Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• roadrageeroadragee Member Posts: 135
    one more...

Please also post same thing for 2014 Q5 TDI

Thanks!
  • iamgortiamgort Member Posts: 82
    edited July 2013
    I'd like to know this month's residual/MF on 2013 3.0T premium plus please. :) (36mo/10K and 24mo/10K).
  • hoops25hoops25 Member Posts: 3
    Hello. What would be a reasonable lease payment per month for the following car in California?

SQ5
    Monsoon Grey
    Prestige
    Comfort
    $2,500 down
    15,000 mi per year
    36 months

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated as I am in the process of negotiating the sales price and lease rate with a dealership.

Thanks.
  • dfd3dfd3 Member Posts: 57
    Hi CarMan:

I have ordered a 2014 SQ5 and am hoping for an August delivery. Can you provide the July 2014 residuals and money factors? I ordered a Premium + and am looking for 36 month 15K factors. Thanks!
  • lilalocalilaloca Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Its my first time leasing a car. When i'm at the desk negotiating, should I negotiate the final price of the car first or the monthly payments. And what else should I look for.
    edited July 2013
    I am no Car_Man.. but in his absence, I have some official info.

AFS July MF & RV for Top tier customers

2014 Q5 2.0T Prem/Prem+ 36month, 12k/yr ==> 0.00162 & 57%

2014 Q5 TDI Prem+ 36 month, 12k/yr ==> 0.00160 & 59%

for 15k/yr, subtract 2% RV.
    Hi roadragee:

Anything on the 2014 SQ5 Premium +? 36 month, 15K miles/year.

Thanks!
    edited July 2013
    Hi dfd3

AFS MF & RV for 2014 SQ5 P+ 36 month, 15k/yr for Top Tier customers are (July)

0.00161 & 57%
  • iamgortiamgort Member Posts: 82
    could you post the 2014 RV/MF for 3.0 (gas )10K/year? premium plus and prestige please
    Wow - 57% residual on a 15K/year lease? That seems high, but if so, that's good news. Are you sure that's not for a 10K or 12K lease?
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, pretty good isn't it? With TDI, the residual value is now comparable with what BMW/M-Benz offer for gasoline X3/GLK. Still, the not as favorable rent charge rate (MF) makes the Q5 a bit more expensive with higher payment than those.

2014 Q5 3.0T P+, 36month, 15k/yr ==> 0.00163, 56%
    2014 Q5 3.0T Prestige, 36month, 15k/yr ==> 0.00163, 52%

2% higher for 12k/yr
    So, just to clarify, the 57% and .00161 are for the SQ5, not the Q5, correct? Is the residual and/or MF any different on the SQ5 Prestige? And, I'm assuming that AFS still adds 1% to the residual for purchasing Audicare, right?

Many thanks for your assistance!!!!!!
    Correct - from the information I have. MF & RV are basically same for Q5 TDI & SQ5. Prestige models have lower RV. Glad I could help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi roadragee. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00120 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2014 model are .00162 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Ah ha. The TDI as well. OK, AFS' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Q5 TDI Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly iamgort. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00121 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00121 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, dfd3. Through August 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome lilaloca. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, to me the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gort. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Q5 3.0 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00163 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for the Prestige model is the same, but the residual value is much less attractive...4% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,

What purchase price and/or lease payment would be reasonable for a

SQ5
    Monsoon Grey
    Prestige
    Comfort

I am looking at the following lease in CA and have negotiated the following lease:

$2,500 down
    15,000 mi per year
    36 months
    $1,025 Monthly payment including taxes, fees, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Thank you Car_Man!

Much appreciated.
    Thank you, Car_Man! I appreciate the info!

And, I assume that AFS will still add 1% to the residual for purchasing AudiCare, correct?
  • gb47gb47 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man!

What lease payment/terms would be reasonable for a Q5 premium plus?

Thanks!!
  • gb47gb47 Member Posts: 2
    There would be 15k miles per year.
    edited July 2013
    From the information you provided and current Audi Financial Services's MF & RV, it looks like you are leasing the car at MSRP and more.

MSRP $62000
    Downpayment $2500
    Net Cap Cost $59500
    Acquisition Fee $695
    Registration $504
    MF 0.00161
    RV 53%

The lease payment based on above criteria is $1008.24 including tax, fee, registration. So your monthly payment of $1025 is certainly looking quite high.

SQ5 is a new vehicle in demand, thus dealers may not want to discount much. However, If you already own Audi, you get automatic $1000 off. and there is always a room for negotiation, especially in CA where there are many dealers (Greater LA by any chance?)

Good luck~ SQ5 is going to be awesome Q5!
    You're very welcome roadragee.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome dfd3. You're correct, AudiCare does provide a 1% bump.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gb47. If you provide me with this vehicle's MSRP and dealer invoice price I can work up a payment for you. You can find that information in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
    I renegotiated under $1K...Thank you very much for the advice!
  • nupeskee1nupeskee1 Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2013
    Looking to get lease numbers for SQ5 for 36, 42, and 60 months at 12k and 15k miles. Include MF and RV. MSRP is 60,345. Purchase price $55,724. Thanks
  • nupeskee1nupeskee1 Member Posts: 18
    Forgot to inlcude invoice pricing. $56,214 minus the $895 for shipping
  • holyrollyholyrolly Member Posts: 2
    Im in Houston Texas,

What should I expect to Pay/Lease for a 2014 Q5 2.0 - MSRP Price 47325 - Dealer Discount - 954 = True Price $46371.

How much lower can a Dealer get to invoice Price?

Thanks

Options Below

Premium Plus Package
    Audi Advanced Key
    Lighting Package
    Auto-Dimming & Power-Folding Outside Mirrors
    Auto-Dimming Interior Mirror w/Digital Compass
    3-Step Heated Front Seats
    2-Position Driver Side Memory
    Deep Tinted 2-Panel Panorama Sunroof
    Power Opening/Closing Tailgate
    Aluminum Trunk Edge Trim & Door Sills
    Audi Xenon Plus Headlights

Additional Options
    Audi Guard Protection Kit
    Audi MMI Navigation Plus Package
    8-Color Driver Information Display
    Audi Parking System Plus w/Rear View Camera
    Audi Connect w/Online Services
    Bang & Olufsen Sound System
  • av8tr2av8tr2 Member Posts: 1
    Hello CarMan,

Would appreciate your insight into the following lease options (considering both cars)

Q5 2.0 and TDI
    10K Miles / Year
    36 month term
    Stellar credit
    Audi Supplier Discount (MSRP-6%)

Would you please share with me the latest MF and Residuals?

Thanks!
  • darrenk4darrenk4 Member Posts: 1
    Carman,

I am considering two cars. Both 2014 Q5. Can you tell me the MF and Residual for each @ 12k/mi at 36 and 39 months?

Config 1:
    2.0T Prem Plus
    Sport Package
    B&O
    sticker price 43745
    Audi Supplier Price 41120
    Audi Loyalty -1000
    Selling price 40120

Config 2
    3.0T Prem Plus
    Sport Package
    B&O
    sticker price 46645
    Audi Supplier Price 43846
    Audi Loyalty -1000
    Selling Price 42846
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I'm sorry, but it doesn't look like we'll have Audi lease numbers for August.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• drkimbledrkimble Member Posts: 1
    Hi, brand new here. Hoping someone can help.

I'm being quoted between $570 and $580 per month for a 36 month lease, 15k miles, $5,000 out of pocket for a 2014 q5 premium plus with nav, MSRP around $46,500. The payments seem high to me? What would a good price be for this lease?

Thanks very much
  • cb444cb444 Member Posts: 3
    I have never leased a car so I appreciate your help. This is for a 36mo lease and 10k miles from Audi Springfield in Springfield, Missouri.

MSRP: $47,845
    Invoice: $44,564
    Tentative Negotiated price: $46,845

The dealer showed me a printout with a payment of $633/mo with $6,000 paid out of pocket (incl. 1st payment, security deposit, tax on down payment, license, title, and documentation). Is this a fair payment? If not, what should it be based on whatever latest lease numbers you have.

Thank you!
    cb4
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    You should be able to get much closer, if not below the invoice, the negotiated price seems too high.
    Additionally, why would anyone want to pay $6K up front, it's way too much, especially considering the resulting monthly payment. Take a look at the earlier posts for better deal numbers. Good luck!
  • drryldrryl Member Posts: 1
    Yeah that sounds like a pretty bad deal...

$6000 + ($633 * 36 months) = $28,788

You're essentially agreeing the car will lose 60% of its value (not the case), and you're still only getting 10k miles per year.

You may be able to negotiate the purchase price lower, but mainly you're getting killed on a totally wack estimate of the car's residual value after 3 years.

I haven't begun my own negotiations yet – but I would not agree to those terms.
    Hi Car_man:

My 2014 SQ5 is due at the dealer later this month. You were kind enough to share AFS August 2013 lease factors several weeks back. Do you have their September 2013 SQ5 lease factors? Looking at 36 month, 15K miles, SQ5 Premium Plus.

Thank you, sir!
    Still trying to understand what is possible in a lease. These 36mo/10k lease offers are from 09/03 - 10/01 at a dealer in St. Louis. Are they good deals?

1) 3.0T Premium Plus, MSRP $45295, $2000 down, $3163 due at signing, security deposit waived,
    $519/month, purchase for $26724 at end of lease.

2) 3.0TDI Premium Plus, MSRP $47395, $2500 down, $4273 due at signing, security deposit $550,
    $529/month, purchase for $28437 at end of lease.

The total due at signing includes an acquisition fee of about $695. Does the rest of the amount due at signing go towards the price of the car? For both options, the purchase price at the end of the lease is within $100 of the original purchase price (MSRP) plus the total monthly payments over the lease term. I don't know if that is coincidence. How is the ending purchase price actually calculated?

I used the Edmunds lease article to create a spreadsheet for estimating monthly payment for a lease. It includes an estimate for monthly interest and sales tax. For option 2, it estimates a monthly payment of $567. Does that mean the original price paid was less than MSRP?

Thanks,
    cb4
    It was an interesting day in the process of trying to lease a Q5. The salesman at the local Audi dealer said they require 10% down on a custom build order and that the sales price is MSRP i.e. there is no negotiation. Based on what I have read here I can get a better deal so I have expanded my search to include the nearest cities... I'll keep you posted and thanks for the feedback.

cb4
  • vision_txvision_tx Member Posts: 13
    Car_man,

Thanks for all the assistance you give in this forum. Much appreciated.

I'm curious about the MF and residual factor for:

2014 Q5 Prestige
    S-line package
    Driver Assist Package
    MSRP = $59,750

Hoping to negotiate down about 6-7% off MSRP. I'm also curious how much the RV and MF vary from region of the country to the other as well. Thanks in advance.
  • pcullen1pcullen1 Member Posts: 41
    drryl, that information is definitely not accurate. I have an A5 and was going to order it, they said same terms as one that was on the showroom. I was going to put $1,000 down and purchase price would have been same markdown as one on the lot. If they aren't willing to budge I'd find a different dealer.
    " Do you have their September 2013 SQ5 lease factors? Looking at 36 month, 15K miles, SQ5 Premium Plus. "

.00167 and 57% for 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

"MF and residual factor for:

2014 Q5 Prestige
    S-line package
    Driver Assist Package "

.00170 and 52% residual... 36 mo., 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx! I notice that apparently the MF and residual are better for the SQ5 than they are the Prestige. Is that typically the way it runs? That 5% difference between 52% and 57% is significant....significant enough to help me reach up for the SQ5 which is the one I actually want. I'll have to run the numbers but that's a pretty big delta...the money factor is better to apparently, though barely so.

Appreciate the assistance.
    edited September 2013
    In general, the Prestige trim in every Audi model has a much lower residual value than the Premium Plus trim...

The spread is about 4 percentage points, with either the Q5 or the SQ5..

Q5 3.0T Premium Plus = 56%
    Q5 3.0T Prestige = 52%
    SQ5 Premium Plus = 57%
    SQ5 Prestige = 53%

(36mo/45K)

So... skip the Prestige package and get a loaded up Premium Plus, and you'll save a lot on an Audi lease..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx. One more question....a dealer in my area is trying to say marking up the money factor (from .0017 let's say to well over .002) is standard practice for a dealer. I would think it's standard practice to try, but isn't reasonable to expect that I should be able to get the MF down to the numbers quoted here? My credit is outstanding. Thanks!
    It happens more than it doesn't.... With Euro import dealers, it almost is standard practice...

But, you notice how the story has changed? First, the dealer says it's because of the higher mileage allowance.... now, it's because everybody does it..

The reality? When you were finalizing your lease, he was trying to win your business.... Once he had it, and you wanted changes, he sees you as being committed, and uses that to his advantage... Ever build a house? Upgrades are cheap when you are finalizing your contract, but change orders all come at full price...

Tell him you are disappointed that he would try to extract extra profit from you, when what you asked for doesn't cost him anything.. and, then... ask for the base rate that he agreed to, previously... even with the higher mileage allowance...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.