Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Comments

• ins0mn1acins0mn1ac Member Posts: 4
    It turns out that buying it directly from the company that sells it also is about the same, $1750. I would really like to know what price others paid for the HPP platinum plan. Thanks.
  • schdyschdy Member Posts: 233
    It's definitely not better looking than the 2011 Sonata! That's my opinion shared by every auto rater in the Country except Nissan owners. And try to buy one for the same price as the Sonata! I'll grant you the Maxima will perform a little better than the Sonata but it is not bigger, better looking and costs thousands more.
    Where can you buy a Maxima loaded like the Sonata Limited for $26k.
    Maybe a previously owned with less than 10k mi. And still the warranty will not take you to the yr 2021.
  • mbzxmbzx Member Posts: 9
    Hi, I have tried to post a review for a 2011 Sonata SE but as soon as I hit the submit button, I get slapped with the message, "Invalid Parameter" and there is no recourse for fixing any problem in the data entry. Is this some kind of trick to curtail the review posting for a particular brand, genuine bug in the software, or my ignorance? Does anybody know? Thanks. :sick:
  • kfdmedkfdmed Member Posts: 130
    U.S News and World report (which is just a gathering of data from many sources)
    rates the Maxima 8.6 exterior and 8.0 interior. Sonata 8.8 exterior and 7.8 interior.

So ...

"It's definitely not better looking than the 2011 Sonata! That's my opinion shared by every auto rater in the Country except Nissan owners."

Is an untrue statement. Pretty much a wash according to the media.

Personally I prefer the Maxima inside and out.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    Post details about what happened, at what point it happened, and what browser you were using in the Our Software discussion. That's where people who can fix such things read.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

May I ask what you presently drive?
    Shopping for a replacement to last me another 10 years.
    Looking at (in no particular order) the Acura TL, Nissan Maxima, Infiniti G37X, and Sonata turbo. Leaning towards the TL or Maxima. Not sure I can wait for the Sonata turbo.
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    Where can you buy a Maxima loaded like the Sonata Limited for $26k.

We were comparing the Limited Turbo to the Maxima. The Limited Turbo will end up selling for about $2k less than the Maxima. If you're evaluating in terms of performance, Maxima wins that battle hands down. If you're evaluating in more subjective terms (appearance), then beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    Very telling that you are shopping those four cars directly against each other. 18 months ago that would have been unheard of, but it's at least worth consideration now. I'm actually shopping the exact same cars, but dismissed the TL because I HATE the new design (particularly the front end).

I'll need to drive the Turbo and see how it handles. Turbo might bump the HP up to be competitive, but I'll be curious how the Limited Turbo suspension handles against sport sedans like the others.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    edited June 2010
    I'm kind of in the same situation. I think we all would love to have the Sonata or upcoming Optima turbos to be a winner in all respects so we can save some money over a comparably equipped G37, Maxima, TL etc. However comparably equipped on paper they may be there is still a big difference in richness of materials. Leather in luxury brands is a lot nicer than the leather in the Hyundais. Bluetooth, suspensions, interior materials etc are just very much nicer in those cars. It's pie in the sky thinking that they are the same just because the appear the same on paper.

What attracts me to the Sonata/Optima turbo is nice power and the MPG to go along with it on regular gas and the warranty. If the suspension can be improved and become at least competitive(a habitual Hyundai weakness as well as less refined but perfectly good engines) I will consider the turbo models. I know that I won't be getting the same richness of the luxury brands but for a few thousand less it's a decent tradeoff. But, if the suspension isn't right I won't be buying it. I almost bought a 2007 Sonata but bought the Mazda6 instead because of the suspension. Otherwise I liked them both pretty much the same as the pros and cons were about equal but the suspension and sloppy handling I just couldn't put up with. Hopefully Hyundai will improve on that because I think they are an up and coming brand and have shown great improvement in most other aspects of their cars.
    edited June 2010
    who likes the TL look. The grill is unique and the front end as a whole works for me. The interior is as nice as the Maxima. The G37X is a bit more than I would like to spend so I would probably have to go for a used G35X. I really didn't consider the Sonata/Optima until the turbo versions were announced.
  • keyman2keyman2 Member Posts: 78
    It happens to be alot more money------ala cart for every extra which adds up fast.The sonata is just as good looking or better then the Maxima,and it can't beat the extras and warrenty.
  • amoviefan1amoviefan1 Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2010
    You make a good point about the adding in the cost of the Sonata Limited TURBO's extra features. I still hope that Hyundai doesn't price it higher than $32,000 sticker including NAV...higher than that would be really pushing it.

I hear that the Limited TURBO will have 18" wheels, paddle shifters and a panoramic sunroof (like the 2010 Hyundai Tucson). Current 2011 Sonata Limited (4-cylinder NON-Turbo models) already have a standard backup camera when you get the NAV. It also has standard front and rear heated seats.

Also, I would love to see HID (Xenon) headlights and ventilated seats on the Limited Turbo, but I have not heard that those are coming which is really a shame. Other features that I really wish Hyundai would add to the Limited Turbo are a Power Passenger Seat (like the 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 has now) and a small annoyance is that the 2011 Sonata doesn't have an electronic readout for the dual automatic climate control's temperature (like all other cars in the segment). You just have to read the numbers on the two dials. I'd also love to see LEDs in the tail lights (like the Maxima).

You may have heard that the soon to be released, 2011 Kia Optima Turbo (same engine as Sonata Turbo) will definitely have HID (Xenon) headlights and LED tail lights plus Kia's version of Ford's SYNC system. It's called UVO. I know that Hyundai and Kia are only sister companies, but come on Hyundai! We want this stuff on the 2011 Sonata Limited Turbo, too!

I also love the blue lighting on the Sonata's gauges. I hate, hate the orange nighttime lighting on the Maxima. Please test drive a Maxima at night before buying it, if you care about that kind of thing. Really annoying.

Also, as much as I love the Maxima's exterior and sweet torquey engine...the interior feels very cheap (even on the premium package equipped Maxima SV with a $39,500 sticker). And it requires premium gas. Lastly, you must use synthetic oil or Nissan's $90 oil change with Ester Oil to get 19 mpg City vs. Sonata's 22 mpg City on regular oil. So, in the long run a Maxima costs more to own.

Both fun cars to own, though.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    edited June 2010
    Also, I would love to see HID (Xenon) headlights and ventilated seats on the Limited Turbo, but I have not heard that those are coming which is really a shame

They aren't. Some of the items the OP mentioned are not part of the turbo package on the Sonata Limited. I think he might have mistaken the information for another Hyundai or Kia model. I have a Mazda6 with red lighting and have had Pontiacs with the red/orange night lighting and found them to be no problem at all. It sounds like more of a personal preference. I would rather have blue but the red/orange is no problem and Mazda actually says that studies have shown it to be a very good night color for visibility(of course they would but they do cite studies). By the way, Kia has red lighting on their cars for the most part.

I think you're going to find that Kia and Hyundai are going to not only differentiate their models by looks but also content to some degree. If every single option or piece of standard equipment was available on each one you would end up with the same stuff that GM did for so many years and for what they got slammed for. Building the same car but only different sheet metal.

I'm not pushing the Maxima by any means but if you think that the Maxima SV interior feels or looks cheap, just what would you call the Sonata's interior? The leather is much nicer and the controls are higher quality in the Maxima and the car, when driven, is just plain tighter and better behaved on bumps and corners. I think your "hate, hate" of the red lighting possibly tints your view of the rest of the car. I agree about the higher costs but there is no free lunch in this world.
  • mbzxmbzx Member Posts: 9
    Thanks. I will try that route.
  • dash5dash5 Member Posts: 421
    edited June 2010
    Interesting choices and goes along with the discussion on where some buyers fall into comparing near lux brands with affordable midsize. I think the Maxima is a very sharp looking car. My only problem with it was the impression I'd have to spend at least 35k on it and that was too close to G37/A4/328i territory to justify. The reviews seemed luke warm as well:

Nissan Maxima
  • bclebaronbclebaron Member Posts: 1
    I currently am the owner of a Lexus RX330 and recently finished the lease on my second Lexus ES. In my shopping for a replacement, I felt compelled by virtually everything about the 2011 Sonata, and ultimately leased a Limited with Nav. It was only after the second day of driving, when I tried to avert a #$%&@ driver on her cell phone about to cut into my freeway lane, that I learned how wimpy the single-tone Sonata horn is. Notwithstanding my dealer's GM acknowledging the inadequacy of same, explaining that he had read a factory report to the effect that "new" models of the Sonata will come equipped with an upgraded, enhanced-db horn, I reasoned that whatever changes won't be a recall item. Thus, being enamored of the Lexus sound, I purchased an ES350 horn from my local Lexus dealer (about $85), and had my friendly Hyundai dealer replace it on the car. This required about an hour's labor and cost $100. Was it worth it?
    Absolutely! I'm ecstatic with the new sound of my Hyundai - and with a 120db output far less worried about safety issues,
  • mommytmommyt Member Posts: 42
    Its me again. I just wanted to inform you that there have been more reports of the same issue posted on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) site. I have also been contacted by phone and email by Safety Defects Engineer Assistant,Office of Defects Investigation. I have sent him a copy of the video and am waiting for his response.
    Hmmmm....I guess it isn't isolated. I guess Hyundai isn't perfect after all. They tried to hide the truth from their most loyal customers. :mad:
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    There is one other report on the NHTSA site of a problem similar to yours:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/complaintsummary.cfm?odi_id=- 10336919&prod_id=844773&cmpt_id=1&type=1

So that means your issue is not unique. But 2 out of about 100,000 cars is "isolated", IMO.

And I don't recall anyone here maintaining that Hyundai is perfect. :surprise:
    We get quite a bit of snow/ice where I live so rear wheel drive is out of the question. That narrows the choices considerably. I have narrowed it down to the Maxima SV, TL, and G37X. I don't think I can wait for the turbo Sonata. The Maxima SV can be had for around 30-31K with 0% finacing for 5 years. The base TL a 1-2k more with I believe 1.9% financing for 5 years. The G37 with premium package looks to be at least 35K with with 1.9% fiancing for 5 years. The other all-wheel drive options are priced too high for my budget. The 1.9% financing is a cost of at least $1500 when factoring in tax/trade so that ups the final cost of the TL and G37X. Even with AWD I am not sure how the G37X will do in snow/ice. If I could get a base TL for about the same as the Maxima SV with 0% I would probably buy it.

A $500+ car payment does not thrill me so I have been looking at used G35X's.
    I was looking at a 2007 with 34k miles for $21900 last weekend but it sold fast.
    edited June 2010
    As you suggested I visited the NHTSA site and again there is only 1 complaint of a power steering problem. Unlike your complaint the driver was only traveling 5mph and what I don't understand is how the vehicle kept moving when she put it in park and also turned off the engine. However I will accept her complaint and as another poster stated 1 out of 100,000 doesn't post a serious safety flaw in the 2011 Sonata.
    What I find strange is you will not post your video here but you have sent it to the NHTSA. Hopefully we will get a chance to see it someday.
    Also I hope you don't heat your home with natural gas. There have been several incidents of explosions in the home and you should be aware of the potential for it happening to you. Not frequent but it has happened.
  • dash5dash5 Member Posts: 421
    Good luck in your search and let us know what you end up getting. I believe the Audi A4 Quattro should be right in line with the G37x by the way if you like those. I'm with you 100% on the 500+ car payment. I'm shooting for under 300 myself so I keep procrastinating to save more for a down payment ;)
  • jasony79jasony79 Member Posts: 3
    The only reason I even test drove the new Sonata is because I was researching the hybrid. I didn't want to wait until what I thought would be closer to the end of the year and coming in at $27k. If it goes as low as $25k, it'll be cheaper after the federal tax credit than my GLS which came in at $22k MSRP. 172 miles more per fillup, 38 mpg over 26 mpg, probably quieter, keyless entry, push button start, and probably less buggy. The only cons I see is that the front doesn't look as good (where is the license plate going???) and the trunk space seems very limited. I could probably tolerate those issues for less total cost of ownership.

Anyone else having regrets?
    If you go here http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/sonata/2011/consumerreview.html
    I believe you will find others with regrets since Consumers only give it a 9.5 out of 10.
    As backy mentioned, no one alleged that Hyundai is perfect. If you look at discussions for each make/model here in the Forums, you'll find that no one is alleging that any manufacturer or model is perfect, including the new one you purchased.

It would be highly IRRESPONSIBLE for Hyundai to warn consumers about a defect that currently has a .002% potential of being present, and a current 0% risk of death.

I understand that it is personal, because it happened to you, but it is not reasonable to expect a manufacturer to speak out on an issue that has only been verified to have occurred in 2 of 100,000 vehicles, especially given that the cause/defect has not been confirmed... to even exist, much less which system or part.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• bobadbobad Member Posts: 1,587
    Could I ask you why you want a hybrid? It's my understanding that it would take 7 years at 15K miles per year to pay for the extra cost. Plus, the batteries aren't likely to be 100% for nearly that long. I'm also hearing that building a hybrid creates more pollution and uses more oil than it saves over a typical life span.
    I know...no one actually said the exact words. But every time anyone has posted anything with a "hint" of negativity about Hyundai, they are attacked by a couple of members. They have repeatedly stated that Hyundai doesn't hide their problems like "other" manufacturers do. It is personal to me, and now others. How can you know that it is a current 0% risk of death? Is that because no one (Thank God) has died because of this car yet? Here is a part of the email reply from NHTSA;
    Just for a little clarification on the "40 complaints" rule you heard
    about through your dealer, none of our investigations are nearly that
    clear-cut. 40 complaints may be a drop in the bucket when it comes to a
    vehicle like the Ford F150 which sells nearly 600,000 units annually.
    In contrast, 40 complaints for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata that has only been
    out for sale for a very limited time may be a drastic population
    representation! If we're looking at an issue of rusting under-carriages
    in 10-year-old vehicles, 40 complaints may only draw notice and a
    "consistent monitoring" status. However, a steering complaint in a
    brand new system in a brand new vehicle would receive dire attention
    well before the 40 complaint mark. In short, each issue we confront is
    really held to its own standard because the severity of the issue must
    be weighed as well as the number of affected units. Again, I thank you very much for helping out with this investigation.
    I'm not helping out, and I'm not investigating either.
    I'm sympathetic to the experience you had, and I do not doubt that it happened, and I am sorry that your family had a life-threatening experience.

However, if you look at everything you've posted here, you have to understand why other members are frustrated with your campaign that Sonatas present a realistic danger. Apart from your complaint, there's only one other on the NHTSA site. Even if Hyundai wanted to cover up an issue, they have zero power to stop consumers posting a complaint on that site - zero. So, given your report that there are "many more" complaints, it is understandably frustrating for other owners to have no information (which you are apparently the sole possessor of) to check out this potential issue.

If it is a life-threatening issue, members would naturally anticipate that, in the interest of preserving their families' safety, you would offer them EVERY opportunity to investigate the issue. Instead, you choose that your "privacy" (or whatever) is more important than other owners' lives. Can you see how that would make others frustrated?

Additionally, it appears that the cause has not been determined. As far as anyone can tell, the vehicle may have been damaged in transport, or by road conditions, or anything else that has NO relationship to the make/model, and that points to no defect in any part or manufacturing process.

Given all of these variables, it is very hard to see anyone else getting riled up, fearing a potential safety issue, or to join a campaign for a recall.

If you have information that would help others investigate this issue, we would most certainly appreciate you posting it. But claiming that multiple third parties have reported this issue without any substantiating information really isn't helpful to anyone here.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

I'm not saying that all of the 2011 Sonatas have the defective parts. I am saying that there are some that do. Lets just hope that there are no more than what has already been reported or repaired without reports.
    Hyundai is no different than any other auto manufacturer. They are in the business to make money. They all have problems and they will do and say anything to keep that money flowing. That is the bottom line.

(They can't fix a problem if they don't know it exists.)
    How can you know that it is a current 0% risk of death? Is that because no one (Thank God) has died because of this car yet?

The reason I can comfortably say that is because the total number of deaths across all manufacturers as a result of a manufacturing defects is so low as to be incalculable - it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of one in tens of millions. Even with the recent massive Toyota recall, no one (including independent investigators) has been able to verify that any deaths were a result of component failure.

Lifetime risk of dying in an automobile accident are now at 1 in 100. Most of those are due to driver error, driver distraction, and alcohol. Lifetime risk of dying in an automobile accident as a result of a manufacturing defect is 1 in >10,000,000. That is almost zero. If you narrow it down by manufacturer, it's even lower.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

Very well written! And thank You for emphasizing the issue of safety for us present owners.
    They can't fix a problem if they don't know it exists.

I think it's very odd you say that, when you have deliberately withheld visual evidence (your video) from Hyundai that might help them determine the cause of the problem.

Hyundai knows there is a problem--you have reported it to them, and probably the other owner who put the report on safercar.gov reported to Hyundai also. Finding the cause of the problem, if it's a general one, may not be simple. Any information anyone has that could help Hyundai find and fix the problem faster would be good for Hyundai, good for other Sonata owners, and good for those considering buying a Sonata.
    So why not help us owners by posting your video here so we can attempt to evaluate the seriousness or the cause of the incident. If I may remind you in your original post you stated there were 5 other Sonatas at the same Dealer with the same problem. You also stated that the Dealer refunded your money and now has a used Sonata with a power steering problem that he is stuck with. I asked Hyundai if they would financialy assist a Dealer in a case like this. To date Hyundai has not heard from the Dealer you are protecting. Sorry but I find it difficult to believe a Dealer would absorb your loss along with 5 others and not seek Corporate help.
    Yes I believe you had a problem with your Sonata and it may have been related to the power steering or any other electrical malfunction effecting the power steering. The cause may have been related to workmanship, part defect, or any other random cause. However I cannot accept your assesment that Hyundai has a serious design flaw that will jeapordize my safety as an Owner. So far after 3mos and 2800mi my Sonata has been a pleasure to drive and I am confident I'm not riding in a time bomb. I have enough confidence in Hyundai and other Manufacturers that if my life were in danger I would have received a recall letter by now.
    Nicely stated. Still nervous, but thank you for explaining how it works.
  • rascal06rascal06 Member Posts: 8
    They said Sunroofs are Designed to "catch the water" onto this interior tray. And yes I did laugh!! I will be taking it to a new Hyundai service department. However I will say that I called a 2nd service department to discuss what my dealership said about the sunroof leak and he said pretty much the same thing. that it is designed to collect water in this metal tray between the headliner and roof. But that I should never feel the water or see any water marks in the headliner!! Still think they are all CRAZY.

I took it through car wash with less pressure and it did not leak, so I guess I will wait to see how it does in a HEAVY rain!!

Thank you all I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who thinks this is absurd!!
    You are right it is coming from the B-Pillar. I notice it anytime the car has any body roll to it. Whether coming to a hard stop or side to side sway. Usually worse when somebody is in the seat. VERY embarrassing people LOVE to make fun of it, but they don't want to drive their own car!!!
    they stated loose bolt, It is better but still shakes. My tire guy said that a front seat shake usually comes from the rear tires. I plan on having the wheels balanced on the car at a high speed. i will let you know if this helped.
    meaning that I have reported it to them, so they do know that there is a problem. What answer did I get in return?...."It's an isolated issue." Hyundai never sent an email address for me to send it to them. They didn't need the video anyway. They know what the problem is. They just don't know which cars have it and which do not. The only way to find it is for them to look under the hood of every car. They are not going to do this because of the expense, both financially and reputable.
    I was not sure about legal actions of posting the video to the public. So...all I could do is try to warn about the potential defect.
    I was not sure about legal actions of posting the video to the public. So...all I could do is try to warn about the potential defect.

When you sent it to the National Safety Organization you made it available to the public. My Dealer is presently requesting the video you sent to them to forward to Hyundai. Unfortunately he asked me for your case number. Is it possible you can help with the info to make it easier for my Dealer to retrieve the video.
    Thank You for your help.
    And don't be nerveous. You sold your death trap back to the Dealer.
    Videos can't be posted within the forums anyway. You'd have to upload them to a video hosting site like YouTube, then provide a link.
    Uploading the video, by itself, can't cause you legal trouble. What could cause problems is if you added a description or comment to the video implicating anyone else for the crash. A video with a comment such as "video of my car after the crash" doesn't do that. "Video of my defective Hyundai" could.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• rexgrexg Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2010
    I must say I absolutely love my new Limited -- looks, performance, economy, special features. Can anyone clue me in on mounting the front license plate without damaging the finish? I don't see any holes or other obvious way to do it.

Sorry for such a tardy response, but I just encountered this issue when my temporary registration expired and I needed to mount my permanent plates. When I removed the cheap plastic frame (surrounding a plastic insert with dealer advertizing) from the front bumper, I was surprised to find that there was no proper mounting bracket for the front license plate. Just two ragged holes that were apparently drilled in haste and not properly cleaned up. This must be something that was done at the dealer. I cannot believe that such shoddy work would have come from the factory.

Anyhow, I used some thin vinyl weatherstripping to achieve an acceptable mount that protects the finish. It does not show at all and it prevents the license plate from directly contacting the bumper. I used a self-stick type of weatherstriping that is widely available at Home Depot or Lowes. I stuck the weatherstripping to the back of the license plate, not the bumper. After some experimentation, I settled on a strip running across the top of the plate just above the upper mounting holes (and slightly below the top edge of the plate). And two vertical strips which run from the upper mounting holes to the lower mounting holes on each side of the plate.
  • moontrainmoontrain Member Posts: 83
    Once every three weeks you come on this form telling people that you are doing this so we will not get killed , but yet you refuse to give GOOD information.I think you just want to cause trouble. I for one would not beleave you until you give the facts that people have asked for. If this was true and you really cared ( like you say you do ) you would give facts.I am happy you got another brand of car.
    I got my 2011 Limited on April 20th and I love it.
    Good for you. I'm glad that you got a good one! I'm glad that thousands of Hyundai customers were lucky enough to get the good one! =} I am happy for everyone who is enjoying their new sonata.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but don't flatter yourself by thinking that they would contact you. This would cause a panic and maybe a slight drop in sales.
    "It's an isolated issue."

Since to date it's about 2 cars in 100,000, I'd have to agree with that.

Hyundai never sent you an email address? But you knew how to contact Hyundai to report the problem. You know where your local dealer is. You know the Hyundai Customer Service phone number. All kinds of ways to provide them with your video.

If they know what the problem is, they can issue a recall for the specific cars affected--even if it's all 2011 Sonatas made up to the time they found the problem (assuming that once they found it, they fixed it on cars made after that). Hyundai has recalled large numbers of cars before for safety-related defects. Do you know for a fact that Hyundai will not take such action because of the expense, or is that your opinion?
    Again you never answer the questions in the post. You just provide verbage that does nothing to help current and potential owners. I said my Dealer who has more influence than I would like info from you to procure the video you sent so he can get Hyundai to comment.
    You also avoid answering about the 5 other Sonatas at your Dealership and what the Dealer did with the Sonata he repurchased from you. If you were really concerned for the safety of others and you sold back to your Dealer a deathtrap, I would think you would be very closely following the whereabouts of that car and the 5 others.
    Just to add to your story, last week a 2010 Ford Fusion blew a tire on the NY Thruway and 3 people were seriously hurt. Should we all avoid buying a Ford Fusion because of a safety defect at Ford.
    And finaly do you truly believe Hyundai has a serious design flaw that they do not want the public to know about for fear of reduced sales. In my area it is very difficult to find a Sonata SE on the lot.
    Good for you. I wish you the best with your new car. Whenever I send an email or letter it takes a lot of time to get a response from any of them. I have stated the facts. I can't make you believe me, I can only hope you will. I wish this never happened so I could be driving around in my sonata too. Happy 4th! Be safe. :)
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    I'm sorry to say I have a hard time with what your saying. To me it all sounds suspect due to the lack of cooperation on your part. People before machine right. If I were in your shoes, I'd provide all necessary information to prove that this indeed happened to me. I'm pretty sure most of the posters here think this story is exactly as it sounds, a made up story. I've seen where some people with a lesser issue with car go to great lengths to have a problem corrected on their car, I'm talking pictures, emails, letters, phone calls etc. All information they had/owned went to prove their case, while your attempt seems more like avoidance. Why are you really holding back your video footage to us?Is their something on it to disprove your concern? Who was actually doing the video taping? I always wondered that.
  • keyman2keyman2 Member Posts: 78
    Are you for real?The trunk is very big over 16ft,what are you looking for a bus!The license goes in the front .The dealer does that and the Sonata is one of the best looking cars out thereI understand there's taste for everybody that's differant but the Sonata is beautiful.I've test drove it and buying one as soon as my girlfriend comes back from a nursing home..
    I didn't avoid answering your questions. I have already told what they did in previous posts. They replaced the column in my car and planned to sell it. Since they changed the column, they believed it to be "better than new and perfectly safe". As for the other 5 or 6, they wouldn't even admit to red tagging them. Without VIN numbers, I can only hope they replaced the columns in them too. The whole thing is being investigated. Hyundai was supposed to be investigating it themselves...also previously stated.
    I never said to not purchase the darn car!
    As for the Ford Fusion, I had also stated that I did like the car but didn't purchase it because it has the same steering unit as the sonata. Good thing...I would have really been freaked out, after what we had gone through with the sonata. :)
    I know the SE's seem to be the most popular Sonata's. It is an affordable luxury car. Middle income families are able to finally afford a car with everything.
    You would not believe how badly I want to tell you what you want to know. I am afraid of legal actions. I don't know if I have a right to give the VIN number names of dealerships and salesmen etc.... My husband and son switched seats once we were parked. My son actually used my phone to video from the back seat.
    I also didn't want the wrong person to get the video and mess with it. It is my proof.
    signing off for the day. :(