Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    scott_njscott_nj Member Posts: 5
    Hi rknj,

I actually posted the info, but included last name of salesperson, which is not allowed by Edmunds.

Anyways, the dealership is Paul Miller Audi, and is in Parsippany, NJ.

The guy I worked with is Paul (not the owner) - he's a good guy: patient and straight forward.

If you do speak with him, please let him know that Scott from Randolph recommended him.

Thanks.

-Scott
  • Options
    rknjrknj Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much for the info.
  • Options
    j2222j2222 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm negotiating for the same vehicle right now. They are stone walling me at 38,200 + tax/title.

Specs:
    Q5 Premium 2.0
    Phantom black exterior
    Black interior
    Convenience Package
    Lighting Package
    Panorama Sunroof
    Heated front seats
  • Options
    rrq5rrq5 Member Posts: 1
    2013 Audi Q5

Premium Plus 2.0T
    Audi Advanced Key
    MMI Navigation
    B&O Sound System
    19" wheels

MSRP $47,320. Done at $45,800 + tax + DMV fees.

No trade ins, no loyalty rebates, purchased. no lease.
  • Options
    beautiebeautie Member Posts: 17
    Just leased and drove home the above vehicle tonight after going through the Costco Auto program in South Florida. Dealt with Tyler at Prestige Auto. Great guy.

Costco program requires them to show you the invoice price for the car, and charge $400 above invoice. Invoice was $36,763, so total cost was $37,163.

Dealer added acquisition cost of $695, dealer fees of $697.50, doc fees of $60 and various other taxes and fees.

Originally offered money factor of 0.00189 but thanks to this forum (thanks guys!), I knew the MF was .00159. He said that is only for prior owners of VW and Audis or with payment of security deposit. I agreed to security deposit of $550.

This resulted in payment of $499 and change plus inception charges of $2,890 (incl. sec dep).

Dealership was closed, salesman, detail guy, finance man and manager were all waiting to go home. I wanted to keep out-of-pocket at $2K (incl sec dep). He agreed and pointed out to me he was selling me the car at $300 below invoice to make those numbers work. Personally, I think that dealer fee makes up for that loss.

When finance guy did the paperwork, no sec dep was included but inception charges were still at $2k. After some back-and-forth via phone with manager and at my suggestion, finance man took out the sec dep so my inception charges were $1450 and payments were at $499.

Buttons feel a little plasticky but car feels great to drive. Very solid. And great visibility. Thanks for all the info on the forums. :)
  • Options
    tp2009tp2009 Member Posts: 7
    Is $38.5K + (NY) taxes + fees a good price for following vehicle?

Q5 Premium 2.0
    Convenience Package
    Lighting Package
    Panorama Sunroof
    Heated front seats
  • Options
    tp2009tp2009 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

Wondering if you closed this deal? I'm in the market for a similar config and the dealers first quote was close to $39.5K + taxes and fees....
  • Options
    ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    FWIW:

According to Edmunds, the TMV of this vehicle is $37,490. TMV is an average price which, by definition, means half of the vehicles purchased are purchased at a higher price and half are purchased at a lower price.

Dealer fees (additional profit) of $697.50 added to the Costco price of $37,163, results in an acutal price of $37,860.

Just one example of why people should avoid car buying services like Costco.
  • Options
    Paid for same exact config for $38K even, with $299 dealer fee (got punked on that one).

This deal is in North NJ.
  • Options
    In my experience, both the TMV and TrueCar overpriced their estimates - I am not sure where the heck they get the data from - the dealers, maybe?

I purchased two cars in the last 3 years and both times, the dealer appears to be somewhat surprised at the price I was willing to do the deal.
  • Options
    kantuckidkantuckid Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    I need dealer names when you post a deal & also say if it was on lot or ordered & don't include taxes but do state dealer doc. fees. I want 2013 Q5 in Ibis White,2.0 Quattro,Chestnut lthr.,htd. frt. seats,rear bags & am in E.KY will do fly & drive within ~1,000k of me
    -help on discounting dealers???
    It's amazing that so many people have posted here with zero mention of a dealers name /location!!!
  • Options
    ltlladyltllady Member Posts: 27
    TrueCar is not out to secure the best deal for buyers. TrueCar makes money from dealers. It does not take much analysis to realize TrueCare is mostly concerned with its relationship with dealers. Funny thing is most of the large buying services are tied to TrueCar. Dah!

The best way to price a vehicle is to start at invoice, reduce by dealer incentives (holdback, etc.), reduce by customer incentives, and add a reasonable amount for dealer cost and profit. Smart buyers start from that point.

It amazes me how many people seem to blindly accept dealer (documentation) fees of several hundres dollars as if those fees are an actual cost. Regardless of what a dealer claims, such fees are not a cost. They are simply an increase to the selling price. In reality, anything over $50 or so is outrageous.

Customers should not be concerned about any dealer cost. The only thing important is the price, which covers all dealer cost and profit.
  • Options
    carquestions22carquestions22 Member Posts: 1
    Which car is better? 2012--3.2L V6 versus 2013--2.0T V4

I'm interested in buying (or leasing) a Q5 but I cannot choose between a 2012 V6 3.2L engine or a 2013 2.0T engine. A nearly fully loaded 2012 Q5 is being offered to me at $45K + tax. Does that still seem too high? Why would I buy that versus a cheaper and yet with some of the same add ons 2013 2.0L Q5? (Around 43K). Any insights would be helpful.
  • Options
    rfmetz25rfmetz25 Member Posts: 1
    Just signed for a 2013 Q5 2T:

Moonlight Blue
    Premium Plus
    MMI Nav
    19" Wheels
    Audi Advance Key

MSRP=$46,470
    Paid=$42,290 + Taxes/DMV Fees

Couldn't believe I was able to get them down this low.
    Great price??
  • Options
    lma9lma9 Member Posts: 2
    Hi rfmetz25:

Sounds like an awesome price. Which dealer is this? I can barely get 6% off MSRP using the supplier program and that's it.
  • Options
    jay_2013jay_2013 Member Posts: 11
    I know this is common with BMW dealers (ordering a car direct from the factory) and they don't make attempts to sell you something on their lot. But with Audi, I am seeing very little inventory (at least here in the SF Bay Area) and am wondering if I should try putting together a custom order instead. While admittedly I haven't talked with more than one dealer, I get a feeling that Audi dealers want to have you pick something from their lot. What downsides could I expect with this type of order?

On a related question, I see places far off from the Bay Area- such as Bakersfield Audi- have a lot of inventory. Is it reasonable to drive there to do the deal or have a local dealer get the car from them and deliver it locally?
  • Options
    t_bone1t_bone1 Member Posts: 3
    please share dealer info, I'm very close to purchasing a q5 and the numbers you have in your post are outstanding. Thanks!
  • Options
    jay_2013jay_2013 Member Posts: 11
    Never saw a response to my questions, but just bought a 2013 Q5 at Bakersfield Audi for $200 over invoice. Absolutely worth the drive from the Bay Area as the dealers here allow you no price flexibility due to the high demand.
  • Options
    autofreundautofreund Member Posts: 2
    Hi Jay: I live in Marin (SR) and am thinking of buying the Q5..I am 'retired', 'female' and already dread the trip to the local dealer...any info re your experience would be so appreciated..just wonder how to get in contact with you as E. doesn't want email addressess posted..???
  • Options
    autofreundautofreund Member Posts: 2
    Thanks much, I will..still 'configuring'....Ellen
  • Options
    cisco4440cisco4440 Member Posts: 10
    sorry not a leasing question, but hoping someone can clarify.. AFS has a special 1.9% for 48month for it's top tier credit. 2 question?
    1) what does AFS consider top tier, min FICA of 690? Anything other variables?
    2) at 1.9% @ 48months, is this this real APR? The reason I ask is because I ask my personal bank and they're offering 3.99% with APR of 4.19%. Thus, the clarification needed on the AFS rate of 1.9%, and if the local Audi dealer will mark up from there?
    TIA.. cautious buyer
  • Options
    buzzy8buzzy8 Member Posts: 31
    This is a second 3rd vehicle (2nd SUV) so I didn't want to spend the big bucks but LOVE this Audi...we have 3 kids so was looking for something they could sit in the back which is what made us look at the Q5 instead of the A4. Looking at the Q5 Hybrid Prestige with pricing of $54,000. I am getting the sense that Audi does not deal much. I got a Sequoia $14,000 off of invoice but wishful thinking on the Audi. My question is, should I wait for a non Hybrid to save money and what can I expect to see on money off of the Price? Thanks!
  • Options
    hit22hit22 Member Posts: 24
    Went to Audi dealer and got this deal from the grand wizard:
    Metallic Paint
    Audi Advanced Key

10k Miles
    36 months
    56 residual
    .0014 money factor
    $3,000 down
    $42,120

$475 per month
  • Options
    thom22thom22 Member Posts: 5
    I was looking at the Q5 Premium with Convenience Pkg, Lighting Package, Heated Seats. MSRP of $40,795. I wanted to go no higher than $38,500 and by reading this forum, I thought it was possible.

Best price I was offered was $39,201. Not close enough to make a deal, so it looks like I will go with the Acura RDX. The RDX is the AWD w/ Tech package. MSRP $40,315 and final negotiated price of $37,360. Too many extra options and about $2,000 cheaper.

If anyone knows of a dealer that can come down to the $38,500 on the Audi in NJ in the next 24 hours, let me know. I want my new vehicle before the weekend. Thanks.
  • Options
    skitime62skitime62 Member Posts: 3
    I live in Northern NJ and got this offer from a dealer and while it seems good I always feel I could do better. Please let me know. I might buy vs lease so interested in what current rates for financing might be too.

2013 Q5 Audi Black/Beige Premium Plus w/Nav and Xenon
    MSRP: $44600
    Discount 6% = $41924 = $340 above Invoice.
    Residual Value: $53% = $23638
    Money Factor: .00151
    Lease Term: 36
    Acquisition Fee: $695
    Doc Fees: $299
    Plates: $380
    Tire Tax: $8
    Miles: 15K
    Monthly Pymnt $662.51
  • Options
    cnumb1cnumb1 Member Posts: 1
    Negotiating certified pre owned Q5 Premium in Jersey City
    Year 2011
    Miles 25800
    Color Blue
    Panorama View, Heated Seats, All weather mats, iPod ready

Dealer asking price $33300

What could be the good price? Its in par with KBB but two thousand more than Edmunds.
  • Options
    cscamp20cscamp20 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2013
    Just to let u know I got my 2012 q5 for 37000. With heated seats and pano sunroof. So I don't think that's a good deal I had to wait for it for 2 and a half months. Jack Daniels in Paramus. Ask for Tal. Tell him Chris sent you :P

btw, mine is an ibis white. 2.0t, premium with heated seats. No other options installed
  • Options
    theoriginalsostheoriginalsos Member Posts: 1
    Obviously you can argue with a dealer about whether to pay the holdback, doc fees, destination fees, etc. It does come down to price. However, Audi Q5s are pretty hard to get and therefore, talking about getting a Q5 (or any other desirable Audi, for instance my A5 convertible) below, at or near invoice is a joke. That is why talking to people about what you paid to see if you are in the ballpark is valuable. Best deal I've seen is the current Audi club discount of 6% off MSRP - plus a $1k loyalty discount if you are a current Audi owner. If you can do better than that, great.
  • Options
    allianallian Member Posts: 20
    Hi

Just closed a deal Q5 Premium plus , Houston Texas
    Advanced Key
    19 wheels
    phantom black pearl effect
    MSRP 42 920 USD
    Price paid : 40 250 USD + TTL TAX
    Managed to include a all weather mats for free
    Dealer Fee : 490 USD : Total rip off
    Doc Fee : 120 USD
    Audi Care Package : 820 USD no Tax will include
    Hope this helps , not easy to get it lower in Houston
  • Options
    mmalecka41mmalecka41 Member Posts: 3
    I just got this quote after lots of work so I would like to know how we'll I did, if I did.
    Audi Q5 3.0T
    Msrp: 46,070 down to 43670.
    After taxes and fees total is 47,345$
    2,500$ Down 36 months 15k miles payment is 688$
    Same everything but 39 month 681$
    Same everything but 42 month 662$
    Meeting with one more dealer tomorrow and bringing these specs to see if they will beat. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    senquasenqua Member Posts: 3
    Q5 2.0 Prem Plus - Advanced Key - Nav

MSRP: 46,960
    Leased: 44,362

All fees and down and first payment.
    Rolled into 2000

36 months - 10k miles.

MF - 0.00139
    Residual - 56%

I probably should have negotiated better, but this was my first lease.
  • Options
    mihaidanilamihaidanila Member Posts: 8
    rfmetz25: what dealer did you use?
  • Options
    prosgalprosgal Member Posts: 4
    I plan to keep the car for awhile and planned to buy, but seems a lot of dealerships are pushing the lease, any thoughts? how many of you are buying and what made you do that versus leasing?
  • Options
    ydolydol Member Posts: 12
    I purchased 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium at the end of Feb and was able to negotiate below invoice. Audi currently offers 1.9% up to 66 mo to finance. I do not find the leasing option as attractive with the current MF and residual. You'll end up paying about the same compare to 60 mo finance without paying acquisition fees, etc. in leasing.

P.S. I opt out purchasing extended warranty but would suggest buying Audi Care. I also test drove BMW X3 for comparison and decided that Q5 is a better option, LED light pkg must have.
  • Options
    dcamesdcames Member Posts: 6
    Hi ydol, can you please post your purchase details? I am also looking to buy Q5 2.0 premium plus with nav in CO. Any tips/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Model Year: 2013 Q5 2.0T QUATTRO TIPTRONIC
    Exterior Color: P5P5 ICE SILVER METALLIC
    Interior Color: IE TITANIUM GRAY / GRAY
    Options: 3FU PANORAMA SUNROOF
    4A3 HEATED FRONT SEATS
    5PK AUDI GUARD ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS & TRUNK LINER
    6W9 WITHOUT FRONT LICENSE PLATE HOLDER
    7TL INLAY - FINE GRAIN ASH NATURAL
    AMI IPOD CABLE FOR AUDI MUSIC INTERFACE - NO CHARGE
    PT1 CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
    WTS LIGHTING PACKAGE

Estimated Total MSRP $41,270
    Invoice $38,844
    Negotiated price $37,XXX
    + Sales Tax 8.1% (NV)
    + Doc, Title Fees
    + Audicare $8XX (recommended to cover service every 10k from 15k to 45k miles)
    Took advantage of 1.9% finance (up to 66 mo currently)

Tips:
    - Browse the car online from dealer inventory
    - Start negotiating with internet manager and try to get as close to invoice
    - Test drive the car, negotiate more, and close the deal (or always be ready to walk out...)
    - Listen to finance manager sales pitch on extended warranty and..
    - To decide if anything more than $3XXX (w/ $100 deductible) worth to pay for extended 2yr/100k beyond standard 4yr/50k (for me probably worth to trade in another Audi with awesome deal when basic warranty ends).
    - To decide if anything more than $1XXX is worth for wheel and tire protection
  • Options
    nice! thank you for the details. Navigation is probably not worth it but want the backup camera so planning to go for the Premium Plus, def not worth the cost their asking, oh well :( Thanks for the X3 mention, I was torn b/w the two but Q5 is definitely nicer!
  • Options
    osubuckosubuck Member Posts: 19
    What do you mean by the following line:

- To decide if anything more than $3XXX (w/ $100 deductible) worth to pay for extended 2yr/100k beyond standard 4yr/50k (for me probably worth to trade in another Audi with awesome deal when basic warranty ends).

what's worth more than $3,000? can you explain more?
  • Options
    Premium Plus Package, with the Navigation system, the Bang & Olufsen sound system, the Audi Advanced Key, the 19" Wheels, and the All-Weather Floor Mats. It has an MSRP of $47,175.

They are offering me the vehicle for $45,632...

Invoice according to edmunds is $43,937.

I want it for $43,000

Do you think it's do-able?
  • Options
    Audi offers different $$ tiers of extended warranty program (2yr/100k), anywhere from $3XXX and up depend on the coverage and deductible. Although it could be rolling into the finance, my thought process was...
    - I could buy before standard warranty end (probably cost little more but I have 4 yr/50k to think about it) or
    - trade-in for another car at the end of standard warranty

Hope that explains. I would prefer 1-2 yr CPO car with awesome deal rather than buying extended warranty of new car.
  • Options
    senquasenqua Member Posts: 3
    They are making you a very good offer. Maybe they will budge a little bit but you will never ever get the car for $43,000. That would be almost 10% off MSRP one of the hottest cars.

Maybe Ford or GM would give you that discount, but not Audi.
  • Options
    I made that offer based on the invoice. Some people here are reporting that they are getting offers for less than invoice....

the invoice is $43,937 and the msrp is $47,175.

I thought I maybe able to get it for $43,000....so far not a chance.

I'll see if somebody will agree to take $44,000 for it.
  • Options
    finbar_oharafinbar_ohara Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    I recently visited a dealer in search of my desired Q5. Since I don't want sunroof and only want a couple of other features, this car is impossible to locate for dealer trade. I did learn the 2014 model will start arriving in July and are order-able now, however pricing is not available.

As I understand it, the Convenience Package, will now be standard on the base model and the HP is boosted to 220 for the 2.0T. Since this $900 package was only Blue Tooth and an Ipod cable, how much will this impact the base price? $200? $300?

I am leery of ordering not knowing what the pricing looks like.

Does anyone have additional information on 2014?

Thanks.
  • Options
    okay so I have been trying to get the Q5 at or near invoice but no luck...

So I visited the Acura dealership and got the following quote on the 2013 RDX AWD Tech package:

MSRP: $40,315

My price: $35,900 + 283.50 fees + Tax =38,582 OTD and 0.9% for 60 months.

What do you guys think?
  • Options
    carknutcarknut Member Posts: 6
    Are you sure of the financing rate? I'm seeing .09% for 36mos and 1.9% for 60.
  • Options
    ya..it's listed on just about all Acura dealer websites promoting 0.9% for 60 months
  • Options
    I would suggest to wait to end of the month and search within 250 miles of Audi dealers to get your Q5 for the best deal. Good Luck!
  • Options
    thanks for the tip! still want that Q5 but most of them are equipped with the 19" wheels option on the 2.0T Premium Plus. so figuring I'll go with 18" wheels so those are harder to find
  • Options
    Couldn't strike a deal for the JX or Q5..and didn't really need the 3rd row. My wife loves the shape of both

So we went with the 2013 Acura AWD RDX with Tech package:

MSRP: $40,315
    Remote Start: $620
    Total MSRP: $40,935

Negotiated down to $35,900

Got $5035 off MSRP savings of 12.3%
    Negotiated OTD Price: $38582 (includes tax, title, doc fee, remote start)
    0.9% for 60 months. zero down
    Monthly Payment: $658 for 60 months

Please let me know how I did..
  • Options
    sbb321sbb321 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I have a invoice price offer from a dealer. Do you think I can get more

2013 Q5 3.0 Premium Plus
    Exterior Color: Briliant Black or Phantom Black Pearl
    Interior Color: Black leather
    Audi MMI Navigation Plus Package
    Bang & Oulfson Sound System