Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nschrocknschrock Member Posts: 2
    Does that include any extras? Like the convenience package or heated seats? If yes that's a good deal. The $1500 rebate is if you currently own an Audi.
  • gouldjbgouldjb Member Posts: 6
    where are you located? pictures? colors? I am moving to Dallas TX and was planning on buying a 2011 Q5 2.0t...if good enough deal, may take this off you...any issues / accidents etc?
    thx
    John
  • spartacus_33spartacus_33 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2012
    I started off by asking about Audi's European Delivery discount. I was told, "5% off MSRP for Euro Delivery.... but that they would offer 3% off" if I just bought it from them and took delivery here.

Details... 3.2 Premium Plus with wheel locks ($80) and towing package ($800 at Port, $1200 at Dealer) and Audi Care ($800). Then just a little more discount because of the inflated hitch installation; MY price: $44,300. That works out to be (MSRP $45,955). $1,655 off MSRP or 3.6% off MSRP, if you use all the normal MSRP numbers including destination.

Steve
  • audibuyer12audibuyer12 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    Let me know if you guys think this is a good deal. The dealer offer is definitely higher than the truecar value.

MSRP - 43400
    Dealer offer- 42000
    2012 Q5 2.0 premium plus + convenience Package
    B&O sounds system
    19 inch wheel
    If your MSRP price is accurate... that's just a touch over 3% off... and I haven't heard of anything better. I've had my 3.2 Q5 for a month now and LOVE it.
    I got this offer from one of the NJ dealers. None of the NJ dealers I talk to gave me a deal better than this. I'm looking for an all cash deal, still no luck with a better deal. What do you guys think the best deal is?
    From my research... the BEST deal I've heard of is 5% off MSRP... but you have to do a European Delivery.
  • maosey05maosey05 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    I have an opportunity to purchase a demo 2012 Q5. It is a Premium Plus (black on black) with under 5k miles. Deal price: $40,500. MSRP: $42k. Demo is currently on in-house lease until the end of May. Is this a good deal? Should I go for it?
    Is it 2.0 or 3.2? Are you getting any options like navigation etc? Please post more details here.
  • maosey05maosey05 Member Posts: 4
    It is a 2.0 with no nav, 19" 5-arm wheels, all weather floor mats & trunk liner.

Dealership also has a certified 2011 2.0 premium plus (no nav) with 12k miles, white with beige interior and upgraded Bang & Olufsen sound system, 18" wheels. $39k and available for immediate acquisition.

Which do you feel is the better bang for buck? Thanks!
  • audiformersaudiformers Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    I just got a beautiful Q5 2.0T premium plus, B on B with advanced key, weather mats, exhaust tips MSRP 41885 for 40185 but I could not get 1.9 APR from Audi FS:(. Did any one was luck to get 1.9 apr?
  • maple4maple4 Member Posts: 1
    Good deal?
  • audi_buyer1audi_buyer1 Member Posts: 3
    I am starting off with my deal search for a Q5 2.0 Brilliant Black.

Can some of the recent buyers of the Q5 2.0 tell me what's the best price I can get for a Premium model and a Premium Plus Model.
  • deepanveedeepanvee Member Posts: 5
    Got my new Q5 premium plus+Nav+Audi care($800 value free) on Saturday. Please note that I dont have any credit history in USA yet and I got this through Audi foreign business professional program(which is awesome i should say) and I am loving it

Dealer - Town Motors Englewood, New Jersey.
    Q5 premium plus package + Nav+Audi Care+Car Mats Invoice price= 42993
    Lease months = 42
    Mileage = 10,000/yr
    Money factor = 0.00176
    Residual Value = 21596 or 49%
    Monthly payments = $623.11
    Initial Charges = $3871.63(First month+$399 for registration+$695 bank fee+$249 documentation fee+$7.50 tire tax+$1898.02 Sales tax)
  • audiq5201audiq5201 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    2012 Q5 Premium Plus (Moonlight Blue and Cinnamon) + Navigation + B&O speakers+Audi advanced key+19 inch wheels+all weather mats +Audi care = 45,200

Let me know if it is a good deal ?
  • jay_2013jay_2013 Member Posts: 11
    I am in the Bay Area, CA. Looking to get either a 2012 Q5 2.0T Base or the 2012 X3 Base. I hear that there is much less price flexibility on the Q5 than on the X3. Is that true? Also, is $1200 below MSRP a reasonable target- for either vehicle?
  • nisko81nisko81 Member Posts: 3
    Got 6% off MSRP through Supplier Program offered through my job. Also received 1.9% Financing. Purchased 06/01/2011 a 2011 Q5 3.2 Prestige S-Line. Also, found out by shopping around you can get 6% off BMW just by showing them the printed discount for Audi. I was told the mark up is 7% on BMW.
  • nisko81nisko81 Member Posts: 3
    The Q5 is cheaper than the X3. The Audi is more reliable and better 4WD system. You will end up having issues with the run flats and electronics on the BMW as all my Bimmer friends have with their need cars.
  • tonka858tonka858 Member Posts: 112
    You can get way more then 6% off a BMW X5D
    avg is about 8500
    Does anyone know approximately what's the dealer invoice price for a Audi Q5 Premium Plus model?

I am getting quote price of about ~$38,000 for a Audi Q5 Premium Plus with convenience package without navigation. Is this a good price?
  • goltzgoltz Member Posts: 2
    I was told at the dealership in Lexington KY that for demos they would go at least $3000 off.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    Here is my buying experience - no leases - just trade and cash - all new, no demo's.

2010 Q5 Prestige: $5K off list - Full Edmunds Trade In Value for Private Sale for 2008 Lexus RX350

2009 A8L Loaded: $17K off list - Same as above for 2007 Lexus LS460

2012 A7 Prestige: $6.3K off list - Same as above for 2010 Q5 (sold during the time of the sale of the A7 - same day)

Hope this helps.
  • audiq5_kaufaudiq5_kauf Member Posts: 1
    I am starting off with my deal search for an Audi Q5 2.0 in Moonlight Blue Metallic.

Can some of the recent buyers of the Q5 2.0 tell me what's the best price I can get for a Premium Plus Model. Thanks.
    edited May 2012
    I got a 2012 2.0 Q5 Premium Plus for a base price of $38000 + Taxes and Registration.

Try to get quotes from different dealers and make them compete. The 2013 models are just a month or two away. If you can work patiently and not rush, you can bargain and get a Premium Plus for around ~$37000 base price or even lesser.

The dealets will try to scare you but don't listen to them. They have to get rid of the 2012 models since the 2013 ones are coming in soon.
  • srvemsrvem Member Posts: 1
    I want to buy a 2012 2.0 Q5 Premium Plus and also in a time crunch. I appreciate if you let me know where I can replicate your deal.
  • cscamp20cscamp20 Member Posts: 9
    i dont know about you guys but there's not a lot q5 in stock where i live. IF there then there are added options installed.

I just received my q5 that i ordered 2 months ago. 2.0T premium with sunroof and heated seats. with taxes and fees all came up to $37800.

If you can get that premium plus for $38000 that would be a great deal
  • truthseeker6truthseeker6 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone placed an order for a 2013 Q5? Was it a factory direct order or an order from your dealerships expected allotment? What did they mention for an expected delivery date? Do the dealers actually have an MSRP for the base vehicle and options or did you basically put down a deposit down against what the dealership expects to receive? Did anyone take advantage of the supplier purchase program 6% off MSRP on a 2013? Any limitations on its use against a 2013? Any additional discounts received for a factory order?

Sorry for the long list of questions, but all responses to any of the questions would be appreciated.
  • cscamp20cscamp20 Member Posts: 9
    Eventhough 2013 has been announced, There is no pricing on the 2013 Q5 yet so i doubt you'll be able to order one.
  • thomatlthomatl Member Posts: 7
    I'm preparing to begin negotiations on a new 2012 Q5 3.2 Prestige with Luxury Pkg. MSRP $53750. Two local dealers (Atlanta) have said firmly that Q5s sell at MSRP. I bristle at statements like that, especially this late in the model year. They have very little Q5 inventory, so is MSRP the norm?

Both dealers confirmed that the 2013s will ditch the 3.2/6-speed auto for the 3.0T/8-speed. They also said 2013 pricing has not been announced and Audi is not yet taking orders.

I'm torn between 2012 and 2013 - I'm okay with the 2012, but if these darned things really do sell at MSRP, might as well wait for the 2013 and get the newer enging and tranny. Of course, the 2013 MSRP may jump. What do you experts say???
  • sbornosborno Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2012
    Here's the thing..., You will be able to get a good deal on the 2012, once the 2013 start to come on. There is plenty of 2012 inventory, and it is a good vehicle. That being said, I've always thought the q5 to be underpowered.

It really comes down to your time frame, and power requirements. A bit of a trade of, cause you will pay much closer to msrp on a 2013, but i don't see msrp changing that much. I want to see the new q7. That should be very interesting!!
  • foodyfoody Member Posts: 11
    Just bought a '12 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus. Options include:

MMI Navigation, Exhaust Tips, Cargo bench mat, and wheel locks.

MSRP: $44,600
    Price Paid: $43,300 + TTL

I'm sure that if I waited until the '13 models started arriving, I would have gotten a better deal. I liked the car so much that I decided to take the plunge! This was one car I was willing to accept a "so so" deal. The 2.0Ts are very scarce here in Southern California. Happy hunting!
  • phiaphia Member Posts: 1
    Just received the following quote for leasing a 2012 2.0T Q5 Premium Plus black on black, with Nav, Audi Advance Key, Exhaust Tips , All Weather Mats/Trunk Liner, Splash Guards, Bang and Olufsen Sound System.

Price is $44,447.00. With $5,000 down including 1st payment, a 36 month lease with 10,000 miles per year of $637.13. The money factor is 0.00194 and Lease End Value is $23,881.00.

Does this sound too high? I saw some lease money factor quotes on the forum that were much lower. And the price is much higher than $38,000 that someone else posted on this forum.

The dealer does not want to budge though. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
  • sleepybubbasleepybubba Member Posts: 61
    I've got an offer from a local stealer for the following 2 models (color is not my first choice, but I could live with). Looks like they've taken an MSRP, deducted the rebate (according to Edmunds up to $1500) and pitched it as a huges last year inventory reduction.

2012 AUDI Q5 2.0 4-DR AUTO QUATTRO
    Exterior: Monsoon Gray Metallic
    Interior: Black
    Options:
    Exhaust Tips, All-Weather Floor Mats & Trunk Liner, Ipod Cable For Audi Music Interface, Navigation Package, Premium Plus Package
    MSRP $44,700, SALE PRICE $43,048

2012 AUDI Q5 2.0 4-DR AUTO QUATTRO
    Exterior: Ice Silver Metallic
    Interior: Black
    Options: Exhaust Tips, All-Weather Floor Mats & Trunk Liner, Ipod Cable For Audi Music Interface, Navigation Package, Wheel Locks, Premium Plus Package
    MSRP $44,780; SALE PRICE $43,122
  • lalaferrarilalaferrari Member Posts: 1
    I have pricing for the 2012 Q5 Prestige line- MSRP=$53,700 (it has the luxury leather package). they are offering it to me for $53,000, trading in my 2007 Audi A4- silver, black interor, cold weather package, premium plus w/o navi for $14000. I will also get the additional $1500 for loyalty.

Do I have more room to negotiate?
  • jlin1028jlin1028 Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys,

The dealer gave me an offer for Audi Q5 3.2 Quattro MSRP $47,175 for $44,900
    Options Includes: Navigation Pk
    All weather floor mat & trunk liner
    ipod cable
    S-Line Pkg (its all 3.2 has S-Line Pkg?)

My 2007 lexus with 64525Mildes trade in of $14,000

Reg fee: $396
    Doc fee: $349

How's sound for the deal?? Thanks for reply
  • carnewbie2carnewbie2 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    Here is a deal that 1 dealership has offered and another has matched for a moonlight blue/cinnamon 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with Navigation and floor/trunk all-weather mats for 36 month lease 10k miles/yr:
    1st month $597.89
    Tax $1987.55
    Inspection $10
    Tire Tax $12.50
    Doc Fee $75
    Bank Fee $695
    Total due at signing $3,377.94
    Residual 52%
    Buy Back $23,160.80
    Money Factor .00134
    MSRP 44,550
    Sell price 42,317.13

Does this sound like a good deal or should I wait for 2013s to be delivered? This deal includes the $750 loyalty rewards. I am on Long Island, NY. Thanks for your help!!
  • sirjo36sirjo36 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carnewbie2,

What dealership did you go to in LI ? I saw much higher quotes from Brooklyn and NJ audi. I think your numbers look good. I was quoted w/o any negotiating 36mth / 10k $630 w/ 3300 upfront. I told them both they were way off.
  • carnewbie2carnewbie2 Member Posts: 3
    I went to Atlantic and Huntington. Atlantic quoted the deal and I had Huntington match it since they have a better reputation and my husband got his A4 from them. 2 salesmen with the names starting with the letter J, 1 being the manager at Huntington Audi are great to deal with, very patient and they know not just Audi's but Mercedes and BMW. Beiner also got within a few bucks of their offer but I wasn't thrilled with their attitude. Research dealers on wwwdealerrater.com I am still wondering if I might pay up a little for the 2013 X5 as they are offering great deals. I wonder if German car manufacturers are having a hard time moving cars with what is happening in their economy and the Euro.
  • aramanaraman Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I am trying to negotiate 2012 Audi Q5 3.2L Premium Plus SUV with the following pkg:
    5PK ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS & TRUNK LINER
    PNK NAVIGATION PACKAGE

to $43,000 + tax + title. Is that a reasonable price to go far.

Thanks
  • mbusa123mbusa123 Member Posts: 1
    You're trying to get the car for $1,000 BELOW invoice which I really don't think will happen when people are struggling to get the car for anything close to invoice. That said, $100-200 ABOVE invoice is possible if you try hard enough. However, if you are eligble for the $1,500 Audi loyalty bonus, then you might have a shot.
  • chanjim3chanjim3 Member Posts: 1
    Got the price down to $43,000 +tax+title on a new 2013 Audi Q5. Is this reasonable?
  • dcamesdcames Member Posts: 6
    Hi Chanjim3,

Can you please post the specs? And also the state and dealership. I am also shopping for a 2013 Q5. Thanks.
  • nj875nj875 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

Just purchased a 2013 (Moonlight Blue metallic) with premium plus and navigation for an out the door price of 45,480.
  • dcamesdcames Member Posts: 6
    Hi nj875,

Can you please post the complete specs? And also the state and dealership. I am also shopping for a 2013 Q5. Thanks.
  • u2fan1967u2fan1967 Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2012
    Hooray! Just picked up our 2013 Q5 2.0T from our local dealer and its sure is gorgeous (it was the one one display on the showroom floor :-) ). The interior is just beautiful to look at and be surrounded by. Wow, those new headlights are already turning heads on the road..LOL

The vehicle is so much better than my 2008 LandRover LR2 I traded in (of course they are different vehicles, but still). The Range Rover Evoque is wayyy too overpriced, X3 and MB GLK350 was another $6k comparably equipped. The 2.0T is plenty of power for normal driving, its 2s faster than my LR2 (I6) and has more torque. so its quick off the line and smooth with the 8 speed transmission. We love the integrated WiFi Hotspot and Google/online with the T-mobile (6 months free) online data service.. Wow!! I feel like the 2013 changes really "make" this vehicle now what it should be. Great job Audi.

This is my wife and I's 4th Audi. We love the brand.

Deal Details
    $35900 2013 Audi Q5 2.0T quattro tiptronic Ibis White, Black Leather
    $4300 Q5 Premium plus (sunroof, xenon, heated seats, power tail gate, etc.)
    $3550 Audi MMI Navigation Plus package
    $850 Bang & Olufsen Sound
    $800 19" 5-Double Spoke Design Wheels
    $550 Audi Advanced key
    $895 Destination charge
    = $46845 MSRP
    - $2757 Supplier Discount - my company makes the LEDs :-)
    - $1000 Audi Loyalty
    ---------------------
    = $43088 before tax, title, etc. An excellent deal.

Got rubber all weather floor mats thrown in.
    Even got 2.75 for 72 months from dealer for loan.
    Now for some fun driving. Can't wait to open up that large panel sunroof!
  • scott_njscott_nj Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2012
    Hi,

I just signed for 2013 Q5 2.0T with the following:

1. Metallic Paint
    2. Roof
    3. Heated Seats
    4. Lighting package
    5. Convenience Package

Cost is $38,000; before DMV/Taxes, etc.

Did I get hosted?
  • nj875nj875 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all.

Just brought home my 2013 Q5 and we love it.
    Moonlight metallic blue
    2.0 TFSI Premier Plus
    Naviagation Plus Package

MSRP= 45,170
    Price= 41,867 (which included a delivery fee since the car had to be sent from a different dealership) + taxes and fees

We couldn't be happier
  • rknjrknj Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Congratulations. I am also in the market to get a Q5. Can you please share the dealership info.

Thanks
  • rknjrknj Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Can you please share the dealer info. I am in NJ.

Thanks
  • scott_njscott_nj Member Posts: 5
    rknj:

Hi,

I thought I posted the info. Anyways, it is Paul Miller Audi in Parsippany. The guy I worked with is Paul Cheng - good guy - patient and straight forward. The prices are pretty good too - I compared.

Not sure if putting phone number up will get the post erased, so I advise you to google the dealer, and ask for Paul Cheng.

Please let him know that Scott from Randolph recommended him.

Hope that helps.

-Scott