Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• shin2sx2shin2sx2 Member Posts: 7
    it was before tax... but for 43k, that was the best deal I've gotten from out of all the dealers I tried to work with.. (MD, NJ, NY, DE, VA, NC)
  • slavigulaslavigula Member Posts: 9
    Did they include AudiCare?
  • shin2sx2shin2sx2 Member Posts: 7
    i know the guy before me got it included, but they wouldnt do it for me? so i didnt care much..since I was getting the car at invoice.
  • ltjbukemltjbukem Member Posts: 31
    yep, i'm the one who got audi care included in the deal.

a friend got a call from audi manhattan. they're in the last 3 days of the quarter and need to get cars off their lots.

if u are in the tristate area, i suggest giving them a call to wheel and deal. looks like they are being aggressive w/ pricing.
  • rraffelrraffel Member Posts: 4
    Thoughts on this deal?

Q5 Prem Plus - no additional options
    12k/year
    0 Down
    42 months
    601/month - taxes rolled in payment

got this from a NYS dealer
  • soobahk1soobahk1 Member Posts: 2
    0 cap cost reduction. Will pay inception & MV fees up front (approx. $1800.)
  • ealazarusealazarus Member Posts: 23
    I was just looking at the residual for 42 months yesterday at the dealership and it made the 36/39 month option more cost effective.
    just picked up my car.

can not emphasize how professional the dch millburn guys were. i got there at 4pm, was out of the parking lot by 4:50pm. paperwork was prepped, no extra waiting around time.

completely recommend the buying experience at dch millburn.
  • frictiontapefrictiontape Member Posts: 8
    I checked out their site and they vs. Audi Manhattan seem to be competing pretty closely with each other...prices are almost identical. How'd you do? What did you get? Thx!
    can't really take those suggested prices on websites seriously.

dch led out w/ the best offer. audi of manhattan only offered to match when it was already too late.

got q5 prem plus for a few hundred bucks under invoice. check the history above...
  • ostrich001ostrich001 Member Posts: 13
    WOW! Are you serious? A few hundred bucks under invoice for a Q5 Premium Plus? That is amazing!!! I wished that I could get those prices around Cleveland, OH! We are nowhere close to that around here! Sigh...
  • frictiontapefrictiontape Member Posts: 8
    Ah, I didn't go back far enough, will check in with DCH....thanks!
  • ac5ac5 Member Posts: 2
    This is what I was offered today. I'm in Northern California and considering leasing a 2010 Q5 Premium Plus. I'm new to leasing, so I am seeking your input regarding the terms of this deal - good, bad, or indifferent. I did notice that the Money Factor quoted to me was different than the one Car_man mentioned. Comments on my down payment of $5K are welcome too. Thanks in advance.

I was just quoted the following on a 42 month lease for an Audi Q5 Premium Plus:
    MSRP: $42,940
    Initial Cap Cost: $41,940
    Residual: 45%
    Residual Value $19,323
    Rebate/Audi Loyalty: -$500
    Bank Fee: $625
    DMV Amount/Add: $553 / $16
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $38,680.93
    Term: 42 months
    Leas Money Factor: 0.00165
    Base Monthly Rental: $556.61
    Tax Rate/Amt: 9.7500% $54.27
    Total Monthly Payment: $610.88
    License Fee: $569 (how is this differnt than DMV amount)
    CA Tire Fee: $8.75
    Doc Fee: $45
    CapTax1 Rt/Amt: 9.7500% $378.70
    Customer Cash Down $5,000
    Total Working Cash $5,500
    Drive Off: $5,500

Any constructive advice or comments are welcome.

Thanks!
  • matthewjosephmatthewjoseph Member Posts: 1
    my thoughts on this deal is what dealer are you talking to or did you talk to because i would like to find a deal that good. thx
  • fikisportsfikisports Member Posts: 3
    Is the Audi Care something I should get? Or is it just another dealer add on to make $$$? Afterall, shouldn't a car just need regular oil changes in the first 42 months? I feel as if I will be paying for something I don't need and be paying finance charges on top of the amount the dealer is charging for the Audi care.
  • lmariorodlmariorod Member Posts: 21
    Hi. Audicare is additional monies for the dealer but you might be better off getting it rather than not. The Oil changes are with synthetic oil and I believe you get 4 of them included as well as cabin filters and general check ups, car wash and recalls if any.
    You'll possibly be eligible for a loaner, depending on your dealer. Also your residual on a lease is a point or 2 higher.

The 5K oil change and tire rotation is free or rather paid for by Audi coporate and the others are included in Audicare @ 15K, 25K, 35K and 45K. You can think about it and get after your first free 5K that way it won't be included in your payment with interest. Try negotiating Audi care, the closer you pay to invoice the harder it is to negotitate Audicare. Good Luck.
  • deborah512deborah512 Member Posts: 3
    I'm also in Northern CA and am getting nowhere working with Marin dealership. Can you tell me where you got this deal? Thanks!
  • deborah512deborah512 Member Posts: 3
    I'm also in Northern CA and am getting nowhere working with Marin dealership. Can you tell me where you got this deal? Thanks!
  • biggerdaddynjbiggerdaddynj Member Posts: 17
    Just picked up a new Q5 on Friday (nearly went with the Acura RDX ((more bang for the buck)) but the Audi was just so much nicer--the ride and the vehicle itself): base model ("premium") w/o sunroof (have had sunroofs in my cars for the last 10 years and can count on both hands the number of times I've used 'em)--only add-ons were heated seats and the metallic paint. Invoice on the vehicle was $36,808 and I paid $36,000 (they "threw in" all-weather mats and agreed to sell me the road hazard plan at cost--ended up not purchasing it though). Love the car. However, I was wondering what everyone thought about the deal--for what it's worth, when I gave the number to a salesperson at another Audi dealer she told me to buy it ASAP--she said it was a great price. That said, I always feel like I could have done better. Any thoughts???
    No doubt that's a great price. You were probably out the door under 40K with tax and DMV fees. The rest of us were out the door at 43K plus. However having paid $40,125 for the Premium Plus and the long list of included items, I could not see getting just the "Premium".

The Premium Plus has those awesome LED DRL that just sets the Q5 apart from all others. The Xenon lights, power liftgate, Bluetooth, Homelink, IPOD, SD card, memory seats, power folding and dimming mirrors and the Panoramic moonroof.( We loved the huge Pano roof, particularly while enjoying the trees change in the fall around the Catskills and Adirondack mountains.

Enjoy your new Q baby, at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you did not pay what most of us did.
  • pijysterpijyster Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    Newport Auto Center, Premium Plus + Nav ($3000) + 19" rims ($800)

I believe invoice is $43,529, which is what I paid. Lets add it all up:

$43529 + $3822.38 (Sales Tax) + $790 (Audicare) + $55 (Doc Prep Fee) + $599.75 (License, Reg, Cal Tire Fees) = $48,796

Did I get raped or is this about right?
  • ostrich001ostrich001 Member Posts: 13
    $43529 for Premium Plus + Nav + 19 rims? That is a wonderful price! I could never get that in my area (Ohio). From what I have read, the price is generally better along the coastal areas (CA, MA, NY) than that in the middle.... sigh!
  • biggerdaddynjbiggerdaddynj Member Posts: 17
    Although I got out the door under 40K (39,175 to be exact), I'm jealous because I would have loved those upgrades!!! Unfortunately, 36K was the price point the boss approved (can't blame her for exercising some fiscal restraint!!). That said, I bought "the cheapest house" on a damn nice block (2 salespeople from competitors were amazed at the price I got--especially with inventorys so low). However, you have to realize that my other option was the Acura RDX SH-AWD (w/o the tech package--I decided I didn't need "HAL 9000" in my car). In the end, I think the extra $3,500 for the Audi was money well spent--love the ride (could have nabbed an RDX SH-AWD for $32,500). Thanks for the response. Much appreciated!!!
  • jchennhjchennh Member Posts: 1
    Today I went to Audi dealer and test drive a Q5. I liked ride. The Q5 I am looking for is: premium plus + nav, dealer showed me one with premium plus + nas, maybe a little extra stuff. His MSRP is: 47930, will to take 1800 off 47930. What is a fair market price? Thanks
  • uppereastsideruppereastsider Member Posts: 9
    But I can't decide if I want the rx350 or the q5.
    of course this had the prem. package navigation and a few other extras.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    Wife had 2 RX300 and 1 RX350.

Has the Q5 Prestige. Says she would never go back to Lexus.

Enough said.

I have had 3 LS430 and 1 LS460 and have A8L. Would never go back to Lexus.

Just MHO.
    Get the Lexus! If you're on the fence about these two vehicles, then you have no regard about driving performance or handling qualities. The Lexus will provide you with a nice interior, more cargo room, creamy ride, better deal & you'll have lots of similar company on the road.
    The Q5 is a sportier ride with better driving dynamics for those wanting a great driving/performing CUV.
  • marvelmmarvelm Member Posts: 28
    You got a great price. Question: how hard/ easy did you haggle to get that price? I live near newport beach and am thinking of getting a Q5 with the same options as yours. Thanks.
  • ajay2ajay2 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a 2010 q5 (live in austin). looks like we are settling on the premium plus +/- nav. looking at edmuns, car and driver expect to pay around 41- 44k (nav inc) plus ttl? is that the experiences of the listserve? any advice is great.
  • james169james169 Member Posts: 6
    I thought I would pass on our experiences in the Northern Virginia area getting a 2010 Q5. First, there is little to no inventory of 2010's left so you don't have a lot to choose from. It also sounds like it could be a couple of weeks before any of the 2011's start rolling in. Don't know if they just don't want to order more or there are none to be ordered. I am assuming both factor in.

The local dealers were all over the map. The one with the largest inventory was the least willing to work on price while the one with only 1 left on the lot was eager to move it. We wanted a Premium plus w/o Nav and ended up with a Prestige because they were willing to sell it for less than inventory and barely above dealer. Our final deal was $46,640 + taxes, title. That includes the $500 BMW owner discount but they also threw in the trunk liner - the only thing left that wasn't included that we could get added as part of the bargain. The next best offers we were able to get from other dealers put us in at $41k+ for Premium w/o Nav and $45k+ w/Nav. While we don't need all the gadgets, the combination of price, color and ease of negotiations made us jump for the Prestige.

Hope that helps someone out in getting a good deal. All in all, a very easy and enjoyable experience. We test drove one, visited a second that had the most inventory then called all the rest nearby. I think it was partly luck, but clearly the fewer they had on the lot they more they were willing to quote decent prices over the phone. Our guy essentially gave us his best deal over the phone which he said was simply the best they could do. Like I said, we got them to through in the liner but it didn't feel like they were going to go below dealer to sell us the car, nor do I think anyone in this region would right now.
  • tjdoddtjdodd Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    This is a 2010 Audi Q5 3.2 auto quattro
    Meteor gray
    Black interior
    Premium plus package
    Navigation package (this package gets you the parking sensors and backup camera as well!)
    Wheel lock kit
    MSRP $45,780
    Invoice $43,402
    Your price $43,402

Lease
    36 months/12,000 miles per year
    Total drive off $309 (normally there would be a higher drive off but I rolled all upfront fees into the payment)
    Monthly payment $710 plus tax.
  • pencilholderpencilholder Member Posts: 4
    Just signed a very similar deal here in the NYC area. Quartz grey, premium plus, navi. $43,400. Thinking I could've gotten a couple hundred more off, as there are a few like this around, but figured I'd just make things easy on myself and take it.
  • authrdauthrd Member Posts: 5
    All,

I have been reading your comments and now finally at a point where I need to make a decision.

I am getting a used (not certified) 2009 Q5 Prestige (about 20000 miles) for $38500.

Do you think this is a fair deal?

Please help...
  • oneo10oneo10 Member Posts: 10
    Anyone know the prices for the 2011 model, I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    Thanks in advance.
  • manupmanup Member Posts: 24
    Go to this link at the Audiworld forum and there is a pdf file someone attached to a comment. It's the 2011 Audi order guide, Q5 prices are on page 29 or 30. :)

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2785538
  • builder2builder2 Member Posts: 7
    I know you can deduct the sales tax on a new car and can't on used so if new was close to the price of used + tax I'd buy new for that reason.
  • james169james169 Member Posts: 6
    If your federal sales taxes are greater than your income taxes, that might be true, but there is no specific federal deduction for car sales taxes. The deduction for new cars as part of the stimulus bill expired at the end of 2009.
  • staren937staren937 Member Posts: 3
    I'm getting quoted at $45,100 for a Q5 premium plus with Nav / upgraded sound / floor mats, premium paint in Chicago. It looks like the deals on the coasts are better but is this a good price for the Midwest or should I push harder?
    If this is for a 2010, I'd haggle a bit more. Say $44,500, afterall the 2011's are weeks away if not already in some dealerships. The 2011 will have the 2.0T which will give you better mileage. If you must take it now and they'll not budge, have them throw in Audicare to finalize the deal. They're charging close to $800 for that now and some dealerships will include it to close a deal. Good Luck.
  • staren937staren937 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. I think I'm going to get a 2011 Q5 Premium Plus with nav / upgraded sound / floor mats for $500 above invoice. Does this seem like a good deal?
  • authrdauthrd Member Posts: 5
    2011 2.0T Q5
    Premium Plus
    Audi MMI Nav Pkg
    Bang & Olufsen
    All weather floor mats

$300 below invoice (invoice as shown on KBB) with Audi Care Plan thrown in free of cost

Think I got a good deal, pretty satisfied.
  • eskladeresklader Member Posts: 2
    I am in the DC area, and looking at the 2011 2.0 Q5 with the Premium Plus package, no nav. The The only car they can get in the near future in the color I want (brown) has the all weather floor mats, which is fin, but adds another $240 to the MSRP.. Best deal I have been able to get them to agree to is $1500 off MSRP, which is about $1200 over invoice. If I look at Edmunds data from 2010, and even some of the posts here, people were paying just slightly over invoice. Am I doomed to pay the price they are asking because it is a new and seemingly hot model? Or should I be haggling some more?

Thanks -
    That's a tough call, as it varies from dealer to dealer. The best deal now will be on the 2010's to clear them, but most of those are already gone. You may need to widen your search.

I see where Audi in Greenwich Conn. has 14 2011 Q'5 2.0 and one in Teak Brown for MSRP $44,600. I had to go to Jersey for mine and I live in NY. That's not as bad as DC to Conn. but I was able to get mine the next day.

That nice Brown Teak will be new for 2011 and dealers will not have many, therefore expect to pay closer to MSRP than Invoice, they know someone will pay because it's a nice color and hot CUV IMO. Good Luck.
  • asingh1asingh1 Member Posts: 1
    After dealing with multiple dealers to FIND my car managed to swing:

2011 Q5 3.2 Prem. Plus-- S-line with upgraded B & O Sound
    Ibis White
    MSRP: $49,025
    Invoice: $45,885
    MY PRICE: $46,750 ($865 above invoice)

Im still trying to get them to throw in AudiCare.....Im ok with the price considering there is only 1 White S-line on the east coast. What do you guys think?
  • tylerg5tylerg5 Member Posts: 2
    I think that is a good price, I am getting quotes for $1k more. Did you have to haggle or did you go through any program (Costco Auto, AAA AUto, Amex etc..?) . I am in So Cal as well and looking into buying. May I ask who did you deal with, maybe I should go to that person to make things easier.
  • gsr8gsr8 Member Posts: 18
    Practically every dealer in San Diego area are willing to deal on remaining 2010's. My personal recommendation is Hoehn Audi - excellent service department, and salespeople will work with you. Audi of Escondido or Mission Viejo Audi are other fine choices. You could easily get $3,000 off on a 2010 3.2 PremPlus+Nav+19"+Metallic color (MSRP $46,500); and another $1,000 off if you are a current Audi owner (loyalty rebate).
  • ween57ween57 Member Posts: 7
    I picked up a lease on a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium with Panoramic Roof, Ipod, Heated seats, Floor Mats, Bluetooth for $3500 out of pocket and $497 payment per month today in NJ. I love the car and was in between the Q5 and GLK 350 for weeks but glad I ultimately ended up in the Q5. I wanted feedback on this deal from the forum to see if I got a good price. It is a 42 month lease. I didn't take the Audi Cares package for maintenance either. Thanks
  • basad1basad1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello - that sounds like a very good deal. How did you like the 2.0T versus the 6 cylinder? How much did you end up paying with this deal you received and where did you purchase the car?

Thanks,
  • eskladeresklader Member Posts: 2
    After a number of false starts, bought my 2011 Q5 2.0 with Premium Plus and all weather mats (no nav) for $1500 off of MSRP, in the elusive brown teak metallic. Yay!!
    Great! Enjoy! After a couple of weeks or months, write a review. We'd like to know about the 2.0T as all of us from '09, '10 have the 3.2. What was your out the door price?