able to gain control in time. I am afraid of driving any kind of Hyundai! I only had a little over 300 miles on it! Though they won't admit it, they sent two Korean guys to investigate my car, red tagged (forbidden to drive) it and then red tagged 5 or 6 other 2011 sonata's on the lot, they are not going to warn anyone who already purchased one of the potential danger. I'm not saying that every one of the 2011 sonatas have the defective parts, but they can at least take a look at each of them instead of waiting for someone to wreck first! Best of luck with your new car.
  • jsmit86jsmit86 Member Posts: 116
    Wow! 8 duplicate posts in multiple topics all on the same issue! (I'm not sure that this is relevant to audio for example)

In any event, I hope that they find the issue. Please report back when you get more info. (Preferably just in this topic) ;)
  • bobadbobad Member Posts: 1,587
    It just whipped the steering wheel out of my hands and threw us into the other lane. I had to fight with it with all of my strength to get it back to my lane and keep it there

I hope you don't mind if I'm highly skeptical on this.

It's impossible for a car t steer itself (aside from self parking). Barring a broken suspension, there's just no way. If the power steering failed, it would be hard to steer, but not real hard.

Are you sure the car wasn't just hard to steer?
    How could a car be hard to steer and push you to another lane?it sounds to me as a problem that I hope they find,I'm plannibg to purchase one of these cars soon.
  • tuckerdogtuckerdog Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2010
    It comes with the same 360 Watt stereo that is standard in the Limited. There is no backup camera, although it seems if it's the same stereo as the Limited then why wouldn't it have HD radio?

It does. I was mistaken. Sorry

But in the SE, to get that option, you have to buy the NAV upgrade. The CD player is a single disk player, instead of the 6 disk changer that's in the Limited. Probably not an issue with most folks.

Tuckerdog1
    Does anyone else have or had Steering problems that ntook over and thru you to another lane?
    No, that's clearly an utter fairy tale. It seems like other manufacturers are getting really desperate to derail Sonata sales.

And for the record, the Infinity system in the LTDs are 400 watt. The Dimension non-nav stereos are the 360 watt models.
  • jsmit86jsmit86 Member Posts: 116
    edited May 2010
    Mommyt -

Quote... "Though they won't admit it, they sent two Korean guys to investigate my car, red tagged (forbidden to drive) it and then red tagged 5 or 6 other 2011 sonata's on the lot, they are not going to warn anyone who already purchased one of the potential danger."

Thats hard to fathom... Why would Hyundai not admit that they investigated your issue? In today's post Toyota world, any cover-up would be the kiss of death.

Did you notify NHTSA?
    Would you care to post more details about the "other 5 or 6 cars"? What did they have in common with your vehicle that was not present on other Sonata's in stock?

What are you driving now?

If this allegation is accurate, we should expect to see notice of a recall soon, and Hyundai certainly will notify the consumers who are impacted.
  • ewg54ewg54 Member Posts: 25
    Isn't the Sonata made in Alabama. so why send two Korean guys :confuse:
    Sounds fishy ;)
  • 2011limited2011limited Member Posts: 30
    I am sure 'mommyt' is a paid for hack from another manufacturer.

Posted the same 'story' EVERYWHERE.

This crap should be ERASED
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    I think that guy was smoking something. First of all, the Sonata has electric steering and if it failed, you would lose the ability to steer the vehicle. Unless he was going around a turn, there is no way he should have been thrown into the other lane.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    If the power steering failed, even with EPS, you would NOT lose the ability to steer the vehicle.
  • hmma007hmma007 Member Posts: 19
    Nice story. I can assure you Hyundai would not have sent "two Koreans" to investigate an issue like this. If "two Koreans" were involved in the investigation it would not have been in your driveway or at the dealership.
    I called my Hyundai rep today and they no nothing about this. Could you please post the Vin number of your Sonata so I can give them more info. What dealer is your car at? Any info would be helpful.
    I have the wine interior, and believe me, it looks a lot better than it did in the video, as does the car itself. This car just does not photograph well for some reason. Everything about it looks better in person. However, I know that not everyone likes red interiors, but this one is not as offensive as some I've seen.

I had a Ford Galaxy many years ago,bought used, that had the most red interior I've ever seen, but I liked it.

Mine is the black/wine combo and I love it except that it shows every speck that lands on it.
    Electronic steering has no ability to turn the wheel. It is nothing more than a power unit that just doesn't use hydraulic fluid for power. The only way the car could have been pulled into another lane is if a drive link to the wheel broke. Not likely, but not impossible, but you would not likely ever have turned it back again if that's the case.

Since you say, Though they won't admit it, they sent two Korean guys to investigate my car, red tagged (forbidden to drive) it and then red tagged 5 or 6 other 2011 sonata's on the lot, they are not going to warn anyone who already purchased one of the potential danger, If they won't admit it, how do you know they "sent two Korean guys...? How would you know they are not going to warn anyone? Did they admit they are not going to? You must have been there a very long time if you watched them drive 5 or 6 other cars on the lot. Surely they didn't tag random cars without test driving them, examining them on a lift, etc.

No, your story just doesn't add up. If this indeed happened, I'm sorry and glad that you were not hurt, but I can't buy the story as given. Smells of just another troll who wants to damage sales of a very nice, affordable, likely reliable automobile.