Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC60 Lease Questions

Comments

• chinna1chinna1 Member Posts: 1
    2010 xc60 3.2 fwd ice white sandstone leather preium package climate package
    Pcc key 18" wheels

36 months 15k/year
    $1166 drive off
    (covers 1st month DMV bank fee) I live in ca
    $612/month + tax
    Money factor 00172
    Residual 42%
    residual value $15894.90
    Cap cost (selling price) $33,875

Does this sound like a good lease? Thank you in advance for your help!
  • sdhlaw1701sdhlaw1701 Member Posts: 5
    Carman,

Can you provide the current lease rate for a XC60 3.2 with the Premium Package and Climate Package? I am looking for a 36 month 12,000 miles per year deal in Southern Florida. Thanks.
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 152
    Carman,

I was wondering if you could provide the August lease rates for the 2011 XC-60 T-6 R-design, and 3.2 AWD for 36 months and 60 months with 15k miles per year?

Also, are they still providing lease support for the above 2010 models.

Thanks.
  • biggee810biggee810 Member Posts: 1
    Carman,
    I can currently looking into leasing a 2010 XC60 T6-R. The dealer has it advertised from 45k to 41k. I am very much a novice when it comes to leasing so please bear with me. What would be a good lease rate for either 36 or 48 months with 12-15k miles annually.
    Everything I've looked at is asking for 4-5k down, but in reading your posts, I see it's not recommended.
    Are there any incentives being offered like the 5k that was in the beginning of the year?
    ANY help or insight you have give would be greatly appreciated!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to, sdhlaw1701.

US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC60 3.2 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00164 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go autoboy19.

US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC60 T6 R-Design with 15,000 miles per year are .00157 and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 60 month lease (which I advise against doing) are .00202 and 32%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings biggee810. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC60 T6 R-Design with 15,000 miles per year are .00157 and 49%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

I don't believe that Volvo is providing lease support on the 2010 XC60 any longer. It is not currently providing any dealer cash on the 2011 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Carman. Does the residual or money factor change on 36 and 60 months at 15k miles per year on the FWD 3.2?
    No problem autoboy19.

US Bank's September lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC60 3.2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 60 month lease, which I advise against doing, are .00202 and 33%.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Did Volvo's lease rates change from last month?

If so, do you have the October lease rates for the XC-60 T-6 R-design and XC-60 3.2 AWD R-design for 36 and 60 months with 15k miles per year?

Thanks again
    Hey autoboy19.

US Bank's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC60 3.2 R-Design with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 60 month lease (which is way too long IMHO) are .00201 and 31%, respectively.

The 36 and 60 month numbers for the 2011 XC60 T6 R-Design are .00157 / 49% and .00201 / 32%.

Car_man
    Host
  • hitmenhitmen Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    I am considering leasing an XC60 T6 with 15k miles / yr for 36 months. We can either do it now, or wait till the end of December. I wanted to know (a) how much variability there is in the residual and lease money factors from month to month, and (b) what expectations one could have in terms of how the factors might change approaching the end of the year / holiday season. It sounds like we can't lock in the current factor and residual unless we take delivery, and the "unknown" of waiting is a determinant in our decision making process.

Thanks in advance for any help!
  • hypnoticshypnotics Member Posts: 69
    Hi Car Man,

Just wanted to check the accuracy on that 61% (15k) residual for 2011 XC60 3.2 AWD?

Thank you!
    Hi hitmen. It's difficult to say what Volvo's lease program for the XC60 will be like in December. I can tell you that last year, Volvo's December lease program on this model was more attractive than its October program was. If I was in the market for a new vehicle, I personally would lean towards waiting until the end of the year to get it. Great deals can often be had then as dealers and manufacturers look to pump up their annual sales totals. Again though, there's no way to know for certain at this point exactly what Volvo's programs will be several months from now so this is just an educated guess.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for catching my typo, hypnotics. That should have read 51% for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2011 XC60 3.2 AWD. Sorry for the confusion.

Car_man
    Host
  • neozneoz Member Posts: 5
    Hi There,

I have a general question about the incentives. About the 3.5K (or 5K) i saw at the beginning of the thread, are they something that happen almost every year or just last year?

If recurring, I may be waiting for the next time when the lease incentives are around again.

Thanks a lot!
  • kmcvickerskmcvickers Member Posts: 2
    With Volvo's 5 year bumper to bumper warranty that now includes wear items, except tires, what do you say now about a five year lease? Also do you have an update on the $$ and residuals for a 5 year on an XC60 3.2 FWD R series?

Thanks, Kmack
    Hi neoz. I don't think that Volvo is offering the alternative lease assistance cash any longer. It seems to run most of its special lease offers through US Bank now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum</i
    Hi Kmack. Now that Volvo is offering its Safe + Sound warranty and maintenance plan the idea of a five year lease is not as offensive as it once was. Still, five years is a long time to lease any vehicle for. A lot can happen over the course of five years. One's lifestyle could change causing them to need a larger or smaller vehicle. One's commute could change causing them to go way over or way under their mileage allowance. One could just plain get sick of their vehicle. I personally prefer 36 to 39 month leases.

Volvo Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 60 month lease of a 2011 XC60 3.2 FWD R with 15,000 miles per year are .00201 and 31%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • niclaf77niclaf77 Member Posts: 40
  • beachlady80beachlady80 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    Carman - trying to decide between a Lexus RX350 and the XC60. Could you please give me the residual and money factor for 36 and 48 month lease with 15k miles for the FWD 3.2 base. Thanks so much!
    I'd be happy to help you out, beachlady80.

Volvo's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC60 3.2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00195 and 41%.

Car_man
    Host
  • omhomh Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,
    Could you please provide the residual and money factor currently for a 2011 T6 Rdesign for 36 months with 15k? I've been quoted $757 with no money down, but not sure if this is a good deal? The packages include: Climate, Convenience, MultiMedia, BLIS, PCC. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!
  • nygenenygene Member Posts: 11
  • cpl88cpl88 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

Got these numbers for January from a local dealer. Do these look right?

2011 XC60 T6 AWD:

36 Months - Money Factor: 0.00127 - Residual: 54%
    48 Months - Money Factor: 0.00161 - Residual: 44%
    60 Months - Money Factor: 0.00201 - Residual: 36%

Thanks!
    Hi , this thread about the XC60 lease is very helpful, but I am bit confused how to compare the Money Factor and Residual (I am not really sure how the numbers are calcualted??)...since I am going to shop and compare the XC60 against the BMW X3, the VW Tiguan and Toureg, this would be really helpful to use as a comparison point...could you please explain?

Thanks!!!
    Thanks much, will check out the links!
  • niclaf77niclaf77 Member Posts: 40
    can you provide the numbers for a lease of the 2011 volvo xc60 3.2 fwd for 36 months with 10,000 and 12,000 miles per year? i am in nj. also, any incentives i should be aware of?

thanks!
    nicole
    I'd be happy to omh. Volvo Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC60 T6 R-Design with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 51%, respectively.

It would be easier for me to evaluate the deal that you were quoted if you provided me with this vehicle's MSRP and approximate selling price first. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, cpl88, these numbers are right on the money.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings niclaf77. Volvo's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 XC60 3.2 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00124 and 51%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Other than $1,000 owner loyalty cash, I don't believe that Volvo is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • njvehiclelovernjvehiclelover Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    Carman, the dealer quoted me 645 including the 5 percent AAA discount for 36 mos./15,000 on $41,900. Only package not included is the technology package. The deal will be no cash down only because I am trading my 2007 C-280 loaded except no nav, in good condition with 48,500 miles and new tires. I owe 12K and the dealer said they are valuing my car at 15,000. I think the trade-in is light but I can probably get them up. So my real question is whether $3,000 down with the deal above sounds good to you. Really appreciate the help.
    Hi njvehiclelover. A 5% discount on a 2011 XC90 sounds like a good deal to me. It's difficult to say exactly, but this is probably equivalent to less than $500 over dealer invoice.

Having said that, the payment that you were quoted, $645/month with $3,000 down, looks a little high to me. Make sure that the dealer is using Volvo's current money factor and residual value of .00134 and 53% to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • scharrockscharrock Member Posts: 2
    I read with interest the comment about a 5% AAA Discount. I am a member of AAA and am not aware of such a discount. Can anyone shed some light on the program and details?
  • cassieecassiee Member Posts: 3
    Hi

I'm considering a XC60 T6 AWD vs an Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus.
    Could you please tell me the current money factor and residuals?
    For the volvo dealer is telling me 687- does that sound like a good deal?

Thanks

Cassie
  • kmcvickerskmcvickers Member Posts: 2
    Do you have the five year lease money factor and residual for March, 2011 on a 2011 XC60 R design front wheel drive in Illinois?
  • aspen19128aspen19128 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    I am considering an xc60 lease for 36 months, 12,000 mi/yr starting in April. Looking at an AWD model, 3.2L w/moonroof, expecting an msrp of 37,000. Do you have an estimated residual value and money factor? Also, any known incentives on leases? I am a current Volvo owner so wondering if there is a loyalty incentive? I will purchase in either Pennsylvania or New Jersey. Also considering an xc90 but can post that question in the proper form. Thanks for any help.
  • joelg2kjoelg2k Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Hello,

I am looking for a XC60 lease / buy

Got the following from the dealer (NJ)

xc60 3.2 AWD, premium and the climate packages, 15K miles per year

MSRP $39,325.00
    Invoice $37,268.00
    Selling price $36,061.23

Monthly Payment $499.00

No money down

$3,252.56 up front including:

MV fee's $425.00,
    doc fee $199.00
    acq fee $795.00
    tax $1,327.06
    and 1st payment $499.00

Gap is included,there is a dispo fee of $395.00

Also included would be the free maintainence for 3 years or 36k miles

The money facter is .00134, and residual 53% or $20,842.25

If I want to buy the APR is 2.9 % for 72 months or $15.50 per 1000 financed

I ran it by some colleagues at work and they told me it looks like a good deal, what do you think ?

Thank you

Joelg2k
  • aspen19128aspen19128 Member Posts: 4
    I just got a very similar quote, also from a dealer in NJ, for the exact same model. My monthly payments were a bit lower, but I asked for 12,000 mi/yr. Interestingly, the residual I was quoted was lower at 52% which seems odd since it's a lower mileage lease. Overall, the numbers worked out and it seemed like an acceptable deal, however, I might wait until March to see if next month's leasing options are any better. C70s, s80s and xc70s are leasing for 450/month right now with less money out of pocket. I'm hoping that as winter is ending, they will be pushing the AWD vehicles harder, but who knows.
    Joelg2K,

I am also in Jersey and it looks like you are getting a much better deal than what was offered to me. Are you willing to say which dealer? I would love to get the same deal.
    Hi Scharrock,

I asked about available leasing discounts at Cherry Hill Volvo in New Jersey and they said AAA provided a 5% discount off of the monthly payment. I've seen some discussions on this message board about Costco as well. I am not familiar with it though.

As it turns out I am going with another dealership who gave me a better deal, but it was good to know about the AAA program.
  • gman1967gman1967 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for rates/residuals on a 2011 xc60 AWD 3.2L

15k /yr, 36, 39,42, 48 whichever they are running now.

Suffolk County, NY
  • joelg2kjoelg2k Member Posts: 2
    njvehiclelover,

Sure, dealer was Bridgewater Volvo... Good luck!

joelg2k
  • s60leasers60leaser Member Posts: 61
    Hey Carman and KYFDX!
    Glad to see you are still out there! I am getting ready to lease an XC60 AWD T6 with Climate pkg, no other options. The first numbers I have gathered are: MSRP $40,275,
    CapCost $38,919,
    RV 53%,
    Money Factor .00109,
    15K miles, 36 months,
    Zero down,no trade in but multiple Fees :$795-US Bank,$155 Plates, $81 upfront sales tax,$275 conveyance fee,$125 lease set up fee and first months payment.
    Mo Pymt $553.84 plus 33.23 tax=$587
    No incentives available, according to this dealer.
    Only US Bank for Volvo leases, according to same dealer.

All sounds high to me, especially CapCost, but I've been out of the market for a while. Consumers($36,754 best price) and Edmunds($37,808 true market pricing) both have a considerably lower price for the vehicle-What do you think? What lease numbers should I be looking for? Ive read through the forum but don't see any March numbers that compare with the T6AWD.
    Thanks everyone!
  • rdxerrdxer Member Posts: 38
    Hey s60leaser

Drove a T6 today a loved it -- what a hoot! Need to lease something in the next month or so. Using the numbers you provided (thank you) via the calculator at leaseguidedotcom, I came up $612.08. Just confirming that you're not paying anything out of pocket?

CarMan can you please double check my math (maybe I'm being dumb).

Thanks
    Agree- theT6 is a much smoother ride than the non turbo. And yes, correct- zero down but for all those fees!
    Im eager to hear from Carman on the lease numbers too!
    Were you bothered at all by the blind spot behind driver/ rear window on drivers side?
  • rdxerrdxer Member Posts: 38
    Truth is I didn't notice a blind spot, but will pay more attention on the next test drive (I was too busy punching the throttle around corners!). If so, it does make a case for getting BLIS.
    Are all Volvo leases done through US Bank now? Is that a Volvo restriction or dealer choice? Doesn't no competition mean higher lease prices?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    When Ford owned Volvo, most of the leases went through Ford (aka Volvo Finance)....

Now Volvo uses USBank... Even though USBank is an independent bank, they have a special affiliation with Volvo to provide their "manufacturer" lease program.

So, there may be any number of independent banks that might offer a lease program for a new Volvo, but they likely won't have any special rates or incentives that Volvo has chosen to apply to their own program through USBank.

In that regard, things are normal.. the "captive" program is almost always better than an independent bank program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator