Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's thw information that you're looking for brandmar1. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00094 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • marinabmwmarinabmw Member Posts: 4
    Hi Carman

Can you pls provide MF/ Residual for 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium for a 42 mo /12k lease?

Also, what should i expect off sticker ?...This car seems pretty hot right now.

Thank you ...appreciate your consideration.

Marina
  • wjlnycwjlnyc Member Posts: 1
    We are looking at the exact same car and options. And, we're moving to Long Island next month. So, I was curious what deal you ended up with? And, what dealer?
  • crossover1crossover1 Member Posts: 27
    Amzing the price increase in just three years. This does not make sense at all. Same car 3 years later the lease is $100 per month more despite the fact my residual value was $10K below market value at the lease end. This tells me that Audi can reduce the lease by $200 instead of increasing it by $100 and still make the same profit! Am I missing anything?
  • mdxlesseemdxlessee Member Posts: 10
    What you are missing is "risk". If the residual value is being assumed too low, the lessee has the option anyway to buyback and sell the car to autotrader or someone, and make the underestimated 10K that you estimate (thereby reducing the net cost of the lease). But Audi does not perhaps want to take the risk of assuming a 10K higher residual value at the start and then left with the risk of a loss at the end.
    All companies apply Risk Adversity! With $10k differential they can easily take ZERO risk on half that amount ($5K) and reduce the lease by $100 and make it more attractive and lease out more vehicles. But I really believe that the lease value just like the MSRP is driven not just by cost but by the placement of the product in the market place. As an example Audi does not want to place the Q5 in the same category of the Ford Edge, but with the BMW X3, Lexus RX350, etc.
    Hi Marina. Sorry that it took me a while to get back to you. I was away.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the Q5 in your area right now, but I believe that Audi does not send a ton of them to the U.S. and the prices of the ones that do come here are relatively high.

Car_man
    Host
  • artistocratartistocrat Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_Man and all,

Looking for July and August numbers for Q5 2.0 Premium and Plus for both
    36 month and 42 month lease (12K miles /year) (I see the 42 month lease numbers for July, so just need it for August).

Thanks much,
    Fred
    p.s. definitely appreciate your info - used it to get a very nice lease price on a Subaru back in Feb. - thank you!
  • artistocratartistocrat Member Posts: 8
    ok, here is what I found out (Car_man - please confirm)

Permium and Premium Plus have the same numbers for Aug:

36 months - MF=0.00151, residual = 49%

42 months - MF=0.00171, residual = 45%
  • 15ron7715ron77 Member Posts: 6
    Hello Car Man and all,

I am trying to find out the current MF and Residual for a 2012 Audi q5 2.0T. I am interested in either a 36 and 39mo lease with 15k/mo. I would like to get the lease as soon as possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Thanks Fred. Welcome back. Here's the latest information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00131 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00151 and 48%.

The numbers for the '12 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello 15ron77. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00131 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00151 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • lbr2013lbr2013 Member Posts: 5
    Car man,
    Thank you for the service.
    Can you tell me what the residual and buy rate is for the money factor on:
    2012 Premium Plus Audi Q5 2.0T 10K Lease

36 months
    39 months
    42 months

Thank you
    You're very welcome, lbr2013. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00131 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00151 and 51%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00151 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • leaseeleasee Member Posts: 1
    below is the deal I am being offered on an 2012 Audi Q5 2.0 Remium with Options (conv pckg, sunroof, heated FSeats, mats). Any insight on whether or not this is a good deal is appreciated.

15K mi/year 3-year lease

Price $37,070 (below invoice) + (-$750) rebate) Total disc off MSRP $3,380 approx

Money Down: $2,080
    Monthly payments: $575

OR

Money Down $3,400
    Monthly Payment: $535/mo

Good or Not Good? im thinking its pretty good

Many thanks
    You can use the http://www.theautoleasecalculator.com/ to calculate the exact deal. I would recommend asking the dealer for fees, money factor, etc.
    The money factor buy rates are on the forum, so try to get as close as you can to save money.
  • nmaudinmaudi Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like a good deal. Is this a solid color (Ibis white/black) or you have a metallic color?

I am looking to buy, aiming for $3500 off since the 2013 will be with the dealers in a few days.

Anyone else having a similar experience with rebates right now?
  • aseemdaseemd Member Posts: 1
    Here is what I am getting on a Q5 2.0,4cyl

MSRP: $37,270 (includes 895 for destination charge and $475 for paint).

The offer quoted is 6% off MSRP = $35,033

Does not include $800 for the service offer. Does not include sunroof and Heated front seats that we want. What do you folks think?
  • mpucci23mpucci23 Member Posts: 1
    I am currently in the market for a Q5 and would be interested in purchasing yours if that would be something you are open to.

Let me know, mike.
  • asplattasplatt Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    Hi, I was wondering what amount people were paying (total and monthly lease) for a 2012 Audi Q5 3.2 for 36 months and 10,000 miles per year?

thanks!

Adam
  • jaeg0618jaeg0618 Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone, hoping you all had a good labor day. Interested on a Q5, using supplier program (6% off msrp) is that a good deal?

Here's the specs :2012 Audi Q5 2.0T with the Premium Plus and MMI Navigation Plus packages. Black, exterior and black interior, Audi Advanced key, 8.0J x 19" 5-Arm-Structure-Design wheels and the B&O Sound System.

Msrp: $45975
    Sell price: $43269 ( invoice is $43240 according to truecar.com)

Besides asking if the price is good, as far as the actual leasing goes, what are the current residual and mf on a 39 month, $10k miles/year?

Finally what are AFS credit tiers? If that's not available, at least i'd like to know how much more to add to top tier MF if one doesn't qualify for their top tier?

Thanks everyone, I appreciate this forum, particularly Car_Man and and the effort to put knowledge in the hands of consumers, it makes a world of a difference.

jaeg0618
  • njandynjandy Member Posts: 26
    Car_man

do you have the sept lease rate and residual for Q5 2.0T prem plus with 15K miles per year?

Thanks

Andy
    Hi jaeg0618. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00138 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I'm not sure how much one needs to add for the other credit tiers, but I can look into that for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Andy. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jaeg0618jaeg0618 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Car_Man
    You're very welcome jaeg0618.

Car_man
    Host
  • floweremflowerem Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have the current lease rate and residual for a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus w/ Navigation? 42 month lease with 12K miles. MSRP is $46,470 if that makes a difference.
    Here's the information that you're looking for flowerem. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00179 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • freejackfreejack Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Can someone provide me with the lease rates on a 2013 premium plus 3.0? 36 months 10k miles.

Thanks!
    Car man,
    We have a 2013 Audi Q5 Premium Plus 2.0T on the way. Can you tell us what the residual and buy rate are for 3yr 10k miles?

Dealer is initially offering .00229 or 5.5%. I laughed.

Thank you
  • floweremflowerem Member Posts: 3
    Thanks so much Car Man,

We went back to the dealer with these numbers and they are saying the best they have is money factor .00267 at 58% residual and are asking where I'm getting my information. Are the numbers you've given me some official Audi information or could they be different based on where we live? They did already tell us we qualify for Top Tier financing, so I know that's not the issue.

I just want to make sure we are getting a decent finance deal since we're paying MSRP for a car that's not even here yet. Also, using the numbers they've provided, my calculated payment is $100 less than they are quoting. I'm not sure why so I'm headed back there tomorrow to sort everything out I hope.

Any info you can provide would be really helpful. Thanks!
  • njandynjandy Member Posts: 26
    Flowerem,

I am closing on Tuesday on a 2013 2.0T premium plus and am getting a .00179 and 56% residual for a 15K mile 3 year lease. That residual has audicare factored in.

Thanks

Andy
  • nesslmattnesslmatt Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    First time doing this on my own, hoping to be well educated before going into a dealership. Many questions!

I have a friends/family certificate, how/can I find out dealer invoice?

What is the money factor & residual for a 2012 vs. a 2013 - 12K/year, 42 month lease (can I chose this?) I've always had 36 month leases, but would like a little bit longer lease if it lowers my payment.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!!!
    Here's the information that you're looking for freejack. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00161 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    That money factor is definitely too high lbr2013. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 Premium Plus 2.0T with 10,000 miles per year are .00159 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome flowerem. The buy rate lease money factor that I provided you with is definitely correct for consumers who qualify for AFS' top credit tier. This is a national program that does not vary by region.

The dealer is marking your truck's factor up to add hidden, back-end profit to your deal. This sort of thing happens quite often, particularly at luxury dealers, but it can usually be avoided by consumers who know what the buy rate is for the vehicle that they want. It would rub me the wrong way somewhat as a consumer if a dealer outright lied to me like this.

Paying full MSRP and a marked-up money factor for a Q5 is definitely not a great deal. Have you considered a Volkswagen Tiguan instead. It's similar and still quite nice, but I suspect that VW dealers would be much more reasonable to deal with.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nesslmatt. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00179 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00138 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
  • chrisch70chrisch70 Member Posts: 46
    Quick question, maybe someone know.

If the lease comes up and you decide to keep your Q5, do you have to pay the $350 turn in fee?

Also anyone with experience, if you can negotiate the price further down? I don't think I have good chances in negotiation the price down as I can keep my 2010 Q5 Premium Plus, plus MMI, Upgraded wheels & sound system for $23700 and TMV market value is around $30k to $32.

If anyone can share their experience, that would be great!

Christian
    Yes the price is negotiable!

But if you just plan to cash in the difference. I highly recommend not to purchase is so you avoid the trouble of coming up with the cash to buy, selling and paying the taxes, etc.

Just let the dealer give you an offer. If you feel there is $7,000 built in, ask for $4,000-$5,000 cash. I did that with my Q5 last year and got a check in the mail without going through the process of buying and selling, transferring the title, etc.
  • flyersruleflyersrule Member Posts: 47
    Three years back I was looking for a Q5 but because of limited availability and pricing I ended up going with a Lexus. My 2010 Lexus RX 350 lease is up next month. The purchase price is around 30k. I have 32000 miles on it. I am thinking about buying it. What would be an acceptable price for the car? Who do you negotiate with, the dealer or Lexus Financial services? Do I have to go back to the original dealer or can I use any dealer? This is my first lease, this is all new to me. How do I start the negotiations process?

Thanks
    Mark
  • aham23aham23 Member Posts: 2
    Just looking started looking at leasing a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus. I am not seeing to many dealers budging on pricing though.

What are the OCT numbers for both a 36 and 39 month lease wit 15k miles per year. Thank you!
  • erickropperickropp Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car man

I am about to lease a 2013 q5 2.0 premium plus and the dealer told me for 42 months the money factor is .00189 which is higher than the .00179 I expected. Residual 54.

Has the rate changed? Can the dealer change the rate to make more money, is this possible? The only reason I ask is because I negotiated a good price and am wondering if they can raise the rate without telling me to make something back?

Thanks in advance.
    Forgot to mention 12,000 miles a year.
    Also if they did mark it up can I make them change it to .00179 if I already gave a deposit and did initial paperwork? I haven't signed the final papers yet. Can I just tell the finance guy that the rate is wrong and insist he changes it back to the AFS rate?

Thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for, aham23. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00159 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00179 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi erickropp. The money factor for a 42-month lease of this car has not changed. It's still .00179 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Are you having your vehicle's security deposit waived? While Audi often runs specials that waive its vehicles security deposits for free, technically the dealer needs to mark up vehicles' money factors for consumers who do not want to pay a security deposit at lease signing. This is one possible explanation for the difference.

Another is that the dealer is marking your vehicle's money factor up. Dealers are usually allowed to mark banks' buy rates up to add additional, back-end profit to deals. This sort of thing is quite common at luxury brand dealers.

Car_man
    Host
  • audibgaudibg Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man,

I am about to lease a 2013 Q5 3.0T, could you tell me what the Oct buy lease rate is for 10k miles per year and a 36 month lease. Many thanks

V
  • asplattasplatt Member Posts: 4
    Hey,

I just leased a 2013 q5 premium plus 2.0 with navigation and advanced key for $1200 down and $695 a month including tax. I have it for 36 months and 10k miles per year. Hope this help people.
  • anh3anh3 Member Posts: 75
    was your $1200 down toward 1st month payment, bank fees, deal doc fee....? or was it for Cap reduction?

I'm negotiating same car, 2013 Q5, 2.0 w/ prem. plus, advance key, and Navi. @ 36 mos, 12k/yr. So far I'm being quoted:

MSRP $46,845 selling $45,054
    $1095 up front for bank fee and dealer doc fee
    $687/mo include tax
    money factor is .00179

I'm being told Audi wants security deposit if I haven't leased an Audi before?!

thanks,
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Car Man,

Can I get the MF and Residual for the 2013 Q5 Premium? Also, any idea what kind of price is reasonable, I assume invoice is not.

Is finding a Q5 without the sunroof even an option - from the Audi website, it looks like cost is $1500 and we rarely use it.

Thanks,

PS - are readers allowed to comment good or bad on specific dealers they have used or is that not allowed on this site.
This discussion has been closed.