Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• yuliyuli Member Posts: 1
    How much is Audi Care on the Q5 and how much does it add to the residual? I thought it was 1% but the previous post notes 2%.

Also, I believe the Premium Plus residual is currently 45% for 15,000 miles/yr. Am I correct that the 10,000 mile/yr. residual is 48%.

Thanks in advance.
  • cubbiestimcubbiestim Member Posts: 3
    Now that the Summer of Audi offers have expired, any suggestion on the best time to lease? Should I wait for a 2010 or go in at the end of the month to try for a deal on a 2009 sitting on the lot?
  • derrick_nyderrick_ny Member Posts: 1
    So glad that I found this forum, learn a lot :)

Could any one tell me is there any promotion for the Q5 in New York, Queens?
  • havebluehaveblue Member Posts: 7
    I really like reading this forum, the quality of the responses from members and moderators alike always seems high. Thanks in advance!

This sound good from a DC area dealer?

Premium Plus w/ Nav $43,725 (includes $500 disc.)
    Tax, Doc Fees & DMV ~$1500
    Total Price: $45,206
    36 month / 12k year
    $2500 Cap Cost Reduction

$681.39 / Month

I got numbers for 30 & 42 month 12k leases if anyone is interested..
  • lakeshow1lakeshow1 Member Posts: 6
    I just got the meteor gray premium plus with Nav. and 19 inch wheels:

MSRP est $46500.00
    Invoice est $44075.73 (I paid invoice)
    42 Month lease rate .00143
    Residual 47% with Audi Care and 12k miles per year
    $2189.46 to start $700.00 including taxes in California

I was able to negotiate at invoice. How does this look? Thanks.
  • daveswpadaveswpa Member Posts: 2
    Got a lease quote on a 2010 Q5 this weekend, and the dealer is trying to charge me a tax rate that is 3% higher than my local sales tax. When questioned, he said it was a "use tax" that gets paid to Audi USA, and that such a use tax is standard on all leases, Audi or otherwise. And, no, this isn't just the interest rate/money factor, but is an add-on to the base lease price. Anyone ever hear of this.

Thanks
    Have tried three dealerships in the Chicago area. I visited two dealerships in person and contacted a third by email to get a quote on a 2010 Premium Plus. All they will provide is the amount of the total monthly payment. I pin one down on sales price, residual and money factor, but he will not provide additional fees that drive the cost up $50 per month over my calculations. I explain he is too high based on the numbers provided and to clarify license, doc, registration...any other fees to explain the discrepancy. No response.

Schaumburg Audi flat out refuses to provide me a quote. I met with the sales guy (Al) who took my info and promised to email me a quote on a 2010 Premium Plus in a specific color combo they did not have on the lot. He never got back to me. I sent an email and he called to say he got the email. Still no quote. I like to Q5 but it's certainly not the only vehicle out there. Thinking I'm better off sticking with BMWs like I've had for the last 8 years. The Infiniti EX is supposed to come out with a new design in 2010. May just wait based on this first attempt with Audi.
  • lakeshow1lakeshow1 Member Posts: 6
    Q5s are rated #1 in category and are in high demand but it is still shocking they wouldnt give you all of the numbers. I would speak to the manager.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    Sounds like Pennsylvania?

Tax on leases is an extra 3% in PA.. it's got nothing to do with Audi..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• daveswpadaveswpa Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. Yes, I'm in PA.

(This was from the same salesperson who told me that it would violate state law for him to give me a copy of their lease quote!)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    LOL...

Well... at least he got the tax thing mostly right... Extra 3% on leases in PA>

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• hooper610hooper610 Member Posts: 4
    Any reason I shouldn't go with a 2009 over a 2010 at this time? The dealer has a few 09's left and the lease is about $40 less a month?
    Forgot to mention, here is what I received on '10 Premium Plus lease @ 12k/36mo

MSRP 42,465
    Cap Cost 40,353
    Cap Reduction $0
    Residual 50%
    Money Factor .00108

$1,253 due at signing and 657.15

Financing deals will change the end of this month.
    That sounds pretty much like what I am getting quoted though in Illinois I have to pay 8% tax on the entire value of the car which brings my monthly payment up. How does the $1,253 at signing break down and what do you know about the changing finance terms next month? Thanks.
    Sorry that $1253 number was a little off since it included some cap reduction to lower the monthly fee which I have since decided against. Anyway what is due at signing is:
    1st Payment
    Acquisition Fee of $625
    Tag Fee of $150

Not sure about changes in financing next month. I put down $500 to secure a vehicle for delivery in early September. The sales rep said I could finance with what is available now or at September's rates if they are better.
  • d4mod4mo Member Posts: 3
    hi what should I expect to pay for the following Q5

Premium plus
    Sat Nav

$2,000 down 36 Months /12,000 miles ??
  • flyersruleflyersrule Member Posts: 47
    I am a friend of someone who works for Penske. They get a friends and family discount on the Audi Q5. The discount is 300 over invoice.

They got me in touch with a dealer in CT (I am in NJ) and these are the numbers he is quoting me.
    Everything is over the phone - I think I got all of the numbers correct:

2010 Q5 Premium Plus with Nav,
    Meteor Gray, Light Grey Interior

Purchase
    MSRP: $45,700
    Invoice: $43,260
    0 Down
    Out the door: $47,169 - Includes all NJ taxes, fees

Finance Purchase
    3.9% @ 36 months - $1,392

Lease
    36 @ 10,000
    $2,180 down
    Residual 51%
    $673.95 month

36 @ 12,000
    $2,193 down
    Residual not sure
    $687.03 month

How do they sound? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    I got a friends & family discount on our Meteor Gray w/black interior - Prestige Pkg for $47,140.00 (6% off list $50,150.00 - which is lower than invoice), less trade in (beat all others).

Being delivered around the 18th. Check your various dealers. Not many customers out spending $50K on cars at the moment.
  • grkmecgrkmec Member Posts: 12
    Flyersrule,

Sounds like good deal on the price. I am also in the market for a Q5 and in Fairfield county, so I was hoping you were willing to share with me your dealer info and who your sales associate is. Can you please e-mail me this info. My e-mail is grkmec "AT" yahoo "DOT" com

Thanks!
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    Hi,
    I was offered this "only today"- like lease deal on the leftover '09 from showroom, in NJ:
    Silver w/Premium Plus, MSRP ~$42K:
    3K down, $569/mo
    What do you think? I called one other dealer who told me that "it's a great price, I cannot beat it".
    Thanks,
    D
    Wel, it's too bad no one wanted to respond to my message. Anyway, I just took a delivery of a beautiful 2010 Premium Plus, in quartz gray.
    $2860 due at signing @ 575/mo for 42 mo lease w/12K miles.
    They also covered a remaining month on my Murano Lease ($388)
    Bell Audi in Edison, NJ, ask for Marc Levine, if anyone is interested.
  • tsoltsol Member Posts: 40
    Hi, Disla, sorry no-one answered your question. I just joined this particular forum myself. What was your discount in $ off of MSRP? Enjoy your new Q5!
    about $3K
    Can you quote current AFS lease rates ... MFs and residuals for 10k and 12k per year, 2010 Q5 premium-plus with Navi?

Thanks!
    Shame not much activity here ...
    Just leased 2010 Q5, prem plus, navi, mmi, B&O, 19" ... $46976 sticker, paid $800 over invoice.

Lease details at the time:

36 mo. 12k
    MF=0.00168
    Residual = 50%
    $2,249 plus 1st month of $750 to get out the door

In my opinion, an average deal ... not a steal, but didn't get ripped off either.
    Anyone have the new finance details from AFS?
    The sheet they were showing me had the rates through today, 09/01, so I would expect new details (changed or unchanged?) to be at the dealers tomorrow.
  • telebumptelebump Member Posts: 12
    Sorry - some newbie questions here on leasing. I've got a 2010 Q5 on order with my dealer with delivery expected in a few weeks. I've always been a buy and hold kind of car buyer, but am now more inclined to keep a car a few years and then trade in to get the newer, better technology that will inevitably come with time. I've never leased a car before but am thinking that may be a better option for me now. My questions are:

1. Does the dealer care if I am leasing or buying? In other words I was planning on buying but if I move to lease will they care?

2. I have a trade in with blue book of about 8K. How are trade-ins factored in, or do you not do a trade in with a new lease?

3. What is "residual" and "MF"?

Thanks for all the info.
  • womblewomble Member Posts: 28
    Hi Car Man, yes, can we please have the money factor and residuals for the Q5, premium plus with nav. 36 months, 12,000. Thank you!
  • bettencbbettencb Member Posts: 7
    Can you provide September terms for a 2010 Q5 Premium Plus -- 36 months, 15k/year? Also, does Audi have a MSD program similar to BMW? Thanks!
  • ss2878ss2878 Member Posts: 5
    Please let me know what dealer and the saleperson you worked with for this deal.

Thanks.
  • womblewomble Member Posts: 28
    where are the 2010s? I am looking for a silver with black interior and there appears to be one in the whole of southern california. Seems the cars are selling/leasing just a little under msrp.... I am in the market for one now, or in the next few weeks. any advice?
  • myleaseisupmyleaseisup Member Posts: 3
    I ordered a 2010 back in June and it's finally at port as of yesterday. Going to take delivery in 14-21 days. I ordered a premium plus, meteor grey with cinnamon interior, and 19" wheels. I haven't had much luck negotiating a super deal on this vehicle because of the demand and lack of inventory. The last quote I got was $3500 down, 15K per year, and a payment of around $675 per month. 36 month lease.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi tsol. Here's the info that you requested. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00108 and 50%, respectively. If you were to lease this truck with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi telebump. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In answer to your specific questions, no the dealer does not really care whether you are leasing your new vehicle or paying cash for it. You should be able to negotiate an attractive selling price on any sort of deal. The only difference is that Audi may have some cash incentives that are not compatible with its special lease program.

You can trade in your current vehicle when you lease a new one. However, since it is never a good idea to make a large down payment when leasing, you would be better off having the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease.

The articles that I linked above will explain what residuals and money factors are for, but in short monthly lease payments are made up of two parts, interest and depreciation. A vehicle's residual value is used to calculate the depreciation portion of a lease. The money factor is used to calculate the interest portion.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi womble. Here you go. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2010 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00108 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • audimanhoustonaudimanhouston Member Posts: 6
    Hey Carman,
    Below is the advertised lease offer on a premium plus Q5. Tried to back out the numbers and with 0.00108 MF and 51% residual it looks like audi took $1250 off MSRP of $42,225.

I will need to do 12K miles instead of 10K so I took residual down to 50% and the payment is about 12 dollars higher. How much better you think we can do here?

Thanks for the advice on the Ford BTW, you were right on no lease there. Looks like father in law will go with the Tundra

2010 Audi Q5 Premium Plus
    $549* lease per month for 36 months
    Now through November 2, 2009

Down payment: $1,999
    Refundable security deposit: $550
    Acquisition fee: $625
    First month's payment: $549
    Amount due at lease inception: $3,724
    Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees

*36-mo. closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by 11/2/2009. Rate based on $42,225 MSRP of 2010 Audi Q5 Premium Plus (includes destination charge). Purchase option at lease end for $21,535.

Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. See dealer for details.
  • xmonaxmona Member Posts: 9
    Just came back from a Audi dealer & gave me the following

2010 Q5 36 month/10 miles
    Premium pkg
    Panorama sunroof
    music interface
    Rear side airbags
    Heated front seats
    Bluetooth

gave me $4000 dn. incl tax,sec,1 month & fee
    36/$575

Is this a good deal?
    You're welcome audimanhouston. The 2010 Q5 Premium Plus that you mentioned probably has a spread of around $2,800 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to do better than a $1,250 dealer discount on this truck. Aim for another $500 to $1,000 off on top of that ($1,750 - $2,250 discount) and see what happens. The worst a dealer can do is say no.

Car_man
    Host
  • njandynjandy Member Posts: 26
    Car_man

I was just quoted for a premium plus with mmi 12K lease a money rate of .00125. I am in the audi supplier progam so the price was not negotiable (under invoice). Why would my rate be different? My credit is excellent but my $ due at signing seems to be below what people are posting.

Thanks,

Andy
  • nomatternomatter Member Posts: 36
    Does anyone know if Audi program allows multiple security deposits? If so, by how much each reduce the money factor? Thanks.
    Hey Andy. I'm not sure why the dealer quoted you a slightly different money factor for the car that you're interested in. The .00108 factor that I mentioned earlier was definitely correct and it is still available. It's not a huge difference, but it's worth asking the dealer about.

Car_man
    Host
  • paradiddle7paradiddle7 Member Posts: 63
    tsol:

I think $800 over invoice on that equipment on a car in low supply is pretty close to a steal. I'd say a steal would be about $500 over invoice. Audi does not have holdbacks, so the dealer made less than a 2% profit on that vehicle most likely. If they had to take that deal all the time, the sales department would go belly up fast.
    I've called dozens of Audi Dealers in the NY, PA, CT, NH, RI, OH area. There were maybe 3 cars on the ground that met my specs (Deep Sea Blue (Brown or Beige), Premium Plus + Nav, 19" 5-Spoke wheels). I was ok with B&O or more equipment too, airbags, mats, etc... Let me just say that any dealer with that actual car was unwilling to trade to any other dealer and only willing to reduce the price by $750. Considering I would have to fly and drive home, that's hardly a discount. I'm trying to work with my local dealer now to get me that car and keep the money in our local economy and save me a trip. Is anyone else running into the same scenario? Oh, most dealers also wanted to charge me an additional $300 for their bogus "doc" fee that they print right into their contracts.
  • ashishgashishg Member Posts: 2
    Hi Audimanhouston

Where did you find this lease deal? I am also looking for a similar deal and if I get this one in my state, I would be first one to grab it. Which state are you from?

Thanks
  • dpixdpix Member Posts: 7
    I'm currently in the market for a Q5 Premium Plus and this will be my first lease.... Although the price I was quoted for a 2010 Premium Plus was not attractive to me @ $628/month with 12k miles. I am currently requesting the price break down for how they arrived at this price and trying to lower it if possible.

My question though is related to my trade in, edmunds.com calculators lists my trade in @ approx $6500. If for example $4000 is needed at inception of lease, can the trade-in be used and the dealer cut a check for the difference, as depending on how much there are willing to give on trade-in ofcourse?

Is this possible? My guess is this should be worked out in advance, just wondering if this is standard or dealers require customer to come with some cash

Thanks in advance
    Use an auto lease calculator like this one: http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm to play with the costs and interest/mf, and residual.

I'm not sure how your vehicle is equipped, so I don't know the MSRP. Use that leaseguide.com site (read the articles) to see what expenses are in a lease and how everything is calculated and what can and can't be negotiated. Put ZERO down on a lease, never pay cash to reduce the capitalized cost of the vehicle (the actual negotiated selling price). You'll learn the reasons for this if you read articles about leasing.

Remember, there are 3 deals when buying/leasing a car and there are 3 distinct ways dealers make money. 1. The price of the new car, 2. The Financing, 3. The price they pay for your used car. Always ask for more of a discount on the car you are buying and more money for your trade-in. You will probably have a hard time getting a large discount on the Q5 but don't let them steal your trade-in. To get the best deal, always walk away from the deal the dealership is offering you and never call them back or inquire again. Let them come to you. If they don't call you back within a few days, you know they are at the best deal they are willing to offer you. You can always play dealers against each other too. Of course, you have to weigh out how much your time is worth to play these games.
    Hi dpix. It is in your best interest as a consumer to put as little money down as possible when leasing. Consumers who make large payments at lease signing on vehicles risk losing part or all of that money if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you will be much better off going with a zero down lease.

As far as your trade goes, you absolutely can have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in it. I've don it before. That is a much better idea than using the proceeds from it as a capitalized cost reduction for your new lease. Just make sure that you tell the dealer that's what you want to do.

Car_man
    Host
  • dpixdpix Member Posts: 7
    Great....... Thank you sooo much
This discussion has been closed.