Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    I believe paying so much money up front is not the way to go. When trying to get to a certain lease payment, one must come up with money up front to lower the cap cost. My opinion is that the Q5 lease deals are not that good, but certinly wait for December. You may want to look at other SUVs where you are spending less money and can still enjoy the ride.
  • fugazzi24fugazzi24 Member Posts: 8
    Thank you all for the replies. The wife and I haven't decided yet but we are leaning toward leasing the Acura RDX 2013 which is priced lower and has better lease terms.

The Q5 was our favorite however paying an extra $7000 out of pocket for the same monthly payment of $550 did not make sense to us.

We are signing a 3 year lease so when those terms our up I told my wife she can get whatever car she wants, probably a Q7 or Infiniti JX35 as we will have two kids at that point.

Thank you all again for your help and time, if you hear of any changes to lease terms for December please let me know.
  • nstino04nstino04 Member Posts: 4
    For what it's worth, we were also looking at leasing the Q5 but was told from the dealer that Audi doesn't really make leasing affordable or attractive. Our dealer wouldn't budge on the sales price so there was no negotiation.

We had also test driven the Acura RDX a number of times but we didn't like the handling when taking clover leaf exits off the freeway.

On a whim we test drove the BMW X3 and found it to be a much nicer ride (on par with Q5). We ended up with the xDrive28i model loaded with Convenience package, Cold Weather Package, Premium package and Technology package for $550/mo 12kmi/year and only paying the TTL fees at drive off. BMW is throwing in $1,000 holiday cash which comes off the price you negotiate with the dealer, so it really helps lower the payments. A way better deal than the Q5 and a nicer ride than the RDX.

I'll admit the navigation and technology of the Q5 is superior to the X3 IMO but I really couldn't see spending $100 more/month for it. The X3 has park assist which shows the sides and the rear - which is what completely sold my wife since she is not so great at parking in tight parking spots.

Good luck - either way you've selected some good vehicles.
    I believe you will find the same problems leasing a Q7 as you did with the Q5. I also looked into the Volkswagon tourag and it was a great drive just like the Q5. Problem is terrible lease numbers. Great deal can be done on the infiniti JX, but as I have said in the JX posts great exterior and inferior features with a disappointing drive. Good luck with your leasing venture, I am also working on leases. So far it has been frustrating.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi npanitsas. If the dealer won't tell you what selling price and money factor they used to calculate the lease payment on the vehicle that you want, find a different dealer. As a consumer, you are entitled to know that information.

I always mention that the rates I talk about here are banks' "buy rates." This means that they are the lowest possible money factors that dealers are allowed to charge on a vehicle. Dealers can, and often do, mark up vehicles' money factors to add additional hidden, back-end profit to deals. Savvy consumers who know what their vehicle's money factor should be and are in areas that have a decent amount of competition are usually able to get dealers to use the buy rate to calculate their vehicles' payments, but dealers are not obligated to do so.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello scfamily. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00181 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ken954. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00159 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    edited December 2012
    You're very welcome lgq5. Thanks for noticing.

It's difficult to predict exactly what manufacturers will do with their future incentives programs, but if I had to make an educated guess I'd say that you would be better off getting a Q5 in December than you would be waiting until January. Go in at the end of the month and strike a deal. Dealers will be anxious to lock in sales before the end of the month and the end of the year. If history repeats itself, the deals will be slightly worse in January. That's what happened last year.

Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • delnoledelnole Member Posts: 36
    Hi Car man,

Can you tell me what the December money factor and residual is for a 2013 Audi Q5 2.0T on a 36 month/12000 lease?

Thanks
  • jaeg0618jaeg0618 Member Posts: 3
    Wanted to share my deal with you, plus some extra information I was able to get from them: 2013 Audi Q5 2.0 - Premium Plus + MMI Nav Plus + Audi Smart Key + Bang & Olufsen + 19 inch Wheels MSRP: $46845

Brought them down to invoice: $44054.75

Audi Care: $820 (Highly recommend, scheduled service cost is crazy expensive you get the first service for free though)

Acq Fee: $695

Doc Fee: $595 (way to high!)

Money Upfront: $2200

About $385 on License and Registration Fees

36 months/10k miles per year
    Residual: 57%
    Money Factor: 0.00199 (tier B - Sub 680 auto enhanced score)
    Payment $699 and change.
    I'm in Miami, FL

Here's how it went down, first the dealer came back with a MF of 0.00279 and a 39 month lease, I just laughed and told them to be serious, they came back at 0.00234 at 39 months, at which point I told them: "I am your worst nightmare, an educated consumer (thanks to this forum I knew that Tier A MF should be around 0.00159), I am full aware that I am not Tier A credit, that doesn't mean you can steal from me and if you don't stop playing games, I will take these numbers and go to another of the many Audi dealers in Miami" thanked them for their time and started to stand up to leave (all with a big smile, not angry or anything).
    The finance manager told me to hold off and shows me the AFS Bulletin with the Money Factors and shows that for Tier A for 12 to 36 months it is 0.00159 and for 39 to 42 months it is 0.00179. Also it showed that for Tier B the MF is Tier A + .0004, For Tier C is Tier A + .00065 and for Tier D is Tier A + .00075 (this will be until 01/07/13).
    So I question him about his .00234 MF when if I am tier B it should be .000219 ( .00179 + .0004) and has the stones to tell me that there's a .00015 markup because it's the first time I am leasing through VW Leasing. I got very serious, and since he had shown me the buy rates, I told him: "Here's what you need to do, make my deal a 36 month lease at 0.00199 MF (Tier A buy rate + .0004) or I am walking"

I guess he got it and I saved a lot of money, imagine if I had done a 39 month lease with a 0.00279 MF? So if you can, make sure you stay at 36 months, it will save you .00020 on the MF.

Knowledge is power guys, thanks to CarMan and all the people that collaborate to this forum, without it I would have been easy prey for this finance people.
  • leeshuckleeshuck Member Posts: 73
    Hi Car_man and kydfx,

Could you provide December money factor and residuals for a 2013 Audi Q5 3.0 T Premium Plus for 10,000 and 12,000 miles/year for 36 and 42 mos?

What are the typical acquisition and doc fees?

Thanks,

Lee
  • spinfunkyspinfunky Member Posts: 30
    Hi Car_man

Apologies for redundant question but can you post December numbers on a 2013 Q5 2.0 premium plus 42mo lease at 12k/yr.

Thank You
  • speperaspepera Member Posts: 2
    This is what the salesman sent tonight.... I replied with "is there any negotiation in this price" and he said that there is "a little flexibility". Any opinions? Im thinking about the lease option as I LIKE having a new car.

46,070 MSRP
    44,980 Sell Price
    250.00 Doc Fee
    33.50 30 day tag and title
    2,939.95 Tax @ 6.5% tax, medina co.
    48,203.45 Total

832.98 x 60 x 1% w/ $0 due at delivery

36/15k lease 670.96 plus tax / 713.61 tax in
    42/15k lease 646.16 plus tax / 688.16 tax in

Due at delivery,
    First months payment
    Audi Bank fee $695
    Dealer doc fee $250
    30 day tag and title $33.50
    Refundable security deposit
  • nstino04nstino04 Member Posts: 4
    I've been in your position with the Q5 and we ended up with an X3 with much better rates and monthly cost. With the BMW $1000 holiday cash you should be able to have monthly payments around $575 with 0 down - well equipped.

Check it out.
  • speperaspepera Member Posts: 2
    I am definitely driving the BMW but I think I'm going to drive the x5. One of the inky sticking points I have with the q5 is the trunk space. I currently have a Volvo XC 90 to go with my 2 small children in safe eats as well as my mammoth double jogging stroller. I also have 2 large dogs (Rottweiler and Great Dane) that go in my car to the vet. The q5's trunk space just seems micro.
  • archer636archer636 Member Posts: 3
    my score is in the high 700's, oldest account is about 6 years old.
    Season's Greetings delnole. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Lee. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00161 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00181 and 50%.

AFS charges a $695 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Doc fees vary from dealer to dealer, but they're basically all fluff, so the lower the better.

Car_man
    Host
    No need to apologize spinfunky. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00179 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • 09_Audi_Fan09_Audi_Fan Member Posts: 17
    jaeg,
    Good job catching the finance guy, but he still ripped you off. I recalculated your monthly payment and it should only be $675/month. Car buyers don't know how to calculate their lease payments so it's easy for the dealer to make-up numbers without the buyer knowing they've been fleeced which happens 99% of the time. I've seen finance guys manipulate the monthly payment without changing any of the variables of the leasing formula simply by overriding the monthly payment amount.
  • pakman99pakman99 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Folks,

I think my Audi dealership is going down the same track as many of initial posts here. They seem to be around a 0.0026 MF and claiming that that's the best they can do due to how quickly they are selling out of the Q5's. I live in they SF/Bay Area in California, but they seem to have no movement on deal structure, with the standard statement of the next guy will buy it without having to negotiate. Any advice?
  • 993c2993c2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I've set about locally here in San Diego to lease a new 2013 Audi Q5 for my wife but was shocked with the seemingly terrible offer I received in writing today from the dealer. My credit score is 780. I frankly couldn't care less which dealer I use I just want a fair deal. Does anyone know what the Audi money factor and residual should be this month for top tier credit on a Q5 3.0 lease (I assume 780 qualifies?).

Here is their offer.

2013 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus
    Moonlight Blue Metallic (our 1st choice is actually Monsoon Grey)
    Black Leather Interior (Chestnut Brown is 2nd choice)
    S-Line Package
    Sport Interior Package
    Bang & Olufsen Sound Package
    Audi MMI Package (we're on the fence on this option really don't want to pay the $3k for it but realize its hard to find one without).

MSRP: $52,600
    $1,499 total down includes upfront fees registration fees, 1st month payment.

Lease Term: 36 months so 35 months remaining.

Payment: $799 + CA Tax = $865 for 35 months

Money Factor: 0.00206
    Residual: 57%
    Residual Amount: $30,0021.90

Am I crazy thinking this is hardly a good deal???

This JM
  • eoghan27eoghan27 Member Posts: 6
    Not a good deal - you are paying full MSRP for the Q5, should only ever pay no more than a $1000 over invoice. Always start with the invoice price. The money factor is almost 5% which also seems high, typically I have seen in the 3.5 or 4% range. Not sure what the current January numbers are though. Audi tier 1 credit is 680 or above, so you more than qualify for that.
  • janeh8janeh8 Member Posts: 5
    Any information on what the new lease programs/money factor/residuals etc. will be after season of audi expires today?
  • rr4mywiferr4mywife Member Posts: 60
    Carman, can you please post the new lease details for a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus for 12K and 15K miles.
    Thanks
  • marckymarckmarckymarck Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone,

I live in North New Jersey, this is the deal I got from a local dealer, they didn't tell me the money factor and residual value but did give me a breakdown. Can anyone tell me if this is a good one?

2013 Q5 3.0 Premium Plus, comes with the following (includes add-on Navigation $3,500):
    Convenience package
    lighting package
    Auto dimming & power folding mirrors
    Auto dimming interior mirror with compass
    heated front seats with driver memory
    Panorama sunroof
    power tailgate
    stainless steel trunk edge trim and door seals
    19" 5-double spoke design wheels w all season tires
    S-line emblems on door sills & fenders
    headlight washers
    Audi advanced key
    S line front & rear bumpers and side valences

MSRP: $50,570
    Miles per year: 10,000
    NJ State Tax is 7%
    Dealer Fee + Doc Fee: $700
    Term / Down Pmt $1,500 / $2,500 / $3,500 / $4,500
    36 months _____$685.04 / $654.76 / $624.48 / $594.21
    39 months _____$681.55 / $653.32 / $625.09 / $596.87
    42 months _____$664.61 / $638.31 / $612.02 / $585.73

Thank you!!

MarckyMarck
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Wow, that is the worst deal I have seen on any Edmunds post. This dealer quoted you a lease cost reflecting full MSRP. Check Edmunds TMV for the average price people are paying. With only $2,000 off MSRP, the lease cost would be about $720 before tax. I would run from this dealer as fast as my old feet would allow.
    Hi janeh8. The new January lease program is out, but I don't think that it's any better than the program that was available in December.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly rr4mywife. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Need to know the cap cost of the vehicle, the residual and money factor. Ask carman for these numbers and compare these to the dealers numbers. watch out for money factor markup. Is 10,000 miles a year enough for you? I would go with minimal down at $1500, but find out the breakdown of this payment. Ultimately it is a supply and demand issue when it comes to what deal you can obtain. Try other dealers in Westchester NY, Middle and Southern New Jersey, Conneticut, and Pennsylvania.
  • marckymarckmarckymarck Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man, can you please post new January lease details for 2013 Audi Q5 3.0 Premium Plus based on 10,000 miles for 39 and 42 months. Thank you so much.
  • 993c2993c2 Member Posts: 2
    Yes agree - terrible. So partially because Audi refused to deal and because I am weak I ended up leasing a fully loaded 2013 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Edition. Mineral White Metallic on Fox Red Novillo Leather. So after all the maneuvering I was doing to save a few bucks on the Audi around $53k I ended up caving in on a $77k car. Standard ugh.
    Hey marckymarck. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00163 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease would be .00163 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ajitpk1ajitpk1 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Car_man,

Could you please tell me the money factor and residual for a Q5 Hybrid Prestige, 15,000miles/ 12, 000miles for 36 months
  • jnew00jnew00 Member Posts: 2
    This is the deal my Florida Audi dealer gave me today, is it good? Can you negotiate money factor and residual? Is this a good deal?

2013 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus
    Metallic Paint
    Navigation Package
    Audi Advanced Key
    AudiCare

MSRP: $45,670
    Selling Price: $42,983
    Miles per year: 10,000
    FL State Tax is 7%
    Dealer Fee + Doc Fee: $971

Down Pmt: $0 / $2,500 / $5,000
    42 months: $707 / $639 / $573

This would be my first Audi and I don't want to get ripped off on the payments.
    The dealer should provide you with the MF and residual for the Q5 (both are set by Audi) - if they do not would walk away from the deal. The monthly payment seems high by about $50 to $60 a month (not sure how FL handles the taxes). The last MF / residual I saw for this vehicle type was .00163 (x2400 = 3.91%) and 52% (think AudiCare may add 1% to that). Might also want to look at a 39 month lease - residual comes up to 54%.
    I would look at the 36 to 39 month lease and find out the money factor and residual from this site. Go with Audi Care for maintenance and 1% increase of the residual, it is worth it. The dealer and doc fees in Florida are very common, very hard to not pay, and are all for extra profit. Up front expect to pay bank fee, motor vehicle fee, 1st month, and the $971. You can add the bank fee and $971 to the cap cost and put less money down.
    Certainly ajitpk1. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 Hybrid Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00162 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jnew00jnew00 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

I've seen the new MF/Res for the Q5 2.0 Premium Plus for 12k and 15k, but what about the 10k? Is eoghan27 correct in it being .00163/52%? With AudiCare adding 1%? I looking at the 39 or 42 month lease.

Thanks!

Also, thank you @eoghan27 and @mlevine for the useful information!
  • qforce0qforce0 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man

Here are the lease rates that I got from my dealer for a 2013 Q5 3.0T premium plus with MMI and
    B&O sound

Spl Price - $46743
    MSRP - $49670
    12000 miles/ 36 months
    Minimal payoff - $1999
    Monthly before tax - $683
    Residual - 56%
    Money Factor - 4.5

Is this a good deal?

Thx
    Ping?
    When I run the numbers, I get around $665/month based on the criteria you have provided. Not sure what the 1999 up front is for if you are rolling the taxes into the payment? First month payment plus something else? Is part of that money going towards reducing the cap cost? The money factor seems padded as well - 4.5%, seems high for this vehicle (think it is around 3.9% right now). The dealer is definitely hiding some fees in the monthly payment. Would get a complete breakout of all the numbers and re-nogiate the money factor. The actual price of the Q5 does not seem that bad (would never pay more than $500 over invoice).
    Thanks a lot for reply eoghan27 :)
    Here is the breakdown I got,
    cap cost - 46743+695(acq)+80(doc)+414(lic) +437.75(cap fees) = 47261
    down = 1510 (755.67(1st month) + 754.94(???)

Residual - 0.55
    rate/money factor = 1.9

The monthly payment now has gone up to $755.67(w/ tax)

What do you think?
    Seems about right for 36 months - would definitely be in the mid -700s a month. Good luck - the Q5 3.0 is a great vehicle!
    Thanks again eoghan27.

How do these numbers look for a 2013 q5 2.0T premium plus + Nav + B&O + Rear entertainment+ sport interior+audi adv key = $50,570 (MSRP)
    $2000 drive off(dmv+fees+1st month)
    $652+tax

still waiting for the MF and Residual.
    The MF and residual on the above mention deal is
    MF = 0.00141
    Residual = 55
    selling price - $47535
    The MF being 3.38% is definitely better than the 3.0T - most of the dealers have over stock of the 2.0T and limited quantities of the 3.0T - would see if you could get invoice price for the 2.0T. Not sure what is all in the 2K up front, seems high. Also, if you are a repeat Audi customer, you can get loyalty money which is what I will typically use as my down to cover all the fees which makes the deal a 0 down drive off. Not sure if the residual of 55% already includes AudiCare or not, but you should look at that - adds 1% to the residual which will just about absorb the additional cost of that service.
  • joline0727joline0727 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man

I am a first time leaser and my first Audi. Had BMW, Benz, Caddy but never an Audi- i feel like im getting jipped. MSRP is $45,195 for the Audi Q5 2.0 prem plus I was told today 6000 down 36mos lease of $659.55 monthly payment. Can you tell me or help me with numbers. What should I get it for/ask for? I live in Seattle, WA
  • rr4mywiferr4mywife Member Posts: 60
    You are totally getting jipped. I got a quote on the exact car, 12K miles per year, NY registered for $663/month, but with only $1800 out of pocket (bank fee, first month and tags). This payment includes NY taxes rolled into the payments. The dealer gave me the car at invoice. Does not sound like your dealer is discounting the car at all.

Hope this helps.
    Hi jnew00. AFS' 10,000 mile per year residual values are 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Audi Care does indeed add 1%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.