Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• boltsdynastyboltsdynasty Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know the best Tier 1 financing rates available right now through Audi? I've seen 2.9% and 1.9% (both for 72 months) posted on two dealership websites, and am waiting to hear back from dealer I am negotiating with. Thanks.
    As a follow up to my prior post, I've been told I don't qualify for Audi's top finance rate because my prior car loan was for a smaller amount, so I don't have a "comparable loan" on my credit report. Does this sound legitimate, or merely an attempt to charge me a higher rate than that currently offered by Audi?
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    Why don't you check with your credit union? My CU (I'm in NY) is currently quoting 1.99% on 60 month loans & 2.49% on 61 to 72 month loans. The final APR may be lower than that because the CU rebates loan interest at the end of a good year; credit unions aren't allowed to book profits.

I'd rather give my loan business to my CU, anyway.
  • tyceccsutyceccsu Member Posts: 1
    boltsdynasty

Current Tier 1 Financing is as follows:

12 mo - 1.9%
    36 mo - 1.9%
    48 mo - 2.4%
    60 mo - 2.9%
  • zguzgu Member Posts: 10
    Do you have any deductible on extended warranty?
  • justinlijustinli Member Posts: 1
    Hi Kmchzstk,

2.0T premium plus + MMI navigation,
    invoice price = 32736+3906+2790=39432

Since you paid less than invoice, is your 42,209 the OTD price? Or it is just the price without title and tax?

Thanks.
    After weeks of negotiations, I just closed the deal on a new Q5 2.0T premium plus. Ended up getting the dealer down to $1750 off MSRP, and had to call ten different dealerships just to get that. This site was extremely helpful. Thanks to carman and everyone else for all the help!
  • akadmonakadmon Member Posts: 4
    Signed a contract today fro $1500 under MSRP at Acura of Burlington (Boston area). I know it's a couple hundred more than the True Market Price, but still -- I think we got decent deal, considering that I've read many accounts of Boston area dealers not willing to go less than $500 under MSRP (in fact that was this dealer's going in position, with our first offer being at $2000 under MSRP).

One thing that I'm uneasy about is that the dealer claims that Audi can raise the MSRP between now and the time we take ownership (we have to wait ~3 months for our Q5 to get built and shipped here), in which case I will be responsible for the difference. Is this legal for them to do, or should they be bound by the MSRP in effect at the time the contract was signed?
  • thejeanladythejeanlady Member Posts: 5
    Yes, where did they get this deal?? Did they write back to you offline or something??
    Looking for the same...
    Hoping for white w/blk interior but happy with any color, just best lease price!
  • vinnievegasvinnievegas Member Posts: 1
    I'm located in St Louis and spent the past two weeks checking all the car buying services for the best price (Amex, consumer reports, cars direct, capital one, etc.). Actually ended up with the best deal using true car.com. I didn't even know they had a zag partnership and didn't even have to sign up for anything. I did, however, have to play around with different zips from different nearby major cities to get the best deal. Ended up with an msrp of $48,280 and a dealer in Chicago giving me $2,000 off right off the bat. True car puts this in the "great" price range so I couldn't be happier. 3-4 months and I'll fly up there to drive mt new baby home. I highly recommend investigating the different group buying services and experimenting with different zips if you are willing to travel a little to get the best deal. It should cost me less than a hundred bucks to get up there. Not bad when I couldn't get any of the three dealers in St Louis below $500 off MSRP!
  • thejeanladythejeanlady Member Posts: 5
    Wow! Thanks VinnieVegas!
    Everyone in CA is not budging on the MSRP. I've been looking up and down the state. I think 1200 over MSRP is best people here seem to do.
    I just found out I need to turn in my current car this weekend so now I'm in a pinch.
    Thanks for your tip! I do feel better to know I would have needed to go to Chicago, which I would have LOVED to have planned!!, but doesn't fit in with the current scope of things.
  • hmsq5hmsq5 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2011
    Bought mine at a local Boston dealer in the past 2 weeks.

black/black 2.0 prem plus w/o navigation:

MSRP 40,275
    Invoice 37,909
    Price paid with $1500 loyalty incentive- $37,164.
    Finance 2.4%, 48 months. I'm a tier 1.

no car is worth waiting 4-5 months. Mine was at the port in RI and dellivered within 1 week.
  • avery1avery1 Member Posts: 373
    It was down to the Q5 and the XC60. Q5 a slightly better drive but the XC60 much better value. I test drive the Volvo late in the game so it might be a good fit some of you. It seems to me that Audi is creating an artificial scarcity to keep the prices up. Hopefully I won't regret the decision.
    I drove the q5, xc60 and others. while the volvo is fairly composed on the highway, it is fairly rough on the streets. i felt every small bumps and potholes much more on the xc60. the q5 readily outhandles the xc60. alot of smart people pay $$$ for the q5, they all can't be that obtuse.
    I have a vacation place in the mountains one mile down an unplowed road with a creek that overflows the bridge at times in the spring so there were other factors in my decision to get the XC60 that most don't have. If I didn't have this place the decision would have been much more difficult. I agree the Q5 is a better driving machine.
  • openedopened Member Posts: 10
    Finally got what I was looking for:
    MSRP: $40,275
    Negotiated price: $38,500 2011 Audi Q5 2.0 Premium Plus no navigation.
    Trade in car and the rest finance for 72 months 3.25%
    Did I get a good deal?
  • ravautoravauto Member Posts: 1
    I have been researching Audi prices and seems like the MSRP for Premium Plus is a minimum of $43,500 at all dealers I have seen in CA. The Audi website says the Premium Plus base model MSRP should be $39,400 but I have never seen that price at any of the dealerships here. Is there a reason for the prices to be higher here?

The prices I am getting for a Premium model (for the specific color I want) with pano sunroof is between $38,000 (from a remote dealer in SoCal) to $40,000 (from a local dealer). This is high but I am being told its either take this or wait for 3 - 5 months for a special order. Is the supply so low? Are these prices justified?

Any help on this appreciated!
    I think the q5 are way overpriced. We can blame the hype on the automotive press. Is the q5 a nice car? yes but so are alot of other compact SUVs. If it wasn't for the $1500 loyalty incentive which brought my '11 Q5 price $700 below invoice, I would not have bought this car.

My wife and I own a '11 RDX.. And while it's a little noisier and the interior a not as refined as the Q5; it's more agile, quicker, driver's friendly and packed with luxury features all for $8000 less.

To your question, most NE Q5 come with floor mats and a couple of other things so this raised the MSRP.

Paying $38,500 for a Q5 is fine but 3.25% for 72 mos is too high IMO. My dealer quoted me the same APR but I told him another dealer quoted 2.4% for 48 mos and he quickly said "Ok, I'll match it.". Audi dealership quality is still well below the standard such as BMW, ACura, cadillac, Lexus and Mercedes of the world.
  • lruffinlruffin Member Posts: 4
    Very interested in the Q5 and wanted to know your thoughts on purchasing a maintenance plan as part of the overall deal. I've read where some are able to get this included and some are charged the additional cost (i guess it really depends on your negotiating skills). Thanks for your time.
  • mdcarbuyer1mdcarbuyer1 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase a 2011 q5 2.0 premium plus, nav., 19 inch wheels and b&o- the msrp is $44,925- what should I expect to pay? Any advice would be appreciated.
  • ccjddccjdd Member Posts: 1
    Hi, thank u all that provided so much info. I don't knOw shall I buy glass cOat for $900? thanks..
  • coloradosuecoloradosue Member Posts: 4
    I just bought my Q5 2.0T Premium Plus through a Denver dealer and am picking it up at the factory in Ingolstadt in May. This is a great option if you combine it with a European vacation. I got an automatic 5% discount from MSRP, which saved us $2205 off the 44,105 MSRP list price. I got to order exactly what I want besides. The EDP has some extras, besides. We get a free hotel night in Ingolstadt, personal delivery, a factory tour, and a visit to the Audi museum. We get free meals the day of delivery as well. The program included 15 days of auto insurance so we can test it out on the German Autobahn. We'll drop it off in Frankfurt and Audi will ship it to the dealer for final delivery to us.
    This is a good deal for us because we were planning to go to Europe with our sons this spring. Now we get to have a great experience, save on a rental car, and save on my car price as well.
    One thing I noticed is that the salesmen are not high on this option. I'm not sure if it is because of reduced commissions or the fact that commissions are delayed. We had to ask for this and then research it ourselves. All of the information is on the Audi website. I told another woman in the showroom about it and she's going to do it as well since her husband travels to Europe for his job. After she left, her salesman told me he would rather she bought one directly.

Bottom line, if you are patient, can wait for your car, and can combine this with a vacation, it is a great deal!
    Does Audi pay for your ticket to and from Europe? I was down to the Q5 and the VolvoXC60 and took the European delivery on the Volvo. The Audi dealer was vague when I asked if Audi had a similar program.
  • ratneshratnesh Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Where did you buy in CA? I'm looking for advise in and around Sacramento area. Any help is much appreciated. Looking for Q5 2.0T with Premium Plus/Nav/19/Black on Black/Bang & Olufsen. I got a quote for $42,470 (with destination and 6% Audi Supplier Discount). Anybody think I can go lower than this?
  • ratneshratnesh Member Posts: 2
    2.0P+ doesn't come with rear camera, does it? I thought it was only offered with 3.2. I might be wrong. Can you confirm
  • heidicheidic Member Posts: 1
    Would you mind telling me which Boston dealership you got the car for that price? I'm looking for the same car and was quoted 39,700. The dealer won't budge at all!
  • bluebmxbluebmx Member Posts: 15
    Congratulation. I am interested in same configurations as yours. Do you mind to email me more infor on the dealer? Thanks.
  • beal06beal06 Member Posts: 5
    I plan to order a 2.0 Q5 with NAV, tow hitch and a few other extra features. The tow hitch is actually about $700 cheaper from the factory. Does anyone know if audi plans to increase their prices? If so, how much? It is not difficult to notice raw materials have gone up significantly in last few months. Dealer said it would probably not go up more than 1.5% because they are not making significant changes to the vehicle. Any info would be appreciated.
  • jolietjayjolietjay Member Posts: 3
    I just test drove a 2.0TP+ and it had the back-up camera.
  • bespokebespoke Member Posts: 5
    Recently test drove the Q5 at Audi Westwood MA. Since the 2011 Q5s are no longer available, the dealer offered a $500 discount off the MSRP for 2012 Audi Q5 2.0 OT Premium Plus if I place the order (2012 Q5s should be available in late summer). The MSRP is unknown but, was informed that it should only be a little higher than the 2011 MSRP of $35,200.00 for the base 2.0 OT and with Premium Plus, add another $4,200 to the base which would $39,400.00 total excluding fees (destination, tax, ...etc.). I assume the 2012 Q5 premium plus would be around $40,000 for MSRP. With $500 discount, I would be paying $39,500.00. Is this a good deal? Has anyone else placed an order for the 2012 Q5?
  • autosearchingautosearching Member Posts: 3
    I just went to Audi in Westwood as well and they were all out. They are taking order for the 2012, but I did not really inquire too much about it. They told me to expect up to a 3% increase in price. I don't feel comfortable placing an order or putting down a deposit without knowing the price. Essentially, you would lose any negotiation power. Did they tell you how much a deposit would be?
  • ndf29ndf29 Member Posts: 3
    Is anyone else experiencing poor gas mileage per gallon in city driving. I love the car but am very disappointed in the gas mileage that I'm getting. I already have over 2,200 miles and it seems to be getting worst than when I first got the vehicle.
    The car seems normal in highway driving but as soon as I'm in the city it drops to between 9 and 12.4 miles per gallon.
    Any advice, I use the best premium gas, try not to use the AC.
    The car drives great, but once in a while the car when idling or slowing down to 1 mph, upon acceleration there seems to be a 2 or 3 second delay as if the car is about to stall then kicks in.
    They didn't tell me how much deposit to put down. I'm checking to see if Audi Brookline can give me a better discount off MSRP. I've checked Edmunds.com and Truecar.com and there doesn't seem to be a lot of room for negotiation on the price. Truecar.com listed the 2011 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with a no-haggle price of around $39K but, these dealerhips are 150 to 200 miles from Boston (and they are out of the 2011 model). I assume the prices fo the 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium plus will be around $40K or a little more. The Q5's inventory in the northeast is scarce.
  • chiro444chiro444 Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2011
    How much does Audicare generally cost and what does it cover?
    FYI. Just stopped by Audi of Brookline MA today and got $800 of MSRP for the 2012 Q5 2.0 with premium plus.
    Thanks for that info. When will you negotiate the price? Do you feel like you've lost the power to negotiate, since they're already holding your deposit? That's my hesitation. Also, did you call around for the best deal/deposit/ordering structure?
    edited May 2011
    I've already placed my order with a $1,000.00 deposit. The price will be MSRP minus $800.00. The MSRP price won't be available until June or July. After the they let me know the MSRP, I can decide whether to walk away from the deal or stick with it. There's not much room for negotiation since there's no 2012 inventory (The dealership has more leverage). I basically compared two offers from two dealerships (Audi Prime Westwood vs Audi Brookline). I didn't want to invest more time to visit other dealerships since I really doubt that I can get a better offer. At least ordering a 2012 allows me to get the specific exterior and interior colors that I want plus the options that I want.
  • jcgmsjcgms Member Posts: 2
    A local dealer has a few 2011 2.0Ts in the 4-6K mile range for sale. According to them they were "executive loaner" cars, meaning that they were reserved for employees or used as service loaners when they ran out of regular loaners. They are all base models with bluetooth/garage opener as the only installed option. The sale price is 36,775 which is basically new MSRP. These are CPO cars.

Any thoughts? Highway robbery or a fair price given the low availability of 2011s and the CPO status? How much room do you think I would have for negotiation?

I would love to wait for 2012's, but unfortunately I'm in a time crunch to get a new car as our family truckster just gave out on us.

Thanks in advance for any help.....
    I'd skip these used ones. You can get a new 2012 with $800 off MSRP from Audi in Brookline, Ma, as an example. Looks like there would be a very small price difference between the used and new ones, especially since you're only getting bluetooth. However,you need time on your side - at least 2-3 months once you place the order.
  • jcgmsjcgms Member Posts: 2
    autosearching: Thanks for your reply. I used to live right down the road from Brookline Audi, I really do miss Boston.

As an update....went to the dealer. The lowest they went before I walked out was 35,000 (down from 36775), plus $100 off Audicare (for 720). The car has 10,000 miles.

It was SO hard to walk out, especially after a test drive. The car fits in my budget, but I feel like they're taking me to the cleaners...

Any further thoughts?

Waiting for the 2012's would mean I would have to rent a car until it comes, so I do have some urgency to buy within the next week...
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi chiro444. The price of Audi Care varies from vehicle to vehicle. The MSRP for basic Audi Care coverage is $800 on the Q5. I suspect that much like the price of our vehicle, the cost of Audi Care is negotiable.

As far as what it covers goes, according to the website it enables the holder to receive scheduled maintenance every 10,000 miles from 15,000 through 45,000 "precisely the intervals recommended by the factory."

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • quartromanquartroman Member Posts: 2
    I think it could go lower than $42,470 or that price with AudiCare ($800 value included)
  • quartromanquartroman Member Posts: 2
    I am from ohio. About a week ago, I went on shopping for an Audi Q5 premium+ at a local dealership. The sales woman came up with a figure for me with 6% less than MSRP (Audi Supplier Program) plus my S2000 trade in, but there were no car or car swap with other dealership. Therefore, the sales woman tried to keep my business and promoted me that 2011 price for 2012 model. On couple days later, I bought in and gotten ready to drop off my trade in, she mentions that Audi has raised the 2012 Q5 premium+ by $500, but that was not what she promotes me and attract me to the deal. They are not able to proof whether it is really coming from Audi factory. I could not find any pricing details online whether it is true or not. I passed the deal and walked out the dealership. Since, they keep calling me and asking me to reconsider without giving any incentive, no AudiCare program, not a cent drop. It seems to me that they know I want the car and purposely raise the price on me on demand. What I learnt from this lessen is never trust what the sales man promotes verbally, get them write down the deal with black ink and white paper.
  • scrikarscrikar Member Posts: 2
    After contacting several NJ dealers i finally got offer of $42300 OTD.
    Could you please tell me if this a good deal for Audi Q5 premium plus no nav.
    Do i need to include Audi care before making the order? Does Audi care save money on maintenance?
  • scrikarscrikar Member Posts: 2
    Hi there, Could you please tell from which dealer you got the above deal?
    42275+190 is your OTD?
    I live in NJ, here the best i was offered was 42300 otd for premium+ blk/cardomum no addtional options
  • bbetterbbetter Member Posts: 5
    what's the price before TTL? which dealership please?
  • ccgas5646ccgas5646 Member Posts: 7
    I was in a dealership last week discussing a 2012 Q5 2.0T with Premium Plus, Navigation and Advanced Key options. The dealer found one in a color I liked, printed out a copy of the itemized invoice (with the base price and all the options I wanted on it) and gave it to me. When I got home, I compared the invoice prices on the dealer printout to the invoice prices available on Edmunds. The invoice prices for the options were exactly the same between the dealer printout and Edmunds. The base prices, however, were different! Edmunds lists the base invoice price for the 2012 Q5 as $33,108 but the base invoice price the dealer gave me was $33,508 ... $400 more (surprise!) Does anyone know which is the correct base invoice price? Has anyone else seen an dealer invoice for the 2012 Q5? What did it say was the base invoice price?
  • bbetterbbetter Member Posts: 5
    This is exactly the car I'm going to order. How much do you pay over invoice? Today, I went to a dealership, they showed the invoice was still $33108. Another question: when would you get the car?
  • ccgas5646ccgas5646 Member Posts: 7
    The dealership I went to will sell me the car for $150 over invoice. They also have a $200 administrative fee so, essentially, they've agreed to sell it to me for $350 over invoice - and I have it in writing from the sales manager. I thought it was a pretty good deal but now I'm going to have to confront them about the base invoice price discrepancy. It sounds like the correct base invoice price is $33,108 (per Edmunds and the dealership you went to) not the $33,508 my dealer claims. I suspect my dealer either a) made an honest mistake or b) is trying to build an additional $400 into their profit by trying to slip an inflated invoice by me (hmmm ...) Has anyone else seen an actual dealer invoice for the 2012 Q5 2.0T? What did it say was the base invoice price?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    It's possible they have a regional advertising charge on their invoice...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator