Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC60 Lease Questions

Comments

• babybeansbabybeans Member Posts: 12
    2010 XC60 3.2
    MSRP: $35,845
    3 years/10k miles
    What are people getting off MSRP for a final negotiated sales price?
    What is the current Residual and MF on this car?

I'm looking at the lease deal offered through Volvo ending 9/30/09 on the base model but wondered how this translates into real numbers and with additional options.

Thanks for the help!
  • fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    If I'm reading correctly there is $3K in rebates this month going to the buyer, and another $1K going to the dealer, which he may share, or not.

Is this only on a lease, or does it apply to a purchase also???

This is what Edmunds has:

Alternative Lease Assistance cash is available to customers who lease through a third-party institution and not with Volvo Car Finance lease.

Whatever that means.

Can an XC60 be custom ordered without the sunroof, and when will the "R" version be available?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I can help you out, aardy, but I am going to have to make some assumptions since you never mentioned what trim level, term, or mileage allowance you are interested in. Let me know if you want something different.

Volvo's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 XC60 3.2 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00237 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi kimber7. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 XC60 3.2 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00237 and 48%, respectively.

For a lease on any non-base XC60, you will probably be better off going through a bank other than Volvo Finance and taking advantage of the $3,000 to $4,000 in additional cash that is available on leases of this truck through independent banks.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi fantom. Volvo is currently providing a $1,000 dealer cash incentive on any type of purchase or lease of the 2010 XC60.

the $3,000 that you mentioned is "Alternative Lease Assistance." This means that it is only available on leases of this truck through any bank other than Volvo Finance. If you decide to lease the XC60 that you are interested in say through US Bank it would be eligible for this additional cash on top of the one grand dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks you, Car Man!

This is my best understanding on a 3.2L XC60 lease this month:

* $1,000 Dealer cash incentive applies.

* $3,500 Customer cash incentive applies, but ONLY if leased through US Bank.

* 5/5/5 Safe+Sound coverage special may end on 9/30, along with the two incentives, above.

* No data is available on ordering the R option for an XC60 yet.

* The 36 month residual from US Bank is 42%; the 48 month residual is 33%; and the lease money factor calculates out to about 5.2% APR.

Assuming the above is correct, I'm hoping that like for the past several years, incentives will not be reduced through the end of the year, that I will be able to custom order an R, and that maybe, Costco will again run an end of year super special.

Please comment on my "facts", and my assumptions.

Why is US Bank the only leasing agency I can use, and who the heck are they?

Your knowledge, insights, and help is most appreciated!
  • soapdish616soapdish616 Member Posts: 31
    Hi Everyone,

Really need your help here. I'm interested in buying or leasing (which ever is the better bang for the buck) a 2010 XC60 with Premium pkg, climate package and BLIS. I'm willing to even order the car but still want to ensure a great deal...

What's the lowest they'd be willing to go on a selling price for such a car?

Thanks
  • microchipmicrochip Member Posts: 5
    Car_man:

When and where does this information become available? I was at the dealer last night, and this mirrored exactly what they were able to offer me, invoice minus $1000 dealer incentive and $4000 Alternative Lease Assistance plus the 5 year/60K maintenance/warranty, etc...

Unfortunately the car was missing the BLIS feature and I hitch, and they are trying to locate one for me with the equipment I want, but if it does not happen today, how will I know tomorrow what the October incentives are? Most people are confident the safe & sound will continue, but I don't know about the other incentives.

Thanks!
    MC
  • cmarsellecmarselle Member Posts: 1
    Upon leasing a car are you suppose to tell the dealer you are leasing or do you tell them you are buying so you can first negotiate a price then fiqure out the lease cost from there? thanks
  • tredvr6tredvr6 Member Posts: 10
    In the case of the XC60 (both the 3.2 and T6), there has been a discount available to those who lease through a 3rd party that has not been available on a traditional purchase. You "should" get a better lease payment by telling the dealer that you plan to lease since the dealer can reduce the capitalized cost of the vehicle by the amount of the lease incentive.

The dealer with whom I've been working has been very forthcoming with all the information needed to calculate the lease payment (cap cost, money factor, residual), however, not all dealers are willing to share this information. My opinion is to not do business with a dealer who does not share all the information required to determine the lease payment.
  • mlynnk1mlynnk1 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone confirm the lease cash amount for an XC60 3.2? Edmunds lists it as both $3,750 and $4,250 with no differentiation in the qualifications. My dealer is saying the lease cash is only $3,250 and then is mentioning another $750 which I assume is the dealer cash. Can anyone confirm what the actual lease cash is?
    Hi fantom. In October, Volvo Dropped the XC60 dealer cash slightly to $250. Its cash incentive for leases of this model through independent banks is now $3,750 on 3.2 2WD and $4,250 on 3.2 AWD. It has extended the Safe+Sound warranty promotion.

US Bank is a major national lending institution. I recently heard that Volvo is essentially shutting down Volvo Finance and that it will run all of its future lease specials through USB.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's an update chip. In October, Volvo dropped the XC60 dealer cash slightly to $250. Its cash incentive for leases of this model through independent banks is now $3,750 on 3.2 2WD and $4,250 on 3.2 AWD. It has extended the Safe+Sound warranty promotion.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cmarselle. I personally prefer to negotiate the selling price of any vehicle that I am getting before the deduction of any available incentives but stipulating that I will get them. Once a pre-incentive price has been arrived at I then have the dealer deduct any available cash from that.

I don't see any reason to hide the fact that you are leasing from the dealer, as long as you are strong willed and you don't let the dealer steer your negotiations away from your vehicle's selling price and towards its monthly payment. Dealers love to play tricks with the numbers to get consumers to focus solely on the payment so that they don't realize that they are leaving money on the table.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mlynnk1. The $3,750 is available on 2WD and the $4,250 on AWD models. The $750 that the dealer mentioned is indeed dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car Man.

Sorry to be so dense, but must the "independent bank" be US Bank? I'm told it does.

Also, have you heard anything about when the XC60-R can be ordered? Again, it's been hinted to be late this month or early next month.
  • mikey38mikey38 Member Posts: 141
    What is the XC60-R?
  • mikey38mikey38 Member Posts: 141
    gracias!
  • apj74apj74 Member Posts: 4
    Is this any way a deal for XC60?
    This is the offer that i have. The MSRP around $ 37600. Base price after negotiation will be $29000. Acquisition price was $ 1050. + tax
    + 1020 (registration + paper). money factor 0.00314. residual 45% of MSRP.
  • bronsteenbronsteen Member Posts: 8
    XC60 T6

MSRP 42,940 (leftover from April it seems, did MSRP go up during the year?)
    Dealer added wood package for $850 (I assume to try and sell a car that was not selling)
    I added after market Garmin 765 installed they wanted $1250

Hann Bank
    48 Months/10,000 miles
    $4272.13 Due at signing including NY Taxes
    $575 a month
    $15,873.00 Residual

What do you think?
  • edjjedjj Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking for help getting an XC60 in California. I'd be happy with the 3.2, but want most of the bells and whistles (Climate, Convenience, Premium, Media, Tech, etc.).

On the 3.2 Edmunds currently shows "Marketing Support" of $750 on both the 3.2 and the T6. As for "Rebates" (i.e. lease assistance), it is showing $3250 on the T6, but $3750 and $4250 for the 3.2. Which is it and are these accurate as of today? Also, does anyone have anything more than a wild guess as to whether these incentives will be extened beyond November 2?

Anyone other random regarding and advice would also be appreciated.
  • ibush01ibush01 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man -- when the November 2009 numbers (money factor, residual, incentives) for this truck are released, can you publish them? I'm interested in a '10 XC60 T6 AWD, and have read about alternative lease deals through US BANK (will you have access to those numbers as well?)

Many thanks!
    Can anyone comment on it?

Thanks,

Peter
    Hi ibush01. Volvo has really cut back on its lease support lately. Volvo Finance is actually being phased out completely and all future "special" Volvo leases will be run through US Bank.

The only "special" lease program that Volvo has on the XC60 right now is on "base" models. If you want one that has a decent level of equipment, including AWD, you will have to do so through an independent bank and take advantage of the $4,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of XC60 AWD models.

Car_man
    Host
    Regarding the $4,750 cash incentive for XC60 AWD models, will it be fixed if I special order a one now, that will be delivered late February?

Also, can I order it now without the sunroof, which I'm told Volvo will only start producing in January?

Thanks
  • hollywood53hollywood53 Member Posts: 44
    All current incentives are ending today, that means you have to take delivery,USbank is becomg the captive finance company for Volvo on Dec 1st new residuals lower money factors hopefully they will be available tues.I called VCNA to see if I could get my hands on them if they are available yet.
  • gasjenngasjenn Member Posts: 2
    Someone tell me if I got a good deal please,

2010 Volvo XC60 with leather, sunroof, electric silver paint MSRP $36,220.00

Total out of pocket $1000.00 (includes first payment and all the other fees)
    48 Months of $505.00 tax included.
  • cpamancpaman Member Posts: 58
    Car man,

Any updates on January lease deals on a base XC 60 in Connecticut?

Regards,

CPAMAN
  • waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    Hi all,

I am looking at leasing or buying a 2010 XC60, and would like to know the current incentives, money factors and residuals, along with where the prices are tracking relative to invoice.

Thanks!
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 152
    The only current incentives for the XC60 are $1000 loyalty incentive if you buy one, and $500 loyalty incentive for leasing. The lease rates are as follows, for 15k miles per year through U.S bank for 36, 48, and 60 month leases respectively.

XC-60 3.2 43% and .00058, 35% and .00118, 29% and .00150
    XC-60 3.2 AWD 44% and .00065, 35% and .00122, 29% and .00152
    XC-60 T-6 AWD 47% and .00112, 37% and .00158, 31% and .00188
  • JPeriwinkleJPeriwinkle Member Posts: 9
    Just a general question to those in the know: I am considering a second Volvo lease and feel I have a good deal on the table presently BUT I am wondering if it makes sense to wait until the new lease deals are out in February. My rationale is that I like the deal now and essentially it is being cut without any kind of lease assistance at all. Presently I am considering a 48 month US Bank lease because I can not get the payments to fit inside the 36 month term I really want. Just a reminder, I do have one other current Volvo lease. Any thoughts are appreciated ...... Thank you !
    What is the deal that you have on the table? Which XC60, what pricing numbers, what lease numbers, etc?
    48 month/12k miles USB lease with inceptions only out of pocket ($1100) and rolling in $1600 of negative equity ..... The vehicle is Base plus metallic paint, premium package and BLIS ... msrp of just under $37k .... payment before taxes of $539
    Hey cpaman. Volvo is providing lease support on the XC60 in January, but its Jan. program is not as attractive as its December program was. This is often the case at the beginning of the year. Manufacturers pull out all the stops at the end of their year to pump up their annual sales totals. They then ease off a little bit in January.

US Bank's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 XC60 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00065 and 44%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi waltaz. Other than loyalty money, Volvo is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the XC60.

I'd be happy to give you an idea of what its lease program is like, but you never mentioned the trim level that you are interested in, how long you want to lease for, or what mileage allowance you need, so I'll have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

US Bank's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 XC60 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00065 and 44%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car man...

I'm looking at a T6 AWD with a few of the nice option packages, and would lease for 36 months and 18,000 miles.

What I'm finding is killing me re the XC60 is the residual. It's a full 10% lower than what Infiniti uses on the EX35, which really KILLS the monthly payment. And I haven't even tried to see how low I can get the price to...
    Car man, what do you think a loaded T6 would go for on a 48 month lease?

Thanks,

Pete
    No problem, waltaz. Here's the numbers for the T6.

US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 XC90 T6 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00112 and 47%, respectively.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that US Bank publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Pete. I'd be happy to use this vehicle's actual lease program to work up a sample lease payment for you. Just let me know what its MSRP and selling price, or MSRP and invoice price are. You can find these numbers over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car_man...

Are those numbers for the XC60, or the XC90? You're reply listed the XC90...

Walt
    MSRP 42,940 Base MSRP (I assume invoice) 37,200

48 months.

Thanks Car Man
  • jr22jr22 Member Posts: 3
    hi..

I have a 2008 xc90 and my lease is up Feb 24. I pay 438 per mo. I can extend the lease for 2 more months, but I will have to pay 400 registration.

I want to lease another xc90, but was told since US Bank is doing finance now, to get the same exact base model would be 550 per mo, with 3500 down.

I'm looking for a 36 month lease. Does anyone know if there will be better deals offered if I decide to extend the lease for 2 months and pay 400 for registration?

Thanks!
    Carman : Have you heard anything on how the Volvo programs will change for February ? I have heard possibly more loyalty money and better residuals...I have been holding back on deal hoping something improves next week. Please let me know if you have any information ..... Thank you ....
  • dan207dan207 Member Posts: 12
    hello,
    we have a similar deal on our xc90 2008. our lease expired on november 09 and we are extending it up to 6 month (may 2010). we tried leasing the xc60, but the best we got is 479/mo for 60mo / 10000 miles. we decided to purchase our car, so our payment would stay about the same....
    No problem, Walt. Good catch. Even though I said the "90" in my post, those numbers are for the "60."

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, bronsteen. Thanks for the additional information. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD that has an MSRP of $42,940 and a selling price of $37,700 ($500 over invoice) through US Bank right now for 48 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $540.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi JPeriwinkle. I believe that Volvo's lease program for the XC60 is exactly the same in February as it was in January.

The only change that I am aware of this month is the introduction of special financing rates on all models.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman.....I think that invoice price is incorrect. Isn't a T6 AWD invoice $37,200 without options. So $500 over on it would be $37,700, before adding any otions?
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    Hi, will the lease program get better any time soon?