Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking for new car lessees. If you leased a new car in the past few months, and would like to share your story, please email your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com.
  • arm1tagearm1tage Member Posts: 5
    Wasn't planning on buying a new Q5 but wondering if anyone has had a better offer.

2014 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
    Pearl Paint
    Navigation
    Sport Interior Pkg
    19" Wheels

MSRP $47925
    Dealer offered $42800 inc $1000 Audi loyalty rebate.
    Tax and tags extra.

That is around $1200 under invoice, think I could get any more off?
  • rubyofcairorubyofcairo Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a great deal w/all the options you picked. I just found a web site that doesn't send your name or e-mail address to get quotes. CarWoo I'm waiting for their reply. I'm in CA, where did you get this deal? Internet sales dept?
  • roadrageeroadragee Member Posts: 138
    You should sign it. That's an excellent deal.
    Deal was in NJ. Ended up with a 3.0T with an even better discount. 2000 under invoice including 1000 loyalty rebate.
  • heeraheera Member Posts: 1
    Can you please give the dealer name. I am trying to get 2014 audi 2.0 with navigation.
  • carbuyer203carbuyer203 Member Posts: 2
    hi..

Have anyone purchased 2014 Audi Q5 2.0T premium around Cincinnati, OH. What was the price paid. I am looking for one and Audi Connection offered 46,295 plus any applicable tax, license, and fees. This includes Navigation, B&O sound, Advanced Key, a first aid kit, and a wheel upgrade.

I would only need 2.0 T premium plus with remote start (if available). No other add ons I guess.

Thanks,
    it was Bell Audi in Edison, you could talk to Adnan who offered the 2.0T deal to me. I ended up not buying from them since they didn't have the right color 3.0T in stock.
  • boothie_njboothie_nj Member Posts: 2
    hey - just bought a Q5 2.0T in NJ for: $42,700 + $300 documentary fees + tax & registration fees (7% + $371)

OTD: $46.5k

Specs:
    2.0T Premium Plus
    w/ Navigation

What do you guys think of the deal?

Dealer: Princeton Audi
  • mihaidanilamihaidanila Member Posts: 8
    Was this a 2014 model?
  • boothie_njboothie_nj Member Posts: 2
    yes. 2014. Metallic paint option - monsoon gray
    Sounds like a great deal. Congrats on your new Q5!
  • vijaykrishnavijaykrishna Member Posts: 5
    Yes it is the drive out price. 46k included title tax registration and everything.
  • ksusarlaksusarla Member Posts: 9
    $44,974 + taxes and fees was the best i could get on a 2014 Audi Q5 after a grueling 2.5hr negotiation. What do guys think, is this a good deal i could get ?

2.0T Premium Quattro
    Lava Grey Metallic
    Black Interior
    Ash Interior Trim
    MMI Navigation and Premium plus package
    Premium Audio
    19" x 8.0" 5-arm-star design wheels with 235/55 all-season tires
    Sport Interior Package(Front sport seats with four-way power lumbar adjustments; 3-spoke steering wheel with shift paddles)
    First Aid Kit(free of charge)
    Wheel lock(free of charge)

TMV of this configuration seems to be around $45,345 :confuse:
    Your configuration should have MSRP near $48.5k. Your price of $44,974 is nearly 7% below MSRP. That's a great deal. Be happy about it.
  • shadowchasershadowchaser Member Posts: 94
    I have to say, responses like that are unhelpful. MSRP is a very unhelpful guideline and often irrelevant. Invoice price is sometimes irrelevant (depending on the car, the current dealer incentives etc etc) but usually a better benchmark.

Basically, the answer to that post should be... That is still high, I got a much better price... or... I was able to negotiate well and couldn't get a price as good as that. The writer is asking for comparisons to others to know if his price was good. He/she already knows what the msrp is.

Saying to be thankful for that price is not helpful. One should only be thankful if the price is a good one based on what other savvy negotiators are getting.

Makes me think the poster is a dealer.
    Thanks shadowchaser! I have to agree with you.
    roadragee, i am not an unreasonable man. If the dealer had valued my trade-in atleast somewhere near kbb value, i'd have just taken the deal.
    For a 2011 mazd3 in excellent condition(2 new tires and a new battery) with barely 27k mileage the trade-in value was at $15k. :sick:
    edited August 2013
    @shadowchaser

If you have been keeping up with the earlier posts in this thread, you will find that Audi dealers do not discount much on Q5. Without any set discount one can receive (Supplier program 6%, Employee Program, Military discount, loyalty offer, competitor offer etc), the best deal savvy buyers can expect to get is at invoice pricing. Invoice price on Audi Q5 is typically around 6-7% off MSRP. Most buyers settle for invoice + $$$ (3-5% off MSRP) as dealers are not budging.

If you are on this thread, it can be assumed that one has read and researched previous posts in a quest of getting the best answer. After all, in this anonymous postings, everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt. You should do your due diligence comparing various data/answers,

My comment of 7% off MSRP and "be Happy" is all based on data from previous posts, thus an accurate indication of what people are paying.

But what can you offer, other than short-sighted criticism?
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    The original poster was asking if his or her deal was the best they could get. No one can really answer that question as there are too many variables and unknowns. Your observation the price paid was a percentage off MSRP which seems a good deal was a spot on response.

The comment by Shadow was unnecessary and it contributed nothing to the goal of this thread.

The time to be concerned about the price paid is most effective before the price is paid.

The fact is most Audi dealers are not willing to negotiate much. They believe Audi vehicles are so special people should be honored the Audi dealer was willing to sell to them. Apparently they are correct as there are many people who are willing to pay a bit more for the German mystic.
  • shadowchasershadowchaser Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    We must disagree roadragee.

I will say again.. It is arrogant to tell someone to "Be happy" with what you got.

Who are you to lecture? One is happy if one gets a good price based on other's experience. What is helpful is seeing other people's experience.. not your lecturing.

You are either a dealer... or should be one. Why are you lecturing people... and then telling me my posts aren't helpful. My post was clearly helpful to the poster right after me? Yes, I haven't read every single post going back. Does that disqualify me from posting? I think it will disqualify most. This isn't my job... unless I was a dealer. Then it would be my job. If I am a normal user of these forums, then I need the most current info which would generally use the most recent posts. Again, who are you to lecture and tell others how to use this forum?

No one can really answer what the best deal is.. but they can give the price they got which, if lower than others posted gives a guidepost to someone else. Giving the MSRP as a guidepost is useless when compared to invoice and other people's prices paid.

What Audi dealers think about their cars is just posturing. They will get what the market bears. They definitely think there is a mystique to these cars and certainly tout that mystique... but prices go with the market. When there is competition, when there are incentives that the dealers are trying to meet etc, the prices respond.
    I have had to pay sticker price on cars when they were selling all they could get (Volvo xc90 during its first year). Later, when the supply increased and there were other similar cars in the market, the prices came down significantly. Same thing with the Honda Odyssey. When they came out several years ago with a bigger design and couldn't make enough, the price was high....and there is certainly no mystique.

Don't be fooled by radragee (what an obnoxious name). Audi dealers definitely do negotiate. I recieved a very good price, well under invoice on my 2012 Q5 when I bought it in late 2011. They wanted to move those cars and were willing to deal... mystique or no.

After driving it for 2 years by the way, I am not sure I still agree with it having such a mystique. The 8 gear shifter is often unsure of itself in the low gears with hesitation on acceleration.. or dropping down too fast. I am told by audi that that is how they are designed.

The brakes squeal like crazy, particularly in the winter. They have worked on them extensively but admit that it is in the design of "high end" brakes. What a joke. They believe there will be a new design to get rid of that problem in future. Meanwhile, my 40 K car makes noise that honda drivers laugh at... and the dealer tries to say that is the sign of a high end car. what bs.

The controls remain utterly logical but utterly complicated. I still want to push one button for a preset on my radio rather than the distracted push of one button, a roll of a wheel, and another push when I scroll (with my eyes off the road) to the right station. Horrible design. Designing things that are distracting unnecessarily.. is unethical.

So... trash me because I don't agree we should kowtow to the dealers posturing... or to accepting everything about this expensive car because it is superb "German Engineering"...

but my point will find resonance in others who experience the same thing.
  • holyrollyholyrolly Member Posts: 2
    Im in Houston Texas,

What should I expect to Pay/Lease for a 2014 Q5 2.0 - MSRP Price 47325 - Dealer Discount - 954 = True Price $46371.

How much lower can a Dealer get to invoice Price?

Thanks

Options Below

Premium Plus Package
    Audi Advanced Key
    Lighting Package
    Auto-Dimming & Power-Folding Outside Mirrors
    Auto-Dimming Interior Mirror w/Digital Compass
    3-Step Heated Front Seats
    2-Position Driver Side Memory
    Deep Tinted 2-Panel Panorama Sunroof
    Power Opening/Closing Tailgate
    Aluminum Trunk Edge Trim & Door Sills
    Audi Xenon Plus Headlights

Additional Options
    Audi Guard Protection Kit
    Audi MMI Navigation Plus Package
    8-Color Driver Information Display
    Audi Parking System Plus w/Rear View Camera
    Audi Connect w/Online Services
    Bang & Olufsen Sound System
    edited August 2013
    @shadowchaser

dude..seriously?

Obviously, you had a problem with a statement I wrote; "Be Happy about it" How is this "Lecturing"? I am merely implying it's a good deal and one should be happy! How is this a bad thing?????

and WHO"S LECTURING WHO???? YOU ARE THE ONE LECTURING what tone of language should be written here and what a proper response to a question must be.

and YOU ARE THE ONE TRASHING ME for providing an useful information and explaining a proper background data behind it. Furthermore, you are all getting personal about this, even going the distance by trashing my 'obnoxious' user name.

I never said Audi Dealers do not negotiate. It all depends on the time of the year, inventory level at the dealers, market value, any sales promotion, location, market of the area, the willingness of a dealer to make you a deal, and so many other factors/variables. Smart, savvy buyers shop around to get the deal that they will "BE HAPPY" with.

Again, all I have done is providing an information. all based on what people have been posting here. Why? Because I want everyone shopping for Q5 be an informed shopper and get the best deal possible.
    you can do better, I posted earlier the exact same config I was offered $42800 (including $1000 Audi loyalty rebate). I think Conquest rebate is the same if you currently own BMW, Merc, Lexus, etc
    just FYI what I paid

2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus
    Monsoon Grey Paint
    Navigation
    $43900 + $200 doc fee + tax (inc. $1K Loyalty rebate)

Not many 2013 left but I think it was a smoking deal for a 3.0T. MSRP was $48820.

Happy car hunting!
    Thanks Guys. I checked with another dealer(B) with this quote and he said outright that he can't match it. Dealer A did mention, if I have own an Audi, he can knock off another $1k as loyalty offer.

But i am a new owner; seems like I have to wait until holiday season when showrooms are deserted or just go with this price.
  • mike10980mike10980 Member Posts: 1
    Hey,

That is a great deal!! Do you mind posting your salesperson's information, and if the car came with any extra upgrades (Audi guard, wheel locks, etc.)?

Thanks!!

Mike
  • jlo331jlo331 Member Posts: 2
    Hi - I'm negotiating price on a 2014 Q5 TDI. The MSRP is approx 53.5. Dealer today told me that he can get me to invoice + 300 - $1000 for customer acquisition. This all sounded good until i started looking at invoices online (building same car/specs). Several sites bring up invoice prices that are about $1500 less than the number I am being told by dealer is "invoice."

When being shown the invoice at the dealer - am i seeing the real deal? I was told today at dealership that Audi is no longer doing holdbacks.

I thought I was on the right track...any advice out there?
    You can verify Edmunds true market value tool; it gives you the option to build the vehicle with the all details and gives you three prices, MSRP, invoice and true market value. Hope this helps!
    I just need a quick clarification, isnt supplier price a little above the ainvoice price ?
    We finally settled on the price for the following config as supplier price-6%
    2014 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus
    Lava Grey
    Black leather
    Premium Plus
    Audi MMI package
    19.5 inch wheels
    Premium Audio
    First Aid kit
    Wheel lock
    Cargo Net
  • next2000next2000 Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2013
    Hi,

I am looking for an Audi Q5 Premium Plus 2.0T in the Chicagoland area.

Option1: New 2013 Model

Option2: Used 2011 or 2012 Model with <= 18k miles.

What should be the best price I can expect from dealers in the Chicago/Midwest region?

Thanks
  • teris10teris10 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    Hi all.

I've been offered a Q5 Premium plus with navigation for 42,000 even (8% below MSRP) plus tax, title license and doc fee. I got 1.9% financing. Good deal?

Thanks for your insights!
    Yup, sounds like a very good deal. Any details on which year,location and do you any customizations like wheels or added features like premium audio ?
    Thanks, ksusarla. It's a 2014. Nothing besides premium plus and navigation (no wheels or premium audio). I believe MSRP was around $46.500. Contemplating Audi Care now. I'm in CA, but would rather not post exact location until deal is closed. But I will once I close if it will help people.

Anyone have thoughts on Audi Care pricing? Price is negotiable from what I have read.
    Definitely a very good deal. Makes me wonder why dealer is offering for a price well below the invoice. If i were you, i'd just have the dealer print the invoice with details and VIN and sign it right away! [my $0.02] :)
    The deal wasn't difficult to get -- no long negotiation process or anything. Based on that, I didn't assume it was a great deal, but I felt it was fair.
  • cdeneocdeneo Member Posts: 5
    I am negotiating for a Q5 3.0 TFSI and am down to the final numbers. I am looking for advice on the Audi Care package. I am quoted $820 but have read before that this is negotiable as well.

Can you please share your experiences here - what is a good number to settle on? Also, is it recommended to go for the additional extended warranty now or should that be tacked on as needed towards the end of the manufacturer's warranty.

I would appreciate a quick response since I need to go in to finalize the numbers later today!
  • f1xpf1xp Member Posts: 1
    I know this doesn't help your cause, but can you give insight into what you were able to negotiate the price down to? Also what options are on the car?

Thanks and good luck.
  • cdeneocdeneo Member Posts: 5
    7% off of msrp. Audi Q5 3.0 w Navigation, Floor Mats and Wheel Locks. The dealer wasn't willing to budge on the Audi Care pkg unless I bought a couple other pkg offerings.

Any insight on Audi Care + other pkgs would be very helpful to hear from ppl - interior care pkg, exterior 3M shield pkg, etc.

At this point I just got the car but am still in the market for audi care + other stuff.

Looking for guidance :)
    Finally closing my deal as my 2014 Q5 comes in tomorrow. The exact car I wanted was unavailable, but still got the same deal percentage wise off MSRP. Had the same question as a previous poster here. Negotiating for Audi Care. I know it's possible to get it in non-tax states like Oregon so I assume other states will negotiate it. Is anyone getting it discounted beyond sales tax?
  • next2000next2000 Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

Got an offer for a 2014 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus Black (no other options) for $40,900 + TTL.
    MSRP is 42,095.

Is this a good deal or can it better in the Chicagoland area?
  • pmendupmendu Member Posts: 14
    MSRP - 47000, dealer asking for 46000, anyone got better deals?
  • martin2498martin2498 Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2013
    All,

Am looking to purchase two cars for the family, so I feel like that alone should help with the deal (one car we had was recently totaled in an accident)...am in the market for 2014 A4 and 2014 Q5. The prices I am getting (before taxes and any extended warranty) is 39 for fully loaded A4 and about 49-50, for fully loaded Q5. What do you think of the pricing? I feel they may be able to do a bit better...We are between those two and a Lexus AWD IS 250 & RX 350. Wanted to get some opinions, any advice would be great. Would be paying cash and am in MA.
  • mario33mario33 Member Posts: 1
    Nope, you can do better .. you are still above invoice..
    Anyone got good deals in Carlsbad ca? They say no incentives at all for q5 since long time due to it being hot selling model and not much inventory on lot.

Looking for 2.0 with navi and b&o.
  • ejb5ejb5 Member Posts: 7
    I have been able to get invoice pricing at multiple dealers. not lower though. not for lack of trying

although i have been able to fend off all the BS default add ons the dealerships throw on
  • rr70rr70 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all - Been a while since posting on these boards (our family keeps our cars a long time!) and looking for reaction. Considering a 2013 Q5 Hybrid Prestige w/sport interior as only add. It's loaded (as the Prestige-level is) Has about 3k demo miles on it driven by dealership exec. List is north of $52k, can buy for $46k. Thinking this is an excellent deal if we want the hybrid over the traditional combustion-only Audi experience. Drove the vehicle and it is very smooth (and quiet). You do not get the engine or exhaust notes that the combustion-only cars have, but I'm not overly concerned about it. Thoughts on the deal? Thinking we should pull the trigger.

FWIW, we owned a '01 A4 1.8T Avant and, despite many problems, loved it - until the known oil sludge issue nearly fried the car at 65k miles. We've missed the stick-to-the-road-like-glue in any weather handling of Audi Quattro and thinking of giving the brand another chance with the Q5.

Thanks
  • suirsuir Member Posts: 5
    MSRP $46,450
    Closed deal $42,000
    edited September 2013
    Suir - could you pls let me know the details at pmendu(at)gmail.com
    I am in market for 2014 Q5 w/ following specs in San Diego, CA.
    All the dealers are quoting ONLY $1k less than MSRP 47,000 ( Any good deals anyone got recently?
    ">

Hi Suir, Could you let me know the place?