Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• boltsdynastyboltsdynasty Member Posts: 8
    Car Man,

Is the money factor and residual you list the best I should expect (42 month, 10k, .00187 and 47%)? Are those official numbers from Audi?

I've come to an agreement on the price of the vehicle, and am leaning towards leasing. I will be negotiating lease in the next day or two. Just curious if .00187 and 47% should be my target for 2011 2.0T premium plus.

Thanks again!
  • valenkavvalenkav Member Posts: 18
    Hi boltsdynasty,
    I got just couple days ago same numbers from Audi dealer.
    MF=.00187 and 48% (47%+1% for Audi Care rolled into my monthly lse).
    Audi Care cost is $800. Good luck!
  • boltsdynastyboltsdynasty Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Valenkav.

In discussing potential financing options, I've been offered the Audi Premier Purchase option as a a way to circumvent a second "use tax" imposed by the city of Chicago on leased vehicles.

Does anyone have experience with the Audi Premier Purchase? Thoughts? Seems suspect, but I don't have much to work off. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Yes, boltsdynasty, those numbers look correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • palleg33palleg33 Member Posts: 12
    Hi there,

Many of the posts on this board have been very helpful. I finally have gotten around to pricing on a 2011 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with upgraded wheels. These cars are super hot right now and it is hard to get a dealer to lower their price. Anyway, here is my latest deal

MSRP-41,550
    Sales price-39,600
    2390 down at time of sale
    15k miles/yr
    42mos- 663 36mos-695

I still don't think the car is worth that high of a lease payment but it seems to be the best I can do. My calculations show slightly lower payments but the dealer said I am not factoring in "their fees". What does everyone think of this deal?
  • drorttydrortty Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a Lease for 2011 Q5 premium plus Quartz gray with Nav, 15k a year for 42 months...

was quoted at 733/month

0 down

tax/fees quoted at $4087.... rolling 2000 of that into lease (part of the 733), so $2087 out of pocket....

is this too much?
  • mumuxumumuxu Member Posts: 34
    Car Man,

Can U pls post February MF & Residual numbers for 15,000 miles p.a.? Thanks
  • admancoadmanco Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    trying to lease a 2011 Q5 in los angeles. i'm calling dealers asking for premium package (no nav). i think msrp around 38K. i wanna put down 3500 (all toll out the door) and pay 550/month with tax for 12k a year. will i get that?
  • thejeanladythejeanlady Member Posts: 5
    I was quoted on the exact same detail for that car $660/mo in LA, so I think you did better than I would have.

In Nor Cal
    add Navigation...they are asking 4k up front $730/mo +tax! Which is really like $800 month with that 4k up front.

Surely there is a location to Get my dream Audi for $600's??
    Q5 2.0 Prem Plus + Navigation...I keep getting told it doesn't exist... At this point I don't care any more about the color.
    I know there are many shipments coming in on the 15th.

I am willing to buy in So Cal or Nor Cal...any tips on the best least for this car?
    I'd be happy to help you out, mumuxu.

Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Dear Car Guy,

Thanks so much to you and everyone for all your info and answers it's really help me wrap my head around the numbers game for these cars!

So I was quoted $730/mo +tax with 4k out of pocket <---does that mean fees, licensing everything or like their bonus?
    The car would be:
    Prem Plus
    Navigation
    B&O
    19" Wheels
    oh and 10k/p.a.

All I care about is Nav and the Q5 part. How can I get under $700---or even be in the $650s and without all the riff raff? Am I really asking too much? It seems like dealers are really trying to hold onto theses cars for SALES than a lease, since they can get pretty much close to the MSRP.
    I really need
    12k/p.a. 36 months
    And the Navigation

There was someone who got the Nav and for $660 but is that like in a far off state?
    Is there a way to find the BEST lease? Or a place away from Big cities, which I have tried, but doesn't seem to matter much, same #s. (was quoted exactly what I wanted but need 3k out of pocket and 42 mo/ lease $700/mo)

I'm not looking fwd to an ML or it's mileage nor a Lexus RX even though so much less out of pocket and loyalty offers...what to do?
    Are some States just cheaper when I look at some of these deals on here?

Thanks in advance!!
    The Jean Lady
  • kjg124kjg124 Member Posts: 3
    not sure if you saw my post from a few weeks ago. i did a 42 month/ 10k a yr lease on q5 2.0 liter engine prem plus with nav, B n O sound, all weather mats, and audi care. qualified tier b credit. income 105k /yr, credit 670's avg. 5k out of pocket at signing, paying 629.70/ month. this was in new jersey which from what i see this area and the south east seem to have the cheapest lease offers.
  • cassieecassiee Member Posts: 3
    Hi

My dealer told me I'm looking at $817/mo for a 42 month lease w 15k/yr for this car.
    That sounds high to me.
    Could you please tell me what the MF and residual are for this- so I can calculate what the payments should be w 4k down? I'm not understanding where the high monthly number is coming from.

many thanks!!!
    You're very welcome jeanlady.

$4,000 out of pocket means both of the things that you mentioned. It likely includes your vehicle's acquisition fee, possibly a security deposit, title and license, and probably some amount of money for a capitalized cost reduction aka down payment.

I doubt that the dealer cares whether they lease or sell your car for cash, they get paid either way. If this dealer won't budge off of MSRP you might want to try comparison shopping at another dealer or two if there are any in your area. If there aren't any other dealers in your area or they won't budge either you can always take a look at a different luxury SUV.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for cassiee.

Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2011 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • cassieecassiee Member Posts: 3
    Thank you!!
    Do you happen to know it for a 36 mo 15,000 lease? Dealer told me .00198.

Thanks

Cassiee
    Thanks Car Man-

All around California there wasn't much budging on the MSRP since they are selling the Q5 like hotcakes. While you negotiate the lease, someone walks in who wants to buy it. I think it would have helped to be ready to make a deal when they just come in...

I ended up going somewhere quite out of the way and got under $700/ mo target.
    but 48 month lease
    15k/pa
    $3K down
    Prem Plus with Nav.
    $691/mo
    includes Audicare.
    Hi Cassiee. Audi Financial Servies' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 3.2 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

As you can see, this factor is lower than what you were quoted. Make sure that the dealer uses the buy rate to calculate your truck's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the insight about what the market is like on the Q5 in your area right now. It's good to know that they're so hot. It certainly sounds like you did a quite a bit of comparison shopping so I'm sure that you did fine. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • bjcashtorbjcashtor Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I am looking to lease a q5 45k msrp in SoCal Long Beach, CALI. I want 1000 drive off. On a credit score of 800 plus. 15k miles a year on a 36 month leae including audi care. What are decent numbers? This will be our 3rd purchase from audi so I know we get some kind of loyalty discount as well.
  • soccermom1997soccermom1997 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all of the great information this forum provides! What is Audi Financial Servies' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 and 39 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year? I should qualify for the top credit tier. I have been quoted .00187 and RV=52% (with $800 audi care) for 36 months. For 39 months, I was quoted .00207 and same RV. My sales price is $42,334 (includes prem plus w/nav and mats, tips and audi care and supplier discount). Thanks so much for your help!!
    You're very welcome soccermom1997.

Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00167 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for a 39 month lease are .00187 and 50%.

The addition of Audi Care would boost the above residual by 1%.

Car_man
    Host
  • pleasestopthispleasestopthis Member Posts: 1
    Please guys,

Your numbers are close but off. When getting these rates you should be accurate. This is what puts car sales in a bad perspective. One person thinks they know the rates and programs but being off just by 2% or on a money factor set according to mileage you can throw a whole monthly payment off. Just look for a good deal and a place that will service you not just sell you a car. Negotiation on Q5's are harder but you just have to look out there and see what people have. What's a couple hundred bucks in the long run compared to what your service bill can be. It's all about money in the long run not just the short of the sale.
  • totallypanjabitotallypanjabi Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I need some help - I am looking to lease a Q5 2.0T Premium Plus w/ Nav. I am looking at 36, 39, 42Mo lease with 12K miles p.a. I should qualify for top tier credit.

What are the Residual Value & the Money Factor for Mar 2011? Also, what would the capital cost of the vehicle be? While the MSRP of this exact Vehicle is $42,400 and the invoice is $39,430. (Currently Audi has a special on the 2.0T Premium with Panoramic Sunroof, Bluetooth and iPod integration, 10K per year at $499 pm. The MSRP of this vehicle is $38,525)

Also, if anyone would like to share what they paid for a similar vehicle in California (SoCal).

Thanks a lot for all your help.
    Hello Car Man,

I have been recently reading your posts and have found them to be extremely helpful. I am just about now considering getting a Q5 on lease and was hoping you'd be able to help me out.

I am looking to lease a Q5 2.0T Premium Plus w/ Nav. (I could get either a 36, 39, or 42Mo lease with 12K miles p.a.). The dealer I spoke with said the "sweet spot" is 42Mo though am not sure what that means exactly.

What is the Residual Value & the Money Factor for Mar 2011? Also, what would the capital cost of the vehicle be? I should qualify for top tier credit.

Here are some numbers:

While the MSRP of this exact Vehicle is $42,400 and the invoice is $39,430. (Currently Audi has a special on the 2.0T Premium with Panoramic Sunroof, Bluetooth and iPod integration, 10K per year at $499 pm. The MSRP of this vehicle is $38,525)

Also, if you have heard of numbers around what people have paid in California (SoCal)
    for a similar vehicle to what I am looking for, could you share.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Totallypanjabi
    Hi totallypanjabi. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00167 and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00187 and 49%.

I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the Q5 right now. If I was in the market for one, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $1,000 over invoice and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_Man. I will let folks know how it turns out.
    You're very welcome totallypanjabi.

Car_man
    Host
  • sjspoosjspoo Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man -

Thanks in advance for your help. Could you give us the current money factor and residual for a 2011 Audi Q5 Premium Plus 2.0 (with Nav package) with 15,000 miles for both a 36 mo and 39 mo lease? We're top tier credit.

We were just quoted money factor .00252 and 47% residual for the 39 month (SoCal dealership) ...wondering if there's any bargaining room there! Thanks -
    Sjspoo, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00148 and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00168 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
  • snickers12snickers12 Member Posts: 1
    hey Car Man -

I was wondering if you could help me out. I am currently looking into leasing a 2011 Q5 Premium 2.0T and was wondering if you had the current Money factor and residual for 12K miles on either a 36 or 39 month lease (Top tier credit). Also, how does loyalty incentives work into leasing prices? A brief description of how that works would be awesome. We currently are leasing an A4 and this will be our second Audi so this loyalty stuff is new to me. Thank you so much in advance for your help.
  • zenguitarguyzenguitarguy Member Posts: 3
    Don't lease Audi! I Got into a 2010 Q5 fully loaded awd. Major known problems regarding transmission, MMI, environmental controls, I had problems within one week, including a near accident caused by a sudden downshift. Went through arbitration, Audi leasing is a group of unbelievable jerks. At arbitration, even though i showed documentation that the issues I was raising have been complained about by thousands, they denied they had ever heard of these complaints before. But when the guy came to inspect he told me they know and knew of the problems but they just expect most folks to give up. He showed up with thousands of dollars worth or parts and instead of just releasing me from a crappy vehicle/lease they attempted to replace parts. Read your lease carefully, you canot exit the lease. the guy at arbitration had the balls to say that "Ina few years Audi engineers will fix and modify" all the things I was complaining about, in other words I was expected to finance Audi R&D??? It is a crap car, things fall apart, too many bells and whistles, really crappy service from leasing and no escape clause even if the car is crap. I will continue fighting. Just google Audi complaints or Q5 or Q7 complaints.
    I'd be happy to help you out snickers12. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00148 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00168 and 51%.

Audi is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck. If you are a loyal customer make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your deal. As a current A4 lessee, you should be eligible for this allowance.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmpsabresjmpsabres Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Can you provide the lease rates for a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus for 36 months @ 15,000k

Thanks,
  • popogigi1popogigi1 Member Posts: 1
    Car man
    Please help, I would like to lease a 2011 Audi Q5, 3.2 litre with premium package. This is the dealers test car with approx 2300 miles on it. I think I have just learned how to calculate the lease price but want to confirm the money factor and residual factor and what should be the price of the car with these miles on it? What do you think my lease on 36 month, 10k miles per year be? I am in FL
  • markydddmarkyddd Member Posts: 1
    CarMan

Ive been doing alot of research on the Q5 and am waiting patiently as there is a shortage in the NY/ NJ area on the 2.0s. I do not understand how the percentages above work. I get the whole residual dollar value but how does the percentage work. The recent price I got on the 3.2 fully loaded was $680. Hoping the 2.0s coming in around 6 or less if possible...I lease cars all the time usually Hondas (for work)and they just seem to be more lease friendly.

Thanks for your help
    Mark
    Greetings jmpsabres. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00148 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify or its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • beba1beba1 Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

Could you please let me know what the residual value and MF would be for Audi 2.0 Q5 Premium wtih heated front seats, i-pod and bluetooth with home link, for 15000 miles, 36 months lease? This is for Michigan.

Thank you!!!
  • dam9017dam9017 Member Posts: 5
    Car_Man

The dealer is quoting me 0.00168 MF and 47% residual on a 39 month lease 12K per year for a Q5 2.0T Prestige with Nav and B&O Sound.
    You are listing a 0.00148 MF
    Any advice ??
  • doodiedandoodiedan Member Posts: 15
    Car Man,

Looking for money factor and residual on a Q5 2.0 Premium Plus @ 10K miles per year for either 36 months or 39 months.

Thanks,
    Doodiedan
  • dam9017dam9017 Member Posts: 5
    Just need to correct the model it is a Q5 Premium Plus ( not Prestige) for 39 months 12K per year dealer is telling me MF 00168 and Residual 47%
  • limomlimom Member Posts: 6
    Help...do not understand much of this...getting divorced so I am new to shopping a lease by myself. Currently in an A4 Convertible with lease running out at end of the month which they will extend if I order a 2012; had a 36-month lease without Convenience Pkg. at $640/month. Getting ready to order 2012 Q5. Dealer stating list price of 2011 Q5 2.0 with Premium Plus pkg. as $40,275. Taking the $750 Loyalty rebate. Rolling all fees/taxes into lease brings monthly to $713. Paying bank fee upfront makes it $694/mo. MF .00183 with residual 46%. Dealer says that she is ballparking this for 2012 pricing so that I shouldn't really see an increase and that residuals could be lower when 2012 numbers come in. Not sure I like these numbers. Can anyone a bit more knowledgeable give me their thoughts? Thanks...much appreciated!
    Here you go beba1.

Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00148 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dam9017. It sounds like the dealer may be marking your truck's money factor up. Either that or you are having your vehicle's security deposit waived in exchange for a slight money factor increase. I would insist that the dealer use the buy rate to calculate my payment if I was in your situation.

Car_man
    Host
  • gudzygudzy Member Posts: 1
    Hi -

I'm thinking of leasing a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus for 36 months @ 12K miles/yr. Dealer quoted me an MSRP of $41,700 and a price of $40,700 for purchase. Only options are Premium Plus package and exhaust tips. Do you think I can knock off some $$$ from the purchase price? Kelley Blue Book estimated a sales price of $39,500. ALSO, can you give me the Money Factor, Depreciation Rate and any other info that would be important as I prepare to negotiate the lease terms? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    Hi gudzy. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if you were able to negotiate more than a $1,000 discount on this truck.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • limomlimom Member Posts: 6
    Car Man,
    In most of your responses you use a 36-month lease, but my Audi dealer is telling me that they are only offering 39-month leases now. I am in the Tri-state area. I would prefer a 36-month lease as that is what I have always had and currently have on my A4. Is there anyway around this?
  • bluedukes56bluedukes56 Member Posts: 1
    Car man:
    What are going rates for 2012 Q5's premium plus? Paying at or below MSRP, residual value, money rates? They don't have any 2011 Q5 coming in before then. Hitting west coast around the middle of next month. Trying to negotiate for one of them right now. I have top tier credit. Should I look for a broker to work for me? Thanks in advance.
    Hi limom. While Audi is offering 39-month leases right now, this is not the only term that it is offering leases for. One can lease for 36 or 39 months. Just insist that's what you want and the dealer should be able to do it for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bluedukes56. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00159 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I personally don't think that you will be able to get an better deal through a broker than you would be able to get on your own.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.