Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dogpatchdogpatch Member Posts: 2
    Hi authrd. Looks like you got an incredible deal!! Can you refer me to your dealer? I'd be eternally grateful!!!
  • tvevans1tvevans1 Member Posts: 2
    Ween57, how may miles per year? Does the $497 include tax? Keep in mind the Audi Care package increases the residual value by 1% so it's a pretty good deal.
  • authrdauthrd Member Posts: 5
    Thanks, dogpatch. I have been driving my 2011 2.0T Q for a couple of weeks. Beautiful ride, very quiet, feels very safe when driving, listening to Siruis on my B&O system is incredible :-)

BTW, Dealer was Bell Audi in Edison, NJ
    basad1,

I love driving it, can barely hear the engine even when drive up a ramp. And I am glad I did not compromise on the 3 things I really wanted: prem plus, nav and B&O..

I ended up getting 2-year (up to 85k miles) extended warranty as well..total on the road came close to 47k (includes everything: tax, registration, ext warr,etc)
  • staren937staren937 Member Posts: 3
    I'm confused. Invoice as configured on your car looked like $41.3k so your base price should have been $41k. How did you get from there all the way up to $47? My total out the door price was $49.3k (for 3.2 w/ nav / b&o / rear airbags / floor mats) including all taxes / fees (and I live in Chicago so not a cheap tax environtment).
    I think I mentioned that I chose 2-yr extended warranty (that came to about $2500)...add sales tax, 4-yr registration...
  • snakiebite1000snakiebite1000 Member Posts: 11
    This board has been somewhat helpful even though it's hard to find the 2.0T Q5s now.

Got:
    2011 Q5 2.0T
    - Premium Plus
    - Audi MMI Navigation Plus
    - 19" Five-Arm Wheels
    - All weather mats w/ trunk liner
    - Wheel Locks
    MSRP - $44,395 (technicaly it was $44,815 because they threw in the mats on the order.)
    Invoice - $41,348
    Got - $42,500

They "say" they are only making just shy of $400, but I calculated more like $744 becuase truecar.com shows a $408 ad fee for my area with Audi.

Not happy with the deal, but only 3 dealrships in an hour radius had the car I wanted regardless of color... and only 2 were willing to deal over the phone. Trued to through in Audi care or any after purchase items, but no dice.

This car has like a lot life of less then 1 week. especially with the P+ w/ nav option. mine had all the wrappings and was filthy coming from the port. My dealer sold almost all the 2.0T P+ models since 2 weeks ago when they arrived form port. 1 left now.

I wish to add... if I were some loving dad who wanted to get a lux car for the college bound kid or just simply doesn't have a wife who like creature comforts. The base 2.0T is a great deal since the dealers had a boat load more of those and were willing to make a better deal.
  • ween57ween57 Member Posts: 7
    10,000 miles per year. $497 is the total monthly lease payment including tax. I got it from Jack Daniels up in Paramus NJ. I walked out of the dealership paying $3,500. I haven't had the 2.0t out on the highway much yet but after a few more days driving it i'll write up a review. So far its a great car although I opted not to get a ton of extra bells and whistles to help contain the cost. I will also upload some pics soon too.
  • bnlitinbnlitin Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a 2011 Q5 3.2L with Navigation, Bang &Olufsen Audio.

My local dealer is Stevens Creek Audi (San Jose, California) and they have a few 2010 models leftover.

I got the following quote from Costco Auto Program for a Q5 2011:

* Engine/Fuel:
    * 3.2L/195 Gas V6
    * Transmission:
    * Tiptronic Speed Automatic
    * Door/Body Style:
    * 4 door
    * Drive Type:
    * All wheel drive
    * Manufacturer Code:
    * 8RB5EL-2

Selected Options:

Available options may vary. Please check with your Authorized Dealer Contact for specifics.

* PREMIUM PLUS PKG
    * CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS
    * FRONT LICENSE PLATE HOLDER
    * IBIS WHITE
    * STANDARD PAINT
    * CARDAMOM, LEATHER SEATING SURFACES
    * BANG & OLUFSEN AM/FM/MP3 SOUND SYSTEM
    * AUDI MMI NAVIGATION PLUS PKG
    * REAR SIDE AIRBAGS
    * ALL WEATHER FRONT & REAR FLOOR MATS W/TRUNK LINER
    * WHEEL LOCKS

Total= $44,603 (without Tax, Title, or Registration)

Is this a good price? Are there any differences between 2010 and 2011?
    Also, is there any advantage to the more expensive Metallic paint?
    edited August 2010
    I calculated off of Edmunds that your MSRP is $47,895 and your invoice is $44,603. So I am asusming you are getitng this at invoice pricing. Since Audi usually doesn't give much of a holdback to the dealers, I would say this is as good of a price as you are going to get.

As for paint, it's more money because it's a mettalic or pearl mixed paint. Not really better... alhough some people think so. Just go with the color you like.
    edited August 2010
    I can't seem to edit my own post. Wierd. So this reply will have to do.

Since it has been driving me nuts how people can get $500 or less over invoice, I realized a few things.

I bought the 2011 Q5 2.0T (P+, NAV, 19" wheels, mats, wheel locks):
    MSRP: $44,395
    Invoice: $41,348
    Got - $42,500 ($1152 over invoice)

In addition I paid for:
    - NY sales tax $3,655.63 (legit)
    - NY Inspection $10 (not sure why I need to pay for this)
    - NY Tire Waste Fee $12.50 (legit)
    - Registration Fee $228.50 (legit based on the NY DMV website for dealers.)
    - Doc fee to pay to billing $75 (Tried to tell them to take it off. but he was stubborn)

I saw no mention of Regional Ad fees ($408 for NYC market), or prep/dock fees ($195) so instead of $1152 over invoice, am I paying $549 over invoice compared to someone who might go through Costco or AMEX?

I consider the doc fee and inspection fee operational expenses all dealers should absorb like how I run my business (unlike what Audi or state bills the dealer), so in my eyes I see this more like $634 over invoice.

All these pricings are all very confusing unless you get the entire deal sheet.

Regardless, I still didn't get $500 or less over invoice like many people... The agony of defeat.
  • hikeleaderhikeleader Member Posts: 12
    2011 Audi Q5 Premium Plus 2.0

MRSP $40,275 including destination charge
    Sale Price $38,200
    Money Factor .0019 (4.6%)
    Residual Value 49% ($19,734.75)
    Acquisition/Bank Fee $625
    Dealer Doc Fee $349
    Other Fees (such as DMV, tire, etc…) $371

Questions:
    This a good deal?
    Is there a disposition fee typically? Gap coverage?
    Can I get a better MF if I put down a deposit?
    Does anyone know the August MF yet?
    I posted before but wanted to put up all the details since I have the lease agreement in front of me now.

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium 42 month 10,000 miles per year from Northern NJ (Jack Daniels Audi)

Options:
    Panorama Sunroof, Bluetooth & Homelink Pkg, Heated Seats, Ipod Cable, All weather mats. Black w/ Black interior

MSRP $39,215
    Invoice w/Options $36,533
    Final Selling Price $37,213 (they add $195 for etching)

My lease is based on a price $2,001 under MSRP and $680 over invoice.

Amount due at signing $3,506 ($625 acquisition, $497 1st month pmt, $157 cap cost reduction, $371 registration, $1,537 NJ sales tax, $299 Doc fee, $7.50 tire fee)

Rent Charge - $4,615
    Residual Value - $20,783.95

I figured out the money factor to be .0019
    42 payments of $497.34

How did I do here?? I am thinking I could've negotiated into a Premium Plus and maybe paid $25 a month more or so just based people posting that they are getting that car for roughly $1000 more than I paid for this one. My only regret. Otherwise the car is beautiful and I love driving it. Any input from the experts is greatly appreciated so thanks!!
  • nly1nly1 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    Just got my last week, on 7/29. for my wife and she like these color combo White with Beige interior. Most of Audi come with BLACK interior and I dont know why. anyway, I tried couple dealer in the SF bay area and none of them has this kind of color combo they said they could not find one like this entire US or in factory unless I have to wait for special order.

MSRP $50.895
    Invoice $47394
    My price $48715 plus Audi care (maintainance up to 45K miles) plus TTL, total out the door is $55K, is it a good deal or not?
    Thanks.
    edited August 2010
    So you got $1321 over invoice for Prestige, mats, and wheel locks based on your invoice.... Alot of people were getting close to $500 over invoice for the Q5 in general... but I noticed they were mostly all for easier to find premium 2.0T models were a few options thrown in. Definitely alot more of those around. I am guessing dealers were trying to lower the entry point for those wanting a Q5.

Not going to figure out how much you paid for the other stuff... and any fees... but sounds like you didn't get a steal, but can't say you did badly. I would say, just about right.
  • googlelovergooglelover Member Posts: 3
    Today I got price from my local dealer
    Q5 2.0T with Premium Plus package - $39000 deep sea blue and $38,525 for the white one. MSRP on the Q5 premium plus is $40,750. Is this a good deal? What do you think?
    MRSP on that is $40,275, 40,515 if you throw in floor mats.
    I just got 38,200 for Black 2.0 w/ floor mats.
    According to Edmunds 2011 Q5 2.0T in Deep Sea Blue Pearl Effect MSRP price $40,750. Should I ask for Audi care included? Or just floor mats and wheel locks
    My bad, I missed the paint upcharge!
    I tried to get Audi care but they wouldn't go for it.
    No harm in asking for all three! Worst thing they say no!
    I think if you got the 2.0T in deep sea blue w/ P+ for $39000, then that would be $1040 over invoice. I think you can do better. If you can get them to throw in the mats, locks, and audi care, then you are $47 under invoice (that would be super sweet on a 2011 model).

I am fairly sure you can get them to add in the mats and wheel locks... every dealer I was working with was willing to throw those into the price. Not Audi care. I heard the cost to the dealer for Audi Care was $450 or $400. Not sure why all of them refused to add in that into the price... even the ones who were quoting me $1500 over invoice. So with just the mats and wheel locks thrown in, that brings you at $743 over invoice which would be more in line to what people consider a good deal with that option.

Make sure the deal sheet doesn't have prep charges ($195) or regional ad fees (varies) for prices above $500 over invoice... or else you should look for a better deal.
    Nice price hikeleader. $460 over invoice. That was the sort of price I was looking for in my area :(
    All:
    Just concluded a very good deal tonight.

2011 Audi Q5 Premium Plus 2.0
    Plus: Floor Mats and Cargo Mat
    Cost: $37,700 (Yes, under invoice)

I decided that the current lease offerings from Audi were no good so I paid cash.

Bear in mind of course that my trade my have affected this but this dealer did give me the highest trade in value of any dealer I saw.

The transaction was VERY easy and absolutely no BS. No window etching, no visit with the finance manager, no "let me check with my manager" etc.

PM me if you want more info.
    Wow... that is sweet. A brand new 2011 2.0T P+ for just under invoice. You really can't beat that. Very good job. Mucho credo to you.
    edited August 2010
    Finaly I got my order on 2011 Q5 2.0T with Premium Plus, Black/Cinnamon, Floor Mats and Trunk Liner, Wheel Locks for $38,525 + reg plate $276.50 + appl fee $75 + tax $3419 = $42.295.50
    Incredibly I still have another dealer trying to steal the order away for $400 more...but I'm done. Deals a deal. Goes to show you guys to be patient and pit these guys against each other. Also, if you want to lease, don't even mention it. Negotiate as a cash buyer first.
  • eugeneflimeugeneflim Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I've been shopping around for Q5, lightly loaded, and got a decent price, but the dealer is also adding $201 Advertising tax, $195 PDI inspection at port and some other fees. Are these negotiable? Should I try to get them removed?
    Thanks....
  • fabmiafabmia Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    I got the following deal on a q5 lease yesterday:

2010 Audi Quatro Triptonic msrp 37350.00
    Premium plus 4050.00
    Navigation 3000.00
    running Board 1990.00
    19 inch wheels 800.00
    wheel lock 80.00
    Destination Charge 800.00

Total Msrp 48095.00 Usd + Audi Total Care

1000 Usd down plus first month payment + tag = 1800 Usd down

660 per month plus tax 7 % ona 42 months lease - Including Audi total care.

Let me know what you think
    The only fees in my opinion you should pay are dealer doc fees that range from $75 to $249 and License/Registration Fees.
    Anything else is always negotiable. It's not cool for them to pass on their costs of doing business to you.
    Keep shopping around and make sure they don't include those fees!
    I agree. Good deal. Roughly $700 over invocie. And as you pointed out, no other large fees like ads and prep.
    I agree with hikeleader.. but keep in mind that it really depends on what you negociated over invoice. If you got invoice pricing, then I can see why the dealer might add the other fees back in to make a deal. The general feel is that if you can get $500 or less over invoice without those two fees, then it's a great deal. If supply is limited for the number of options you are asking for (like in my case), then $1000 over invoice without those fees are good deals. Can't say great, but for now, supply is tight for fully loaded 20T so what can I say.
    can't really comment on your deal... but my understanding is that you need to let people know the price you negociated, depreciation numbers, and I think the MF. Not sure how it's all calculated, but I am sure someone knows.
  • nly1nly1 Member Posts: 3
    There are none available 2011 Q5 with White and Beige interrior. the Prestige, package come with: push start, hot/cold cup holder, B/O system, S-line, Pan roof, and alot more options.
    MSRP is 42,500 + floormat (240)+ wheel lock (80)+ audicare (790)+ Prestige (7520)+TTL= 56.5K
    Invoice is 39526+ floormat (223)+ wheel lock (74)+ audicare (790)+ Prestige (6696)+TTL=53K
    I paid 55K, it a little high for color and package combo. I got 2.9% for purchase loan and not sure it high rate or not. But the car is awsome and so far so good. learn alot on this site.
    Picking up my Q5 today after work.
    My final deal was:
    2011 Premium Plus 2.0 Black/Black + Floor and Cargo Mats
    $37,700 (Invoice = $37,740)
    Tire tax: $7.50
    Registration and transfer tags: $199
    Doc Fee: $249

No other charges whatsoever.

If you want the name of the dealer and salesman PM me. They were very easy to work with.
  • eugeneflimeugeneflim Member Posts: 2
    @hikeleader
    I am missing something, can't find PM button, interested in the dealer name/phone/contact, can you please PM it to me? First timer here, can't figure out forum tools...
    Gino
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

There is no PM function in our forums. You may e-mail other members through your CarSpace e-mail account. Click on the My CarSpace button above to access e-mail.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Sent you a note via the "friend" function.

Picked up the Q5 last night. Wow is all I can say. Got onto highway and looked down and I was doing 90. Eek! (Yes I slowed down then!)
  • tylerg5tylerg5 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    I was looking at used but saw people were asking a lot, Carmax Los Angeles is selling it for 43k plus (the car had 6k miles) with only 18" wheels. It was not a good deal considering it was used.

Got a NEW 2010 premium plus 3.2 with Nav, 19" wheels, Wheel Lock, Trailer hitch (I don't need it and said they can remove it but they said it would take more to remove it so they left it in) and ski racks (which just happened to be in the cargo area...sweet!).

I had $1k off (Audi loyalty) since I paid cash, OTD (including tax/title/license and Audi Care) 47,098. (note: they can't tax you for Audicare). They offered a lease but when I did the nos. it would come to 52k and with bank interest so low, I won't be able to recoup that 5k in 3 years. I put in 5k (max amount allowed by the dealership) on my credit card (to get some cash rebate).

Asked them to throw in Audicare (worth $790) which they did. I wanted a Blk/Cinnamon combo which was hard to find. Another dealer has 2011 Blk/Cinnamon but when I first went there (they didn't have it then) he told me "prices only go up" NOT for cars, they depreciate!

My suggestion is go through Costco or AAA Auto Program. Its a no obligation quote (unfortunately you have to go to the dealership). I didn't haggle then bec they didn't have the package I want. They offered to get it but I think that would cost me more. So I waited and waited.. I already have a figure in my head, what I was willing to pay for. Then I went the last day of the month, after lunch to another dealer that had the color I wanted. They want to meet their quota for the month so they will be more accomodating. Keep in mind you are the customer, don't get intimidated, that is your hard earned money. If we keep acting like they are doing us a favor, this will never stop. Ask that they throw in Audicare (I think that is easier for them to hide than if you asked to pay less). Like home builders nowadays, they don't want their "selling price" to be recorded low to protect their value, so they would rather give you extras (upgrades etc..).

I think I got a fair deal, maybe not the best. But I didn't want to settle for another color/option. A 2011 would have been nice but this is good enough, considering I was looking at buying used in the first place.

Good luck!
  • mattuopmattuop Member Posts: 1
    Today is the first day the American express car buyer website listed the 2011 Q5. What's nice about the site is that it shows you the price a dealer in your area will give you with your option and trim choice. Free to use and no sign up required...but you will probably need to show proof of Amex card at time of purchase. The price here in San Diego was $500 over invoice on what I wanted. Check it out.
    http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html
  • phrozenn_heatphrozenn_heat Member Posts: 1
    I am new here and I would appreciate if you can send me a note via "friend" function for the name of the dealership, city, state and salesman.
  • wmw6608wmw6608 Member Posts: 1
    Where did you get this good deal?
  • chipman54chipman54 Member Posts: 3
    Purchased one today in Virginia at $44,900 for 3.2,Non-Matalic Paint Nav, B&O, Mats + Audi Care inclusive. (Really billed the car at $41,110 + $790 for Audi care) High dealer fees $399, but offset the trade in by $300 to lower fee to $99. Another dealer quoted $46,327 for the same car in Brilliant Silver today. One Sales rep commented it was employee pricing at about $600 below invoice. There seems to be some territorial price war among some dealers in the Mid Atlantic and others are not discounting due to limited supply - key is to shop and know your deals.

2011 Q5 3.2 is a major upgrade from 2010 in body style and features.
  • chipman54chipman54 Member Posts: 3
  • canyondogcanyondog Member Posts: 4
    After talking to three Audi dealerships in St. Louis and three in Chicago I finally put a deposit down on a 2011 Q5. Premium pkg with sunroof. Black with beige interior. 36 month lease/15 thousand miles. Car listed for 37,525. I got em down to 35,450 with free Audi care. Money factor00170, Residual 19750. 549.45 month, 589.00 month with tax. Don't let these clowns intimidate you. Do your homework, insist on no Audi care. Every salesperson I dealt with was lazy, only wanted to sell what was on their lot. Caught them all trying to B.S. me..The dealerships atmosphere was pretentious and they want you to believe that they are doing you a favor buy letting them sell you a car. I love the Q5, the Audi people suck. Btw , no security deposit required,no down payment. There is an Acquisition fee,first payment due at signing. Out the door at signing...1548.77 Best of luck to you!
  • audieddyaudieddy Member Posts: 52
    Yo
    Canyon dog. That is a great price and I am shooting for a similar model (plus blue tooth and heated seats). I will be buying and not leasing however. Did your price include any Audi loyalty rebate? If you are current lessee or owner of an audi you are eligible for a 1500 rebate on a purchase (may be less on a lease). If you didn't get the rebate, that means an audi owner might be able to get the same model for under 34,000 which would be a helluva deal. Just wondering.

Funny, I would never have thought about this car but got it as a loaner and my wife fell in love with it. Now I need to negotiate a good price to justify.
    No I have never owned an Audi, so do not qualify for loyalty rebate. Now that I have given them a deposit, they continue to try to get me to take another Q5 with more options. They tell me, " great news! We have one coming in next week. It has all kind of neat stuff on it!" They JUST HATE LOOKING FOR THE CAR I WANT BECAUSE IT'S NOT ON THEIR LOT AND BY GOD THEY'LL HAVE TO EXERT THEMSELVES TO FIND THE ONE I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha! I love beating them at their little games at every turn. Almost as much fun as the new car smell!
  • lmariorodlmariorod Member Posts: 21
    Hi. Sounds like you don't yet have the car, just placed a deposit. They're probably not done messing with you. I would not laugh till it's in your driveway!
    Latest update.......Dealer calls and says he has a car coming in Monday! He states"only problem is, it is silver, not black and has heated seats." Then he went on to tell me that the silver paint cost an additional 450, or 475, can't remember. Also the heated seats will cost you an additional 450. I told him no, keep looking for the vehicle I asked for. He calls me back an hour later and tells me if I take the car, they will not charge me for the paint and heated seats. Crazy huh? I said o.k., I'll take the freebies. I know you think I sound cocky laughing at these crooks but I can't help it. Good luck to you in dealing with the Audi clowns!
  • lmariorodlmariorod Member Posts: 21
    As I stated, they're not done messing with you and you've yet to deal with the ringmaster and biggest clown of all, the Finance guy! He still has a couple of hoops he'll want you to jump thru before he lets you drive away. Expect so called issues with the leasing company next etc.etc...Don't let them wear you down...Best of Luck!!
  • kmastejkmastej Member Posts: 6
    This is what I agreed to pay for a Black/Cinnamon 2.0 P+ with 19" all season tires 5 arm spoke, iPod interface w/cable and Navigation w/camera. On top of this is I also have to pay $190 Doc Fee, not included in the above price. With that, I had them give me a loaner for 10 days or so until this vehicle comes in, floor mats and trunk liner as well as donate $100 to my charity fundraiser. Does this sound like a good deal?
    This was a lease I did on a base model 2.0T. I would to see what you guys think of this deal:

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium 42 month 10,000 miles per year

Panorama Sunroof, Bluetooth & Homelink Pkg, Heated Seats, Ipod Cable, All weather mats. Black w/ Black interior

MSRP $39,215
    Invoice w/Options $36,533
    Final Selling Price $37,213 (they add $195 for etching)

My lease is based on a price $2,001 under MSRP and $680 over invoice.

Amount due at signing $3,506 ($625 acquisition, $497 1st month pmt, $157 cap cost reduction, $371 registration, $1,537 NJ sales tax, $299 Doc fee, $7.50 tire fee)

Rent Charge - $4,615
    Residual Value - $20,783.95

I figured out the money factor to be .0019
    42 payments of $497.34