Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• paradiddle7paradiddle7 Member Posts: 63
    I was being completely sarcastic about the mistakes comment. I was making the same point you illustrated! How the heck can you make a "mistake" when there's mathematics involved and especially when software is available to do the math for us. I actually write software, so before I had my Q5, I had a 328xi and I spent about 30 minutes writing my own lease calculator on my Motorola Q, which was running Windows Mobile 5, at the time. Of course the dealer kept trying to change numbers and confuse me, so each time I would have him write down the cap cost, MF, down payment etc... I would plug them all in and tell him the exact payment and of course he would come up with one $14 higher, or $12 higher etc... I'm convinced that the dealerships write their own software that include fudge factors or will show incorrect values and then they say, "Well, I can't control the numbers, the computer figures it all out." because there's no way this software program was figuring out the numbers correctly. When I would challenge them, they would say that the incorrect MF was used etc...
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    No, dealerships, as a general rule, do not write their own software programs. They simply don't have the in-house resources to perform that kind of task. Most dealerships contract with independent software providers such as Reynolds and Reynolds in Dayton, Ohio or Lease Link in Chicago. Also, many fund providers develop their own software programs, some of which, intentionally scam customers. Because there are no laws requiring standardized practices for computing payments, monthly or otherwise, or lease balances for that matter; fund providers have carte blanche to do as they please. For example, Fifth Third Bank once used an interest rate to compute lease payments as though they were an ordinary annuity instead of an annuity due; GMAC still discounts the residual one month nearer to the present thus inflating the monthly lease payment slightly; FMC used to add 0.00110 to their tabled capitalization annuity factor to account for their industry high acquisition fee so that for every $1,000 of capitalized cost, consumers would pay an additional $1.10 each month just to cover Ford's acquisition fee. And so, fund providers have free reign; moving in many different directions. As such, there is no consistency or uniformity whatsoever. Talk about financial reform... geez Louise! And, the fund providers are usually the first to cry!

Inappropriate or skewed computations only serve to justify the rationale for incorporating standard computational methods in the Federal Reserve Bank Board’s Regulation M paralleling those of Appendix J found in its Regulation Z cousin. Unfortunately, such irregularities prove that people must continue to be subjected to laws and regulations; otherwise, they'll choose to do the wrong thing by preserving their own selfish interests instead of preserving those of the greater good.

John
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, hcanter. You'll definitely enjoy the S4...it's a sweet car :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go, rajgn.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00170 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

AFS probably does have an MSD program, but I'm not sure of the specifics.

Car_man
    Host
    While a discussion about how dealerships work and regulation can be interesting, this is not the place for it. Let's try to steer the conversation back to leasing the Q5. Thanks everyone.

Car_man
    Host
  • audieddyaudieddy Member Posts: 52
    Need residual and money factor for a Q5 premium (not premium plus) model with 10, 12 and 15k miles for a 3 year lease. If they have 4 year leases would be interested as well. Hoping to buy this weekend and torn between lease and buy. I get the loyalty bonue of 750 for lease but get 1500 for a purchase.

Separate question, I know the prevailing logic is put as little up front costs into the lease deal as possible, but I have a trade worth 10k and would like my payments to be as low as possible (for multiple reasons). Is there a way to preserve the tax benefit of a trade in on a lease? In Mass that adds another $600 to my bottom line. If I just take cash value, I don't get tax benefit.
  • geardoggeardog Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    In most states, you have to pay sales tax on anything you put up to reduce the capitalized cost of the lease, whether it be in cash or trade. Essentially, you are prepaying (buying) some of the depreciation, on which the tax is payable at lease inception. So from that standpoint, there is no benefit to trading in your old car. as opposed to selling it and pocketing the cash.

On the other hand, the cap cost is part of the calculation of the finance charge, so you'll save on "interest" (it isn't actually interest) if you reduce the cap cost.

Overall, the cheapest way to lease is to put 0 down, no trade-in (sell your old car yourself and pay no tax), and swallow the larger monthly payments, which can be paid partly with the money you get when you sell your old car. During normal times of inflation (it's coming again soon, trust me), those large monthly payments will be paid back with cheaper dollars.
    I spoke with a manager at local dealer who seemed to be a straight up guy especially knowing that I was a guy who does his homework. He gave me the following residual values for 36 month lease on a base premium model- 10k/56%, 12k/55%, 15k/53% and for 42 month lease 10k/52%, 12k/51%, 15k/49%. Lease rates were .0017 for 36 months and .0019 for 42 months.
    Does anyone know if Audicare add to the residual value of alease- when I leased my a4 about 5 months ago it added 1% to residual -in effect negating about 1/2 the cost of the plan.
  • lmariorodlmariorod Member Posts: 21
    Audicare does give you a percent or two better residual, however, it doesn't seem as good a deal as when you purchase. When you lease @ 36/10k you would use Audicare at 15k and 25k only, you never get to use the 35k and 45k unless you go way over allowed mileage.
    Even with 36/12k you may not reach 35k miles if you stay well within mileage.
    Whereas purchasing, with 4 years and 50k mile warranty, you'll use Audicare @ 15k,25k,35k and 45k all during your warranty period and therefore easily covering you in case of warranty issues with your Audi. Seems to be a better deal for purchase over leasing. IMO.
  • tips4lstips4ls Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

What is Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year?

Thanks!
  • unknownxzunknownxz Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I hope all is well with you. I'm thinking of leasing a Q5 3.2 Premium Plus can you provide me with the Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease on the 2011 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year? Thank You.

Zack
    Greetings to the appropriately named audieddy.

Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 53%, respectively.

This truck's 12k residual is 2% higher and its 10k residual is 3% higher.

In many states you still get the tax credit for the vehicle that you traded in, even if you have the dealer cut you a check for it rather than applying the proceeds to your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • njdriver1njdriver1 Member Posts: 97
    Hi Car Man
    Do you have MF and residual terms for a 2011 2.0 Q5 Prem Plus with B&O and Nav? both 12K and 15K per year, 36 months? Does including Audi Care make any difference?
    Thanks!
  • pintu4pintu4 Member Posts: 2
    Got a deal on a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium (White exterior with Bluetooth/Homelink, Ipod cable, Panoramic Sunroof, All weather mats and Front heated seats) for $605 per month with 0 Down Payment (just the first month's payment as the upfront payment).

How did I do here? /Very Good/Good/Ok/Bad :)?

MSRP is $39,215
    Invoice Price is $36,533
  • pintu4pintu4 Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to mention in my post above that it is a 36 months lease with 12K miles per year.
  • cartman13cartman13 Member Posts: 58
    Audi (VW Credit) is the first leasing company to engage in this despicable behavior that i've dealt with.

At lease end, if your residual is attractive and you decide to sell the car to a dealer, don't expect them to sell it at the residual value.

VW Credit will try to sell it to the dealer at something like private party sale which is likely well above your residual. (i.e. residual mght be 23k and they will ask the dealer to pay $28k for the car.) It's the most ridiculous thing.

I should comment that i was dealing with non-audi dealers. i dont' know if they would try to screw their own dealers out of purchasing the car.

They will only honor their residual if the lesee buys the car themselves. They will not honor it if you trade the car in at the end of the lease.

What a Joke. Last time I ever deal with Audi and their finance company. You want to be a Luxury brand, then act like one. Not some cheap dishonest used car dealership.

I should mention, to be fair, that this was experienced when trying to trade the car in at non-audi dealerships. I have not idea if they would try to screw their own dealers out of buying out your lease.
  • mikesemanskimikesemanski Member Posts: 2
    Dear Mr. Carman:

Can you please tell me current money factor and residual value on a 2011 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus Quattro for 3 year lease / 15K miles per year? I know a month ago residual was 50% and money factor for top credit tier was .00178. Does it matter if we order with panorama roof delete?

Thanks very much.
  • bio3bio3 Member Posts: 1
    I am considering a Q5 3.2 lease with Prestige package/rubber mats/wheels locks/metallic paint. MSRP of $51,370 with a cap cost $50,370 Like most in this forum, I am leery of the details of the lease. I have not got down to strong negotiating yet but have been briefly quoted about $910/month with tax for 36 months and 12k mile/yr. The money factor was .00191. I have yet seen the itemized terms.

Drive off required would be $2069.00. I know I can do better but where do you think is most room for negotiating. What do you think might be generally a good deal? Thanks.
  • jimmie13jimmie13 Member Posts: 1
    I just received a quote on a 2011 Q5 Premium Plus, 36 month, 12,000 mile lease. MSRP: $44,075 - Selling Price: $42,900 Residual: 51% Money Factor: .00220. The monthly payment quoted was $773.

Requested another quote on the same vehicle - 42 month lease, at 10,000 miles per year and received a quote of $713 per month.

I thought both quotes were very high. I was expecting something in the high 500's or low $600's. It was my first try at this. Were these quotes in fact too high? Any suggestions on pursuing this further or am I out of my league in trying to lease an Audi Q5? I just gave my paid off Lexus RX 300 to my son and recently sold my BMW 740i. Thanks Car Man and others for your advise and guidance. Jimmie13
  • micosilvermicosilver Member Posts: 212
    edited October 2010
    Audi (VW Credit) is the first leasing company to engage in this despicable behavior that i've dealt with.

At lease end, if your residual is attractive and you decide to sell the car to a dealer, don't expect them to sell it at the residual value.

VW Credit will try to sell it to the dealer at something like private party sale which is likely well above your residual. (i.e. residual mght be 23k and they will ask the dealer to pay $28k for the car.) It's the most ridiculous thing.

I should comment that i was dealing with non-audi dealers. i dont' know if they would try to screw their own dealers out of purchasing the car.

They will only honor their residual if the lesee buys the car themselves. They will not honor it if you trade the car in at the end of the lease.

What a Joke. Last time I ever deal with Audi and their finance company. You want to be a Luxury brand, then act like one. Not some cheap dishonest used car dealership.

I should mention, to be fair, that this was experienced when trying to trade the car in at non-audi dealerships. I have not idea if they would try to screw their own dealers out of buying out your lease

I don't quote understand what your complaint is. When you lease a car - residual value is clearly marked in your contract, and you have the option of buying out the car at this price at the end of the lease. This is the beauty of leasing - someone is guaranteeing you the future value of the car.
    Now, if you forfeit your buy-out option - VW Credit should be free to sell your car for whatever they want, or as much as they can. When they miss on their residual projections, and they have to sell cars at a loss - no one is complaining, so what is the problem if they sell the car to a dealer for market value?
    You have the option to buy out the car not to make profit, but to keep it. If you
    want - you can buy it for your residual, pay it in full or finance, pay registration and sales tax - and then you can do with it whatever you want, but they are not contractually obligated to sell the car for residual to anyone else but you.

Mico
  • pedramvpedramv Member Posts: 2
    I'm trying to lease a 2011 2.0 Premium Plus with nav. The problem is 15k/year is nothing for me. I at least need 20k/year. Did anyone else get lease for that much mileage? Can someone please tell me what the residual value and money factor would be? Thanks!
    Here you go, njdriver1.

Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are 00170 and 49%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

I believe that the addition of Audi Care increases your vehicle's residual value by 1%.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, mikesemanski.

Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 50%, respectively. The roof doesn't matter.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pedramv. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 49%, respectively.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that AFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It will be less expensive to do so at lease signing than it would be to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • bertatemabertatema Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man, Is it possible to just tell me what a lease payment with nothing down, closed end, will cost me for Audi Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 10K for 3 years, Navigation and Bang Olson sound, 19" wheels, White, panorama roof and the service agreement. Just need an approx. I live in Southern California. thnx
    Hi bertatema. I'd be happy to work up a lease payment on the truck that you are interested in for you. I just need the pricing information from you first. Let me know what this Q5's full MSRP (including destination) and approximate selling price...or its MSRP and dealer invoice price are. You can find that data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman or kydfx,

Can you tell me the resideuals for a 36 month lease at 10/12/15k miles per year and the base money factors? Looking at a premium (not premium plus) model.

Also there is $1500 loyatly rebate for a purchase, do you know if it applies to lease or if it is reduced to $750 (was told this by a dealer)?

Been shopping around looking at other SUVs but keep coming back to as the Q5 being the best combination of what I am looking for: good gas mileage, not too small, decent handling/acceleration and the looks, IMHO are probably the best of any of the competitors. Just need to be confident I'm getting a good deal before pulling the trigger. Thanks in advance
  • seaautoseaauto Member Posts: 2
    Carman or kydfx,

Similar question here for Nov money factor and acquisition fee for Q5 premium. It appears the Q7 buy rate declined quite a bit. Has the Q5 buy rate declined as well? I put down a deposit at the end of the Oct but won't sign the leasing agreement and pick up the vehicle until next week. Does that mean I'm qualified for the Nov money factor instead of the October one?

Also, I got conflicting message for the standard acquisition fee charged by AFS. I saw both $625 and $695 being discussed on this forum. Can you confirm?

Much appreciated.
  • stanwelksstanwelks Member Posts: 35
    I am interested in getting a Premium Plus Q5 with Nav and 19-inch wheels with 12,000 miles a year at 36 months. MSRP is $44,075 and I have negotiated invoice at $41,051.

Can someone help me figure out how much I would save by doing this as a prepaid lease vs. a standard lease?

Thanks!
  • njandynjandy Member Posts: 26
    Don't prepay a lease. If the car gets totaled you lose your money. You would be better off buying the car then selling it after what would have been the lease term.
    Hi audieddy. The Q5 is definitely a nice vehicle.

Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00149 and 52%, respectively.

The residual value for a 12,000 mile per year lease is 2% higher. the 10k resid is 3% higher.

What the dealer told you was correct, the loyalty cash is only $750 on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • ge88ge88 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car man, would you happen to have the 42 month and 10k residual and money factor on a 2011 premium plus q5 for November? We ordered the car in September but I now feel that we didn't get such a great deal. We ordered a 2.0t. Premium plus with navigation. The monthly payment is $556 not including tax with a 2800 down payment plus fees and mv for a total of 4800 due at signing.
    I sure do, ge88. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2011 Q5 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00169 and 47%, respectively.

Don't forget that Audi is waiving the first month's payment on leases this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • stanwelksstanwelks Member Posts: 35
    What are the values I need to calculate a 36-month lease on a Premium Plus Q5 with Nav and 19-inch wheels with 12,000 miles a year? MSRP is $44,075 and I have negotiated invoice at $41,051.

Thanks.
  • seaautoseaauto Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_men, quick question on the 1st month free lease incentive offerred by AFS. Does the incentive only apply to specific packaged deal (such as 42 mth, a fixed downpayment, etc.) or apply to Nov lease of any length, any sale price, etc.? Thanks.
  • ge88ge88 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks Car man much appreciated!
  • lsnhclsnhc Member Posts: 11
    Right now, it's not a good time to be leasing Q5's (at least in the Northeast). Apparently, there is a short supply and dealers are not aggressively discounting them. I was quoted a lower lease rate on an A6 Premium Plus w/nav than a similarly equipped Q5, even though the sticker was $9k higher!
  • george157george157 Member Posts: 2
    I would be very thankful if anyone can comment on my question!

I am about to lease a Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with Nav (10,000 miles per year) and I am curious to hear if the deal that is being presented to me makes sense. With $3500 down the monthly payment is $670. This payment includes sales tax, etc.....an all in number. I was told that the current deal (Audi will pick up the first payment) is included in the price / payment. Just want to hear if I am getting a good deal or am getting the wool pulled over my eyes! If so, what should I negotiate for? What is reasonable? BTW - I live in the Northeast. Thank you in advance for your response!
  • george157george157 Member Posts: 2
    How much did you have to put down? I have a similar deal in the Northeast but need to give $3500 on signing.....curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
  • shuman1shuman1 Member Posts: 1
    Re: Audi Q5 2.0 Premium Plus
    I have a few questions so will post all here. If anyone can help in any area it would be appreciated.
    What are the Nov lease rates? Need MF and residual for 12K and 15K for 36mo, 42mo & 48mo.
    When does Conquest program expire and is it still $750 for either a buy or lease?
    Lastly is Audi Care a good purchase (buy or lease) and if so at the $790 or was someone able to negotiate this?
    Thank you.
  • jwalter007jwalter007 Member Posts: 6
    2011 3.2L Prem + w/Nav
    42/12k. 2500 total due @ signing is 689. $4000 total due is 649.
    MF= .00185 Resi= 47%

Any thoughts?
    I was planning this counter offer...
    MSRP is 46375
    My deal 44600
    47%, .00169
    2500 down to reduce cap cost
    Gives me a payment of 609.14
    Audi makes first payment
    Hi stanwelks. In addition to the MSRP and selling price that you already know, you will need this truck's money factor and residual value to calculate a payment on it.

Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00149 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi seaauto. The payment waiver promotion is available on any lease or finance deal for the Q5 this month, regardless of term, etc...

Car_man
    Host
    No problem ge88.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi george157. The easiest way to evaluate this deal would be to look at this vehicle's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi shuman1. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor ad residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00149 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00169 and 44%.

I don't believe that Audi is providing conquest cash on this vehicle this month. There's loyalty cash and the waiver of your first month's payment though.

Audi Care makes more sense on leases through AFS than pre-paid maintenance does for most other manufacturers because Audi bumps the residual value of vehicles that have it by 1%, helping to offset the cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • cresearchcresearch Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone seen the Dec 2010 issue of Consumer Reports and noticed the "below average" rating that the Audi Q5 received?

-Glenn
    Car_man ..
    Do you have these figures for 12K miles?
    thanks
    jason
This discussion has been closed.